Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 6: On The Run Part 2 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: On The Run Part 2
 
A/N: Sorry for the delay on this chapter, I was on vacation for a week in the Southern USA.
 
(Continuing from part 1)
 
Delia: (To Ash) What are you guys going to do today?
 
Ash: We're going to show Duplica around Pallet Town and visit Professor Oak. I am ready to return the newly evolved Bayleef that I was training to Professor Oak.
 
Delia: That was nice of you to train the Chikorita, and you got it to evolve already.
 
Misty: Ash's own Bayleef is probably trampling down Professor Oak as we speak. (Chuckles)
 
Brock: (Finishing up his food) I'm done. Is everyone else ready to go?
 
Duplica: Yeah, I'm ready. Come on Ash, let's go by Professor Oak's lab.
 
Misty: (To Delia) Thanks for breakfast. It was delicious.
 
Delia: You're welcome. You guys have fun, and I'll see you later. (Ash, Misty, Brock, and Duplica walk out of the house)
 
After a short walk, the four arrive at Professor Oak's lab. He seems to be in a better mood this morning as his greeting indicates.
 
Prof. Oak: Morning! How are all you today?
 
Misty: We're fine, Professor. Can you give us a tour of your lab and the grounds. Duplica has never been over here before.
 
Duplica: Nice to meet you. (Shakes his hand)
 
Prof. Oak: Likewise. (Scratches his chin) You're name sounds familiar, but I can't place where I've heard it.
 
Duplica: (Sighs) I'm sure you heard on the news about another bombing. My Imite House was destroyed. The police think it was Team Rocket, and so do I.
 
Prof. Oak: (Angry) That Team Rocket! Get's me mad! They hurt my security Pokemon and totally ruined my lab. And what they did to the town... just terrible.
 
Ash: They should pay for what they did to Pallet Town!
 
Prof. Oak: Indeed. How are the Pokedex's working out?
 
Brock: They're very handy. Thanks again, professor.
 
Prof. Oak: Great! Follow me.
 
Professor Oak gives them a tour of the rebuilt lab and the grounds around it. Back in the lab...
 
Ash: (Handing Prof. Oak a Pokeball) Here is the Bayleef that I was training, can you return it to its owner, if he's recovered, that is.
 
Prof. Oak: Sure, no problem. (Takes the Pokeball) Thanks for taking care of the Bayleef.
 
Ash: No problem. Speaking of Bayleef's... (Ash's Bayleef comes charging in the room, and runs toward him) Nice to see you, Bayleef! (Bayleef jumps on Ash and starts to lick his face) Stop that!
 
Misty: (Laughing) I guess we know at least one other Pokemon besides Pikachu that will be coming with Ash. (Bayleef sits on the floor)
 
Duplica: Yeah. Ash, can you tell me what Pokemon you have?
 
Ash: Sure. (Pointing to the Pokeballs on his belt) Besides Pikachu, I have Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Noctowl, and Bulbasaur, who was nice enough to join me again after that conflict by the lab here.
 
Duplica: Any others?
 
Ash: I have a herd of Tauros here, a Kingler, Snorlax, and a Muk.
 
Duplica: (Turns to Misty) What about you, Misty?
 
Misty: Well, I have Togepi, Poliwhirl, Corsola, Psyduck, Starmie, and Horsea... (Makes peace sign)... who's the cutest of them all.
 
Duplica: Sounds good. Brock?
 
Brock: I have a Pineco, Crobat, Onix, and a Graveler.
 
Duplica: Sounds good. Looks like we got a nice mix of Pokemon here.
 
Prof. Oak: (Interrupting) I don't mean to pry, but are you guys going on a journey or something?
 
A hushed silence grips the lab as the four trainers go silent, not knowing what to say to Prof. Oak.
 
Ash: Uhhh... maybe.
 
Misty: Professor, we are, but we have to ask a favor before I say anything more.
 
Prof. Oak: (Curious) What is it?
 
