Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ A New Disaster ❯ Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters! They are the character names from Pretear and they are not mine to own. So do not sue me please!
 
CHAPTER ONE: MEETING
The birds around were chirping and the sun was shining through the treetops. Himeno walked along the path and surveyed the trees and plants all around her. She had been walking for a while now and didn't know how she ended up in this place. Something was drawing her further down the path. She felt calm though when the breeze came. She always felt calm with the wind. She felt her eyes close taking in the gentle breeze that was surrounding her. When her eyes opened she saw something forming in front of her on the path. There were more gentle gusts of wind and the thing in front of her was taking human form. Before she knew it, there was someone standing in front of her. He was only slightly taller than her. He had long dark blue hair that was wrapped into a ponytail by a silver bracket. He had the weirdest clothes with the colors of white and blue with a little gold trim outlining it. Himeno had not seen those eyes of his, those deep blue eyes, in such a long time. He gave her a smile that made her instinctively smile back. She always knew he would come back. She wrapped her arms around him.
 
Hyate… my Knight of the Wind
 
He gave her a gentle squeeze back. He pulled her back a little and looked into her eyes. Himeno could see him smiling still.
 
“Hyate, what are you doing back here? I thought that you said you'd be back tomorrow.”
Himeno watched as his smile faded and he became more serious. She knew that whatever he was going to say, she would not like it. It had been a whole year now that the Princess of Disaster was defeated. Back then it was Himeno and the Leafe Knights fighting together. She missed them so much even though she saw them a couple of times a month. She focused herself away from the past and onto Hyate; she knew something was wrong just by his face.
 
“Himeno what I'm going to say to you may be a little scary, and I just want you to know that I'm here for you and you can always talk to me.” Himeno nodded and started to brace herself for what he was going to say.
 
“Himeno,” He paused for a couple of seconds, “it seems as though there's another dark force trying to gather up all the leafe. This time we aren't sure if it's another Princess of Disaster or something far worse.” Himeno stiffened at his words and the smile vanished from her face.
 
He isn't sure what it is…what does that mean?
 
He slowly backed away and took her hand into his. That action had surprised the heck out of Himeno, even though Hyate was very slow in delivering the action. She still wasn't used to the fact that she was `with' Hyate in some sense.
 
“Himeno, I'm asking you if you'll consider becoming the Pretear once more and fight with us.” This had made Himeno scared in some sense she couldn't figure out. She looked away from his gaze.
 
What should I tell him, I mean I want to fight and protect again but I'm not sure that I can risk everything like I did the last time…
 
“Himeno? Are you feeling okay?” His words brought her eyes back to his. Himeno pushed him off her and put her hands on her hips, threw her head back and stated laughing out loud.
 
“Are you kidding me? I'm fine; actually I've never been better!” She was laughing, but it was more of a fake laugh.
 
“I'm not convinced you know.” Hyates' words brought her back to her senses. She never could fool him like that. He would always see right through her. She looked at the ground and folded her hands on her lap.
 
“I will fight.” With those words Hyate wrapped his arms around Himenos' waist and kissed her. Himeno was melting into the kiss by the time she noticed Hyate was moving them with his control over the wind. She broke away from the kiss. There were swirls of blue surrounding them that were so beautiful. Himeno was too angry though to enjoy the site.
 
“You can't distract me by kissing me! Hey where are you taking me!” She started to flail her arms about. Hyate shushed her and smiled while keeping a tight grip on her. She knew he wouldn't let her fall.
 
“Can't you already tell?” He said and she looked around to see that she was in a place with multicolored trees. Birds were flying upside down and there was a forest extending all around her.
 
I'm back in Leafenia…
 
:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*: *:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:
 
Excitement was bubbling over inside her. She would get to see the other Knights again. Hyate descended to the ground gracefully in front of a large tree. The tree was unusual probably because it had windows and a door. Himeno turned to Hyate and smiled.
 
