Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Nova Project ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 6
___________________________________

Nova's slowly opened his eyes, a red light flashing in his dark room. He blinked a few times, and sat up. Destiny was curled up beside him, asleep. He stood up, looking out the window to see a transport starfighter heading right towards the starship.

"Huh?" Nova asked himself, then saw a few more starfighters heading toward the ship. They didn't look like the Starships own fighters. Suddenly, the whole ship shook as the Enemy starfighters began firing their plasma weapons at the ship.

"Shoot!" He braced himself as the ship shook, and he glanced to Destiny, who had shot up in confusion.

"M-Myu?" She whimpered a little, looking at Nova.

"It's alright Destiny. Stay here. I'm going to check it out." Nova picked up his blaster, and holstered it before he dashed out into the hallway, seeing a few T.R.A.G. members head down the hallway with their plasma rifles.

"What's going on?" Nova asked Pyro who just happened to pass by, seeming in a hurry.

"Some action, mate! Grab you're gun, we have some unwanted vistors." He said before he continued running down the hallway.

"Crap…" He mumbled and dashed after him, paw resting on the butt of his blaster.

"Warning. Enemy soldiers have infiltrated the starship on the 10th floor." The Starships Computer announced over the intercom.

Pyro hopped into the elevator, and held it open for Nova.

Nova ran inside, watching Pyro let the doors close, and he pressed the 10th floor button.

Soon, the elevator arrived at it's destination, and Pyro looked up and down the hallway, spotting only the rest of his platoon.

"Where are they?" Pyro joined the rest of his platoon.

Nova followed Pyro, kneeling down since everyone else was.

"We've cut them off and trapped them." The platoon leader replied, a nametag was on his uniform, it said "John." He was aiming his plasma rifle down the hallway, waiting.

Nova unholstered his blaster, ready for any attack from the enemy.

Suddenly, two enemy soldiers ran into view, and immediately took aim at Nova, Pyro, and the others. They looked like human's with lizard like skin.

"Fire! Open fire!" Commanded the platoon leader, and all at once, everyone began firing at the two enemys, everyone but Nova, who watched the plasma burn right through the enemy's armor. The enemy soldiers fell.

Everyone was silent for a moment, waiting to see if any more enemy soldiers came.

After a bit, the platoon leader turned, looking at the rest of the group. "Any injuries?"

They all looked at him, shaking their heads.

"Good, they're should be more enemy soldiers, so watch-" John spoke, but he was cut off as a plasma rifled was fired at his head. More enemy soldiers had come into view, about five.

The rest of the platoon opened up on the enemy soldiers, while Nova stood there, slowly wiping John's blood off of his face. He had been standing close behind John while he was shot.

The platoon eliminated the rest of the enemy soldiers easy, and John was the only casualty.


A few hours later, Nova was sitting on the edge of the bed staring at the floor, thinking.

Pyro stepped into Nova's room, looking at Nova. "Hey mate… you alright?" He asked softly, sitting down beside Nova.

Nova sighed softly, nodding. He hadn't even looked at Pyro yet. "…One minute he's talking… then the other he's dead." Nova looked at Pyro.

"Well, war is hell, Nova. Casualties is something you're going to see all the time."

"I know, but… I guess I was startled to suddenly have my face splattered with his blood…" He rubbed his forehead with a paw.

Pyro sighed, putting a paw on Nova's shoulder. "Hey mate… don't worry about it. It happens to everyone…" Pyro stood up, arms resting at his sides. "If you want to come to the funeral… you can." He stepped to the door, looking back at him. "I hope ya feel better, mate." He looked back in front of him, and stepped outside disappearing into the hallway.

"…Yeah, thanks." He nodded, hearing Pyro leave the room. Nova picked up the blaster, and looked at it. He hadn't even fired it during the attack. If he had just kept his eyes down the hallway… maybe he could have saved John's life. He didn't want to go to the funeral, he didn't feel like he would fit in. Instead, he laid back on his bed, eyes staring up at the ceiling before he shut them.

