Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ Carousing @ the carnival ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PART 9

Disclaimer: Shadow has never claimed to own pokemon, at least not in this fic. Therefore, if anyone tries to sue her, Shadow will unleash the power of Destiny on the unfortunate soul, and laugh while they writhe in pain.

Notes: <> indicates telepathy, ** indicates thoughts, and italics indicates poke speech. Why do I keep repeating myself? Well, because new readers seem to come in every chapter, and I don't want a bunch of e-mails/reviews asking what the symbols mean.

Ranma - actually, not too much. Certain things one can do. But it still has to be a tiny bit canon.

Tmp - well, a noctowl can fly people in the game, right? I still think Lance has pink hair, but you're entitled to your opinion. Of course Ash doesn't know! It's more fun that way. Chikorita is so cute!

Nikki Wind Crystal Wind - just a question, are you Pokemon Reader? I'll keep writing, don't worry!

Note 2: Just to clear things up, its sort of a circus/carnival.

Part 9: Carousing at the Carnival

"Thanks, Noctowl." Ash told the owl pokemon, which preened.

No problem. It was a pretty relaxing flight for me.

"Noctowl, Return." Lance said, as he gave it a rare candy. "So which tent do you want to check out first?"

"How about the one with the seel on it?" Ash asked.

"That sounds good. It looks like a goldfish-catching booth."

"Cool!" Ash said as he took off. Lance ran after the hyperactive kid. * He's really fast when he wants to be. *

"It costs fifty cents a try." The slimy-looking man running the booth said. He looked appreciatively at the black-haired girl. * Ooh, pre-pubescent, I think. She'd be a great lay. *

Lance's eyes narrowed as she picked up the man's perverted thoughts. * What a hentai. As soon as we finish this game, I'm leaving. Even if I have to drag Ash to another booth! * She took out her purse and handed the man a dollar. "Two, please."

"Anything you say, sweetheart." The man said.

Lance suppressed an urge to slowly guillotine the man. She took the proffered plastic fishnets and handed one to Ash.

"We'll both try it, okay?"

"Okay!" Ash said. He took a bowl and began trying to scoop goldfish into it. The net broke after he caught two fish, an orange one and a black one. The man's jaw dropped, but he handed Ash a miniature glass bowl to put the fish in.

Ash did a little dance of joy.

Lance shrugged and tried his luck. He looked annoyed as the proprietor kept glancing at him. * That's it! I'm not trying this if that hentai keeps staring at my chest! What a pervert! * His eyes glowed blue for a moment, before a single orange goldfish appeared in his net.

Ash sensed that Lance was mad, but he didn't know why. He sat down and watched the goldfish swim around in the bowl. They were very cute.

Lance took the goldfish and put it in the same bowl as Ash's. "Let's go play some other games, Ash."
"Sounds good to me!" Ash said. He waited until they were a few feet away before he ventured to ask his question.

"Lance, are you mad at me?"

"No, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at the person who was running the goldfish game."

"Why?"

Lance didn't want to explain sex Ed to an eight-year old, so she thought up another explanation. "He was staring at me. I don't like that."
"Oh." Ash said.

"Can we play this one?"

Lance shrugged. They had played most of the carnival games, and the prizes filled a little cart already. "The ring toss?"

"Yep!"

"All right. I'm going to take a break." Lance said. She gave Ash five dollars and watched as he ran off to the booth, draped with pictures of pokemon and displaying huge stuffed pikachus and charmanders as prizes.

Ash closed his eyes and threw out all five rings at the same time. All of them bounced off.

"Try again, kid." The bored-looking lady said as she snapped her gum.

Ash handed over another dollar. This time, he kept his eyes open and one of the rings landed on a bottleneck.

"Green, eh. That means you get a medium prize." The lady said, indicating a row of stuffed plushies. "Which one do you want?"

"Can I have the teddy bear? The light brown one?"

"Go ahead." The lady boosted Ash up, so he could take one off. Ash hugged the stuffed bear tightly. * I won! I can't believe it! * He began walking back to where Lance was sitting.

"Do you want to go see the shows now?"

Ash nodded enthusiastically. Lance produced as schedule.

"Okay, the next one is in five minutes. Yikes!" Ash said as he peered over Lance's shoulder. "Let's go!"

Lance blinked as the hyperactive kid dragged him into the tent. He barely had time to throw the money to the lady at the counter.

"Come again!" She called.

Ash wasn't silent once during the circus acts. He cheered, cried, gasped, nearly fell into the ring, and clapped throughout the show. Lance was slightly more reserved, but was still pretty animated. Ash nearly fainted when he saw the triple midair somersaults, but Lance was ready with a bottle of cold water, which he generously splashed in Ash's face.

"That was really fun, Lance!" Ash said happily. "I think this is my best birthday so far!"

"That's good. And it's going to get better." Lance said. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "I got backstage passes for us."
Ash's eyes sparkled. "Really?"

"Yes. Shh, don't let anyone know." Ash nodded. After they had followed the crowd out of the tent, Lance led Ash down a row of caravans before they encountered a girl with red hair in a ponytail and a boy with purple hair dressed in identical black and white tamer outfits.

"Are you here for the grand tour? I'm Jessie." The girl said, shaking hands with them. "That's my partner James."
James waved as he tossed a steak to the excited Growlithes. "Pleased to meet you."

Jessie and James showed them around the compound. They got to look at all the animals and pokemon they had seen in the show, and some others that were displayed on the fairway.

"This is a Llama. They're from South America." Jessie said, pointing to an animal with a long neck and silky white fur. "In their native land, they are used to transport people."

"This is a tiger." James said. In a cage stood a huge animal that slightly resembled an Arcanine. It yawned as they walked towards it.

"It's so pretty!" Ash said.

"Yes, isn't it?" Jessie asked as she stroked the big cat behind the ears. "These are very hard to find."

After a while, the tour ended. Lance took Ash home after dinner at the Caterpie Café.

"Lance?"

"What is it?" Lance asked as he tucked Ash in.

"I love you."

Lance smiled as he kissed Ash on the cheek. "I love you too, Ash. Sleep well."

Ash nodded and was soon asleep.

End Part 8!

Mostly sweet and fluffy, ne? Drop me a review and tell me what you think! Flames will be used to barbecue evil people who don't review. Comments and Constructive Criticism accepted. *Smile*