Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Just to Satisfy ❯ Human ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim any of the Pokemon characters used in this chapter, because they are all property of Satoshi Tajiri and I haven't stolen the rights from him yet. I bet he has people try that all the time, actually; probably has to have bodyguards and stuff.
 
 
.
 
 
If Caterpie had had feet to shift nervously on, he would be doing a lot of shuffling. “Kitty?”
 
The umbreon glanced at Caterpie and Metapod looking eagerly at her, a tiny smile on her face at the sight of them trying to contain their curiosity. “Yeah?” Often times she'd be stopped by them for a short conversation, so she waited patiently for them to ask questions as they always did.
 
The caterpillar looked at his hard-shelled brother for reassurance, and when he somehow found it in the immobile cocoon he turned back and piped up, “What kinds of things did you have as a human?” It looked like a question that had been nagging him for a while, for he could barely contain his excitement as he bounced up and down impatiently. She could only assume his brother felt the same, seeing as how he couldn't move that much.
 
“Hm, well . . .” Pausing to think over what she could tell them, her smile grew as they waited anxiously for her answer. “Well,” she finally began, “there's lots of things over there. We have cars, computers, telephones, cell phones, electricity, flashlights, the internet, fan fiction, online dating-” She paused to take a breath, enjoying the excitement shining in their eyes. “CD players, clocks, television, movie theatres, DVDs, politics, guns, world wars, the space program-and tons, tons more where that came from.”
 
“Wow . . .” Caterpie's eyes sparkled in awe at the long list of foreign devices she spoke of, before confusion settled on his face and he tentatively asked, “Um, what's a “space program?” ”
 
“And a “car?” ”
 
“Those words are all funny-sounding,” the worm added.
 
Kitty smiled at their curiosity and relented, letting herself feel better as she explained to the children things she couldn't experience anymore. “Well, a car is like a giant metal shell with wheels, and . . .”
 
 
.
 
 
Theme: Online
 
Lots of dragon-y love (and cookies!),
~DL (“Dragon Lover”)