Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Holding hands ❯ Holding hands ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, how is everyone doing? XD this is Shia1 speaking. 3
I wrote this as a random tiny little drabble. Basically it's how I see Ryoma if he would be confronted with the reality of all his teammates being homosexual except for himself.
Title: Holding hands
Rating: PG 13 for mentioning of teh mansex 3
Pairings: Perfect pair, Golden pair, Inu/Ren, Momo/Kai, and a little bit of Thrill Pair. XD
Warnings: Homophobia. X
-------------------v------------------------
"...Every one's changing." Ryoma replied, looking at the ground with his uninterested expression.
All that came from Kaidoh was a complying 'Ah', before he watched the other take a sip of his ponta.
There was always silence between these two. And each time it got a little looser, each time thinner. Gradually, in a very slow motion, like morning fog dissipating in the sunlight.
Each day Ryoma would wake up in the morning, pet his cat and leave his home. On the way, he'd find Momo, and go with him to school, arriving late as usual.
He was still one of the normal ones.
Fuji would stare at Ryoma during morning practice for a while -you couldn't know what he truly wanted, he hid his life under that simple smile.- and then walk off, touching Tezuka's shoulder.
If nobody was watching, the usually blank faced captain would twitch a half smile at the touch. Then remain completely serene and as expressionless as before.
Then Eiji'd sparkle in his acrobatics, as he played with all he could, even if it was practice. When Oishi gave a soft smile and some words of encouragement it seemed the red-head's cheeks turned a little redder, besides being sweaty. Sometimes Eiji stole a kiss from Oishi, in the middle of the field, shamelessly, making the other blush terribly and glance around for stares.
Everyone knew but no one talked about it. And when they did their mouths fell silent the second after, it was too weird... too wrong.
Ryoma hated it, as well.
He knew of the relationship Takashi -the one that was most normal of the bunch at first sight- had with that scary cabbage head from Yamabuki. Ryoma's golden eyes had caught them between matches, and even if their lips were locked and they both didn't have any pants or underwear on, Ryoma just passed by...
Passed by and almost huffed angrily.
It was too much information, too much for Ryoma who didn't want to care.
And there he was, now, a gray day, sitting right beside Kaidoh, cap covering his face and sipping his grape Ponta.
"...they were holding hands." He said, with a soft, almost whispering tone. "...it's annoying."
It wasn't very usual to Echizen to begin a conversation, but this time it didn't count. Kaidoh gave his usual hiss mixed with a sigh.
Recently Inui had been skipping some meetings on weekends. He came back only at night, it seemed, sometimes even going away Friday night and coming back Sunday night.
Today Echizen had caught him with Yanagi something, from Rikkai-Dai Fuzoku.. On a school day, to be more precise, though it was Friday again and they'd probably wander off together.
"...It isn't...very normal to hold hands."
"...ah." Kaidoh replied, once more, looking at the ground again. He heard the sound of another Ponta can being opened, probably Echizen was more nervous than usual.
Ryoma definitely did enjoy these small moments of normality he spent with Kaidoh -or with Momoshiro, for that matter, that was one that would never become like his sempais- even if he didn't talk much.
It was almost comforting, to know he wasn't the only one that wasn't queer. He wasn't shunned by not being that way, nor did the others disrespect him. But Ryoma had a dislike for... for what they did. As much as he didn't want to talk about it or ignore it, the fact was that most his teammates were fags -rather the whole Tennis community, it seemed- and they didn't bother to hide it at all.
Ryoma looked up, as the sound of steps was invading his ears. A hidden smile took his lips, his other normal sempai had arrived and had an enormous grin on his face that quickly turned into a smile.
Momo looked at Kaidoh for a while, silently, and then at Ryoma, who had gotten up. Probably the other wanted to go home together or something, like it was almost their ritual to--
"Echizen." Momo began, giving a smile. "...could you..." He gestured towards the snake like teen on the bench, who was looking away again, silently.
Ryoma didn't answer. He picked his things and walked away, throwing the half finished Ponta to the side, making it fall right inside a trash bin.
When he looked back at the others, just a glance, as they were sitting beside eachother, their fingers tangled together. Kaidoh looked away... they were holding hands.
And then Echizen left the Academy. His left hand felt strangely cold, so he held it with his other one.
He could only hold hands with himself now.