Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Heroes ❯ The Adventure Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Authors Note: Okay, I know the whole "New character starting his/her own adventure" thing has been used again, and again and again. So its up to be to break that up. Sadly, I'm not going to do so. Also, the Pokemon that appear in this story, are only the 251 Pokemon that appeared up to the Johto league will appear, seeing that I don't know the Pokemon afterward.

Newly added Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon, or anything else I may happen to mention.

The bright, full moon shone on the quiet city of Pallet town. However, there was still one house abuzz with excitement, as a young 9 year old girl bounced on the bed of a familliar home. "Kammy, calm down" A well know voice said. The woman the voice came from had bright red hair, and blue eyes. "But mom, I'm just so excited! Traveling on our own, going on adventures-"
"Traveling on our own? Who else are you talking about?"
"Jesse!" Kammy said with a smile "He wants to be the greatest water Poke'mon trainer the world has ever seen! I figure I can help him get there" Misty smiled "Well, he has to go through me first. But for right now, go to bed. I don't want you to be late like your father was. You still have to be back for your birthday party".
Kammy sighed and lied down on the bed "Alright, goodnight mom".
"Goodnight, Kammy".

The moon disappeared, and was replaced by the even brighter sun. Outside the house, stood Kammy, the now 10 year old girl Kammy, with pink pigtails, a blue jaket and jeans, and a backwards cap placed on her head. Although she didn't know it, she was bound for adventure, peril, and friendship. "You look exactly like you're father" Misty said. "Where is dad, any way"
"He couldn't make it" Kammy pouted "Why not"
"He said he had a bigger surprise for you, one day". The smile returned to Kammy's face "Well, if its something big, then I know it'll make up for not being here".
"Now hurry. You have to go get your Pokemon from Tracey". Kammy gave a nod, and ran to what was formerly Professor Oak's lab. She pounded on the door, "Professor Sketchit, I'm here for my Pokemon!". The door cracked open, and a tall man, with short black hair, a green shirt, and blue shorts answered the door. "Oh hello Kammy. You're mom told me you would be on your way here".
"Yeah! And I'm ready for my Pokemon!" Tracey sighed "Well, sadly, there's only one Pokemon left, and thats Charmander".
"Awwww, I wanted Bulbasuar. But I'll take it". Tracey walked in back, while Kammy waited in the waiting room. When he came back, he held a Pokeball, and handed it to Kammy. "Go ahead, take a good look at your new Pokemon".
"Come on out, Charmander!" The Pokeball opened, and a red lizard with a flaming tail popped out.
"I'll call it Flare! Flare, I'm your new trainer now, okay?"
"Char, char!" The Pokemon replied happily. "Now I think its time you and Flare returned home" Tracey told her "Its almost time for your birthday party".
"Okay, return Flare!" A red light shot out of the Pokeball, engulfed the lizard, and pulled it back into its Pokeball. "Thanks again, Professor Sketchit!" She yelled as she ran home.

Back at home, out in front of the house, tons of people were gathered, and a large banner was streched across the roof. "Welcome back, Kammy!" Misty yelled. "So tell us, what Pokemon did you get?" She sighed, and said "There was only one left, and it was Charmander. Yet, even without the Pokemon I wanted, I will continue on, and become the greatest Pokemon trainer ever!" Everyone at the party smiled. "Thats good, but for right now, lets eat the cake".
"But mom, where's Jesse?" Misty began to say something, but then someone's voice yelled out "Kammy!" She turned around, to find a short, blue eyed boy, with short blue hair, a fisherman's hat on his head, a bright yellow shirt, and blue overalls. He ran up to Kammy, entirley out of breath. A few moments later, he said "Kammy, I have bad news".
"What is it, Jesse?" Kammy asked, shocked. "I don't think I'm going to be able to go on this adventure with you".
"Why not?" Kammy asked, saddened. "Well, I went to Proffesor Sketchit's house, to get a Squirtle. But it was gone. And I've been fishing all day, but without bait, I can catch one". Kammy was ready to cry, but Misty smiled and said "I can see you have the makings of a great water Pokemon trainer. And I know that Kammy would be heartbroken if her boyfriend wasn't there with her" Misty said with a sly smile. Kammy yelled, and Jesse blushed. Misty reached for one of her Pokeballs. "Take this Pokemon. I hope it serves you as well as it did me. Go ahead, see what Pokemon is inside". Jesse gently threw the Pokeball, and out jumped a brown, starfish-like Pokemon appeared, with a red gem in the middle. "Wow" Jesse said, awestruck "A Staryu".
"You should nickname it!" Kammy said excitedly, but Jesse shook his head "No. I want to respect that fact that Misty, one of the greatest water Pokemon trainers of all time gave it to me. Just remember, I will be back to challenge you one day!"
"I look forward to it" Misty said with a smile.

After the party was said and done, and the group of people had gone home, Misty, Jesse, and Kammy stood outside. The sun was begining to set, and it was about time for their adventure to begin. Misty gave Kammy a red backpack "This was the same backpack I used in my adventure days. I want you to have it". Misty then turned to Jesse "Take care of Staryu. Its definatley powerful. It should aid you in catching that Kingler you wanted".
"Why Kingler?" Kammy asked. "'Cuz Kingler is my favorite Pokemon of all time! And of all the water Pokemon out there, I really want to catch a Kingler one day".
"Bye Mom!" Kammy said as they walked off, and the sun began to set.
"Lets go fishing!" Jesse said excitedly
"No!" Kammy yelled "I want to get started right away!". And although it didn't seem like it right now, she knew that they were going to have a great adventure together.