Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ A New Disaster ❯ Distractions ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: alight people here we go for another chapter and i hope this one you enjoy, like im pretty sure you did with the first 4 chapters, but enjoy! i tried to create a few more twists for you to keep it interesting and keep you on your toes.
 
by the way all of your comments are much appreciated! except the ones that say that i can't spell…but those are overlooked because the person who says that is just trying to get on my nerves.
 
Disclaimer! Pretear is not mine to own so please do not sue me!
but the plot is all mines….mwahahaha! (yes i meant to say mines so don't make fun of me for misspelling something *cough* *cough* *Caitlin* *cough *cough*)
 
Chapter 5: Distractions
 
Himeno sat down on one of her balcony's chairs to think this through. Her head was dangling low and she had her eyes closed. The Leafe Knights brought her back home after the battle had finished. They all thought that Himeno needed some time to think because she didn't look too good. When they got there, Hyate offered to stay with Himeno, but she told him that she had better think by herself. She didn't know why she wanted to be alone though. In these sorts of situations it was better to be among friends and family. But what family did she have right now? Two parents that were in America? A crazy ass driver? Her sisters, which at this point, she only had one of them? Himeno snapped her head up and her eyes went wide. What was happening to Myune? Himeno thought that it was just a phase, but something about that fight she just had was making her think differently. Myune couldn't have been possessed because that was the Princess of Disasters' trademark, right? She could be the new Darkness. Himeno shook her head.
 
Let's not think that right now…
 
“Ms. Himeno,” Himeno came out of her spacing off to see on her left her maid standing there speaking very slowly to her, “I didn't know what to do. I was knocking on your door for quite some time,” then the maids' voice went faster, “and I was so afraid thatsomethinghadhappenedtoyousoIcameinbut--” then she took a deep breath, “--I am still very sorry for barging in on you Ms. Himeno.” When the maid finished her sentence Himeno was trying to piece together what the maid had said to her.
 
“Uh, its okay, you don't have to worry about it.” Himeno laughed and shrugged her shoulders. “Is it almost time for dinner?” Himeno asked her. It was no surprise though to the maid that Himeno had asked about food. Himeno was always asking her whenever she came in if it was time to eat. Usually the maid would just laugh and nod her head, but this time was different. The maid didn't smile at all; she instead looked at the ground and spoke in a low tone.
 
“No, miss. It is not time for dinner to be served. Instead the new authority figure would like to have a word with the Awayuki daughters.” Himeno couldn't grasp this yet.
 
“I have one question. What new authority figure are you talking about? Hopefully you're not speaking about Mr. Tanaka! That would be terrifying!” This time the maid laughed a bit but kept her head down.
 
“No, it is not Mr. Tanaka. Your parents have hired a watcher, or Au Pair, for you, Ms. Myune and Ms. Mawata. We were sent up to ask you to come down and meet her and then eat your dinner.” Himeno laughed as the maid stressed then.
 
“I'm sorry. I guess my stomach is doing all the talking.” The maid gave a short smile.
 
“Then Ms. Himeno, would you please follow me downstairs?”
 
*®*
 
Himeno followed the maid into the foyer where Myune and Mawata were sitting. Himeno also spotted Mr. Tanaka in the corner. She also noticed a woman standing in the middle of the room. She was sort of short with long blonde hair and had a nice figure. It looked as though Mr. Tanaka was looking at her with interest. Himeno thought she'd be sick. Then again she also remembered that he had to get over Natsue because she was happily married, and he just didn't have a chance. Himeno found herself being ushered to a chair facing the woman in the canter of the room.
 
“Ah,” the woman said, “we have all the members of the family here now.” Himeno couldn't look away from the woman's smile. There was something not right about the way her lips curled. Himeno sat down in the chair and the woman walked up to her chair slowly. “You must be Himeno, right?” Then she backed away and looked around the room. “Now everyone my name is Ms. Kuro,” Himeno could have sworn she heard an intake of breath coming from Mr. Tanaka at the word `Ms.', “and I am here to watch over you while the usual guardians of this household are away.” Himeno was now interested in this woman. This is the woman that her parents were talking about who would be watching over them. “Now, I will tell you a little about myself so we can get familiar with each other. I was born the oldest of seven children and I graduated from high school at the age of 17 and got a masters in college by the time I was 21. I am now 29 and have looked over children of all sorts. I hope that we can get along to.” Himeno smiled. She liked this Ms. Kuro. She seemed very smart. “Now I want to know about you. Just tell me how old you are, if you're in high school and what you like to do. Mawata why don't you go first.” Mawata looked uneasy about the whole situation but spoke up none the less.
 