Misty: If we tell you what we're about to do, you have to keep it a secret.
 
Brock: That's right.
 
Prof. Oak: (Resigned) Fine. Tell me, what are you guys going to do.
 
Ash: (Full of energy) We're going after Team Rocket! We're going to track them down and bring them for what they've done! They've gone too far!
 
Pikachu starts sparking his cheeks in response to Ash's comments, indicating agreement with him.
 
Pikachu: (Angry) PIKA!
 
Duplica: Ash is totally right. They have gone too far and must be stopped...
 
Brock: (Loudly) By any means neccesary!
 
Misty: All four of us have been really hurt by them, and they've hurt innocent people. That's why we're going to get 'em!
 
Prof. Oak: (Shocked) I don't know what to say. I'm not encouraging violence here, but they do need to be brought in. You four are totally right, they have gone too far. Why do you want me to keep this a secret?
 
Ash: (Hesitates) First, I don't wan't to worry my mom, Misty's sisters, or Brock's dad. If people think I am continuing my journey in the Johto league, Team Rocket will think the same and let their guard down. I bet they think we are going to sumbit and not go after them. We don't need our families holdin' us back.
 
Misty: Everybody except for Ash has the Pokemon they need for the journey ahead. Ash has decide if he is going to switch any of his Pokemon before we go.
 
Prof. Oak: I won't say anything, but be careful out there! Now, Ash, do you want to switch out any Pokemon?
 
Ash: (Thinking) Hmm... I don't know. Can you give me a few minutes?
 
Prof. Oak: Sure. I'll be back in a few. (Walks out of the room)
 
Misty: (Sits down next to Ash, who is sitting on a couch) Ash, do you really think we should have told him?
 
Ash: (Putting his arm around Misty) Yeah. I think we can trust him. Besides, he has been a big help with this new equipment he gave us.
 
Duplica: (Sitting down next to Brock, who is on the other couch in the room, which is facing Ash and Misty) Ash, do you think you could get me one of the Pokedex's you guys have? If he has a spare, of course... since we're all part of the same team now.
 
Brock: (Turns to look at Duplica, puts his hand on hers) I'll make sure that you get one, Duplica. Leave it to me!
 
Ash and Misty look at Brock, surprised to see him acting this way.
 
Misty: (Evil grin) So... Brock, I guess I won't have to pull your ear anymore... right?
 
Brock: (Gets angry) Misty! (Duplica looks at Brock curiously, he speaks, trying to explain what Misty meant) Well, Duplica, see... Misty used to...
 
Misty: Keep him out of trouble with the ladies. Relax, Brock, I was just kidding. (Smiling) It's nice to see you focusing your attention on one girl- not seven at once.
 
Brock almost makes a comment in response to that, but refrains.
 
Duplica: (Looks Brock in the eye) It's ok, Brock. They told me how you used to be, but now I see that you have stopped hittin' on every girl in sight. The past doesn't bother me at all. (Gives Brock a hug, he goes beet red)
 
Misty: Aww... how nice. Brock did manage to get the girl for once. (Makes a peace sign) Now we have two couples working together! Look out Team Rocket!
 
Ash: Misty, don't embarrass Brock! (Squeezes her hand) Anyway, I've decided what Pokemon I am gonna take with, but I have to make sure that all of them want to go... (Grabs one of his pokeballs and throws it, Bulbasaur comes out) Bulbasaur, did you want to stay here again or go with us?
 
Bulbasaur: Bulba!
 
Ash: Pikachu, what did Bulbasaur say? (Pikachu responds, and Ash is able to figure out that Bulbasaur wants to stay). That's ok, no problem. I know you really like it here.
 
Bulbasaur: (Happily) Bulba!
 
Misty: Ash, what Pokemon are you going to take with to replace Bulbasaur?
 
Ash: (Remembering another Pokemon that he had and forgot to mention) Duplica, I do have one more Pokemon, Charizard, but he is the Valley of the Charizard, and was enlisted in Johto's new air patrol unit. I guess they're increasing security everywhere.
 
