Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Some Say the World will End in Fire ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Evil! Manga! Lance! Yatta!
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Chapter 3
 
“Lance! Stop this!” Ash cried. Lance paid him no attention, and Ash desperately urged Swellow to fly faster, trying to get close enough in time to stop…
Solarbeam and three Hyper Beams slammed into Kyogre, sending her sinking beneath the waves. Lance gave a wordless sigh, and Groudon smiled, before all of a sudden, the Dragon Master's expression shifted, and his grip loosened. Aerodactyl panicked as his Master began to fall, and swooped down to try and catch him. At the same time, his two Dragonair nodded.
“Mm?” Ash asked, as Lance plummeted right past him. Luckily for the Dragon Master, he hit a Dragonair before he hit the water.
Hakuryuu curled around Lance protectively, as he looked at his sister, who had just spat out the Red Orb. Are you all right?
I think so. She shuddered.
That was foolish of you!
I know… I didn't think that Master… I mean… I never knew Master could be so powerful… to overcome the power of the orb inside me…
It is proof of your loyalty. Her brother said, as they swam back to Monsoon Island. Ash followed, feeling a bit let down.
He had been unable to help…
 
Kyogre yawned and returned to her slumber, satisfied that the battle was over as Groudon frowned. Something was wrong. The Blue Orb had not left its host. Ah well, it would probably vanish in a few moments. With that, he also settled down in his newly created cave, and let himself slumber…
 
Lance's body jerked, as if pulled by invisible threads, and Hakuryuu frowned. What was wrong with her Master? Shouldn't everything be over now? Was he still injured? She broke out of her musings when someone ran over.
“Lance! Are you all right?” Ash asked, unconsciously mirroring the words the older teen had used at Lake of Rage, months ago.
Lance's eyes opened, and Ash stepped back in shock. They weren't glowing red any more, which was probably a good sign, but almost-black had bled into bright gold, as Lance smiled, flashing teeth that had not been so white and sharp a few minutes ago. As a matter of fact, hadn't Lance's hair been pink? It was now dark red…
 
“I'm fine…” The Dragon Master purred, as he held his hands out in front of his chest. The blue orb materialized so easily, and Hakuryuu sighed in relief. Everything would be all right now…
Of course, they had conveniently forgotten about the Team Magma and Team Aqua grunts, not to mention Team Rocket, who had watched most of that climatic battle and did not seem … satisfied with the result.
Pity.
 
As Ash stepped closer to Lance, trying to reassure him - or seeking reassurance, he wasn't sure what, Lance's eyes glinted with the barest hint of blue - blue? As he laughed, and it was the same chilling sound he had made while possessed. The blue orb flew into the air, joined the red orb, and both shattered.
 
“No you fool!” Maxie shouted. “You've ruined our plans!”
“You have seen what their power can do… it would destroy the world… would you really wish to dominate such a ruined earth?” Lance asked, too innocently.
Maxie hesitated, but Archie did not. Snarling, he strode forwards, releasing Walrein and Mightyena and Sharpedo, confident that they could take care of this overconfident trainer…
Hakuryuu lifted her head, blasting them backwards with Hyper Beam before they got too close. Mightyena went flying into Archie and both of them into a stone pillar.
Ash's friends ran up, and she allowed them their approach. There would be time to kill them later, slice them with her fins or strangle them, if they proved troublesome.
 
“Are you all right now?” Brock asked respectfully.
Lance inclined his head the barest fraction, flashed a smile that showed off his fangs. “I'm fine… in fact, I have never been better.”
“I'm glad.” Ash said, throwing his arms around Lance's waist in a hug. Lance smirked inwardly, allowing Ash to approach him while he shot a calculated glare at May, who quailed in fear. Ash was such a pretty child, and such a naïve little child.
At least he hadn't gotten seriously hurt in the battle, though it was no place for a child. He would have to … take steps in the future.
 
Team Magma wisely retreated. There was not much else they could do now. Kyogre and Groudon had both survived and fled, the earth was relatively unscathed even though the island now boasted some intriguing new lava formations, and as for Team Aqua… well, they were a bit more stubborn.
He recognized Shelly, and almost laughed as she released a trio of Walrein. Did she really think those were enough?
Hail began to fall, but a moment later, it vanished under the presence of Sunny Day, even as his twin Hakuryuu reached inside for their power to control weather, and Gyarados and Aerodactyl followed, Fire Blast….
Foolish!
 
“Shouldn't we get off this Island?” Brock said after a moment.
Lance nodded, though there was still something unfathomable in his eyes, and Brock nodded. Something was definitely wrong, and he didn't have to be a breeder to know it. The physical changes were the most obvious, but even his style of speech had altered, his voice becoming more cold, and elegant.
“Gyarados can only carry three passengers… Ash, why don't you ride with me on Hakuryuu? Ptera won't be able to carry us.”
“All right.” Ash said eagerly, as Lance recalled his female Dragonair and Aerodactyl. They both climbed on the other Dragonair, while Brock, May, and Max rode Gyarados. “What was your next destination?”
“Mossdeep City.”
“Very well. Hakuryuu, you heard, hai? It should not take us very long to get there. Gyarados, just follow us.”
Gyarados nodded in acknowledgement of his orders, and they sped off. As they rode along, Ash began to feel something odd… he didn't know why, but Lance's arms around his waist were quite comforting, even though Lance was acting a bit different.
It was probably just his imagination. After all, the Blue Orb was already gone, right? But even so… as he turned around to look at Lance, he felt his cheeks tinting red.
That was when Lance kissed him, and he quit thinking.
 
End Chapter
Completed 8/21/06
… Yes, it's not quite Anime! Lance anymore. *Smirky smile* I tend to think of Manga! Lance as Anime! Lance's dark side, just waiting for him to slip… and when he slips, it's going to be a long, uphill battle to get his body back! And Manga! Lance probably doesn't have any qualms about molesting Ash, plus he speaks more Japanese.