“I am 15(A/N: don't forget it's a year after) years old and I am in high school. I enjoy studying cultures and the arts.” Ms. Kuro seemed pleased with the response.
 
“Myune, will you please say something next.” Myune crossed her arms over her chest and looked away the whole time she spoke.
 
“I'm 17, not like that's any of your business, and I like spending money and being fancy.” Himeno tried to cover her laughter because what she had said couldn't have been closer to the truth. Then Himeno knew that her turn was coming up so she looked at Ms. Kuro who seemed to be looking at Himeno in a weird manner.
 
“Himeno,” when she spoke a chill ran up Himenos' spine, “why don't you share next.” Himeno ignored it though.
 
“All Right! I'm 17 years old and of course I'm still in high school, I enjoy martial arts and anything to do with having fun! Oh! I also love to eat!” Himeno gave her brightest smile. She was trying to get on Ms. Kuro's good side so she could go out tonight. Yet the stares she was getting weren't making Himeno feel at ease.
 
“Very nice. I'm so glad to have met you. Now shall we go eat dinner?” Himeno liked the sound of that and was the first one to sit at the dinner table. After everyone was seated in the dinning room Ms. Kuro stayed behind. Himeno was getting suspicious but then her stomach growled and she forgot all about it.
 
*®*
 
Himeno was in her room after dinner had finished and started getting ready for the Leafe Knights to come over. Himeno grabbed her blue shirt with a black skirt and slipped them on. She expected them to be here any minute to pick her up. They were going to Goh's restaurant tonight because he had off and they could all hang out and discuss the topic at hand.
 
Should I bring up the topic of Ms. Kuro…?
 
Himeno had been debating with herself about that topic ever since she left the dinner table. Himeno grabbed her black purse and ran out of her room and down all the stairs. She ended up in front of Mr. Tanaka who looked a little starry eyed but it probably could be just hunger because he had missed dinner. He was slowly raising his arm and Himeno could not be stopped by him. They would be here any minute now.
 
“Hi Mr. Tanaka! Listen I don't have anytime to talk right now I'm sort of late.” She said as she rushed by him. Whatever was wrong with Mr. Tanaka to put him in that state she would surely find out about it later right? Himeno was now running down the hallway with the door in clear sight. When out of no where she saw Ms. Kuro walking across the hallway and Himeno was going to fast to slow down. “Look Out --!” The rest of the sentence was cut off by Himeno crashing into the new Au Pair. “OWwWwW!” Himeno slowly got up clutching her head at the same time Ms. Kuro got up. She didn't look happy at all.
 
“Himeno, what may I ask are you doing running down the halls!” Ms. Kuro said. Himeno thought she should just tell her that she was meeting someone.
 
“I'm sorry, but you see I have to meet someone very soon and I was afraid to be late, and there really isn't anyone usually walking down her so I ran. I'm very sorry and I hope you'll accept my apology.” Himeno said bowing her head down. When Himeno came back up she could see that the expression on her face was softer and nicer.
 
“Don't worry about. Just make sure to not run into me again, you have one hard head there.” Himeno laughed and they dusted each other off. Then the doorbell rang and Himeno went to go get it but Ms. Kuro's hand on her arm stopped her. “Now Himeno this is my rule, you may go out as long as I know you're out and your home before midnight.” Ms. Kuro gave a smile. “Have a good time.” Himeno gave a smile back and walked to the door. Himeno could have sworn she heard Ms. Kuro humming behind her but she wasn't quite sure.
 
*®*
 
“So you have a new member of your household, is that what your saying?” Kei said. They were all sitting down at the restaurant and they had been discussing the battle from the previous day and Himeno let a line like `oh I hope my new Au Pair is nothing like those monsters' and Kei had heard it.
 
