Pokemon Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Rapid Riders. ❯ Meeting Elm ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well I'm still not one to be let down, so on to the next part of Legend of the Rapid Riders.

Same disclamers apply.

And now Let the Magic Begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------

"We've been living in these woods for 3 weeks now!" said Nabiki. "Can't we go find a town?"

"I guess we can. Charger and I have been picking up some new techniques. I think the little guy feels like he's ready for
anything." said Ranma picking up his new friend.

"Pikachu."

"Well, let's pack up the camp and see what we can find." said Nodoka. Soon the group was on the way.

"So where do you bthink we'll end up?" asked Mousse.

"Charger said he's seen a town 10 clicks from here. After we reach there we'll see about getting our bearings." said Ranma.

"Big Brother, Shampoo think she hears voices." said Shampoo.

"Did you gain cat-like senses when your cursed form got free from you Shampoo?" asked Ukyo. the Amazon nodded.

"So can you make out what they're saying?" asked Nabiki.

"They say something about how to spend reward about getting rare Pokemon and taking it to boss. Also say this well go down in
Team Rocket history. What that mean?" asked Shampoo.

"Sounds like some kind of mafia." said Nabiki.

"Or a crime syndicate." said Mousse.

"It's the same thing Mousse." said Ukyo.

"Well I'm not gonna stand by and let them finish their job! Which way Shampoo?" asked Ranma.

"Follow Shampoo." she said putting down her case.

"Ukyo, Mousse, watch the others. We'll be back!" said Ranma following his sister. Soon they came across 10 men in black
uniforms each with an R on the shirts. and 4 of them are holding a travel cage.

"Listen kids, you'd better get out of our way if you know what's good for you!" the leader said.

"Oh we'll leave alright, but not before freeing that Pokemon you bullied!" said Ranma taking a stance.

"Oh you will eh? Get them men!" ordered the leader. Ranma and Shampoo took them out.

"Guess it's you and us now. Still think you can finish you job?" asked Ranma cracking his knuckles.

"I GIVE UP! DON'T HURT ME!" sobbed the leader. Ranma tied him up.

"We'll take these jerks to town with us and turn them to the cops." said Ranma.

"Shampoo free Pokemon." said Shampoo going to the cage, but when she opened it. "AIYA!"

"What's wrong?" asked Ranma. Shampoo tried her best to make sure he didn't see.

"Big brother shouldn't see Pokemon!" said Shampoo. But said Pokemon could fly and floated over her head.

"Mew?"

"C-C-C-CAAAAT!" Ranma ran for his life but crashed into a tree knocking him out.

"Shampoo warned you." said Shampoo greatful she wasn't cursed anymore.

1What happened to my other rescuer?1 asked the Mew floating to Ranma.

"Big Brother have fear of cats. Started when he was young boy." said Shampoo as she started to explain the Nekoken. When she
was done a great aura ignited around the powerful psychic.

1HOW CAN ANYONE DO SUCH A THING?1 the Mew shouted.

"Shampoo wish she knew." said Shampoo. The Mew then landed on top of Ranma's head. "What you doing?"

1I'm going to use my psychic powers to fix his mind.1 said the Mew.

"Psychic powers?" asked Shampoo.

1It is what we Mews are known for.1 said the Mew before covering herself and Ranma with a pink aura.

"Shampoo have strange feeling about this." Shampoo said to herself before sitting down to wait. 3 hours later the aura disappeared.

1That was the most broken up mind I've ever seen.1 said the Mew.

"Was you able to help Big Brother?" asked Shampoo.

1In more ways then one. I repaired every part of his mind and changed the Nekoken so he can use it at will without the fear of cats.
I've even seen his memories.1 said the Mew.

"Everyone?" asked Shampoo.

1Yes. this is the kind of trainer I'm destined to be with.1 said the Mew. Ranma groaned as he came to and this time, he didn't shake in fear
of the catlike Pokemon.

"You the one that fixed my mind?" he asked.

1I am. and I want to join you.1 said the Mew. It took her an hour to get him to agree.

"Alright. If you're joining us you need a name." said Ranma.

"Shampoo can't help but notice she sines like the moon." said Shampoo.

"I know, Selene!" said Ranma.

"After the Greek Angel of the moon?" asked Shampoo. Ranma nodded.

1I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT!1 said the newly named Selene.

"We better take these guys to the others, they might be worried about us by now." said Ranma as the duo snatched the tied up
Team Rocket and head to where the others was staying. Needless to say when they saw Selene and Ranma not being afraid of her they fanited.

"So you've not afraid of cats anymore huh Ranma?" asked Nabiki after the woke up 4 hours later and hearing the story.

