Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Heroes ❯ A new friend... ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kammy and Jesse appeared in front of the Pewter Gym. “Are you sure you're ready to battle him again?” Jesse asked Kammy. “Most definitely” Kammy replied. “Stop!!!” A voice yelled. A short, orange haired girl ran up to them. His shirt was a bright orange color, with blue jean shorts, and red sneakers. “Who are you?” Jesse asked. “That's not important right now!” the girl yelled, “What is important, is that you don't go back in there yet!”
“Why not?” Kammy questioned. “Because your not ready. You are going to have to prepare all of your Pokemon to battle Brock, not just Charmander”
Jesse nodded “This is true. But what do you suppose we do with the other three?”
 
“Simple!” the girl said with a smile. “I'll battle you! We can have a three on three battle!” Kammy smiled, or rather, grinned at her proposition. “You're on! And may the best girl win!”
 
They walked to an empty, grassy field not too far from the gym. There was nothing for grass for several feet, and made it perfect for a practice battle. “This will be interesting!” Jesse said, waiting anxiously. Kammy yelled across the field to the girl “Before we battle, I want to know your name! I'm Kammy Ketchum!” Jesse smiled, and yelled to the girl “I'm Jesse Mizu!” The girl grinned back, and yelled, “My name is Samantha Keisei! Pleased to meet you! Now choose your first Pokemon”. Kammy found it slightly weird that Samantha wanted her to pick first, but there was nothing she could do about it. “Go, Mickey!” Kammy yelled, after throwing a Pokeball out into the field. After a bright flash, Mickey appeared. `A female Nidoran' Samantha thought `How interesting. I know exactly what to pick' “I choose you, Monster!” Samantha threw her Pokeball, and from the light popped a male Nidoran. It looked like a small rabbit, much like Mickey, except this one was a light pinkish color, and had a much longer horn. “Monster, use Horn Attack!”
 
Samantha didn't waste any time attacking. Monster charged at Mickey, horn pointed out in front of him. It was obvious what he was trying to do. “Mickey, dodge and use Bite!” Mickey jumped out of the way just in time, and bit Monster's small leg. “Amazing” Jesse said, impressed “Usually Nidoran don't move this fast…”
“Monster, use Poison Sting!” Before Mickey could move, she was hit by Monster's now glowing horn. Mickey was knocked down, but got back up. “Alright Mickey, try a scratch attack!” Mickey clawed at Monster, but Monster skillfully moved out of the way. Samantha grinned at Monster, who attempted another Poison Sting. This connected with Mickey, knocking it on its side. “Wow” Jesse said, watching the entire battle “I don't know how much more Mickey can take…”
 
Kammy, at a loss for tactics, decided to try something different. She pulled out her Pokedex, and looked up her Pokemon. `Interesting…' Kammy thought to herself `Maybe this will work'. She focused on the battle now, noticing that the two were quite a distance apart. It was this moment, when an idea formed “Okay Mickey, charge at him with a Tackle attack!” Mickey instantly jumped up to her feet, and charged at Monster. Samantha, however, smiled. “You'll have to do better than that. Dodge Monster!” Monster jumped out of the way, now behind Mickey. `Perfect' Kammy thought. “Now Mickey, use Double Kick!” Mickey jumped onto her front two feet, and then propelled her hind legs at Monster, instantly connecting. Monster was knocked down, and instantly knocked out. “Nicely done!” Samantha said, complementing Kammy. “Return Monster, you have done very well. Okay, now go, Aria!” Samantha launched another Pokeball onto the battlefield. Out of it, popped a small, owl-like Pokemon, with large, red eyes, standing on one leg. “A Hoothoot, how very interesting” Jesse commented “I wonder if Kammy's going to continue to use Mickey”
 
His question was soon answered. “Okay Mickey, lets go! Try a tackle attack!” Wasting no time, Mickey charged at Aria. “Okay Aria, use Hypnosis!” Aria's eyes began to glow, as they stared into Mickey's eyes. Mickey, who was still charging at Aria, began to slow down, until eventually collapsing to the ground, asleep. “Well, I guess that's the end of this round” Samantha said, smiling “Grr… Okay, go Bugs!” Kammy tossed another Pokeball, and out popped her Weedle, a bug like Pokemon with a large horn on its head. “Okay Bugs, lets try a Poison Sting attack!” The small worm charged at the owl like Pokemon, but it simply flew into the air. “Now Aria, use Peck!” The Hoothoot charged at Bugs, beak first, delivering a powerful peck to the side of the worm. “Okay, keep going Aria”
 
“There's no way Bugs can take much more of this. What was Kammy thinking, sending a bug Pokemon to fight a flying one?” Jesse wondered on the sidelines. “Okay Bugs, lets try a different plan,” Kammy yelled out to it. `I really hope this works' She thought to herself “Okay Bugs, use String Shot!” The worm fired a sting of web at the owl like Pokemon from its hind needle, but Aria dodged easily. “Its okay, Bugs! Keep trying!” Bugs did exactly that. Eventually, Bugs caught it with one lucky shot of web, wrapping Aria in a cocoon of web. “Now, finish with Poison Sting!” Bugs charged at Aria, stinger first, knocking on to its side. The Hoothoot attempted to get up, but failed. “I guess this round goes to Kammy”. Jesse said, smiling. “YES! We win! Nice job, Bugs!”
 
Kammy began speaking again “Now lets continue our-” BOOM! Before Kammy could finish, there was a loud explosion. Smoke covered the entire field. When the smoke cleared, Samantha spoke out loudly “Is everyone okay?”
“Yeah, I think so…” Kammy said, lifting herself up from the ground “How about you, Jesse?” She waited a moment as she lifted herself up, yet no answer. “Jesse?” She called out, this time somewhat worried. All she heard, was a very familiar laugh, that slowly faded off into the distance.