Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Concealed and Camouflaged ❯ Reminiscing ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Concealed and Camouflaged
Chapter 2: Reminiscing
 
It's just the first day and it already feels like a drag… Being social is definitely something I don't like to do. Aika thought to herself as she made her way into the classroom.
 
“Class, this is Ookami Imamoto,” the teacher, Ms. Hatsumoto, introduced Aika to the class.
 
Aika looked around, trying to make some of the foreign faces familiar. From what she could tell, the teacher liked the boy-girl seating system.
 
“Imamoto, why don't you sit between Kaidoh and Momoshiro? They're the only boys sitting next to each other,” Ms. Hatsumoto directed.
 
Aika nodded and sat in between the two boys. The teacher soon went on with the daily lesson and the class began to pay attention. Once Aika came back from going into her bag for a pencil, a paper note had appeared before her.
 
Aika opened it up, to find messy scribbling, or writing reading: I'm Momoshiro, but call me Momo. Next to you is the Anti Social Snake. Don't mind him though he's always callous dolt. Aika looked up and Momo winked playfully at her. Aika froze; she had no idea of how she was suppose to react to this. Instead, smiled at him weakly and looked away.
 
“Shameless flirt,” Kaidoh murmured.
 
Aika snorted, much to the attention of Kaidoh and Momo. She looked at the two and noticed that they were attempting to glare holes into each other's head. She covered her mouth to stifle her laughter. Kaidoh looked away, his face blushing slightly. Momo grinned at Aika's laughter. Maybe it won't be so bad after all. Aika thought to herself.
 
 
(:O)
 
“Damn, I'm so late. Where is class C204? Ger, I could never find things well. Man, I'm so screwed if I'm late, I'll probably look like an idiot,” Meachan grumbled to herself.
 
She turned corners and moved down skillfully through hallways between socializing students, but she only found herself being encircled by students in a never-ending maze.
 
“For a school this big, they ought to have maps for the little peoples,” Meachan sighed in defeat but continued to crane her neck to read the classroom numbers on the side of the door.
 
On the other side of the hallway however, blue eyes glowed cunningly as the owner of the irises dodged the students in the hallway with unimaginable speed. His cat-like reflexes made him look flawless at his movements. But there was only one thing that held him from his own perfection.
 
-Oomph! -
 
And ladies and gentlemen, was to keep his eyes open for what was right in front of him.
 
“Nya! Now I can't surprise Oishi! And I wanted to get him back! Humph!” Eiji Kikumaru once again began his childish complaints and like a child, it took time to register that plowing over a girl had stopped him from tackling and scaring the pants off of Oishi.
 
“Nya! Are you ok?” Eiji began to get spastic, the girl groaned.
 
She was lying on her belly. Black hair that had highlights of pink and copper brown covered her face. The girl huffed a sigh and got up, groaning again.
 
“Dammit, that freaking hurt!” Meachan stated to herself as she rubbed her back.
 
“Nya! Hello? Are you ok?” Eiji repeated again a `little' more loudly, while gaining the attentions of a few onlookers.
 
“Yeah I'm fine. Don't worry, I won't die…yet,” Meachan replied sarcastically.
 
Her stuff lay on the ground everywhere, and it didn't help that people didn't stop to help her, but trampled over it instead. Meachan huffed a sigh and began to pick her things up.
 
“Let me help nya!” Kikumaru suggested as he went over and picked up her other scattered items.
 
“No, no, it's ok! I got it,” Meachan shouted from the other side.
 
Kikumaru ignored her last remark and picked up the last of the books and papers and carried them over to the girl. He looked down, since he was tall, several inches taller then the girl. Her face looked familiar as blue met brown. For a moment they stood there, inspecting each other's faces. Then Kikumaru looked on her wrist and noticed an ever-familiar silver chained wristwatch on her forearm.
 
“Hey! You're that one gir-” Kikumaru began.
 
-BRING-
 
“Aw crap it's the bell! Sorry, gotta run!” Meachan took up her stuff and scrambled down the hallway.
 
(:O)
 
“Physical Education, the evil of all cruel, contemptuous things!” Emma declared as she changed into her P.E. clothes.
 
“It's good for you! If you don't, you'll get fat, and then you'll die of a heart attack from all the nasty fat that's clogging your poor arteries. And then your poor children will get fat and suffer the same fate and your husband will be the poor skinny widow with no life,” Chie pointed out.
 