Brock: Who's going to go on your team in the last slot? Which one do you think would be the most useful?
 
Ash: Well... I'm leaning toward Muk. He could be useful, and I haven't used him in a while.
 
Misty: Good idea, Ash. (Prof. Oak walks back in the room)
 
Prof. Oak: Well, Ash, have you decided what Pokemon you are going to take with you?
 
Ash: Professor, Bulbasaur is going to remain here again, so I want to take Muk with me.
 
Prof. Oak: Sounds good. (Turning to Bulbasaur) Nice to have you back, Bulbasaur.
 
Bulbasaur: (Happily) Bul-Bulbasaur!
 
Prof. Oak: You guys come with me, and we'll get Muk.
 
Misty: Professor, where's Tracy at?
 
Prof. Oak: He's in town, picking up some stuff for the lab and some lunch. He'll be back later. Did you four want to stay for lunch?
 
Ash: (Excitedly) Sure!
 
Misty: (Elbowing Ash) Never can pass up the free food, huh, Ash?
 
Ash: (Agitated) Misty! I'm gonna get you for that!
 
Prof. Oak: (Chuckles) Come on Brock, Duplica, let's go and get Ash's Muk while these two "solve" their differences.
 
Prof. Oak, Brock, and Duplica leave the room, walking to Prof. Oak's pokeball storage center. Bulbasaur heads out a different door, and out into the garden. Bayleef, sensing an arguement about to happen, leaves with the Professor, Brock, and Duplica.
 
Ash: (Loudly) I wouldn't be talking about "chowing down" if I were you. You're the dessert queen, I seen the way you eat desserts, like the time we got the free ice cream because you had a Psyduck- I think that was when we ran into Butch and Cassidy for the first time.
 
Misty: (Remembers the time Ash was talking about) (Yelling back defiantly) I love my desserts Ash, especially ice cream. (Puts her hand on her stomach) I got a high metabolism and need to eat. What's your excuse?
 
Ash: (Thinking for a second) Well... I need to eat a lot... to have energy for all of the Pokemon training that I do! (looks Misty right in the eye) I need energy for all of the adventures that we have, and to keep up with my high energy girlfriend. (Misty's look changes from one of anger to happiness, she then puts out her arms and draws him closer)
 
Misty: (Talking softly) High energy? I guess you're right. I gotta have energy, otherwise, how can I become the best water Pokemon trainer in the world?
 
Ash: That's right... you will be the best... and I will be there for you every step of the way (Gives Misty a kiss on the cheek)
 
Misty: (Turning red) Ash... thank you. I will always be there for you, too. (Embraces Ash and continues to hold him close)
 
Prof. Oak, Brock, and Duplica walk back in the room, Prof. Oak holding the pokeball with Muk in it.
 
Duplica: Aww...
 
Brock: I guess they "solved" their differences.
 
Prof. Oak: (Clears his throat) Ahem. Your Muk is, ready, Ash. (Bayleef runs up to Ash)
 
Misty and Ash break their embrace. Ash gets the pokeball from Prof. Oak who then leads them to the kitchen. Tracy arrives from town a few minutes later and then Brock helps Tracy and Professor Oak make up the sandwiches for lunch.
 
After some conversation and a wonderful meal, the group says goodbye to Tracy, Professor Oak, and Bulbasaur and heads into Pallet Town.
 
Misty: How about some shopping? (Ash and Brock have sweatdrops)
 
Duplica: Sounds good, Misty. What do you want to do, Brock?
 
Brock: (Hesistantly) Well... (Thinks of a quick excuse to escape a shopping trip) Ash and I were going to pick up more supplies for our trip, since we're probably going to leave tomorrow for Cinnabar.
 
Ash: Yeah, we've got to be ready for anything.
 
