Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ More badge collecting and training ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 10! The first double-digit chapter! Yeah!

Disclaimer: Shadow does not own pokemon. And even if I made any money off this, I'd probably spend it all buying pokemon plushies anyways.

Notes: Lance is a girl. If you didn't already know that, you haven't been paying attention for the past ten parts. <> Indicates psychic communication, a.k.a. telepathy, ** indicates thoughts, and italics indicates pokemon speech. LANCE IS BLONDE! I don't care that they gave him red hair in the manga and pink hair in the anime. Those evil animators! *Shadow pulls out a pitchfork and begins glaring menacingly at the animators*

Pairings: They're just kids! Sheesh! Fine, it gets championshippy later on in the fic. No, this is not shonen ai. Lance is a girl. Okay?

Part 10: More badge collecting and training

"Chikorita, use Tackle!" The small plant pokemon barreled into the Rattata, sending it flying somewhere into the horizon.

Chikorita smiled happily up at Ash as he knelt down and petted it on the head.

"Great job, Chikki!" Ash told his newest pokemon.

Chikorita preened. I'm good, aren't I?

Well, of course! You're one of Ash's pokemon! Poliwag said.

Could somebody help me? Spearow asked out of the blue. I seem to be stuck in these branches.

"I'll free you in a sec." Ash said as he started climbing up the tree. "Can't you fly?"

Spearow huffed. Of course I can fly! But I can't fly away if my leg is stuck, can I? Ash sweatdropped. * This is just too strange… *

After a few minutes, Ash managed to get Spearow out of the tree. However, due to his inopportune bad luck, he also toppled out of the tree.

Ash! Chikki shouted as she dashed over as fast as she could, in a vain attempt to catch him. Spearow and Poliwag also hurried over, but it seemed like he was going to crash into the stony ground any minute.

It was in this panic that Kakuna finally evolved into Beedrill. The bug pokemon managed to catch Ash two seconds before he would have hit the ground.

When Lance arrived two minutes later on Aerodactyl, Ash was fine.

"Are you okay? I heard Chikorita scream…" Lance said as he checked Ash over, despite his protests.

"I'm fine, Lance!" Ash said, peppy as always. "Beedrill saved me!"

Beedrill buzzed proudly.

Lance sighed a mushroom cloud. "Be careful, Ash."

"I know." Ash sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you."

"Just remember, I ask you to stay out of trees and away from sharp rocks for a reason. I'm trying to protect you."

Ash nodded. * I didn't mean to… *

Lance hugged the younger trainer. "Just be careful, okay? I'm going to go to Vermillion to check on some things."
"What about lunch?" Ash asked with puppy dog eyes.

Lance smiled. "Did you think I forgot? I made sandwiches."

"Yay!" Ash said. "Okay, then! Bye!"

"Bye." Lance said as he re-mounted his Aerodactyl. "See you tonight!" Then, they took off for Vermillion City.

"He's so nice…" Ash said with little starry eyes. "I want to grow up to be just like Lance!" Chikki smiled at her trainer and rubbed against his leg.

"Okay! Let's find some more pokemon to fight, Chikki!"

Chikorita nodded enthusiastically and galloped off. Ash ran after his sprightly pokemon, laughing happily.

"Gyrados, use Hyper Beam!" The hyper beam plowed into Lt. Surge's Electabuzz, stunning it and giving it swirls for eyes. Surge narrowed his eyes and recalled his electric warrior.

"You're a good trainer, I'll give you that." Surge said. "But can you defeat my titan of electricity?" From the shadows came a Raichu, surrounded by several hundred voltorbs and electrodes. "I highly doubt you can win against these odds."

Lance snarled. "Cheater."
Surge laughed. "Me? I'm wounded. But this ensures that only the best receive my badge of lightning! Attack!"

Lance managed to dodge the first few, before a Voltorb hit Gyrados and exploded, downing the water/flying type.

Surge laughed. "Give up now?"

"Dragonair, Aerodactyl, Magneton, go!" Lance shouted. The three pokemon appeared, roaring and humming respectively.

"Aerodactyl, blast us out of here! Dragonair, use Ice Beam! Magneton, use Sonicboom to confuse those Voltorbs!"

The three respective pokemon responded quickly to their trainer's call. Within a few seconds, Aerodactyl had managed to cut a hole in the roof of the Saint Anne and the Voltorbs were mostly unable to attack due to being frozen solid or otherwise.

"Let's go!" Lance shouted, jumping onto Aerodactyl's back.

Surge smirked. "But you missed one. Raichu, use Thunder!" Lance and Aerodactyl both screamed as the lightning tore through their bodies.

Surge smirked. "That ought to do it." After a few minutes, both Lance and Aerodactyl toppled out of the air and into the sea.

"Sayonara, suckers!" Surge said. He turned his back on them and began walking away from the ship's railing.

As soon as they hit the water, Aerodactyl and Magneton were recalled. Dragonair quickly encased herself and her trainer in a bubble of protection.

"Thanks, Dragonair." Lance said. She glowed and began the healing process. After a few seconds, Dragonair looked perfectly healthy again.

< No problem! Now, let's go show that arrogant lightning pirate what we're really made of! > Dragonair said triumphantly.

Lance nodded. "Yes, we really owe him some pain."

Surge was just settling down in his cabin in front of his T.V., ready for some relaxation, when the windows burst open in a shower of glass.

"What the hell?!" Surge asked.

Lance and Dragonair charged in. "Dragonair, Hyper Beam!"

Dragonair's horn glowed as she poured enough energy to power the S.S. Anne for several days into a charged beam.

"Shit! Raichu, use Thunder again!" Surge cried desperately.

"No use." Lance said, smirking, as the lightning just bounced off. "Now face the wrath of the dragons!"

Dragonair released the energy. The resulting explosion blew the cabin into a million tiny pieces. Surge and Raichu went flying into the ocean.

"Great job, Dragonair." Lance said to her faithful dragon pokemon. "Now, let's go home. Ash will be waiting for us."
Dragonair nodded and began flying away.

Ash looked up as the door opened. "Hi, Lance!"

"Hi, Ash. Did you have fun today?" Lance asked.

"Yep! You know, I saw a really strange pokemon today." Ash said. He pulled out the encyclopedia Lance had given him. "It looked like this."

Lance blinked. "Forretress? The bagworm pokemon?"

"Yeah, I think that's it." Ash said.

Lance narrowed his eyes. * What is a Johto pokemon doing out here? Something must be brewing… *

"That's nice, Ash." Lance said. "Now, what do you want for dinner? Do you want to go to the Pizza Palace?"

"Yay!" Ash said, jumping up and down. "That sounds great!"
"Okay, I'll be ready in twenty minutes." Lance said, as he grabbed some clothes and headed off for the shower.

Ash sighed, hugged Poliwag, and looked at his pokemon encyclopedia.

End part 10!

Drop a review, make me smile! I put two chapters up this time, so I'm expecting more reviews…