Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Princess of Tennis ❯ [chapterthree] HIMITSU ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Princess of Tennis [Fan Fiction]

[chapterthree]

UMPIRE:: The 1st single match starting… Minamori Ran from Fudomine and Saehara Ryuuka from Seigaku, please step into the court..

UMPIRE:: One set match. Fudomine Naoe to serve.

RAN:: Ready.. I will not holding back…

RYUUKA:: I don't expect you to..

The match finally started. Nase serve a very fast ball toward Ryuuka [to be accurate the ball is target to hit Ryuuka's face]. Fortunately, Ryuuka manage to dodge it on time…

RYUUKA:: Is this your initial serve that I've heard before… It's not that go… [suddenly touching her face] What's this? Itte..

UMPIRE:: 15 love

MIKA:: What's that? There's a scratch on Ryuuka-san face.. But I thought she managed to dodge the ball…

MII:: [shocked] I thought so… But why?

RAN:: Shocked?

RYUUKA:: [confused] Why did the ball managed to hit my face? I thought I dodge it on time.

RAN:: Yeah, guess you really did. But I didn't you realized that the wind pressure of the ball alone is enough to hurt you. I told you. You better give up. I'm way too tough for you to handle.

RYUUKA:: No way I'm going to give this up.

RAN:: It's your own choice..

The match continues.. Ran is using the same technique to serve the ball and Ryuuka try to dodge the ball from hurting herself. She succeed but this time the ball didn't hurt her face but….

RYUUKA:: [shocked as her hair suddenly fall on her shoulder] My hair…

MIKA:: … her scrunchie is like…

YURIKO:: …cut off…

HANA:: …just like that…

MII:: Ryuuka, she's really good… You know yourself, just dodging the ball like that will never work. What will you do, Ryuuka?

UMPIRE:: 30 love

RAN:: How's that? I told you just give up this game. If the best thing you can do is dodging the ball, you'll lose. There's no point in continuing this match…

RYUUKA:: Just shut up and serve.

Ran is using the same service technique but this time… as the ball flew toward Ryuuka, Ryuuka suddenly jump on her feet, launching herself into the air and return the ball in the upside down position to avoid the pressure from hurting her again… Unfortunately….

RAN:: Mada mada.. I still can do this… [as she return the ball using dropshot]

MIKA:: Oh no. She never going to make it.

MII:: Yeah, it's impossible to retrieve the ball in her position right now.

RYUUKA:: [monolog] Dameda.. It's not working.

The match continues on and Ran is in control of the whole game as she keep scoring using the same skill no matter to serve or return the ball.

UMPIRE:: Fudomine Minamori leading. 4 games to 1.

RYUUKA:: [monolog] What am I going to do? I'll lose if I can't figure something out. Maybe I can use that technique but it's not a 100% success..

Ran serve again. As the ball flew toward Ryuuka, she return the ball upside down but this time instead of landing on the ground, Ryuuka continue to spin herself in the air to move forward approaching the net and return the ball.

MIKA:: How did she do that? That's crazy..

TOMOKO:: [suddenly woke up] That's Diving Volley. She's been practicing that for the one whole week. Never thought she can actually use that in a real match.

MII:: Diving Volley? Sound interesting.

As Ryuuka finally figure out how to deal with Ran's skill, the match become more interesting as both player showing their skill one by one. But as the match continues on, Ryuuka finally taking control of the whole game..

UMPIRE:: 40 love. Seigaku Saehara, match point.

RAN:: Teme, I'm not giving up like that. Take this.

Eventhough Ran's serve is quite good, Ryuuka easily return it with her Diving Volley and move forward to approach the net but this time instead of returning the ball using dropshot, Ran purposely return it with high drop thinking that it might be impossible for Ryuuka to return it.

TOMOKO:: Ryuuka, can you make it?

Ryuuka, on the other hand, instead of running after the ball, she launch herself high in the air and catch the ball. As the ball hit the racquet, Ryuuka suddenly spinning herself wildly in the air while holding the racquet. In result to her spin [Spinning-Leaf], the return ball is unbelievably fast and spinning wildly before hitting the ground which make it almost impossible to see.

UMPIRE:: 6 games to 4. Seigaku win.

RYUUKA:: [exhausted] ……

RAN:: Congratulation, Ryuuka-san. I can't believe that I can play with someone talented like you. But next time we meet, I'll make sure I'll beat you.

RYUUKA:: Thanks but no thanks. There's no way I'm playing against someone like you again. That suicide. [smiling] You're really awesome.

