Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ A New Disaster ❯ The Stormy Day ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: alright people! i am sorry that this took long i had a lot of stuff to do over the summer and then school started so it took a while. but i gots the new chapter for you and i really hope you like it!
 
Disclaimer! Pretear is not mine to own so please do not sue me!
but this story is all mine.
 
Chapter 6: The Stormy Day
 
Himeno woke up the next morning in such a good mood. She had a gut feeling that Kei and Mawata were having a thing for each other. She just didn't know though if she should intrude on the whole thing. Himeno paused and grimaced.
 
I think I'm turning into Yayoi…
 
Himeno walked out of her room to find Mawata standing across from her in her uniform. Mawata was looking down at the ground and holding her bag in front of her. Himeno smiled when Mawata looked up at her.
 
“I woke up a little early today so I thought I would wait for you in front of your door.” Mawata said pretty innocently as she smiled.
 
“So you still want to walk to school today?!” Himeno bubbled over when Mawata shook her head `yes'. “Great! This is awesome!” Himeno and Mawata laughed. “First things first though, I gotta eat something soon or I won't last.” Mawata tried to hide how much she was laughing, but Himeno saw through it.
 
“Himeno, do you always care more for food than anything else?” Himeno put her finger on her chin as if thinking very hard. It was true that Himeno loved food and it was all she thought about sometimes, but she cared so much more about everyone else. Since Mawata was joking with her Himeno just went along.
 
“Hey, I can't help it! I gotta eat, when I gotta eat.” Himeno joked as Mawata laughed again. Himeno and Mawata arrived at the table for breakfast to find Ms. Kuro and Mr. Tanaka eating breakfast. Myune was not there. Ms. Kuro looked up from her breakfast to greet them with a smile. The same one that Ms. Kuro gave Himeno the night before. The smile that seemed kind of dazed.
 
“Hello and good morning Ms. Himeno and Ms. Mawata. Please sit down and eat before you go to school.” Ms. Kuro said in that barely a whisper tone. Himeno ignored it and sat down with Mawata and ate breakfast. A little too much breakfast that had Ms. Kuro looking at Himeno as if to say `Where does she store it all?' When Himeno finished, her and Mawata said goodbye to Ms. Kuro and Mr. Tanaka. As they were leaving Himeno grabbed her bag by the front door, then walked out the door and then down the driveway. Himeno and Mawata talked about something's until Himeno brought something up.
 
“Ms. Kuro's nice isn't she? The very first time I met her though in the foyer yesterday, I thought she was gonna be tough, but then she was really soft on me leaving yesterday and coming back.” Himeno glanced at Mawata who had some sort of smirk on her face. “Hey, Mawata, what do you think of her.” Mawata gave Himeno a stare.
 
“Himeno, you weren't there yesterday when she spent all her time with me and Myune. She's really nice.” Himeno looked at the ground. She felt bad now, she felt like Mawata was trying to tell her that if she was around more, she would know these things too. Sometimes it felt as though home wasn't supposed to be a burden and Himeno was supposed to be able to be home when things were happening.
 
But there is being Pretear, and that keeps me away from home most of the time…
 
As Himeno and Mawata walked along towards the gates to school they found Yayoi sitting down on a wall surrounded by flowers. She was reading one of her romance novels that she loves so much. When she lifted her head and saw Mawata and Himeno walking toward her, she gave a small smile.
 
“Hey, why are you guys here so early?” Yayoi asked closing her book. “You know you have 20 minutes before school starts. You're never here this early.” Then she got this daze I her eyes like she has every time before she tells a romance story as a hunch. “Oh! Himeno! You're here because of Hyate aren't you?!” Himeno's face went as white as a ghost as Mawata looked at her in question. “He has driven you away. These feelings now, you don't know about them, you don't know how to explain them.” Yayoi made the Hamlet pose and Himeno picked up the book she was reading and gave a sigh.
 
“I knew it.” Himeno said as she saw the title of the book was `The Feelings of Uncertainty by Calgary Donned'. “When you stop reading romance stories like this and relating them to real life, let me know.”
 
“Himeno, come on, I can't pretend anymore can I?” Yayoi pouted. Mawata, still standing there, looked back and forth from Himeno to Yayoi and then started to laugh. The two girls looked at the blue haired girl and then started laughing too. Yayoi grabbed her book and then faced Himeno with a serious face. “Himeno, Goh told me about how their going to start keeping an eye on you.” Mawata's eyes went wide as Himeno put on a straight face. “Is the situation really that bad Himeno?” Himeno looked to the ground and kicked the dirt before she looked Yayoi in the eyes with a smile on her face.
 