But he would get no rest. Leon stepped into his room, holding Destiny in one arm.

Destiny looked at Nova curiously, she hadn't known what happened earlier.

Nova spotted Destiny, and immediately he stood up, and hugged Destiny. "Destiny, I'm sorry I ran off so quickly."

"Don't worry, Nova. I took her to the daycare after you left." Leon smirked, placing his paws in his pockets.

Nova smiled. "Thank you," he said, and kissed Destiny's forehead.

A smile slowly curved over Destiny's lips, and she giggled softly, giving Nova a hug around his neck.

He hugged her, nuzzling her gently.

"You alright? I heard about what happened."

"…Yeah." He nodded. "I'll be fine." Nova was recovering from it slowly.

"Well, ok. I just wanted to make sure. All of us were a bit… weary the first time we saw someone die right in front of our eyes, especially a teammate." He stepped back over to the door, his tail flicking. "I'll leave you be now. I'll see you later." Leon disappeared out into the hallway.

Nova sat down with Destiny cuddled up in his arms, purring like a kitten. He smiled at her purring, and he stroked her head gently.

Suddenly, he could hear water run in his bathroom from the sink.

Nova blinked, and placed Destiny on the bed beside him. "How'd the sink turn on?" He stepped to the bathroom door, and stepped inside. The door shut behind him, and he stepped over to the sink, turning it off. "Huh? That's strange.."

Out of no where, someone snuck up behind him and wrapped a thin string around Nova's neck, choking him and holding him tight.

Nova gagged, paws struggling to grip at the string. He saw in the mirror that it was one of those lizard creatures behind him.

"You foolsss. Ssshould of ssstayed out of our domain." The creature hissed, pulling on the string tighter.

He shut his eyes tightly, pushing back against the creature.

"Time to die…" The creature grinned, chuckling coldly.

Nova growled, using all his energy to ran backwards, and slam the creature into wall causing it to loose it's grip.

"Ssssh-!" He grunted, hissing at Nova.

Before the creature did anything else, Nova flipped him over his shoulder, slamming it into the hard bathroom floor.

"Ugh!" The creature grunted again, and slowly pushed himself up. His back was to Nova.

Nova stood in a fighting position, watching the creature carefully to make sure it didn't attack.

The creature did attack, he spun around bringing a concealed knife across Nova's cheek.

Nova stumbled to the side, a paw holding his cheek as blood began to seep out.

The creature lunged at him with the knife, growling. He pinned Nova against the wall, the knife right in Nova's face.

Nova gripped his wrist, trying to keep the knife from getting any closer to his face. He brought a knee up into the lizards gut, making him loosen up again. Then he took a paw, and pushed the creatures face away. But the creature kept on pushing against Nova, bringing that knife near his face.

Suddenly the door opened, and in stepped Pyro who quickly looked at Nova and the creature. "Hey!" He ran over to the creature, and pulled him back away from Nova.

The creature hissed, and slammed his fist back across Pyro's jaw line, sending him back. It turned, looking at Pyro. And it rose the knife above it's head, about to attack Pyro.

But Nova grasped that blaster, and pulled it from his utility belt. And he aimed at the creature's back and he pulled the trigger, twice.

It hissed one last time before yelping, and it fell onto the floor, not moving.

Nova held the blaster in two paws, slowly lowering it as he stared down at the lizard creature.

Pyro quickly sat up, looking at the creature then back to Nova. He was a little wide-eyed. "…Look's like we're having fried lizard on a stick, mate!" He joked, rubbing the back of his head.

He smirked lightly and holstered the blaster. "…He tried to kill me." Nova frowned, then stepped over to the mirror, looking at the cut across his cheek.

"I heard something in you're room. So I stepped inside, saw Destiny, then found out the noise was from the bathroom. And here I am." Pyro stood up, using a foot to turn the limp form of the lizard face up.

"Well I'm glad you came…" Nova picked up a cloth and wetted it before he cleaned up his cut, wincing a bit as he did so.

"Yeah." Pyro kneeled, and checked over the creature for anything useful.