RAN:: [shocked] You think so? Thanks.

TOMOKO:: [hugging Ryuuka] Yeah, you win… Oh my gosh, we did it.

MIKA:: We finally make it into the final.

MII:: Omedeto, Ryuuka-san. Look at your face, it's full of scratches..

NAOE:: Yeah, let me put some plasters on your face.

RYUUKA:: Thanks a lot, guys. [suddenly her cell phone rang] Oro? Hello, Saehara speaking… [sounded happy] Oh, it's you. Yeah, the match is over and we won. What? You wanna see me? Okay.. Okay.. See you there.

TOMOKO:: Who's that?

RYUUKA:: No one. Just a friend. [rushing] I gotta to go now.

MIKA:: What? Where are you going? I thought we are going to celebrate our win somewhere.

RYUUKA:: Gome.. but can we do that some other time, please. I really got to go now, it's important..

MII:: Yeah, you better make up next time or else I'm going to tell them about you and Yuu…

RYUUKA:: [throwing her racquet to Mii] No need to remind me. Next time, the dinner is on me, okay?

MII:: Hait… that's sound cool…

In school…

TOMOKO:: Ok, guys. You all gonna came tonight, right?

HANA, YURIKO:: Yeah, not gonna miss it.

MIKA, NAOE:: Absolutely.

MII:: Yeah, whatever. What's the party for anyway?

TOMOKO:: For the 100th time.. This party is to celebrate Ryuuka after coming back here, okay…

MII:: Hait..hait… wakata..

TOMOKO:: Yeah. Hana, since you're one class with Momo and Kaidoh, can you please invite them? And Mika, you're one class with Fuji and Eiji, please invite them too. Umm..let me think.. Hah..Mii-chan, Ryoma is your brother so please invite him too.

MII:: Did you really have to invite Ryoma? He's no fun, you know?

TOMOKO:: As long as your brother is a Seigaku regular, he'll be invited..

MII:: If like that, I'm going to make him NOT a regular at Seigaku, can I? And can I invite my friends from Hyoutei too?

TOMOKO:: [Tomoko ignoring Mii]The other guys, I'll invite….

RYUUKA:: Ohayo..minna what are you doing here, with all those papers?

MIKA:: [panicked] Umm…Preparing for exam, I guess.

RYUUKA:: Preparing for exam? [confused] But I thought exam is not until the next two months, right?

TOMOKO:: Yeah, we always like to prepare a little early.

RYUUKA:: So tomorrow night is on? Can I bring Yuki along?

HANA:: How did you know about the par….[Tomoko covering her mouth]

TOMOKO:: You mean the dinner? Yeah, it's on and bring anything you want. By the way, who's Yuki?

RYUUKA:: [suddenly rushing] Okay, there goes the bells.. I've got to go to class.

TOMOKO:: Oooii… you think I am deaf or what? How come there's bell when it's already after school... Oooiii, who's Yuki?

MII:: [look boring] Ignored her.. Maybe it's her bear or something..

TOMOKO:: She has a bear name Yuki? I think it's more like a guy name. [thinking for a while] Yeah, maybe it's her bear name.. Whatever..

The next night at 8

EIJI:: Wow… this party rocks.. Ryuuka sure going to be happy.

FUJI:: Ummph… sure she is. She's lucky to have friends like them. Don't you think so, Tezuka?

TEZUKA:: Huh…

FUJI:: Why did you look so pale? You're still nervous to see her off-court?

TEZUKA:: [staring at his glass] Masaka, I'm just…

FUJI:: [smiling]….

HANA:: Wow, sugoi. You did a really great job, Tomoko-senpai.

TOMOKO:: Arigato. Where's Ryuuka? Don't tell me she's not coming. It's already 8.15 pm.

MIKA:: Chill. She's going to come. She never miss going to a party since our first grade.

RYUUKA:: [suddenly barging in] Hi..guys. Sorry that I'm late.. Oro, why is there so many people? I thought it's just a small dinner.

ALL:: ….SURPRISE….

TOMOKO:: Sorry. Actually we've been planning to do a surprise party for you. Hope you like it.

RYUUKA:: Gosh.. you guys are so great.. [hugging them and pointing to the guys team] You guys are also here. Ah, Yuuta, you're here too. [patting Yuuta's head] You are so big now. When the last time I saw you, you're only this small. Oh, yeah.. You didn't enter Seigaku and instead you entered St. Rudolph. Why? You think St. Rudolph is better than Seigaku, huh?

