Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Just to Satisfy ❯ Why ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim any of the Pokemon characters used in this chapter, because they are all property of Satoshi Tajiri and I haven't stolen the rights from him yet. I bet he has people try that all the time, actually; probably has to have bodyguards and stuff.
 
 
.
 
 
“Blade, what caused you to help us, when Sakura and I were fugitives? I've been meaning to ask, but I kept forgetting.”
 
The absol blinked at the unexpected question, then thought over his answer carefully as they trekked through the dungeon. “At the time, I remember my disgust towards the pokemon chasing after you, falsely accusing you of something you hadn't done. I wanted to set things right.” Frowning slightly at the memory, he added, “I've had experience with that myself, with my ability to foresee disasters.”
 
Kitty nodded in understanding, and then cocked her head to the side as she asked curiously, “So, what made you stay with us?”
 
“I was inspired.”
 
“Inspired?” When he grunted affirmation, she pursed her lips and tried to work out what could've possibly motivated Blade into becoming a full-time rescuer. When she failed in doing that, she gave a mental huff before glancing at him again to examine his anticipation. He knows I'm going to ask. “What inspired you?”
 
Maroon eyes slid over to her, and a faint tug on the corners of his mouth revealed his veiled amusement. “My inspiration . . . was you.
 
 
.
 
 
Theme: My Inspiration
 
Lots of dragon-y love (and cookies!),
~DL (“Dragon Lover”)