He put the cloth on the sink, and stepped over to Pyro.

"Hmm. This one must of snuck past our soldiers somehow." He frowned not finding anything useful.

"Just had to hide here too." Nova smirked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well, I'll have this cleaned up." Pyro stood up, looking at Nova. "That cut alright?"

"Yeah. It'll be fine." Nova nodded.

"Alright." Pyro picked up his radio, and called for a few people.


That night…

Everyone was gathered up in the bar, drinking and talking and laughing.

Nova was there, sipping at a glass of water as he watched the others talked about random things.

"Everyone listen!" Pyro hopped up, raising his glass of beer into air. "Cheer's for Nova! He fragged his first enemy today!"

Nova watched as every one looked at him, then rose their beers in a cheer. He was embarrassed, he seemed to just sink down in his chair. They all praised him for the kill. He simply just gave a quiet, "Thank you," before he sipped lightly at his water.

Pyro smiled then sat back down, resuming in his conversations with his friends.

Nova glanced over to his left, spotting Samantha a few seats over, smiling back at him. He smiled a little, then looked back to the floor in front of him.

Samantha stood up quietly, and walked over to him to sit down in an empty seat right next to him. "I'm glad you shot him before he killed both of you," She said, still looking at him.

"Thanks…" Nova smiled a little once more, still looking at the floor.

"You're welcome." She smiled, and kissed Nova on the cheek before she stood up, and exited the bar, leaving Nova there blushing.

Nova didn't say anything. But he did smile from the kiss. A few people had seen him get kissed on the cheek and blush, but no one said anything. Nova just acted normal, taking another sip of his water.



The next day was a boring one. Until that night…

All of the T.R.A.G. members were called into the meeting room. Leon, standing tall, was waiting for all of them.

"Alright guys," He began, "This is a four man mission. So, four of you are going to be sent down to Earth in sixty minutes."

"And, what's the mission, mate?" Pyro asked.

"We have word on a new fighting prototype, based on a Mewtwo." Leon folded his arms behind his back. "All the information we need is located in a Villa found in the Alps. Your mission? Infiltrate and collect all the information you can, and get the heck out of there."

"And who's going?" Another T.R.A.G. member asked.

"I'm just about to announce that." He frowned. "If your name is called, you are to gear up, and meet on the hanger to board a transport. The names are…" Leon picked up a paper, looking over it. "Pyro Arita."

"All right!" Pyro beamed, standing up and dashing out of the meeting room.

Leon continued, "Takashi Yorimitsu."

Takashi grinned, standing up. "Great." Like Pyro, he exited the room.

"The third to go is, Samantha." Leon glanced to Sam.

Samantha stood up, and walked out of the meeting room.

Nova sighed, figuring he wasn't going to be picked.

"And the last is Nova Hellfyre." He placed the paper down, looking at Nova. "Good luck."

Nova was a bit surprised, but he couldn't help but smile and quickly stand up, dashing out of the room and towards his.



After everyone had geared up in their wetsuits and gear, they met in the hanger with Leon.

"Everyone ready?" Leon glanced to each one of them.

Everyone nodded in reply.

"Alright. I want to see each one of you alive when this transport comes back." Leon knocked on the side of the transport, the back opening. "That's an order."

"Yes, sir." Pyro smirked, stepping into the back of the transport, and everyone followed.

After everyone was inside, the door closed, and the transport lifted off the floor, flying out the hanger opening. It headed towards Earth at a tremendous speed. And within a few minutes, Earth could be seen through the small windows.

"Wow. It's been awhile since I've been back to Earth." Pyro commented, loading his silver .45.

Takashi looked at the .45, then to his blaster. "Hey man, why do you have a .45?" He asked.

"Because I trust this more," Pyro replied.

Samantha sat there quietly beside Nova, her blaster holstered.

Nova sighed, staring at his feet in thought as they flew towards their destination. "I hope I don't screw up," He said, looking out the window.

"Don't worry, Nova. You'll do fine," Samantha answered.

