Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Heroes ❯ Capture ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Author's Note: If you haven't guessed by now who Kammy's father is, I'm not going to tell you. That aside, please enjoy the chapter.

Kammy and Jesse hadn't traveled very far, yet Kammy had gotten deep into Pokemon battles. She met another trainer, who, like her, had just started her Pokemon journey.

"Flare, I chose you!" Kammy yelled as she tossed her Pokeball. The same red lizard popped out. "Go Pidgey!" The opponent yelled out. From his Pokeball, a small, brown and white bird popped out. "Flare, use Scratch" The Charmander clawed furiously at the bird. The Pokemon stumbled, but remained on its feet. "Pidgey, fly into the air and use gust!" The bird did exactly that, and madly flapped its wings, causing the wind to pick up speed, and knock Flare on its back. "Flare, are you okay?" The red lizard jumped to its feet, proving that it could still battle. "Alright! Flare, try a ember attack!" Charmander shot a small burst of flames at the Pokemon. It hoped around madly, until it fainted onto the ground. "Good job, Flare!" Kammy yelled into the air. The other trainer, dissapointed, began to walk off, but Jesse stopped him. "Excuse me, but could you tell us where the nearest Pokemon center is?"
"Of course" The boy said "Its right up this road here". The boy sighed at his loss, and continued on, while Jesse stated "Its getting a bit dark. We should probably find a Pokemon Center to stay at".

But Kammy wasn't listening. Instead, she was busy trying to catch a Rattata. "Flare, scratch!" Again, the Charmander clawed at the small rat. The Pokemon dodged, but instead of attacking, ran away. "Darn it". Kammy said to herself. "You can catch the next one, but for right now, we have to go to the next town and find a Pokemon Center to stay over night". Kammy sighed, yet agreed, as the two continued onward. Little did they know, however, that they were being watched. "The daughter of one of our parents old enemies. And that Charmander of her's looks rather powerful". One female sounding voice said. "Yeah, I bet Mom and Dad would be thrilled if we took it".

Kammy and Jesse eventually arrived at the next town. On the outskirts stood a large sign that said, 'Welcome to Viridian City!'. After locating the Pokemon Center, both Kammy and Jesse sat down on a couch in the waiting area. "Congradulations on your battle earlier today" Jesse told Kammy, who simply sighed and replied "Yeah, I'm glad that I won, but I really wish I had caught that Rattata". Jesse simply smiled and stated "Its okay. There will be plenty of other Pokemon to catch, all of them I'm sure you'll raise to be excellent Pokemon". Kammy gave a small smile. "Now, I'm going to get us some blankets. You should probably call your mom". Kammy did just that, walking over to the telephones. On the video screen appeared Misty, who grinned at the sight of her daughter. "Hi Kammy, how are you doing? Did you catch anything yet?"
"No. I tried to catch a Rattata, but it ran away".
"I'm sorry. But I'm sure you'll catch something even better".
"Has dad gotten back yet?"
"No, I'm afraid. I haven't gotten word from him at all, either. But I'm sure he should be home soon".
Kammy hung up the phone, just as Jesse approached her. "Well, I have the blankets, we should probably get some rest". Kammy nodded, and they both lied down on the couches in the waiting room, as the night passed by.

The next day was not as bright as the previous one, as gray clouds blocked its rays. Jesse advised Kammy that they shouldn't leave, becuase it might rain. But Kammy, anxious as ever, decided to continue on, rain or shine. They left the Pokemon center, headed to the Viridian Gym.

"Nobody's here!" Kammy yelled in frustration. "Don't worry about it. We can head to the next one, and come back to this one later". Kammy sighed sadly, until she spotted a female Nidoran. "Cool! Go Flare! Ember!" The Charmander popped out of its Pokeball, and shot another small flame at the small purple Pokemon. The Nidoran attempted to bite back, but Flare dodged. "Now Flare, attack with Scratch!" The Charmander scratched at his oppenent, which dodged, and countered with a bite of its own. Charmander scratched it again, knocking it out. "Pokeball, go!" Kammy yelled as she threw the Pokeball at it. The Pokeball connected, and caught the Pokemon in a red beam of light. The Pokeball wiggled, and eventually stopped. Kammy picked it up and yelled "I caught my first Pokemon!"

"Thats nice, now hand it over, and that Charmander as well". A voice said. Out of a nearby bush walked two young children, one was a female, with short, red hair, and red eyes. The other had short, purple hair, with blue eyes. They both wore a white costume, with a lower-case, badly drawn, red 'r' in the middle. "Why should I?" Kammy yelled back. "Becuase we told you to! I am Allison" The female said. "And I'm Jimmy!" The male finished. "And we are the unoffical offical Jr. Team Rocket! Children of Jessie and James, the greatest Team Rocket operatives of all time!" Kammy stared with a blank expression on her face. "Well that was pointless!" Jesse yelled. "It was not pointless! And I'll show you! Pokeball, go!" Out of the Pokeball popped a small, blue turtle "Squirtale!" The Pokemon yelled. "You!" Jesse yelled "You took the Squirtle!"
"Not just took, stole the Squirtle!". Jesse, at this point, was fuming with rage. "Not only did you steal a Pokemon from Professer Sketchit, you stole a water Pokemon, and almost stopped me from going on my adventure! Prepare to battle! Go, Staryu!" Jesse threw his Pokeball, causing a brown starfish Pokemon to appear. "Staryu, water gun!" From the top tip of its body, the starfish shot a beam of water, aimed at Squirtle. "Not so fast! Go, Rattata!" A small purple rat appeared, and bit Staryu. "Staryu, are you okay?!" Jesse yelled. "Alright, I've had enough" Kammy yelled "Go, Mickey!" Out of the Pokeball appeared a purple, rabbit-like Pokemon. "Umm, are you sure Mickey's going to be okay? It just battle your Charmander". Kammy winked "It'll be fine".

"Not against my Pokemon it won't. Rattata, bite!" The Rattata attempted to bite the purple Pokemon, but a stream of water collided with its side. "Ha! Take that!" Jesse said with a smile. "Squirtle, tackle!" The turtle charged at Staryu, but Mickey countered with a tackle of its own. Rattata and Squirtle both lied on the floor, unconcious. "Yay! We won our first team battle! Wait until I tell mom!" Jr. Team Rocket returned their Pokemon, and both said "This isn't the last time you'll see us!" At that point, they both ran away. "Staryu, return".
"Mickey, return".
"Wow, we make a rather great team" Jesse said, beaming. "Yeah, but I want to get to the next city now! I'm ready to battle the gym leader!". An old man walked up to Kammy. Although he looked slightly scary, he spoke in a non-threatening tone "Why, you want to go to Pewter City?"
"Thats right sir".
"Well, you'll have to cut through Viridian Forest. But I must warn you, Brock is a tough trainer. None of your Pokemon will have any effect on his rock-hard Pokemon".
"Thank you sir" Kammy said smiling "But I'll find a way to beat him!".

As Kammy and Jesse walked off, the old man whispered to himself "Just like her father. But little does she know..."