Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ A New Disaster ❯ Within the Limits ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: hey, so I have just realized I have been combining the manga and the anime together into a story so I'm sorry if I am confusing anyone because I was watching the anime the other day and read the manga later and realized I was kind of combining them with my own stuff too.
So if you've seen the anime and haven't read the manga or read the manga and haven't seen the anime, there's some new stuff here for you.
And anyone who has seen the anime and read the manga, I hope you like my story line.
So parts in this story I borrowed, and are not mine to take credit for, are some ideas from the manga and anime storyline for like past remembrance and the characters. But other then that the whole story is mine to credit for. I hope you enjoy this chapter.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Chapter 4: Within the Limits
 
Himeno felt so cold. Myunes' words somehow made her feel differently about the whole topic the Leafe Knights had brought up. The fact that the family was getting along so well and then this whole thing started hurt Himeno. All she wanted was to belong to a family and be able to have a nice house with people who cared. In the beginning there was a family and a house, but no warmth or love. After the whole incident last year with the Princess of Disaster, they had gotten closer. Now, Himeno didn't know what to do, she cared so much for her family and didn't want them to hurt. At least with her dad and Natsue going to America, she could solve this without her dad worrying. Himeno finished walking down the hall and into the dinning room. She sat down into her seat and began to eat the eggs that were on her plate. Even they were cold too. Himeno didn't complain because she was hungry anyway. Himeno glanced at the clock on the wall stating that she had a half hour to get to school. Himeno cleared her plate and left the room. She walked to the front door and picked up her bag. She turned around to look at the hallway.
 
Empty as usual…
 
Himeno walked out the front door and shut it behind her. She took a deep look at the scenery in front of her. Thousands of trees and flowers lined the pathway out and decorated the several gardens around the yard. All the cherry blossoms were swirling around in the wind. All in all, the Awayuki residence was simply beautiful. Himeno started down the long staircase to the ground. She gave a sigh and looked at the auburn trees swaying in the wind. She was never going to get to school now. Himeno then began to run down the trail to the front gate. This was the problem with never taking the car to school. She always had to run. Himeno came to the front gate which for some reason was open already but Himeno didn't give it a second though as she raced through and down the street. She turned the nearest corner and began to run faster down the crowded street filled with people.
 
“Hello Ms. Awayuki.” One of the people she passed shouted at her as she ran by.
 
“Hello!” Himeno smiled and waved as she continued to run down the street towards her destination. She could see the school ahead but she just needed to turn once more. She turned into an ally way and headed down the street and jumped into a bush that would lead her directly in front of the school.
 
Before it led me right into Leafenia and I met Shin…
 
Himeno smiled to herself remembering when she went down this path and stumbled into Leafenia. Then she met Shin who gave his hand to her and she made Leafe for the first time. She passed out though and woke up in the great tree they all lived in. Hyate was there when she woke up cooling her down with the wind. That was the first time she saw those deep blue eyes. Himeno snapped from her thoughts when she jumped out of the bush and landed on the ground face flat.
 
“DAMN! THAT HURT!” Himeno struggled to her feet. She rubbed her head and checked her watch. It said that she had all of ten minutes. She sucked in her breath and began to run again hoping that she would make it on time for once. Himeno cleared the front gates of the school and continued running into the building. “I WILL NOT BE LATE!” Himeno sprinted into the locker area and changed her shoes faster then anyone could. She then ran up the stairs and to her classroom. As soon as the door opened the class bell rang and Himeno walked to her seat glad that she was on time.
 
“Himeno!” Himeno looked to see Yayoi waving to her. She was a pretty girl despite the glasses covering her golden eyes. Her dusty blonde hair was pinned up on each side giving her bangs more room. Yayoi was a romantic who practically read every love story there is. The only bad thing is that she sometimes gets annoying trying to make real life into one of the books she has read. Himeno smiled at her.
 
Wonder if Goh told her what happened yesterday…
 
“Hey Yayoi, how are you?” Himeno sat down in the seat next to Yayoi.
 
“Oh okay, but I heard what happened with Goh the other night during your date. I'm so sorry Himeno. Just to let you know though, I told him off.” Himeno shook her head she didn't want Yayoi to do anything; she just wanted to see her reaction.
 