“Yeah, her name is Ms. Kuro. She just came in to watch my family while my parents are in America. She seems sort of nice, except she gave me a curfew.” Himeno stated.
 
“Ouch! A curfew?” Goh joked making motions like he was dying.
 
“Hardy-har-har.” Himeno joke back.
 
“That's very interesting you know.” Kei said as if he was intrigued by the topic. “Your parents go to America and some new person shows up to take care of you.”
 
“Yeah and her name means `black' too!” Mannen shouted from across the table. Himeno was baffled. That was true, even though Himeno overlooked it, `kuro' meant `black'. (A/N: kuro does really mean black don't think im making this up!) Hyate gave Himeno a questioning look.
 
“So what does that mean genius?” Goh said.
 
“Well if something's black isn't it bad?” Mannen said and stuck his tongue out at Goh who stuck his out too.
 
“Shouldn't you have told us that you were getting an Au Pair?” Hyate asked. Himeno scratched her head.
 
Of course, that would have been the smart thing to do
 
“Let's not get into that right now,” Sasame spoke up, “I think all that matters right now is getting this new threat figured out.”
 
“I agree with Sasame,” said Goh, “Kei you're talking about worries with an Au Pair, when what ever the threat is that's out there now, we still haven't figured it out.”
 
“I agree with you, believe me,” said Kei, “but how are we to know that while we are looking for this new threat that it isn't in Himeno's house again?” All the knights shook their heads in agreement except for Hajime and Shin who were eating some ice cream.
 
“That's a very good point.” Hyate stated. “I guess then we will have to put Himeno under surveillance just as we did before and have someone protect her and follow her.” Sasame, Kei, Goh and Mannen stared at Hyate. Himeno blushed and Hajime and Shin just kept eating. Hyates' expression showed that he was clueless as to what was going on and what they were all thinking at that point. “What?! Why are you all staring at me like that?” Kei coughed.
 
“Well you see…”
 
“What would you do with Himeno while you were watching her?” Mannen cut in and Hyates' face turned bright red. Himeno covered her face from the embarrassment.
 
“You would know! You little pervert!” Hyate made a grab for Mannens' neck but he was stopped by Goh.
 
“Hey calm down! If anyone is to be called a pervert or to choke Mannen, it would be me!” Goh shouted over them.
 
“If you all don't stop this I'm very certain that we'll be thrown out.” Kei said calmly. Hyate sat back in his seat and Himeno touched his arm to calm him down. “Now, Hyate made a good point that we need to watch Himeno,” Kei paused and looked at Himeno and Hyate, “and I know that what they do is none of our business. Hyate is still a knight and that is that.” They all nodded. Himeno wasn't sure where this would go until Kei said something that surprised her. “So how is Mawata?”
 
“Yes, we haven't seen her in a while now.” Sasame said. Himeno smiled. It had been a while since the knights had visited the Awayuki home for a visit.
 
“She's doing great.” Himeno told them.
 
“Tell her I said `hi'!” Hajime shouted with his faced covered in ice cream.
 
“Me too! Me too!” Shin chorused waving his spoon in the air.
 
“Please do tell her we all said `hi'.” Kei said and smiled this weird smile Himeno had never thought he could smile.
 
“Sure, no problem.” Himeno said.
 
“So Himeno, what time do you have to be home because of this new curfew?” Goh questioned.
 
“Uh, exactly midnight. Why?” Himeno watched as Goh's face became a little pale.
 
“Because it's 11:50 right now and considering that it takes you 15 minutes to get up your driveway, I think that one of us should take you home now.” Himeno smiled. “I'll take you.”
 
“Hey! I wanna take her home Goh!” Mannen squealed as he tugged Goh's shirt.
 
“But I do too!” Hajime wailed.
 
“What about me?!” Shin said and he looked close to tears. Himeno pat his head and gave a big smile.
 
“How bout you all take me.” The little ones cheered and Shin wiped away the forming tears. “But you have to take me now.” Without another word, Goh and Mannen grabbed Himenos' wrists and before she knew it she was staring at her huge front door. She turned around to see all the knights standing there.
 