“All of that just because I skipped P.E.?” Emma stated.
 
“Yes, now move my lovely!” Chie commanded and playfully slapped Emma in the butt.
 
“I'm going to kill you if you make us look like lesbians again!” Emma shouted as she ran after Chie.
 
“Oh Emma, I love you!” Chie cried as she frolicked hurriedly down the hallway to the gym.
 
“She is so dead,” Emma mumbled to herself as she continued the chase.
 
(:O)
 
“I got you,” Emma said smugly as they sat down for their next class, which was Skills for Life Advanced.
 
“It's only because I love you Emma darling! Why can't you understand that?” Chie said and pretended to sob.
 
Suddenly, two boys sat down at their table. One had spiky, black hair and wore square glasses; the other was wearing an easy going grin with his eyes closed.
 
Emma looked up, and noticed the boy with the laid back grin and then stated loudly, “You!”
 
The class went dead silent and stared at their table.
 
“Yes you peoples! Don't you understand when a woman is trying to make her point on the democratic rights of our people? You guys are freaking idiots!” Chie stood up with Emma with one fist in the air; her eyes bore challengingly into the other students.
 
There was an awkward silence and within the next heartbeat they went back to chatting.
 
“Chie, you're so freaking awesome,” Emma remarked as they both sat down.
 
“Only for you baby,” Chie said, while trying to make her voice sound masculine while flexing her eyebrows.
 
Emma laughed and said, “Whatever you say dear.”
 
The boys stared at them strangely, until the teacher arrived with a loud bang from the door closing.
 
“Hello class! Today I am going to introduce you to your new project,” the teacher paused and she slumped a sack of flour onto the demonstration desk and continued, “Your new project, is that you and a partner pretend to be a couple and this will be your baby. Each day I will write on the board the baby's reaction, and as parents, you guys will have to make the baby relax. Not only that, but the baby will be under your eyes every 24 hours. Which means, you're taking it home. This project will consist of three major grades, which will be added up at the end of the 3 weeks term. The first one is how well you as a couple work together, the second one is how well you take care of the baby, and the last grade is at the taken at the end of this project. The grade will be based what shape your poor, tortured child is in.”
 
The class groaned, but the teacher continued to smile brightly, it seemed she was quite the chipper.
 
“Let's see. Well, it looks like there are two boys and two girls at every table! So pick your partner, and make sure it's someone of the opposite gender. Well now isn't this just a lucky day! It seems that everyone in this class has someone of the opposite gender sitting in front of them! So I guess that'll be your partners! Ok, today, we'll do something simple, it's the middle of the night, and your baby is crying. What are you going to do?”
 
Chie and Emma glanced up and met the eyes of their partners. Chie had gotten the boy with the glasses, while Emma had the boy with brown hair.
 
“Looks like we have the same fourth period Fuji-sempai,” Emma observed.
 
“And it looks like we'll be married for the next three weeks,” Fuji commented.
 
The two smiled at each other as they stood up to receive their `child'.
 
“Hello I'm Liu, Sango, junior! Nice to meet you, and who are you?” Chie pulled at hand out.
 
“Inui, Sadaharu, senior,” he replied, pushing up his glasses and then shaking Chie's hands.
 
“Let's go get our baby,” Chie commented and dragged Inui up to the demonstration desk.
 
(:O)
 
“Aika, Meachan, Emma, Chie…where are you guys? I feel so lost,” JungAh muttered to herself as she looked down the cafeteria for her four friends.
 
“JungAh!” Meachan waved her hands from a table.
 
JungAh sighed in relief and joined the table. Noticing that everyone was there and a few other boys.
 
“My ladies, you're all here I see,” JungAh joked as she sat down next to Meachan and hugged her.
 
JungAh glanced upwards and hers eyes locked with Tezuka.
 
“Hello again Tezuka-sempai!” JungAh greeted joyously and gave him a smile.
 
Tezuka nodded and went back to his food. So macho... JungAh thought to herself.
 
“Nya! You guys scoot over!” Kikumaru made his entrance as Oishi scooted over.
 
Making Kikumaru sitting in front of Meachan.
 
“Nya! It's you! From that time at the festival!” Kikumaru cried.
 
“Ah! Eiji-kun!” Meachan clapped her hands together, “It's been what, a year? Wow, it's great to see you again! Do you still have that wristwatch?”
 