“Really Yayoi, you shouldn't have.” Himeno was refraining herself from asking what she said to Goh but she couldn't help her curiosity. “So what did you tell him anyway?” Yayoi gave Himeno a puzzled look as if Himeno was supposed to know what she had said.
 
“I just told him that that was not the thing to do. You shouldn't go ruining other people's romantic dates just because you haven't had one.” Himeno stared at her friend as she kept a straight face while saying it. Himeno couldn't contain herself as she started to laugh.
 
“You really made that comment about not being on a romantic date?” Himeno was too curious to let this one go.
 
“Of course I did, I'm trying to pressure him into taking me on one.” Yayoi and Himeno both laughed until the teacher walked into the room and class started.
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````
 
Himeno walked down the street to go home. School had ended and it was time to go home. After dinner tonight Himeno would have to go talk to Hyate and the others about Myunes' present state. Yayoi told her more about her conversation with Goh during the lunch period. Himeno always had a good laugh with Yayoi whenever she wasn't being annoying with romantic fantasies. Thanks to her being with Goh she's cut back on the stories. Himeno walked along the side walk back to her house. She walked though the gate and saw two limos coming towards her. They slowed down and the window in the first one lowered to let Himeno see her father and Natsue sitting in the limo.
 
Are they leaving for America already...
 
“Mother and father, how are you? Where are you going with two limos?” Himeno asked. Kaoru Awayuki, being a great father, started laughing at Himeno's question.
 
“Why Himeno, we told you we were leaving for America soon didn't we?” He said to her. Himeno stood there wide eyed and open mouthed at her father.
 
“Yeah, but I didn't think you meant THIS soon! You could have at least TOLD me when you were leaving! Then I wouldn't have been so surprised.” Himeno took a deep breath and remembered that if they went away now, maybe they would be spared with what was going on. Her father looked stunned.
 
“Himeno,” he said, “I didn't know that you had separation problems! It's a good thing that we left someone in charge here while we're gone.” Himeno looked at her father in question.
 
“Dad, I have just one question to ask, who did you leave in charge of us while you're gone?” Himeno braced herself for the worst possible outcome.
 
“Don't worry Himeno; I left a highly trained person for the job.”
 
“Are you going to tell me their name?” Himeno ran her hand over her forehead. “Whatever, never mind, you guys just go okay. Have a great time.” Himeno's dad looked at her questionably, but then he looked at Natsue and gave a smile. He gave a glance at Himeno.
 
“Alright, we're gonna go now.” Himeno gave her father and Natsue hugs through the limo's window and said goodbye. She tried to fight the tears as she watched the limo roll the rest of the way out of the gate and turn the corner. Himeno then turned and started to walk towards the house, and tried to see the situation of Natsue and her father leaving for America better.
 
“They won't be in any trouble!” Himeno shouted out loud to herself. She needed to just get home and relax. She made her walking pace quicken as she headed towards the house in search of relaxation. Himeno finally mad it inside the door and stared down the long vacant hallway. The doors were on each side of the hallway. It looked as if the hallway never ended either. Himeno wondered from time to time why she lived in a house like this. Sometimes it was just hard to believe. Himeno walked down the hallway to the stairs, walked up the stairs, then down the second floor hallway to her room. Himeno sat down on her bed and threw her bag in the corner of the room. She couldn't wait until dinner, she was so hungry. Himeno lay back onto her bed and closed her eyes. She was so exhausted from today's stress. She put her hands in front of her eyes and tried to relax. “God! Why do I have to worry so much all the time?”
 
“Because you care so much.” Himeno practically launched herself off her bed to find Sasame standing there in his knight outfit. He gave her a smile. “Did I scare you?”
 
“No,” Himeno said rubbing the back of her head and laughing with nervousness, “not at all. You know me, I'm very jumpy.”
 
Sasame scares me way to often…
 
“Hey Sasame,” Himeno said after some silence, “what are you doing here anyway?” Sasames' smile went away and he looked deeply concerned about something. Himeno couldn't help but wonder if something was extremely wrong.
 
“Himeno, all the other knights are locked in a battle right now.” Himeno panicked. A battle? She hadn't even seen any sign of trouble. Sasame saw Himenos' confusion but kept talking. “We need you to become Pretear and fight with us now.” Sasame extended his hand and gestured that Himeno should take it. “So come with me Himeno.” Himeno seemed to tense but she was sure of what she had to do. She reached her hand out to grasp Sasames' hand…….
 