Misty: Well, how about you two go get what we need for our trip, and we'll meet back at Ash's place? Duplica and I want to do some shopping.
 
Ash: Sounds good. (Thinking to himself) That was close. (Out loud) Come on, Brock. (Ash and Brock walk down the street to a Pokemon trainer store)
 
Duplica: Misty, where do you want to start?
 
Misty: Why don't we start at the clothing store? That's where Ash and I got our new outfits at.
 
Duplica: Great, let's go!
 
Misty and Duplica go down the street and into the clothing store. A little while later, Misty has finished shopping, she is picking up a few more pairs of blue jeans. Duplica is still looking at few things.
 
Duplica: (Holding up a shirt) What do you think of this one? I think it would be perfect, especially since it has the Ditto on it.
 
Misty: Looks fine to me, why don't you go try it on? (Duplica goes to the changing room and returns shortly wearing the shirt in question)
 
Duplica: What do you think? (Duplica is wearing a black shirt with a Ditto on the front and the words "Ditto Master" on the back)
 
Misty: You look cool. The color black seems to be popular right now, it works for me, and I think it looks good on you. The Ditto Master thing is perfect for you. I bet Brock will like it.
 
Duplica: (Slightly blushing) Really? I hope so. (Noticing the ring on Misty's hand) Misty, where did you get that ring? I didn't notice it before.
 
Misty: There's a little story behind that. Why don't you pick up that shirt, and I'll tell you on the way back to the house.
 
Duplica: Sounds good.
 
Duplica changes, purchases the shirt, and then Duplica and Misty walk back to the Ketchum residence. On the road back to the house...
 
Misty: (Talking to Duplica) I actually got the ring as a birthday present...from Ash. It says "Ash and Misty Forever" on it.
 
Duplica: How romantic!
 
Misty: I got one for Ash as a present. Brock set us both up for this, so Ash and I didn't know we were buying the same present.
 
Duplica: That was Brock's idea? I had no idea. (Thinking to herself) What a guy!
 
Misty: Yep. Good ol' Brock did that, and then gave us gift certificates for that store that we just visited. That's where we got our new outfits from. Brock's a really nice guy...(Lowers her voice and elbows Duplica) So, how are you and Brock doing? It looks like you two are an item.
 
Duplica: (Flushed) Well... we talked yesterday for a bit, and we talked about our feelings...
 
Misty: What did he say? I don't mean to be a snoop here, but this is girl talk. I won't say a word to anyone else. I promise.
 
Duplica: Well... since you promised not to tell anyone else. I asked him if he loved me last night...
 
Misty: (Curious) What did he say?
 
Duplica: He said that he loved me and I said that I loved him... I was going to kiss him... (Hesitates)
 
Misty: Wow. You two moved into this relationship real quick. It must have been love at first sight. Ash and I had feelings of some sort for each for three years prior to this. Well, what happened next?
 
Duplica: I went to kiss him... (Excruciatingly long pause) and then we both fell on the floor. (Misty falls over)
 
Misty: (Remembering) So, that's what the noise was...
 
Duplica: (Sighs) The chairs fell over. I fell on top of Brock. Brock and I made a cover story, because we were afraid of what would have happened if someone seen us in that position. I didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression...
 
Misty: Hey, don't worry about it! I would have believed you. As for Ash's mom... well, you might have been out of there real quick.
 
Duplica: (Chuckles) I think you're right. I guess we were lucky.
 
Misty: Yep. Don't worry about it, no one else was awake at that time anyway. Let's go see what the guys are up to. I promise not to mention this to anyone else.
 
Duplica: (Relieved) Thanks! It was nice to talk to another woman about this, instead of keeping my thoughts to myself.
 
Misty: No problem.
 
Misty and Duplica walk into the house, where Ash and Brock are waiting.
 
At the Ketchum residence...
 
Brock: (Talking to Duplica and Misty) You're just in time! Dinner is served. Come in and sit down.
 