"I hope so." Nova leaned his head back against the wall.

Finally, they reached their destination, and the back opened.

Pyro jumped out first, landing on the cold snow a few feet below. The others followed. After they had left, the transport pulled off, heading elsewhere.

"Alright." Pyro shivered. "It's bluddy cold here!"

Takashi smirked, taking out his datapad. "The villa should be right over that hill." Takashi motioned to it.

"Ok. Then let's go." Samantha ran towards the hill, and everyone rushed to keep up with her.

Nova unholstered his blaster, just in case they came across a patrol.

Samantha peeked over the hill, and sure enough, she spotted the villa. Also, there were a few patrols seen. "There it is," She whispered.

"And how do we get in?" Pyro glanced at the villa, looking it over slowly for any point of entries.

Sam retrieved her datapad and a map of the villa appeared on the screen. "Hm…" She pressed a few buttons. "Here." She pointed out a large glass window on the roof. "Drop into the villa there. We can get on the roof using a ladder on the side of the building," She continued, "All we have to do is get past the patrols, which won't be to hard."

"Alright, mate, sounds good," Pyro replied. "Well, what are we waiting for?" He smirked, and kept low as he began walking towards the villa, eyes making sure the patrols didn't see him. Seeing the patrols were on the other side of the villa, he hurried to the ladder, and climbed up onto the roof. After the patrols came back and the left again, the rest of the group hurried onto the roof.

Pyro removed one of the glass frames easily, and hopped down into a large living room. After making sure no one was in the room, he called the rest of the group down into the room.

"Alright, we should split up," Takashi suggested.

"Right." Sam nodded. "We need to find the information on the new Mewtwo. And try not to be seen." With that, She disappeared through a door. The others did the same, leaving Nova alone in the living room.

Nova sighed, gripping his blaster tightly. "I can do this," He thought, and he stepped out of the living room, and headed down a hallway filled with doors. Suddenly his sensitive ears caught the sound of two people talking inside of a room. Nova quietly stepped to the door, listening to the conversation.

"Don't worry, Matt. She's here. And here's all the information you need," A man said.

Nova clenched his fist, he knew that voice right away. He couldn't believe it. "Mr… Mashemi," He said quietly to himself, anger hinted in his voice.

"Mr. Mashemi, I'm very honored to have your help."

"And I'm glad I could… do business with you."

"Here's the money."

"Thank you."

Nova stood up, if he didn't do something soon, he would either get caught or they would get away with the information. He stood in front of the door, and with much force he kicked the door wide open, aiming inside the room at Mr. Mashemi and the other man, Matt.

"Freeze!" He slowly entered the room, watching the two carefully.

Mr. Mashemi was holding a briefcase beside him in one hand, the other hand was stuffed away in his pocket. "Why, Nova? It's so nice to see you again."

"Shut up." Nova growled, aiming at Mr. Mashemi's chest.

"You know this creature?" Matt asked, his hands slowly moving behind his back.

Nova shifted his aim towards Matt. "Put your hands above your head, slowly."

"Hm." Matt smirked, doing what Nova said.

"Now," Nova looked to Mr. Mashemi. "Give me the information on the new Mewtwo."

"Why don't I just show you the new Mewtwo?" He chuckled, motioning behind Nova.

Nova blinked, and suddenly felt like something bad was happening. Slowly he turned around, surprised to see a female Mewtwo standing there. One of her arms and one of her legs were robotic, so was part of her eye.

"It… can't be." Nova said in disbelief.

"Hello, brother." It was Neoko.

Nova narrowed his eyes, and raised his aim quickly towards Neoko. But Neoko shot her robotic arm out, gripping Nova's throat tightly and picking him up off his feet.

"Drop it." She growled, nearly cutting off Nova's air supply.

Nova had no choice but to drop it, and so he did. His eyes looked behind Neoko to see yet another familiar face enter. Nova did the best to speak, "T..Tak..Takashi! H-He..lp!" He could barely get the words out do to the lack of air.