"Yep. Thanks for taking care of Charger for me while he was taking a nap Mom." said Ranma petting his 2 Pokemon on his lap.

"Well the pour thing was so tired after all that training you gave him." said Nodoka.

"Anyway I vote we get as close to the town as we can before nightfall." said Nabiki.

1I can get us there faster.1 said Selene encasing them in a pink bubble and getting them to the town be breakneck speed before
popping it and hiding in Ranma's backpack. 1My kind is a rare Pokemon. I think it's best that I don't attract attention.1

"Excuse me." said Nabiki stopping a milkman passing by. "You by any chance know where we are?"

"Why you are in New Barq Town Ma'am. You need a map?" asked the milkman.

"No but thanks anyway." said Nabiki letting the Milkman go on his way.

"Okay, so we know where we are. Now what do we do?" asked Mousse.

"Well, the first thing we should do is turn these crooks over to the cops." said Ranma.

"I hope there's a reward for them." said Nabiki rubbing her hands together.

"Some things never change." said Ranma. Soon at the police station Nabiki was counting a big wad of bills.

"Excuse me Officer Jenny was it?" asked Nodoka.

"Yes." said the poicewoman.

"Can you tell me if there's a Pokemon expert here in town?" asked Nodoka.

"Why that would be Professer Elm. He's in charge of giving new trainers their starter Pokemon here in the Johto Region.
he's also a Pokemon Researcher." said Jenny.

"Oh I see." said Nodoka before finding out how to get to his lab.

"Thanks for your help." said Ranma shaking Jenny's hand. Jenny started to blush after taking in how handsome he is.

"Uh, y-you're welcome. If you're going to be in town for long I know this great diner if you want to tour the city." she stammered.

"We'll keep that in mind sugar. Thanks." said Ukyo dragging Ranma out by the pigtail followed by the others. Jenny fainted
after that.

"Why are you doing this?" asked Ranma.

"I know we're brother and sister now Ranchan but we're still new to this world and I think we should try to get a hang on how
things work around here before we get attached to anyone." said Ukyo after letting him go when they reached the lab door.

"Oh, hello. May I help you?" asked Elm after he answered the door.

"I hope you can. May we come in? it's a long story." said Nodoka. After 4 hours of talking and showing Ranma's curse Elm nodded.

"I can see how people new to this world know so little about Pokemon. Well I can help out. I assume that Pikachu and Mew Ranma
has are his starter Pokemon?"

"Yep." said Ranma.

"Having a Mew is an impressive feat in itself. I hope you let me study her while you're here." said Elm.

"Just don't scare her." said Ranma who was looking at the duck and the cat that was Mousse and Shampoo's cursed forms eating
some Pokemon Food. Soon they was encased in a bright light and changed shape. The duck became a Farfetchd and the Cat became a Skitty

"If those are Pokemon, Mousse and Shampoo are set." said Nabiki.

"Why yes they are." said Elm. "I guess now that leaves Nodoka, Nabiki, Kasumi, and Ukyo. However I have the choices of 3 Starter Pokemon
I can give to new trainers." said Elm taking out 3 Pokeballs and opening them to make them appear. "The Grass type Chikorita,
the Fire type Cyndaquil, and the Water type Totodile."

"You 3 go ahead and pick." said Nodoka.

"In that case, I pick Totodile." said Kasumi.

"Cyndaquil for me." said Ukyo.

"Guess it's you and me Chikorita." said Nabiki.

"Now that we got this out of the way it's going to be a while before I can restock on the starters. But Professer Birch,
the researcher from Honen in charge of giving starter trainers their first Pokemon there should be visiting tomorrow. I'm
sure he can help you get started Nodoka." said Elm.

"I can wait." said Nodoka.

"Very well." said Elm turning to the new trainers and giving them their Pokegear and explaining how to use them. Shampoo and Mousse
stored their starters in a Pokeball while Ranma chose to keep his out since his backpack was big enough to keep Charger and Selene
out of the rain if needed.

"It's going to be a while before Mom gets her starter. I say we study as much as we can about Pokemon so we can be ready." said Nabiki.

"Good idea." said Ranma.

"You can use my study if you like. I sometimes let the Pokemon I care for out of their Pokeballs. I'm overworked right now
so I can use a bit of help." said Elm.

"You can count on us." said the gang as they headed out to the yard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------

It's been a long time, but I did it again. Sorry for the wait but it's rare for me to have time for the computer these days.
My next upcoming work will be a Ranma/Slayers crossover. Which Honen starter should Nodoka have? Time to vote.
Don't forget to reveiw. To those with wings, fly to your dreams.