“You worry too much, Yayoi. Everything is fine, and the Leafe Knights are just paranoid like they always are.” Himeno said still smiling.
 
I don't want her to worry…
 
When the bell rang they all headed inside and to their classrooms. Himeno couldn't help not paying attention during class to think about what Yayoi had said. When she asked Himeno if the situation had gotten that bad, Himeno just froze. Himeno didn't want Yayoi to worry, but she also didn't want to lie to her. Goh would tell her anyway, that little sneak. That doesn't change the fact that Yayoi should know about what is going on because she was there with Himeno the last time this happened. Himeno just didn't want her to worry. Although, Mawata knows something's up now too because Yayoi said it in front of her. Maybe Himeno should just tell them that she's scared of what might happen, but if she does, they'll all worry about it.
 
“Ms. Awayuki, please pay attention!” Himeno thoughts cleared as soon as she heard the teacher's voice snap at her. Himeno stood and bowed to the teacher.
 
“I'm sorry, Ms. Junict.” The teacher accepted the apology and class went on. When the class bell rang and the day ended Himeno made sure to stay clear from Mawata and Yayoi. She ran out of the school and down some different paths and then stopped at a street. She sat down. She knew that if a Leafe Knight was really watching her, they would come down to see if anything was wrong. So Himeno waited all of 2 minutes with her head down on her knees when she heard a bell sound. She looked up to see Goh and Kei in their knights' outfit. Goh was leaning down and examining her to see if she was hurt or if there was something wrong.
 
“Himeno, why did you just stop and sit down?” Goh said looking a little worried.
 
“You know that your face is extremely pale. Did something happen to you Himeno?” Kei said and Himeno got irritated again thinking about the whole Yayoi thing.
 
“Why did you tell Yayoi what we talked about last night?” She questioned him. Goh stood up straight and rubbed the back of his head not looking at her. Kei looked at Goh in question.
 
“You told Yayoi?” Kei asked.
 
“She called me after we dropped you home and wanted to know how the meeting went and I told her everything was fine. She didn't believe me and said that wasn't how it went. So I told her that we were going to have to keep an eye on you because we weren't sure if things were going to get worse or not.” He explained the whole time not looking at Himeno.
 
“Still if anyone should have told her, it should have been me, and you know that too Goh. That's why you can't look me in the eye.” Himeno stated very slowly as his voice dropped to close to a whisper as Goh looked at her.
 
“I know that you should have been the one to tell her Himeno.” Goh said apologetically. Kei couldn't be quiet now.
 
“Himeno, be reasonable. Goh told Yayoi, and I think that's okay.” Himeno stared at him in question as Kei went on further to explain. “Himeno you have a tendency to not tell people what's going on when it's something bad. You think its better to not have them worry about you. Think about it, if Goh hadn't told Yayoi, would you really have told her? Have you even told your family?” Himeno listened to his reasoning and agreed with it. She wouldn't have told Yayoi, and her family still doesn't know. Kei always knew what was going on and what the best solution was most of the time.
 
Great, now they think I'm not trustworthy enough to tell people….
 
“Your right Kei, I wouldn't have told anyone about it. You're right.” Himeno said. Kei backed off of his confident smile when he saw Himenos' head drop back down to rest on her knees.
 
“Himeno,” Goh said putting a smile on his face and acting very happy, “how about we go down to my restaurant and I'll give you as much as you want to eat? I'll put it on my paycheck.” As soon as Himeno snapped her head up with a wide grin on her face, Goh knew that he had gotten himself into something he didn't want to be in.
 
“Goh, I think your paycheck, is in some serious trouble.” Kei remarked and Goh gave an uneasy smile.
 
“Hey, as long as it will get her off my back, it's okay.” Goh whispered to Kei as Himeno skipped down the path towards the restaurant.
 
“HEY YOU SLOWPOKES!!!” Himeno yelled back at them. “ARE YOU COMING OR WHAT!!??” Kei and Goh looked at each other in terror. It was going to be a long sit in at the restaurant.
 
◦◦◦â&# 8212;¦â—¦â—¦â—¦â& #8212;¦
 
After they had gotten to the restaurant, Himeno ordered everything on the menu. Then she ordered everything again. Goh couldn't help but crying when he saw the total of the check. Kei just gave him an `I told you look' and let Goh cry it out. They took Himeno back home and she went up to her room. Himeno took off her school clothes and changed into her pajamas. It had been a long day, but at least she had something to eat. Himeno felt bad though for ordering as much as she did on Goh's tab, but he deserved it because he shouldn't have told Yayoi about what was going on. Himeno fell back on her bed and closed her eyes. She knew she had school work to do, but she didn't feel like wasting her time on something she didn't understand. It's just too hard to overwork the brain on something that's useless. Himeno felt like she could fall asleep right there, but something was holding her back. She opened her eyes to see a shadow on the wall. Himeno jumped up in her bed screaming.
 