YUUTA:: [nervous] Sorry. I never think that way demo….

FUJI:: He love challenge. Where the challenge if he is still in the same school as his brother? We didn't have a chance to compete each other in the tournament but I really wish I can play you anytime soon.

YUUTA:: Aniki…

RYUUKA:: Yeah, I guess so. Wow, you're different. Now you love challenge because I still remember that you even cried when we all go bungee jumping. You remember that, Fuji-kun?

FUJI:: Yeah, How can I forget it? He doesn't stop crying until we bought him ice-cream and candy..

RYUUKA:: Yeah and that time he was already 12. Ah.. that's funny.

YUUTA:: [blushing] Yamero.. you guys.

RYUUKA:: Talking about that… I've got someone to introduce. [dragging someone in] Meet him…

YUKI:: Hajimemashte..

EIJI:: AHHHH… Omae wa.. SEIICHI YUKIMURA, Rikkaidai's captain.

YUKI:: AHHHH.. it's you.

TOMOKO:: AHHH… it's Ryuuka's big bear..

[All blur for a minute]

TOMOKO:: Joudan.. joudan..

RYUUKA:: [confused] You know each other?

YUKI:: [talking to Eiji] No, I don't know you.

EIJI:: So what's with [imitating Yukimura] " AHHH.. it's you" thing if you don't even know me?

YUKI:: Just to spice thing up.

RYUUKA:: Whatever. Meet my boyfriend, Seiichi Yukimura.

ALL:: [shocked] NANI???

RYUUKA:: Sorry I didn't tell you earlier cause I try to find the right time to tell you guys about him.

TOMOKO:: But since when?

RYUUKA:: Almost one and a half year, when I am in Germany.

TOMOKO:: Nani? Almost one and a half year and you finally think this is the right time? You disappoint me as your best friend..

RYUUKA:: Suman..suman..

TEZUKA:: [Looking shocked and very frustrated] …

FUJI:: [worried] Tezuka… [saw Tezuka trying to hide his gift for Ryuuka]

TEZUKA:: Tomoko-san. Hope you don't mind but I've got to leave early. Ryuzaki-sensei wants me to do something for her. I'm just drop by here to wish Ryuuka-san welcome back.

RYUUKA:: Umm… thanks.

Tezuka then leave the party and Fuji followed him from behind. Fuji then saw Tezuka throwing the gift that he assume Tezuka want to give to Ryuuka at the first place.

FUJI:: [picking the gift] I think I should just give it to Ryuuka-san if this can help them.

TOMOKO:: Okay, since our main guest is here, let just start our party.

EIJI:: Yeah. Let's dance.

Suddenly a bunch of weird guys came crashing up the party…

TOMOKO:: WHO ARE YOU? And look at what you've done to my door..

MII:: Ahh.. I forgot to tell you that I invite a couple of my friends over. [pointing to them] From left, it's Mukahi Gakuto, Yushi Oshitari, Otori Chotaroh, Akutagawa Jiroh, Hiyoshi Wakashi and…[searching for someone]…

OTORI:: Sorry, Atobe and Kabaji couldn't make it…

MII:: How can they make it when I don't even invite them? Yeah, whatever..

GAKUTO:: [approaching Tomoko] Hey there, cute girl. [acting handsome] Dance with me.

TOMOKO:: [ignored Gakuto] I don't have to date a short guy like you. I prefer that guy [pointing to Yushi] He's handsome, tall and mysterious. Isn't him perfect?

YUSHI:: [approaching Tomoko] Wanna dance with me?

GAKUTO:: Ahhh… Yushi. That's not fair.

5 minutes later, Tomoko's door was smashed…

TOMOKO:: AGAIN??? Now, who are you?

AKUTSU:: [throwing Tomoko's stuff at someone] Take this, take that and [taking Tomoko's TV] ….

TOMOKO:: NO.. my TV. My parents gonna kill me for this..

AKUTSU:: And take that… [satisfied] That's what you get playing with me..

TOMOKO:: JUST WHY DID YOU DO THAT???

AKUTSU:: Who are you? What are you doing here?

TOMOKO:: The question now is WHO ARE YOU??

AKUTSU:: Orewa Akutsu… Akutsu Jin dasou..

SENGOKU:: Ahhh.. lucky. There's a party here.. [carrying Tomoko's broken TV] Sorry that your house got involved in our fight.. Now, let's forgive and forget. Wahh.. that's look delicious.. Umbasou.