“Himeno's back everybody! Himeno's finally here!” They chimed in unison. Himeno gave them both smiles and patted their heads. The youngest of the little ones was Shin. He was the Knight of Plants. He had short blonde hair and green eyes. He was wearing a light and dark green outfit that had leaves drawn on it. The slightly older one was Hajime. Hajime was Knight of Water. His hair had two long strands in the front with one of them wrapped in a silver bracket. His outfit was light blue with dark pink boots and gold cuffs on his wrists. They were both so deeply attached to her. To them she was like a mom since the Leafe Knights didn't really have parents. The closest thing they had to an adult was Hyate.
 
“I'm so glad to be back because I get to see all of you. So tell me did you miss me as much as I missed you?” The two nodded their heads and hugged Himeno again. She was so glad to see them. She had missed being attacked by them.
 
“I don't know what you're all being so mushy about. Himeno came back, I always knew she would.” Himeno turned her gaze to find Mannen leaning against the tree door frame with his arms folded across his chest. He was the Knight of Ice. His temper sometimes seemed like he did more than control it. His purple eyes pierced Himeno with a smile. His spiky white hair went all over and complemented his white outfit that also had some strips of blue and dark pink. Himeno opened her arms and he gave a sigh. He then ran as fast as he could into the embrace.
 
I knew he missed me…
 
She patted his head as Shin and Hajime tried to snuggle closer to her. She had missed these little ones so much. She turned to look at Hyate. He was smiling at her as his blue eyes gave her a more intense feeling of happiness.
 
“I hope we're not interrupting anything.” She tore away from Hyates' gaze and tried to find out where the sound came from. She looked over her right shoulder to find a face there staring at her.
 
“AAHHHHHHH!” Himeno screamed, jumped out of the embrace and fell on the floor. She looked up to find everyone laughing with the newly included faces of Sasame and Kei. Sasame loved doing that to her, he was always catching her off guard like that.
 
“What did you do that for?!” Himeno shouted at them. “I can still beat you up you know!” Hyate chuckled behind her, probably at the thought that she could beat Sasame. Sasame was the Knight of Sound. He could hear a pin drop from miles away. He fell in love with the Pretear before Himeno. She had turned into the Princess of Disaster, but she isn't anymore. Now she probably was living with Sasame and wasn't going to be in that state again. Sasame had short white hair that always fell into his eyes. His outfit was white with purple trim that matched his purple eyes. He had a silver earring that usually helped him hear things. She chuckled as Sasame came over to her and squeezed her.
 
“Don't I get anything?” She turned to Kei who was in his usual pose that stated he was a genius even when he wasn't talking. He was Knight of Light. He was probably the smartest out of them all. He had blonde hair that was pulled up and fallen over on one side of his head. His eyes were also sort of golden and matched his yellow, tan and brown outfit. Himeno gave him a smile and opened up her arms when he walked over to her. When she pulled out of the embrace she smiled but was unsure of something.
 
Where is Goh…?
 
Goh was the Knight of Fire. He was dating her friend Yayoi. Himeno hadn't seen much of either of them recently. She wondered how they were both doing. All of a sudden, Himeno was grabbed from behind and turned around. She was so shocked when she saw Goh standing there holding her at arms length. He had brown hair and maroon streaks though it to match his maroon eyes. His outfit was a maroon color with white shoulder pads letting streams of white cloth hang on each side. He wore a silver bracket choker around his throat.
 
“Can I get a hug?” He said playfully. Himeno gave him a big hug and stepped back. She looked at everyone. From Shin, the youngest to Hyate the oldest, she knew she loved them all so much.
 
“So Goh,” Mannen asked slyly, “why were you late?” Goh took the liberty of blushing a deep red that almost matched his outfit. Shin and Hajime took the liberty of `ooo'ing him. Hyate snickered, but Himeno slapped him in the gut as a warning. He gave her a look as if to ask her `why'. Himeno grazed his hand and he got the message that if he said anything, Goh would start on Hyate and Himeno's relationship. Goh got tired of Mannen poking him in the side and finally said something.
 
“Okay, fine I'll tell you! I was over Yayoi's house. She wouldn't let me go until I gave her a kiss goodbye.” He lowered his head and Mannen snickered. Himeno couldn't help feel bad for him, but it was his fault he wouldn't give her a kiss. Yayoi was a romantic, so she tried to make her life exactly like a novel.
 
:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*: *:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:
 
They all agreed that they should discuss the matter and went to sit. Himeno looked around at every Knight as they all sat down on the grass. Himeno sat with Hajime and Shin in her lap, Hyate sat to the right of Himeno, and Mannen sat to the left. Then Sasame sat down next to Hyate, Goh next to Mannen, and Kei between Goh and Sasame. It was a complicated circle and it didn't look like it was going to work. Mannen kept teasing Goh about Yayoi and Goh kept yelling at him to be quite. Hajime and Shin were fighting over who would sit on Himeno's right leg. Hyate and Kei were in some debate about a postcard Sasame read yesterday with Sasame telling them to calm down. In this all, Himeno felt she could scream. So she did.
 
“WON'T YOU ALL JUST SHUT UP!!!” They all stopped and stared at her. Hyate was the first to speak.
 
“Sorry Himeno, would you like us to start telling about what's going on?” She nodded. “Who wants to go first?” Hyate said looking around the circle they had formed. Kei nodded.
 
“Himeno,” he said looking directly into her eyes as if he wasn't holding anything back, “there has been this weird feeling we all have been getting about the leafe in your world. A feeling telling us that something bad is going to happen if we ignore it. Have you been experiencing any weird behavior lately with friends, family, people you encounter or even your own feelings?” Himeno thought hard about the past year. She thought of all the good times she had and some of the bizarre times. She remembered when Hyate gave her a rose and it wilted as soon as she put it in a vase. She also remembered when Yayoi had taken her to get ice cream, but as soon as Yayoi licked the ice cream it started to melt unnaturally fast. She didn't know if the time when Myune took her shopping was something weird or not. Then Himeno remembered something perfect to say.
 
“Yes, I have. There was this one time on a perfectly good day I was supposed to feed the fish in the pond, instead I snapped at my dad and ran back to my room for no reason. It was so strange; it was as it I needed to disobey him.” Kei looked at her in a funny way. She looked around and it seemed everyone but Shin and Hajime was looking at her strangely. “What, did I stumble onto something?” She looked at Hyate and he looked as if he was going to laugh.
 
“I'm sorry, but are you sure that wasn't just your hormones?” Himeno grew red with anger and embarrassment as the whole circle laughed. Noticing how angry she was Hyate apologized. “Sorry, is there anything else you remember?”
 
Two can play this…
 
“Actually there was the one time you gave me a rose.” She saw Hyate blush as the rest of the Knights stared at him. “Don't' you remember that Hyate? When you helped me put it into a vase but at soon as it touched the water it wilted immediately.” Instead of keeping focus on Hyate they all looked at her. Hyate didn't look too happy.
 
“Actually I do remember that. It was so weird.” All the Knights then looked as if they were thinking deeply.
 
“Himeno,” a small voice called and she realized it was Shin in her lap, “did the flower die?” Shin loved his flowers so much that Himeno didn't want to tell him it did.
 
“Yes Shin.” She saw the child's green eyes brim tears on the edge. “No, Shin there's no need to cry!” Hyate noticed that Shin was crying as picked him up from Himenos' lap to hold him. Shin stopped crying almost immediately.
 
I never understood how he does that, even when he does it to me…
 
Hyate gave Himeno a look as if he was sorry, what he was sorry for she didn't know. Kei had by then focused his attention on Himeno again.
 
“Himeno,” he said as if he was going to beg, “we need you to fight again as the Pretear. We know that we don't understand what's going on right now, but it will be much safer to tell us now if you will fight.” Himeno understood exactly what he was saying. He wanted her to say that she would be Pretear now in case an unexpected attack happens.
 
“I understand Kei, I want to fight and I want to help protect anyway I can.” Shin and Hajime both jumped up and hugged her. Himeno was caught off guard as usual but didn't fall this time. She felt something under her back keeping her from hitting the ground. She looked at Hyate and saw he was looking into space. He was obviously avoiding eye contact because he was doing something good for her in front of the other Knights. He blushed when he felt her staring at him and she smiled.
 
Thank you Hyate, even if you are a jerk sometimes