Takashi smirked, ignoring Nova, and stepped right to Mr. Mashemi. "There, I got him here," Takashi said, looking over his shoulder at Nova.

Neoko released Nova, and kicked him down to the floor harshly with that metal foot.

"Ugh!" Nova hit the ground, holding his chest where he had been kicked. "What the heck! Takashi! What is going on?!"

"Business," Takashi said, chuckling softly.

Mr. Mashemi stepped to Nova, smirking. He said, "Oh, and the other two of your pathetic group? Don't worry, our guys will soon find them. For you," He pulled out a small injection gun. "You can rest," He continued, and then put the gun to Nova's neck, shooting a substance into his bloodstream.

"You.." Nova winced, and quickly fell weak. Soon, he fell unconscious, laying there motionless.


Nova slowly opened his eyes, finding himself in a battle arena, wearing nothing but a strange collar around his neck. "H..Huh…?" He blinked, sitting up. "Ugh," He moaned, rubbing his forehead. "My head hurts.." He looked to the other end of the arena, seeing Pyro and Sam chained to the wall, both unconscious. "Sam, Pyro!" He stood up, running towards them. As he reached the middle of the arena, Neoko appeared right in front of him, blocking his path.

"Where are you going, Nova?" She grinned softly, a soft purr heard from the back of her throat.

He took a step back, he felt a little dizzy. He tried to shake it off. "No… w-where," He replied.

"Oh?" She started to nudge him backwards, and soon Nova found himself pressing back against the wall.

"Ah.." Nova blinked, watching her carefully.

"You know Nova.." She whispered softly into his ear, kissing his earlobe lightly. "We don't have to fight."

Nova already knew where she was getting at. "I… never… said I wanted… to fight." He sandwitched his lower lip between his teeth.

"Well… I wa-" Neoko stopped as she heard the arena doors open. She growled, looking towards Mr. Mashemi and Matt entering the room. Neoko slowly backed away from Nova, looking back at him.

Nova watched her back off, and then he glanced to the two men, growling to himself.

"Neoko, what were you doing?" Mr. Mashemi asked, raising a brow.

Neoko looked at Mr. Mashemi, replying, "I was interrogating him." She smirked, looking back at Nova.

"Right." Mr. Mashemi shook his head, stepping to them. "Now, Nova." He smirked, glancing to him. "I want to show Matt what Neoko can do, so, you two will battle."

"What! Never!" Nova growled.

"I'm afraid you have no choice, Nova. You see, see that collar around your neck?" He smirked, and suddenly the collar sent a painful shock through Nova's body.

Nova cried out in pain, falling to his knees as he body shook from the shocking.

"It's quite shocking, isn't it?" Mr. Mashemi laughed.

"I'm going to kill you one of these days," Nova said, clenching his fists tightly.

"Doubt it." Mr. Mashemi smirked. "Now, let's get this battle started." He stepped to a door, along with Matt. They stepped into a small observation room to watch the battle.

Neoko smirked, watching Nova as he slowly looked at her.

"I really don't want to do this," Nova said with a sigh, looking down to his feet.

"But you must…" Neoko chuckled, slowly walking towards Nova. Before Nova could do anything else, Neoko appeared right in front of him.

Nova didn't seem startled, he slowly looked up into her face.

Without warning, Neoko brought a metal kneecap right into Nova's gut, causing him to stumble back while gasping for air.

"You could have easily blocked that, Nova," She said with a chuckle, crossing her arms over her chest.

Nova winced, holding his stomach in immense pain. "Ugh…" He ignored the pain, and stood in a ready position.

"Now block this!" Neoko jumped forward at him, sending a fist right for his chest, but Nova was quick enough to block, but he have time to block the blow to his head by her elbow. Nova stumbled onto his side, holding his forehead, wincing.

Sure enough, Nova pushed himself up with a sigh, he didn't want to fight at all.

"What's wrong, Nova? Afraid you might loose?" Neoko asked, arms folding behind her back.

"…I don't want to fight my own sister," He replied, glaring at her.