“Right here!” Kikumaru pulled down his sleeve, revealing a silver chained watch.
 
“Oh ho, Mea- I mean Pinkster, is there something you haven't been telling us? Something between Pinkster and Kiku-sempai neh?” JungAh nudged Meachan lightly and the rest of the girls gave Meachan a slanted stare.
 
“Oh, yeah! I met Eiji-kun awhile back when I came to Japan during summer vacation,” Meachan replied.
 
“Oh, so there's a tragic romance involved isn't there?” Chie sighed dramatically.
 
“No, no. It's actually really funny, but embarrassing for Eiji-kun,” Meachan chuckled.
 
“Tell us please!” JungAh pleaded, she put her lip out and made it tremble with her eyes wide and pathetic looking.
 
Meachan laughed and said, “How can I resist that, I'm sure Eiji-kun wouldn't mind if he saw your face to. Any ways, let's see. It was about a year ago. I felt trapped, so I went out…”
 
(:O)
 
Meachan slammed the door and stormed her way out of the hotel. The sun was setting and not too many people were out. She relaxed and walked towards the park. She felt restless; being cooped up in a foreign room wasn't exactly her idea of fun. She sighed; she'd gotten a haircut, but felt dissatisfied with it. As if there needed to be a little more to it. Shrugging at the thought she continued her way down the trail on the park. She went uphill as the trail went up and then heard yelling.
 
“Move nya! I can't control my skates! Waaah! It's going too fast! Move! Move! Move!” Eiji Kikumaru had recently been given new skates by his sister and he felt the need to ride them.
 
He wasn't a bad skater, it's just that he had a different type of skate, and he hadn't adapted to it yet. He held an ice-cream cone in his hand and was speeding downhill. This trail wasn't too familiar to him, and when he realized that he was going downhill, poor Eiji was a little too late.
 
Unforuntely, Meachan was spacing out. Kikumaru's shouting didn't register until she felt something collide into her, and a cold sensation sliding down her shirt. Kikumaru lay in a mess on the ground. His ice-cream cone had been crushed when he crashed into Meachan. Meachan was sitting on her bottom and was trying to get herself up.
 
Kikumaru noticed that he had trampled over poor Meachan. He stood up unsurely, but made his way slowly.
 
“Are you ok?” he asked worriedly.
 
“Could be better, but I'm just fine,” Meachan grunted and picked herself up.
 
“Nya! Your shirt is ruined! I need to make this up to you! Um, how much is your shirt?” he offered.
 
“No, no. It's ok. I can just get it washed. No harm done right?” Meachan replied.
 
“But I ran over you and spilled my ice-cream all over your shirt,” Kikumaru cried.
 
“No, it's really ok. I'll just go back and change,” Meachan brushed the dirt from her pants.
 
“Hmm, I know! There's a festival tonight! How about I take you there and try to make it up there!” Kikumaru suggested.
 
Seeing Kikumaru's stubborn expression, Meachan decided that there was no way out of this, “Ok. A festival sounds fun.”
 
“Nya! Well, let's meet back here in one hour, `kay?” Kikumaru implied.
 
“Alright, one hour it is!” Meachan grinned and made her way back to the hotel.
 
(:O)
 
“So you pummeled her over?” Momo asked.
 
“No! I just lost control and ran into her,” Kikumaru defended quickly.
 
“Let's get on with the story,” Oishi remarked.
 
(:O)
 
It seemed as if Aika was sick, so she couldn't make it to the festival. Meachan walked down to the park. She was wearing pink yukata, with white cherry blossoms imprinted on it. Her sash was a dark red and she decided to tie her hair back half way. Her sandals clicked each time her foot met the ground. Eiji seemed like fun, and there was nothing else to do. She might as well have all the fun she could have before she would leave tomorrow.
 
Finally, she came across the point of which Kikumaru trampled her and waited. Not too long later, she could hear a clamor of someone running and saw Kikumaru huffing his way down hill. He was also in a yukata with purple, black, and white stripes.
 
“Hoi hoi! I'm here, let's get on now,” Kikumaru remarked.
 
“Alright, show me the way!” Meachan stated.
 
While on their way to the festival, Kikumaru and Meachan continued on briskly with their small talk. It wasn't hard for Meachan to realize that they were at the festival. Bright lights shined as the loud chatter of people could be heard.
 
“Wow! This is awesome! Let's go and play some games!” Meachan cried and dragged Eiji all the way down to the game booths.
 