Duplica and Misty follow Brock to the kitchen, where Ash and his mother are eating Brock's home-cooked meal (Beef stew and bread/butter). All three sit down at the table.
 
Duplica: (Tasting the stew) This is delicious! You made this from scratch?
 
Brock: Yep. Now you know why Ash and Misty can never get rid of me.
 
Ash & Misty: (In unison) That's right.
 
Delia: What are you guys going to do tomorrow?
 
Ash: Mom, we're going to go to the Cinnabar Island area. Duplica knows someone that can give us a lift over there for free. We'll let you know when we get there, promise.
 
Delia: Sounds fine, honey.
 
Everyone finishes eating dinner and helps to clean up the dirty dishes. Later that evening upstairs in Ash's room- Brock, Duplica, Ash, and Misty discuss what to do when they get to Cinnabar...
 
Ash: I say we go and talk to Blaine and see if he's heard or seen anything unusual. I'm sure he could find out for us, since he's the gym leader.
 
Misty: Great idea, Ash. Brock, you said you know one of the officers from the Cerulean Police Department. You hear anything more from him?
 
Brock: Well, I talked to him after dinner, in case you're wondering who I was talking to. No new information. They are checkin' out a lead, though. A police boat seen an unmarked boat zip off from a nearby dock around the time of the bombing. I'll call him back when we get there tommorrow.
 
Duplica: I hope that friend of yours can help us out. Team Rocket seems to be really clever, hard to believe its the same group as the one I met three years ago- when I met you guys for the first time.
 
Misty: I know what you mean, they've actually gotten good at something...
 
Ash: (Putting his arm around Misty) Don't worry, Misty. We're still smarter than they are. We'll find 'em. (Looks at Misty) Remember, I promised to help you out after Cerulean was bombed. You did the same for me. I promise you, we'll find them.
 
Misty: (Pulls Ash close and holds him in a hug) Thank you, Ash. (Ash turns red)
 
Brock: Ash's idea is a good one, we'll talk to Blaine and see what happens from there. We'll find Team Rocket. (Puts his arm around Duplica) I made you a promise, too.
 
Duplica: (Snuggles closer to Brock) Yes, you did. (Gives Brock a kiss on his cheek) Thank you. (Brock also turns red)
 
Ash: All right then. Let's get some sleep, then we'll head out first thing in the morning, ok?
 
Duplica: (Standing up) Sounds good, Ash. Good night Ash, Misty. (Turns toward Brock and winks) Good night, Brock.
 
Brock: Uhh... good night Duplica. (Duplica walks downstairs and goes to sleep)
 
Misty: I better turn in as well. We'll be up bright and early tommorrow, so don't over sleep, Ash. Otherwise, Pikachu may have to give you a "wake up call" (Laughs)
 
Ash: Misty! If... you weren't so cute, I would have to get you for that remark.
 
Misty: That's right! I'm cute, smart, and talented too! (Makes a peace sign)
 
Ash: (Puts his hand on her shoulder) You forgot loving and compassionate. That and more is why I love you, Misty.
 
Misty: (Blushing) Thank you... (Hugs Ash)
 
Brock: I hate to break up this special moment, but we gotta get some sleep.
 
Misty: (Getting up) Brock's right. Good night, Ash. Good night, Brock.(Misty walks downstairs and goes right to sleep)
 
Brock: (Touching his cheek) Wow! That's the first time that's happened... I guess Duplica really cares for me.
 
Ash: Looks like it. I'm happy you found the one for you, now Misty won't have to drag you off anymore, leave more time for us... (Brock throws a pillow at Ash)
 
Brock: What was that, Mr. Ketchum? (Grabs another pillow)
 
A brief pillow fight ensues, after which the two go to sleep, fearing Misty's wrath in the morning.
 
The next morning, the group of four head over to the docks after breakfast and saying goodbye to Delia. Soon they are on a boat which is heading to Cinnabar. Meanwhile... Team Rocket is up to no good.
 