"Alright," She chuckled, a paw reaching out for him. "Then join us."

"I don't want to do that either." Nova's eyes narrowed.

"Then suffer." With that, Neoko threw Nova upwards with a dose of psychic. Nova cried out in pain as he slammed into one of the rafters, then he fell back down into the area, landing face first.

"Uhn!" He grunted, trembling from so much pain.

Neoko seemed to tower of Nova as she stood beside him, glaring down at him with those eyes narrowed angrily. She grabbed his tail with that metal paw, and dragged him over to where Samantha and Pyro were chained up. "Now," She began to speak, forcing Nova to his knees in front of the two. "I could kill one of them if you don't choose." She chuckled, a small blade sliding from the back of her metal paw. She placed the blade right in front of Sam's neck.

Nova looked at Neoko, then to Sam as her life was threatened. He clenched his fists tightly, he didn't want any of his friends to be killed. "I…"

"You'll what?" She grinned.

"I'll… I'll fight." He sighed, looking down to the floor.

"Then get up and fight," She said, and she stepped away from Samantha, and stood in a ready position.

Nova slowly raised onto his padded feet, placing himself in a fighting position. He was ready as Neoko jumped forward, sending a kick at his side, but Nova blocked it with an arm. Afterwards, she send her other foot at him, right into his stomach, which sent him back a little. But he came back, throwing a fist at her face, which was caught and his arm was twisted harshly.

Nova winced, trying to bend with the arm so she didn't break it.

"Does it hurt?" She laughed, and then suddenly growled, slamming her knee into his face, making him fall back onto the floor.

Nova held his face in intense pain, whimpering as blood seeped from his nose.

Neoko stepped to him, putting a knee across his neck to hold him down and cut off his air supply.

He choked, pushing up on her leg to try to budge it from his neck so he could get air, but he made no progress.

"You want to die, Nova? Because I could kill you right now…" She grinned, leaning in a little so they were face to face.

He winced again, slowly doing the best to try to shake his head 'no'.

"Then all you have to do is give up… It won't be all that bad with Mr. Mashemi," She said, smirking.

"I…give…up," He managed to say as he shut his eyes. He gasped for air as Neoko let off, and stood tall over him as she grinned.

Mr. Mashemi stepped back into the arena along with Matt, and they stepped to Nova, grinning down at him. Mr. Mashemi offered a hand down to him. "Welcome back, Nova," He said, chuckling quietly.

Nova slowly looked at the hand that was held out to him. And slowly that paw slipped into his, gripping it. Suddenly Nova yanked Mr. Mashemi onto the floor beside him, and he wrapped his arms around his neck tightly. "Step back or I'll break his neck!"

Neoko began to step forward, but then stopped in her tracks, narrowing her eyes and growling lowly.

"That's what I thought," Nova said, returning his own growl as he slowly began edging backwards towards the door.

"I'll kill you, Nova," She replied, stepping forward once. "If you don't give it up."

"No, Neoko. I know you won't kill your dear old brother," Nova said with a smirk.

Neoko frowned, crossing her arms. "Hmph."

Nova stepped back to the door, holding onto Mr. Mashemi still. Then he let go of him, kicking him towards Neoko and immediately dove for the door, pressing the button to open it. And right as the door lifted, he was greeted by Takashi, who held tightly to a Mp5.

"The hell?" Takashi snarled, taking a step back and raising the Mp5 at Nova.

"Crap!" Nova ran off to the side as Takashi opened fire, the bullets barely missing Nova. He slid across the floor as the last 5 rounds came flying at him, one of the bullets barely missed his cranium. He could hear Takashi growl as dropped the gun, and Nova glanced over to see Takashi running at him. And before Takashi could even attack, Nova had already flipped up onto his feet and backhanded Takashi harshly across the face, sending Takashi onto his side on the floor.

Nova growled down at him, then looked to his right to see Mr. Mashemi standing right next to him, the cold barrel of a Desert Eagle placed against Nova's temple. "Game's over, Nova." And Mr. Mashemi began to squeeze the trigger.