Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The one of the kind girl ❯ On through Moonstone Mountain and Out with a New Friend ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter five: On through Moonstone Mountain and Out with a New Friend
 
When Janice came back, Shelly had explained about salamander being unusually literate to Misty and had taught the charmander all of vocal sounds of the English letter system. (For those who couldn't understand that last comment, it means the thing now knew things like vowels having short and long sounds.) Her mother's shopping got her several pairs of long jeans; great for hiding her tails; a cap reading “HOT!”; to hide her ears as many don't notice if your ears are missing from the side of head; loose shirts, bras, and a pair of cute pink shoes.
 
“The shoes are missing something.” Shelly said comparing them to her old shoes. “Now I know what is missing!” she then said three minutes later, and whispered something to salamander. The creature then chewed a hole straight down the middle of the front. “Now they are comfortable. Misty, could you show me upstairs how to put on a bra?” Shelly then asked.
 
“Sure.”
 
While the two rushed upstairs, Janice sighed and stared at salamander, “Do you think I should have revealed the secret of her father a bit earlier? I mean she might have been more careful about the firestone if I had.” The charmander then shook her head. It grabbed a pen and paper and wrote “Do you really think she wouldn't have experimented if she had known she was born half vulpix?” Janice first stared at the pokemon and yelled “Shelly have you got a hold on any drugs that need to be burned to have an effect?”
 
“No.”
 
“Okay. Thanks for answering.” She said still staring at the charmander. Janice then whispered to salamander “Yeah, you're probably right.” Then the two then teens filed down the stairs, Misty laughing at Shelly, having one of the bras she got stuck in her hair. “Okay, now how in the world did this just happen in the two minutes you were upstairs?” she complained, giggling.
 
“Apparently, I can generate great heat when surprised, even through my hair. When you yelled for me, I jumped a bit and my hair got caught in a hook-bra you got me. The metal hooks melted fused some of my hairs.” Shelly said annoyed at Misty, “And I can see why you asked that drug question.” When she saw salamander's message. “You know, you are probably right about that.” Then she patted salamander on the head.
 
“Well I have to leave.” Misty announced.
 
“Why?” Shelly had asked.
 
“I am going with you to see Oak, so I need to pack. I am going with you because you don't know the way through Moonstone Mountain.” Misty quickly said seeing Janice about to open her mouth.
 
Shelly then bolted over and gave Misty hug, “Thank you thank you thank you thank you!” she said this in about five milliseconds. “Now I won't that bored while traveling.”
 
“Alright, alright calm down there. This will also give me the chance to help become a better trainer.” Misty then said, gasping for air from the hug. And then she left.
 
“So are you going to explain this, or not?” Janice then said holding salamander's note. Shelly explained it and then went back to teaching salamander English. The rest of their night went uneventful.
 
Inside Shelly's room, she and salamander are going to bed when Shelly starts whispering to salamander. “Hey. Is there a pokemon out there that produces a purple aura?”
 
“Might be char charmander char, uh… mew.” The pokemon then said.
 
“Thanks. Also your English has improved greatly since I started teaching you, except for those outbursts saying your species. But you just started learning to talk so I will cut you some slack.” She said giggling.
 
The next morning, Shelly, salamander, and Misty left toward the mountain. Shelly got bored, and started looking at the scenery they were passing. She then spots a cave being guarded by a bulging muscular man. “Who is that?”
 
“Just a guy sent to protect that cave by Lance of the elite four.” Misty replied. “He is not aloud to let any pass through unless they have beaten the elite four. An overpowering pokemon is rumored to be in there. It supposedly appeared about two years ago.”
 
“Never thought a rumor like that could have been started around here.” She then said. “What do you make of it salamander?”
 
“Could be true, I could confirm it if I could talk to the natives deep within the cave.”
 
“Well now, that is something to add to are to-do list isn't it.” Shelly said with a gleam in her eyes again. “Oh, look a clefairy! Want to try and catch it?” The look in her charmander's eyes told her all she needed to know. “Okay. Let's go!”
 
Shelly then picked up salamander and bolted to the fairy pokemon. After they caught up and cut it off, they started to battle it. “Go and use scratch it!” The blow hit it dead on and caused it to jump back and trip. “Funny, does that usually happen Misty?” Who just caught up with her and fell to the ground panting.
 
“First, damn you and your other genes. Second, no that does not happen often.” She replied breathing heavily.
 
“Huh.” Shelly shrugged, and then threw a pokeball at the pokemon that fell on its ass. It was caught without trouble and was very pissed when Shelly let it out of its pokeball. It went and used double slap on her about seven times. “OWW! You bitch!” Shelly then kicked it up into a tree, where it fainted. “Return you bitch!”
 
The three then journeyed through the mountain, where Shelly caught a zubat and a geodude. Also salamander had started to use bitch when she got hurt by wild pokemon in battle. When they got through, they treated themselves in the center at the other side.
 
“Well, that was fun.” Shelly then said, not exhausted at all from the five hour trek. “We should do that again sometime. And we are going to have go back again, unless you have a faster way?” She then said sneeringly at Misty.
 
“Yeah, but you need experience. You are a newbie after all. By the way, after we see Oak, I am flying back to Cerulean. So that means we part ways after Pallet town.” Misty then replied. “I am going to see if this center has a bath. You coming?”
 
“No, I am going to see if I can take a dip in the pool for the water pokemon.” Shelly said before walking off with salamander. A few minutes later Shelly heard someone complaining.
 
“Dammit! This zangoose is useless and weak. The only reason I am keeping you is that you might worth something to someone else.” A very annoying little boy was whispering to his zangoose. Shelly couldn't help but over hear it with her pokemon ears.
 
She approached the trainer and stared at the zangoose with interest. “This is a nice pokemon, want to trade for it?” Shelly said not looking at the trainer at all.
 
“Yeah. I am cool with him.” Salamander then said.
 
The trainer, in shock and awe, then asked “Why, you willing to trade that charmander for it?”
 
“No, but we will trade a clefairy for it.”
 
“Sure deal.” The trainer then agreed.
 
After the trade, the trainer then asked for a battle. “Sure, you're on. The rules are a maximum of four pokemon, and we start out using the pokemon we just traded. You got that?” The trainer then nodded vigorously. They go to the back of the center to battle.
 
“Go Rikki!” Shelly said.
 
“Go clefairy!” The other trainer said. “Ladies first.”
 
“Rikki, scratch, sword dance, and then quick attack.” The zangoose, inspired by the tone of voice of his new owner, executed this order quicker than it thought it could possibly go. After that combo, he did several fury cutters and fainted his opponent. Next came an arbok, which he slew easily without orders. Basically he took out the kid's entire party.
 
“No fair! I want a trade back! You cheated!” the kid yelled.
 
“I think it's his choice.” Shelly replied, pointing at the triumphant zangoose. Rikki then turned around, faced his previous owner, then put down his thumb and rightmost claw on his right paw, and flipped the kid off. “That has got to be a no.” Shelly said sneeringly. “Now then, want to go to the pool guys?”
 
Both Salamander and Rikki nodded, and ran off with her to get permission. When Shelly got it, she went into the bathroom, to change. Her suit is a yellow bikini with Corsola prints, two on the top piece four on the bottom. When she got to the pool, she put a special orb, designed for charmanders, charmeleons, and charzards, on Salamander's tail. After an hour or two of swimming, Shelly decided they should find Misty. When they found, Shelly explained what happened while she was gone. When she was done explaining, the sun had set, so they decided to go to bed.