Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 9: 8th Badge Battle ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: 8th Badge Battle
 
This chapter has been redone, so Ash only uses three Pokemon versus Claire's three Pokemon. The way he fights in Round 3 is quite different, hope you enjoy the change!
 
 
Claire: (Puzzled) A Muk? Hmm... haven't had to battle one of those in years... (Pauses to think of what attacks to use) Dratini, Thunderwave attack!
 
Dratini shoots a wave of electrical energy at Muk, hitting it moments later...
 
Ash: NO! Muk, can you move?
 
Muk can only move slightly, the Thunderwave has nearly paralyzed it...
 
Claire: Dratini, use your twister attack!
 
Dratini shoots a twister of wind at Muk, which picks it up and slams it into one of the walls of the gym...
 
Misty and Brock react in the background to what has just happened...
 
Misty: (To Brock) If Muk can't move, then he's gonna lose this round! That Dratini is just gonna keep using Twister...
 
Brock: He's in trouble...
 
Ash: Oh... (Has a quick thought) Muk, use your Disable attack! Disable that Twister!
 
Muk uses Disable and prevents Dratini from shooting more twisters at it. Muk is still under the effects of the Thunderwave, however...
 
Claire: Good move! I have other attacks, though... Dratini, use your Slam attack! (Dratini rushes towards Muk)
 
Ash: (Waits until Dratini is about to hit Muk) Muk, Harden!
 
Muk hardens itself, becoming rock hard. When Dratini hits it with its Slam attack, it bounces off, doing no damage...
 
Claire: Impressive... but you need to attack to win. You can't win if you stay in place...
 
Ash: (Thinks quickly) Muk, use your Sludge attack! (Muk begins to throw sludge at Dratini, who dodges. A few volleys do hit it, however. Dratini begins to move slower...
 
Claire: You're good... hmmm. Dratini, Dragon Rage attack! (Dratini moves towards Muk)
 
Brock: (Yelling) Ash, you gotta stop that Dratini now! Otherwise...
 
Ash: (Determined) I know... Muk, Sludge Bomb!
 
Muk launches a Sludge bomb, hitting the incoming Dratini and knocking in back against the far wall of the gym...
 
Announcer: Dratini is unable to battle. The challenger wins the round!
 
Claire: Dratini, return! (Calls Dratini back to its pokeball) Good job! You did well...
 
Ash: (Happily) Yeah! (Looks at Muk) You were great!
 
Muk: MUUUUKKKKK!
 
Claire: Well, you won the first round. Ready for round two?
 
Ash: You bet I am!
 
Claire: Very well... I choose you, Dragonair! (Throws out a pokeball and Dragonair comes out)
 
Duplica: (In the background) Wow! A real Dragonair! I never seen one of those before...
 
Brock: Misty and I did... a long time ago. (To himself) Hmm... she likes Dragonairs... maybe I could get her something with the pokemon on it after the match...
 
Ash: (Returns Muk to its pokeball) Go Pikachu! (Pikachu jumps off Ash's shoulder)
 
Claire: Go! Dragonair, use your Agility!
 
Dragonair starts flying around the room, appearing to be in many places at once. Pikachu tries to keep track of where Dragonair is, and gets dizzy...
 
Ash: Pikachu, don't pass out on me! Use your Thunder attack!
 
Pikachu call down Thunder, which starts to dance across the gym. As the last blast of Thunder hits Dragonair, it twists around and hits Pikachu with its tail, knocking it back several feet...
 
Claire: Not bad... Dragonair, Blizzard attack!
 
Ice begins to form and rains down from the ceiling...
 
Ash: (Urgently) Pikachu, Agility! Dodge those icicles!
 
Pikachu gets back on its feet and starts to use its Agility attack, and not a moment too soon...
 
Claire: You're not getting away that easily... Twister attack! (Dragonair shoots a twister of air at Pikachu)
 
Ash: Pikachu! (Thinks to himself quickly) I need to get Pikachu up in the air somehow; otherwise, that Dragonair will have keep having an advantage... (Out loud) Pikachu...
 
Before Ash can say another word, Pikachu is carried up into the twister and is sent sailing across the room...
 
Ash: NO!
 
Pikachu lands a few moments later, and is totally drained of power. It slumps down on the ground...
 
Announcer: Pikachu is unable to battle...
 
Misty, Brock, and Duplica stare in disbelief at what has just happened. Dragonair has wiped out Pikachu, only getting hit once...
 
Ash: (Runs over to Pikachu) Are you ok? (Pikachu weakly nods) You did great, old buddy... (Picks up Pikachu and brings it over to Misty) Misty, take care of Pikachu for me, okay?
 
Misty: Sure. Now get back in there and win!
 
Ash: You bet! (Gives Misty a "Thumbs-Up")
 
Ash returns to the gym floor and throws out another pokeball...
 
Ash: I choose you, Bayleef! (Bayleef emerges from the pokeball that Ash has just thrown)
 
Claire: A Bayleef, huh? Dragonair, Blizzard attack!
 
A storm of icicles begins to fall, all around the room. Bayleef is hit and knocked on its side...
 
Ash: (Concerned) Bayleef! Come on... get back in there! (Bayleef slowly gets back on its feet) Okay, use your Razor Leaf attack!
 
Claire: Blizzard again!
 
As Dragonair creates another blizzard and shoots it at Bayleef, Bayleef returns fire with the razor leafs, cutting the falling icicles in half...
 
Ash: Great! Now use Poison Powder!
 
Claire: Agility!
 
Bayleef creates a large cloud and shoots it towards Dragonair. Despite doing agility, Dragonair still is affected by the cloud... it has expanded to fill half the entire gym...
 