Jessie: (Holding a piece of paper) We just got a fax! And it's from the boss! We're going to set up for this bombing now.
 
James: Good. I was getting bored waiting here, anyway.
 
Meowth: What's on the other piece of paper in your other hand, Jessie?
 
Jessie: This has our new passcodes on it! (Passes the paper to James) Look at it and memorize your code... Meowth, too. Then we gotta shred that paper.
 
Meowth: (Looking at the paper in James's hand) According to this, we've been promoted to 8th circle access from 9th circle access. I guess we're starting to be a little more important in the organization now.
 
Jessie: It's about time they gave us more than basic access!
 
James: Let's go and get these bombs set up. Remember, we've got to be invisible.
 
Team Rocket leaves the base that they were staying in and goes out to start setting up their next evil plan. Later that day on Cinnabar Island, Ash, Misty, Brock, and Duplica head over to the gym to see Blaine. On Cinnabar Island...
 
Duplica: I've heard of this gym leader, but I've never met him. I haven't got around like you three have. Brock, did you call that friend of yours?
 
Brock: Oh, yeah, I totally forgot to do that. Excuse me. (Walks away from the group and makes a phone call)
 
Misty: I hope Blaine got his gym fixed by now. The last time we were here, it was nearly destroyed. I remember where the entrance was... over there! (Points at a hot springs area) Togepi found it by accident, remember?
 
Ash: Yeah, I remember. (Brock walks back over to the group)
 
Brock: I got some new info, guys. My friend says that the boat which sped off was not registered anywhere, and could have possibly been Team Rocket. The bombs that were used at the Imite House were time-delayed ones, so it makes sense about this boat leaving exactly as the bombs went off. He said it was heading towards the Orange Islands, and that's the last time it was seen. They're searching for it now.
 
Duplica: Great! Our first lead!
 
Misty: We should still search for clues here, since we came all of this way.
 
Ash: Let's get over to the gym, talk to Blaine, see what we can find out, and hightail it over to the Orange Islands.
 
Brock: Right.
 
Pikachu: Pika!
 
Ash: That's right, Pikachu. You remember our battle here. Let's go!
 
The group of four run up the road and go into the cave, down the stairs, and into the gym.
 
Misty: Anyone here?
 
Blaine: Can I help you?
 
Ash: Blaine, my name is Ash Ketchum. I battled you for a Volcano badge like 2 1/2 years ago. My friends and I are here because we heard that Team Rocket was here almost a week ago, and we're looking for clues.
 
Blaine: Oh yeah, I remember you. Your Charizard beat my Magmar, right?
 
Ash: Yeah.
 
Blaine: I haven't seen or heard anything suspicious. If you want, I can show you around the island and we can see if we find anything. No one has stopped by today, so I can close the gym for a little while. (Motioning to another door on the other side of the gym) Follow me. (Walks toward the door)
 
Misty: Come on, guys. Let's go. After all, who would know the island better than him, anyway?
 
Brock: True. Come on, Duplica. (Puts his hand in hers)
 
Pikachu runs in front of them and follows Blaine out of the door. Ash, Misty, Brock, and Duplica follow close behind. After a couple hours and a ton of walking and asking questions, no information on Team Rocket has been found.
 
Blaine: One last place to go, its very isolated and I doubt if more than a handful of people even know how to get to it safely. We still got to check out all possibilities...
 
Duplica: Right.
 
Misty: Might as well check it out, then we'll have seen the entire island.
 
After a short but dangerous walk and climb, the group of five searchers end up on a small, isolated, rocky beach on a point of the island. There is a small fire pit, and looks like someone was camping there.
 
Blaine: Looks like someone was here. What's this? (Picks up a piece of singed paper- part of it is still readable) Looks like a technical diagram for a bomb.
 
Misty: They were here! That must be what they used to build those bombs.
 
Ash: That's the only thing I see, no other evidence around here.
 