“Well Himeno, I guess we should go now.” Sasame said with a wave and then he vanished with purple swirls.
 
“Yeah, what he said.” Goh commented.
 
“Bye Himeno!” Hajime and Shin shouted as they hugged her.
 
“See ya later Himeno.” Mannen said and then Goh, Hajime, Shin, and Mannen disappeared with swirls of red, light blue, green, and white. Himeno looked at Kei and Hyate. Kei looked at Hyate and then at Himeno. Then back at Hyate. Then back at Himeno. Hyate looked a little like he was going to smash Kei's head in if he didn't leave soon. Kei got the hint when he looked back at Hyate.
 
“I guess I shall be going to.” Kei murmured. “Goodbye Himeno.” Then he vanished in a swirl of yellow. Hyate walked up to Himeno and gave her a small kiss on the lips.
 
“You better get inside.” He whispered. Himeno nodded, gave him a hug, and opened the front door. By the time she turned around again, he was gone. Himeno gave a sigh and walked through the door fully and closed it behind her. She walked a little down the hallway and saw Ms. Kuro sitting in a chair nearby.
 
“Oh! Hi Ms. Kuro! I was just going to my room now! Good night!” Himeno said as she bowed her respect. When Himeno came up she noticed a smile on Ms. Kuro's face.
 
“It's 11:58.” She said checking her watch. “Thank you for sticking to my rule Himeno. It means a lot to me. Have a good night sleep.” She told Himeno very quietly that it could have almost been mistaken as a whisper. Himeno gave a smile and rushed to her room. She started to run past Mawata's room but slowed down.
 
I have to tell her `hi' for the knights…
 
Himeno walked up to Mawata's room and knocked. Mawata answered the door in her blue nightgown.
 
“Oh, Himeno,” Mawata said quietly but had a smile on her face, “why are you here?” Himeno gave her a smile then checked to see that Ms. Kuro wasn't anywhere around.
 
“Well, I just had a meeting with the Leafe Knights…” Himeno started.
 
“Oh really!” Mawata cut in and had a huge smile. “How are they?”
 
“Well, that's why I'm here; they wanted me to tell you `hi'.” Mawata grinned. “Actually to tell you the truth, Kei asked about you.” Mawata's grin got even wider.
 
“He did?”
 
“Yes, he did.”
 
“How is h- I mean all the knights?”
 
“They're great, but listen I have to get some sleep and you do too. So I'll see you in the morning.” Mawata nodded her head.
 
“Maybe we could walk to school together.” Mawata suggested and Himeno's stomach did a flip. She was so happy that after so long Mawata wanted to walk to school with her.
 
“That would be nice.” Himeno smiled and they waved each other good night. When Himeno was in her room she threw off her clothes and put her tulip pajamas on. She flopped down onto her bed, laid down on her back, covered her eyes with her pillow, and gave a sigh. Tonight was very interesting. She learned that the Leafe Knights would now be watching her and she should be on the lookout for anything suspicious from now on. She wished that she knew what was behind the new threat so that everyone could be happy. Speaking of happy, there was also Kei's unmistakable smile that Himeno had never seen, for the subject of Mawata when they were at the table. Then he wanted Himeno to tell her `hi'. And then when she want to Mawata, how she had a smile on her face when Himeno had mentioned Kei's name. Himeno sat right up and practically threw the pillow across the room. Standing up on her bed she started to dance in a circle.
 
“OH! My! GOD!” She shouted to the ceiling and fell back onto her bed. She was breathing heavy and she knew she shouldn't be thinking this, but it was inevitable.
 
Kei and Mawata have a thingI just know it!
 
*®*
 
A/N: hey! alright, sorry this took so long everybody! i really hope that you like this and if you have comment go ahead and tell me them because i want to hear them!
 
Himeno: what if they say something bad?
me: they can't say anything worse then what i hear from my sister
Himeno: why what'd she say?
me: she said `oh my god, why do you write if your not even good at it'
Himeno: but you can't write
me: thanks for building my spirit back up
Himeno: no problem
 
yea so if you have comments to give leave them and i'll try to get the next chapter in when i can cause you know school will be starting and then i'll never get this done.
 
THANK YOU!
thredaysgrac