Claire: Oh no! (Dragonair falls to ground, poisoned) Dragonair, quickly, use your Outrage attack!
 
Dragonair shoots towards Bayleef and begins to slap it around with its tail... Bayleef tries to dodge, but the poisoned Dragonair is still too fast...
 
Ash: Body Slam!
 
Bayleef attempts to body slam Dragonair, but is knocked back by Dragonair...
 
Ash: Solarbeam!
 
Bayleef begins to gather light to power up. Dragonair is rapidly slowing down...the poison is really taking effect...
 
Claire: (Urgently) Dragonair, no!
 
Ash: Now!
 
Bayleef shoots a solar beam at Dragonair, sending it across the room. After landing, it doesn't get up...
 
Announcer: Dragonair is unable to battle. The challenger wins the round!
 
Claire: (Recalling Dragonair) That was pretty darn good... you have a lot of skill. But let's see what you can do in the water...
 
Before Ash can ask what she means, the gym floor opens up once again to reveal a huge pool of water...
 
Brock: (To Duplica) She's using the pool again? That means...
 
Duplica: Kingdra...
 
Claire: Okay, no more playing around... (Throws a pokeball out into the pool, Kingdra comes out) You seen what my Kingdra can do... are you ready?
 
Ash: Yeah... (Calls out to Bayleef) Great job! It's up to you for this next round, I know you can do it!
 
Bayleef: (Excitedly) BAY!
 
Claire: (To herself) I better not underestimate this kid... (Out loud) Let's begin with a Whirlpool attack!
 
Before Ash can speak a word, Kingdra creates a huge whirlpool and Bayleef is sucked in...
 
Ash: Get out of there! Use your Vine Whip to stop that whirlpool!
 
Bayleef launches its' vines in an attempt to hit Kingdra and stop the whirlpool. After several seconds, it finally succeeds and the whirlpool begins to slow down...
 
Ash: Body slam!
 
Bayleef jumps out of the whirlpool and rams into Kingdra...
 
Claire: Hydro Pump! Push that Bayleef away...
 
Kingdra pulls back and shoots Bayleef with a hydro pump attack, knocking it across the pool...
 
Ash: Razor Leaf!
 
Claire: Twister!
 
Bayleef starts to make its' way across the pool. Kingdra launches a twister, which heads towards Bayleef...
 
Ash: Bayleef, don't give up!
 
As the twister hits and begins to raise Bayleef up into the air, it makes an extra effort to keep slashing forward. Beads of sweat roll down Ash's face as he helplessly watches it gets carried away. A few seconds, later, however, a big splash is heard in the pool...
 
Claire: (Surprised) It can't be...
 
Ash looks down in the pool and sees Bayleef swimming where the twister was created just moments ago... vines hang down from the ceiling...
 
Ash: (Realizing that Bayleef used its' own vine whip to grab onto the ceiling rafters and pull it self out of the twister) Good job!
 
Misty, Brock, and Duplica look at the Bayleef in amazement while Claire makes her next move.
 
Claire: Kingdra, use Hydro Pump and send that Bayleef flying!
 
Kingdra shoots out a stream of water and hit Bayleef. The momentum of the attack makes it spin around and around the girder that it had been holding onto.
 
Misty: Ash, you gotta do something!
 
Ash: (Has a sudden idea) Bayleef, let go and use Body Slam!
 
Croconaw begins to shoot jets of water at Kingdra, and keeps moving closer as Kingdra retreats...
 
Claire: (Knowing what Ash is about to do) Twister!
 
Ash: Go for it!
 
Bayleef zooms forward like a lightning bolt and lands a Body Slam attack before Kingdra can launch a twister. Kingdra is knocked out...
 
Announcer: Kingdra is unable to battle! The challenger wins the round and the whole match!
 
Claire: Kingdra, return! (Calls back Kingdra to its pokeball) You did your best... (Pauses, then looks at Ash) You did a remarkable job there, Ash. You certainly deserve this badge... (Reaches into her pocket and pulls out a Rising Badge, then hands it to Ash)
 
Ash: (Holds up the badge and makes a peace sign) I got a Rising Badge!
 
Pikachu: Pi- pikachu!
 
Ash: And I couldn't have done it with you, Bayleef... (Bayleef swims over to the edge of the pool) You did great!
 
Bayleef: BAY! BAY!
 
Ash: (Looks at Misty, Brock, and Duplica) Thanks for being here, guys...
 
Misty: (Walks up to Ash and kisses him on the cheek) (Softly) No problem...
 
Brock: Good job, man...
 
Duplica: Nice work, Ash...
 
Ash: (Excitedly) Thanks! I should call my mom and Professor Oak, and let them know that I won my eighth badge! (Recalls Bayleef to his pokeball)
 
Claire walks over to the group...
 
Claire: Did you guys want to join me for lunch? (Looks at her watch) It's almost noon...
 
Ash: Sure!
 
Claire: Great! I need to take a break, anyways. Follow me, and I'll show you the best restaurant in town!
 
Misty: (Rubbing her stomach) Sounds good!
 
Claire heads out of the gym, with Ash, Misty, Brock, and Duplica following right behind her. After locking up the gym, she leads the group over to the "Blackthorn Burger and Grill", where they all enjoy lunch together. Claire talks to them about rumors that have been going around... about Team Rocket in the Johto area. Ash and company tell her what has happened to their towns and their dealings with Team Rocket. Claire is surprised that these four, especially Brock, Misty, and Ash, have had multiple dealings with Team Rocket...
 
Elsewhere in the Johto region, two separate teams are up to no good. Team Rocket is about to make a move, and a certain scientist is holding a conference in an ultra-secret lab...
 
To be continued in Chapter 10: Forest Confrontation