“I've got it! I know how I'll make up spilling ice-cream on you!” Eiji's eyes shone with confidence.
 
“How?” Meachan inquired.
 
“I'll try to get you a prize!” Eiji replied.
 
“That sounds fair,” Meachan nodded.
 
They continued to chat until a certain booth caught Meachan's eyes.
 
“I've always wanted to try this game!” Meachan took out her money and paid for her try.
 
The game had a bucket of water. In the bucket were balloons with thin strings attached to them. The player had to pull the balloon up with out letting the string tear. Glued under the balloon was a number, and the number signified which prize they won.
 
“Yuss! I got 23! Which prize is 23?” Meachan handed the man her balloon, and in exchange he gave her a fan.
 
“I wanna try!” Kikumaru handed the man his money.
 
After two balloons, he gave up. This pattern continued at each game booth. Meachan won a prize and Eiji got a rather dinky prize of didn't get one at all.
 
“Eiji-kun, let's try this booth, it's an easy game. Just try to get the ball into the holes. The smaller the hole, the more points you get,” Meachan suggested.
 
“Ok, I will definitely get you one here!” Eiji declared.
 
“Whatever you say,” Meachan giggled.
 
“Nya! What's that suppose to mean?” Eiji exclaimed.
 
“Nothing, just play. You know what, I'll give this a try to!” Meachan challenged.
 
They both handed in their money and received five balls. The end results of a game…
 
Meachan won a gigantic teddy bear.
 
Eiji on the other hand received a strange looking cat.
 
“It's ok. It's cute…in it's own way I guess,” Meachan patted Eiji on the back.
 
“Here you can have this teddy bear. I honestly don't want it,” Meachan handed the teddy bear to a crestfallen Kikumaru.
 
“Really? Ok!” Eiji hugged the poor teddy bear.
 
Meachan laughed. He still needed some growing up to do.
 
“You're absolutely pitiful. Can't win a single game for a lady,” a voice called from behind them.
 
“Nya?” Eiji turned.
 
A boy was tall and had silver hair that was spiked up. He was wearing a black yukata with a white sash. He had an enormous plush dog doll slung over his shoulder.
 
“What the hell do you want?” Meachan barked.
 
“My, my, feisty aren't we?” the boy teased.
 
“You ass!” Meachan retorted.
 
“Now, now, don't worry. I'm only challenging the boy next to you,” the boy remarked.
 
“What do you want?” Kikumaru asked.
 
“A challenge to a game of tennis. I know who you are Eiji Kikumaru. You go to Seishan Gakuen, a junior. I've heard that you are quite good, a regular even. Here's my demand. We play on the girl. I win I get the girl as my date. You win, I leave you alone and the girl gets the doll,” the boy informed Kikumaru.
 
“Hey! Whoever said you guys could use me as some sort of prize! I am not your bitch retard!” Meachan hollered.
 
“You say that now, but you'll go head over heals when you ditch Kikumaru over there,” the boy laughed.
 
Meachan growled.
 
“I accept,” Kikumaru replied.
 
“What!” Meachan shouted, “I thought you were my friend! And now you're selling me off?”
 
“No, just trust me. This guys obviously underestimating my skill,” Kikumaru reassured Meachan.
 
“Fine,” Meachan continued to steam, but something inside of her, told her that everything was going to be ok.
 
“Alright, then. Follow me, I know a place where we can rent supplies and play,” the boy sneered.
 
They followed him down to a recreation building and got their supplies. The boys stood on their opposing sides and played.
 
“I'll take first serve,” the boy announced.
 
“Go ahead,” Kikumaru replied.
 
Well he's on the right side of the court… So if I aim at the other side, it'll be harder for him to get, the boy thought to himself.
 
“Will you hurry up!” Kikumaru shouted.
 
The boy was now embarrassed and served as he planned to. Kikumaru smirked at this and jumped into the air, his body twisting. Kikumaru's racket slammed into the ball, hit right next to the boy, and went out.
 
Meachan's eyes widened at this. He was good… He really was good! She felt slightly guilty for doubting him and felt flushed with happiness.
 
“Eiji-kun! You can do it! Kick his ass for me!” Meachan cheered.
 
Kikumaru grinned broadly. He felt a sudden rush of adrenaline fill his veins, and he just couldn't stop smiling. Within fifteen minutes, the boy was done and beat, 0-6.
 