“STALKER!! STALKER!!” Himeno shouted as she looked around the room to try to locate the person making the shadow. She found Hyate shaking his head as he stood against the wall. Himeno got annoyed with him.
 
He has some nerve showing up in my room at this time of night! I could have been asleep for he knew…I should tell him off…
 
“Hyate! What do you think you're doing here! It's a school night and it's too late to hang out anyway. So I'm wondering why on earth would you be in MY room at,” she checked the clock to make sure it was late, “11:54 at night!” Himeno noticed that her breathing was a little unsteady. So as she watched Hyate lift an eyebrow, she calmly regained an easy breathing pattern.
 
“Are you okay?” Hyate said very easily to her and Himeno's anger picked up again.
 
“That's all you have to say! You're not going to answer me?!”
 
“Is there some question that I have to answer?” Himeno was furious.
 
“That's it!! Get out of here NOW!!! You come here while I'm laying on my bed, nearly scare the heck out of me, and apparently there's no reason why you came here at all!”
 
“Himeno-” Hyate tried to talk but she cut him off because she wasn't hearing anything at this point.
 
“I don't care what you came here for now, just get out!” And with that she turned her back on him and crossed her arms over he chest. Now that she was calming down though, she started feeling bad about what she had said to him. Tears were forming in the corners of her eyes. She wanted to turn around and apologize, but as soon as she went to turn around, she felt two strong arms wrap around her stomach. She felt his head rest on her shoulder and it felt like she was carrying his weight.
 
“Himeno, calm down.” Hyate spoke softly into her ear and she shivered. “I came because I thought that you seemed a little bit down today with the whole Yayoi and Goh thing. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay and that you weren't going to go all psycho on me, but I see I cam do that just by appearing at the wrong time.” Himeno felt herself weaken. Hyate had always been the voice that she listened to when she got off track, him and the other Leafe Knights. He just always seemed to calm her down the most though.
 
Hyate…if only you knew what you really mean to me…
 
Himeno turned around and faced Hyate. She couldn't hold back how she felt right now. So Himeno let the tears that were forming in her eyes fall down her cheeks. She felt so horrible about today and felt horrible about talking to Hyate like that. Himeno wrapped her arms around Hyates' waist and cried. Hyate was smoothing her hair and trying to calm her down. He picked her up and carried her over to the bed where her placed her and pulled the covers over her. She looked up at him in question.
 
“Himeno, you're exhausted and need to sleep.” Hyate said as he placed a hand on her cheek. “Now I want you to sleep, Tulip-head.” He said smiling at her trying to get her tears to stop. Himeno started laughing at the remark and nodded a `yes'. With that Hyate got up, only to be pulled back down by Himeno grabbing his arm. Himeno looked as though she was going to start the waterworks again. “What is it Himeno? What's wrong?” Himeno made a large gulping noise and even though her voice was barely audible, Hyate could still make out the words as clear as anything.
 
“Please, don't leave me. I-I want you to stay.” Hyate placed a kiss on her forehead as he snuggled beside her.
 
“I would never leave you, Himeno. Never.” With that, sleep overtook the both of them and they slept until morning in each others arms.
 
◦◦◦â&# 8212;¦â—¦â—¦â—¦â& #8212;¦
 
Himeno woke up late the next morning with a headache. She sat up in her bed and realized that something was missing, or rather someone. Hyate was not beside her as she woke up and Himeno felt a twinge of sadness until she saw a note on the pillow next to her. Himeno picked it up and opened it.
 
Himeno,
The maids came early this morning and I had to leave so that you would not be ruined. I hope that you feel better this morning and that your tears are finished. You know where to find me if you need me, remember that all you have to do is say my name.
 
Yours,
Hyate
 
Himeno held the not to heart as she looked over and saw the tray of breakfast that the maids had brought in. She was disappointed that Hyate could not have stayed but was glad that she had food. Himeno went over to the tray and ate the food rather quickly. As soon as she was done, Himeno got showered and dressed for the day hoping that she could meet Hyate and thank him for what he had done last night. Himeno came out of her room and saw Myune walking down the hall in a sneaky way and not wearing one of her usual gaudy dresses. Himeno thought that she should go and investigate the situation. So, Himeno trailed Myune down the stairs, out the back door, and into the garden where Myune stopped. Himeno could see Myune looking around, almost as if she was waiting for someone. Himeno couldn't think of anyone who would meet Myune when all of a sudden Himeno heard someone call out something rather unexpected.
 
“Honey Buns, I'm here!”
 
Honey Buns?!?!?!