 
……and there she was. Sasame had transported them to the battle field as soon as Himeno had touched him. Himeno saw all the knights engaged in a battle with strange new looking creatures. The creatures weren't anything that Himeno had seen before. They were not purple this time; they were a tainted grey with some black. They didn't have the same shape as before either, it was now a more of a creature with 7 legs and 1 head. They were small, but there was a lot of them.
 
“Mannen watch your back!” Himeno turned to see Kei yelling at Mannen because another creature was coming closer to attacking him at the back. Sasame left Himeno and joined to help fight.
 
“Himeno!” Himeno turned her head to see Takako standing close by looking worried. Himeno ran over to her.
 
“Takako what are you doing here?” Himeno said. She was worried about Takako getting hurt around the battle field.
 
“I wanted to watch. Last time something like this happened I was too infatuated with the Leafe Knights dying it to realize how scary it really was. I want to see how hard the struggle of something like this, something that I could have caused again if you hadn't had helped me, really was.” Himeno was amazed. Takako really did care about the cause of protecting leafe now. Himeno gave a faint smile.
 
“Himeno,” Himeno turned to see Goh coming towards her with his hand outstretched, “prêt with me now!” Himeno stuck her hand out and prêt-ed with Goh. She came out as the Fire Pretear with the long white boots, long white sleeves attached to red gloves, fire symbol on top of a white body-skirt, toped off with a flame tiara. Himeno landed on the ground and posed for an attack.
 
“FIRE AXE!” A large axe of fire came out and Himeno began to swing it continuously at the new enemy. She wiped out a few more before hearing some shouting.
 
“They're evaporating! It's like something is calling them back!” The Fire Axe disappeared as Himeno looked at who was shouting and what was going on. She saw Mannen shouting the phrase over and over again. It was true though, the creatures were disappearing. Himeno looked around at all the Leafe Knights. She saw Shin and Hajime and they looked exhausted. Then she saw Kei and she could swear that he looked short of breath. She saw Sasame standing over by Takako who was fawning over a wound. Mannen seemed fine as he kept shouting. Then she saw Hyate, she hoped that he wasn't hurt. Then he looked at her and Himeno blushed.
 
I wonder if he gets jealous when I prêt with someone else…I wonder if he thinks I look hot…
 
“Ugh do you remember that I'm still here!!!” Goh shouted from inside her mind. “I don't need to here that kind of stuff please!”
 
“Sorry, Goh.” Himeno said out loud and Hyate gave a suspicious look as she and Goh un-prêt-ed. Himeno went back to her normal clothes and Goh was revealed to have a small scratch on his forehead. Other then that all of the Knights seemed to be okay. What Himeno wanted to know now was what had caused the creatures to start a fight? As if sensing that Himeno had a question Kei came over and crossed his arms over his chest in the usual manner.
 
“What's the matter Himeno, something troubling you?” Kei asked. He always knew when there was a question to be asked and an answer to be given.
 
“I was just wondering what caused this attack, I mean; something had to provoke it right?” Himeno asked him and it seemed as if he had expected this question from her all along.
 
“The answer to that question is simply put as this and this alone. We were all searching for the new enemy in different places; you know divide and concur, when all of a sudden Sasame was called on his earpiece. Now we found that a little weird since that only calls demon larva, but we checked it out anyway. When we got here we saw one of the creatures, and it looked like it was digging through a trash can like it was searching for something. Then as soon as it spotted us the rest of them came out of the ground. Liquefied coming out of the ground, then they became very solid. I tell you, I have never seen that with a demon larva. Then Sasame thought we should get you so we fought while he got you. To put it we really don't know what's going to happen at any given moment anymore.” When Kei had finished, all of the Knights and Takako were standing around. Himeno was speechless. She had no idea what to say. Except one little thing was boggling her brain.
 
Could the person behind this have made it so good of a trap, and if they did, why would they want to…?
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………
 
A/N: alright my wonderful peoples. I hope that you have enjoyed this and I will try to work on the next one and get it up as soon as I can. but a friend pointed out to me that the pages don't seem very long, but don't worry they really are…
 
Himeno- what do you mean by that
 
Me- I mean to say that I really write like 5-6 pages on Microsoft word and then put it up
 
Himeno- oh, so you're not lazy then
 
Me- ha-ha very funny