Duplica: Well, at least we know that we can trust our connection. Let's get back to the port, so we can get over to the Orange Islands and see if that report was true.
 
Blaine: You have a lead on those evil ruffians? Good for you. I hope that you can help bring those people to justice. It was terrible what they did. Destroying those gyms... just think about the trainers who come from all over just to battle in them. That's a real shame. Misty, are your sisters still running the Cerulean gym?
 
Misty: Yes, they're still there running the shows and the battle for the Cascade Badge.
 
Brock: My dad is running the Pewter City gym now, now that's he's returned.
 
Blaine: That's great, so you guys can keep traveling together. Last I heard; you were in Johto trying to get all of the badges there, Ash.
 
Ash: That's right, but the bombings changed all of that...
 
Duplica: (Sighs) I guess that's the story for all of us here...
 
Blaine: I'm sorry, I didn't get your name.
 
Duplica: My name is Duplica. I ran the Imite House near Cerulean City before Team Rocket destroyed it.
 
Blaine: Team Rocket is really getting bold these days... I know you guys want to head out, but I would really like to have a battle with some one today. Duplica, what Pokemon do you have?
 
Duplica: (Excitedly) I have two Dittos, actually. One of them is a mini-Ditto.
 
Blaine: I haven't had to face a Ditto in a long time, and I have to see this Mini-Ditto. Will you battle me?
 
Duplica: Sure!
 
Blaine: Great! All of you follow me, and we'll go back to the gym.
 
The group climbs back out of the isolated area and heads back to the gym.
 
Ash and Misty are sitting in the stands that Blaine had recently installed, to watch and cheer on Duplica. Pikachu and Togepi are also sitting down, waiting for the match to begin. Brock is talking to Duplica, who is on the bottom half of the playing field.
 
Brock: You sounded so excited when he asked you to battle, I'm just curious why.
 
Duplica: Most of the battles that I've done were for fun, I haven't done much battling for real, and I never went on a journey to collect badges or had the chance to battle against gym leaders like you three did. I think this a great opportunity to test my battling skills. We all need to be ready to battle, and I want to make sure my skills are first rate.
 
Brock: Cool. That's good thinking, using this battle to test your skills. I know... you're a wonderful trainer regardless; I don't need to see a battle to prove that to me. (Puts his arms around her) Can I give you a kiss for good luck?
 
Duplica: (Turning extremely red) (Softly) Sure. (Brock moves to kiss her on her right cheek, but Duplica moves right before he plants it, and instead he ends up kissing her on on her lips)
 
Misty: (Talking to Ash) I guess they're getting warmed up for the battle, right Ash?
 
Ash: (Talking to Misty) I guess so. I know she's a good trainer, she'll be able to give Blaine a good battle and beat him.
 
Misty: I hope so.
 
Back on the playing field, Brock and Duplica have just broken their kiss.
 
Brock: (Still beet red) I... hope that kiss for good luck helps you.
 
Duplica: (Blushing) I think it did. (Thinking to herself) That feeling... it felt like I was melting inside... felt so good... (Out loud) I may need more good luck later, ok, Brock?
 
Brock: (Stuttering) S... sure. You can do it, my love. Focus and win! (Walks over to the stands and sits down next to Ash and Misty)
 
Duplica: (Nervously) Well, here goes nothing. (Yelling to Blaine) I'm all warmed up and ready to go!
 
Blaine: Sounds good. Announcer!
 
Announcer: This will be a one on one Pokemon battle. The winner must knock out both of their opponent's Pokemon. When one Pokemon is knocked out, the player must send in the other one immediately. Ready?
 
Duplica: Ready!
 
Misty: (Yelling) Go Duplica!
 
Ash: (Yelling) You can do it!
 
Brock: (Yelling) Go for it!
 
Pikachu: PIKAAAA!!
 
Togepi: Togepriii!
 
Blaine: I'm ready. Let's begin. I choose...
 
To be continued in Chapter 6: On The Run Part 3