“Nya! I won!” Kikumaru shouted.
 
“Kikumaru you were so great!” Meachan joined in his triumph.
 
The boy stood up. He was sweaty and humiliated. This moron isn't going to get away will ruining me like this! He raised his racket and grasped the tennis ball tightly in his hands. He bounced the ball and slammed his racket into it. The ball flew and smacked Kikumaru in the cheek.
 
“Nya!” Kikumaru cried and fell back.
 
“Eiji-kun, are you ok?” Meachan ran to his side and touched his cheek.
 
“Owowowowow!” Kikumaru grabbed his cheek sorely.
 
Meachan grew angry with this. She stood abruptly and stormed over to the boy. She jabbed a finger into his chest and shouted,
 
“Listen you sorry excuse of a man! I've had enough of your shitty attitude! It's enough that you try to win me over a game, and it's just as bad as for you to go around and throwing that fucking ball at Eiji-kun over there! And you know what-go to hell!”
 
-WHOP-
 
The boy fell to the ground with a black eye. Meachan grabbed the plush dog and flung it at the boy.
 
“Take the damn dog, cause I don't fucking care! Let's go Eiji!” Meachan commanded.
 
Kikumaru nodded unsurely but followed suit. He waited awhile until Meachan seemed safe enough to approach.
 
“Why didn't you take the dog?” Kikumaru asked.
 
They were now sitting on a bench and Meachan came back with a cold egg from one of the cooking stands and began to rub it on Kikumaru's face the ease the swelling.
 
“Who wants a dog that jerk won? He probably stole it from some poor kid,” Meachan answered, “And besides, you beating him and me kicking his ass is more then enough for pay back. Besides, I think the cat is cuter.”
 
This took a moment for Kikumaru to register. And then suddenly, he began to laugh. Meachan looked at him strangely, but then couldn't help but to laugh also.
 
“Hey look! There's a couple game over there! Let's go play!” Meachan declared and dragged Kikumaru with her.
 
(:O)
 
“So you went off and played a couple game with Eiji?” Emma asked.
 
“Well, the prizes were really cool,” Meachan replied.
 
Everyone sweat-dropped at this.
 
“Continue please!” JungAh requested.
 
(:O)
 
“Wow, we won watches! These look really expensive to! Here, Eiji-kun take one,” Meachan held her hand out with the other watch.
 
The watch was a real silver Tiffany's watch. It was clasped together with two silver chains, and the centerpiece was a round circle. Basically, an expensive couple watch.
 
The two were now walking back to the park. Eiji sporting his humongous teddy bear, and Meachan with her sentimental mini prizes, which she insisted was just a meaning as the big prizes. They made it to their stopping point and stood there in silence for a moment.
 
“So do you have AIM, MSN messenger, and email?” Meachan asked.
 
“Nope,” Kikumaru answered truthfully.
 
“What are you deprived?” Meachan stated flatly.
 
“No, just busy,” Kikumaru replied while rubbing the back of his head.
 
“Well, you know what that doesn't matter. We'll meet again one day, right? After all, we have watches,” Meachan said with confidence in her voice.
 
“Of course nya!” Kikumaru remarked.
 
“Bye Eiji-kun!” Meachan waved.
 
“See you again sometime!” Kikumaru waved back
 
They went their separate ways.
 
And about halfway home did Eiji Kikumaru realize one of the most incredibly stupid things he'd ever done in his life.
 
“I forgot to ask for her name nya!”
 
(:O)
 
Everyone was snickering.
 
“Hey, it was an eventful night, it's easy to forget something like that,” Kikumaru defended himself once again.
 
“Of course Eiji-kun,” Meachan giggled.
 
“Which reminds me, what is your name?” Kikumaru asked the prolonged question.
 
For a moment, Meachan hesitated. Truly, she felt the desire to tell him that her name really was Mizuka Ishimaru, but she went by Meachan… But there were other things going on, that were dire. For a moment, she wished she could just go back home and be herself again.
 
“Imamoto, Pinky, junior,” Meachan answered.
 
Introductions went on, and so did an entire session of getting to know each other and pleasant chitchat. And then the bell rang, and they all scattered.
 
(End of Chapter 2)
 
This was fun to write! :3 Hope you guys had fun reading! Haha, enjoy yourselves and please review! I'm on my knees here! [whimper] Much love my readers, and don't hesitate to come back!