TOMOKO:: ……

Then suddenly the door bell rang…

RYUUKA:: Let me get that…

TOMOKO:: No need to. The door was already smash, isn't it? Who's there. Just come in.

ANN:: Hi.. I am just dropping by to a take a look at the party. Nanda? I don't know you invite so many people..

TOMOKO:: ..because I DON'T invite them..

MOMOSHIRO:: Oro? You're here too, Kamio.

ANN:: He's the one who's been tagging along to me, saying want to protect me from Momoshiro-kun.

MOMOSHIRO:: What did you mean protecting her from me? I think you mean protecting her from yourself…

KAMIO:: Teme… You stole my bike once and ran over your partner..

MOMOSHIRO:: Yeah, so what if I did ran over Kaidoh? It's not your busin…

KAIDOH:: So, it's you who ran over me that day? Teme.. I just can't believe you did that..

MOMOSHIRO:: [panicked] Just calm down a little, snake..

KAIDOH:: [getting really angry] Teme.. you asked for this.. [beating up Momoshiro]

FUJI:: Mika-san, where's Ryuuka?

MIKA:: [blushing and then suddenly ran away] IYA…

FUJI:: [confused] Oro, did I say something wrong?

TOMOKO:: Mika-san, stop. Why are you running like crazy?

MIKA:: [blushing] Well, you know. Fuji-kun asked me where Ryuuka-san is.

TOMOKO:: So? He's just asking you where Ryuuka-san is. Then why are you running? [confused] Excuse me, I don't see the connection here..

MIKA:: [over-excited] That's the first time he asked me something. Maybe after this he's gonna ask me to a date. Wouldn't it be cool?

TOMOKO:: [weird expression] Yeah, that would be very cool.

MII:: Ryoma, where are you going?

RYOMA:: Home, of course. This party is boring.

MII:: As long as this party is not over, you're not going home or else…

RYOMA:: Or else what?

MII:: I don't think you even want to know. So, go ask someone to dance with you. Look, Sakuno-san is over there.

RYOMA:: Why did I have to do this?

MII:: [smiling evilly] You better do it before something bad happen to you..

RYOMA:: Okay..[approaching Sakuno] Ryuzaki-san, do you want to dance?

SAKUNO:: [blushing] Ummm… yeah.

MOMOSHIRO:: That's what we called youth. I envy them so much.

EIJI:: Yeah, me too. Ahhh.. that's Mii-chan alone. I better go ask her to dance with me. I don't want to end up alone like you.

MOMOSHIRO:: Eiji-senpai…. Mou..

FUJI:: Ryuuka -san.

RYUUKA:: Yeah.

FUJI:: This.. [handed out the gift]

RYUUKA:: What's this?

FUJI:: [whispering to Ueno] Tezuka asked me to give you this.

RYUUKA:: Tezuka? Umm.. thanks Fuji-kun for handing this and…say thanks to Tezuka too, on my behalf.

FUJI:: [smiling] Yeah, sure.

Everyone is enjoying and having a good time at the party. Oishi has been blushing all night dancing with Yuriko and Haname, Ryoma dancing with Sakuno, Eiji with Mii-chan has been laughing all night, Kawamura is so busy preparing the food for the party [thanks!] while Sengoku has been trying really hard to finish all of them [hey, leave me some food, too], Kamio [angry] watching Ann dance with Momoshiro, Yukimura dancing with Ryuuka, Kaidoh alone [like he always does], Inui collecting data [I don't know what kind of data he possibly can get here] , Mikami has been trying to ask Fuji to dance with her [but Fuji don't dance] and Tomoko dancing with Yushi [with Gakuto staring at them jealously]

That night after the party is over.. In Ryuuka's bedroom…

RYUUKA: [unwrapping Tezuka's gift] This…this necklace…I can't believe that baka still remember my stupid promise.

Two years ago….

TEZUKA:: [went in the girls court] Ryuuka-san, you done with the practice?

RYUUKA:: Yeah. Why don't we go somewhere and eat. All this trainings are making me SUPER harahetta.

TEZUKA:: Yeah, me too.

[On the way to the burger shop, they pass by a jewellery shop]

RYUUKA:: Kire.. that necklace. It's so beautiful. I swear if a guy buy that for me, I'm going to date him right away..

TEZUKA:: [staring at the necklace] …

RYUUKA:: Tezuka, daijoubu? Why are you staring at the necklace like that? It's scary.

TEZUKA:: Umm, nothing… [smiling] Just wondering why girls always like fancy stuff like that.

RYUUKA:: Mou… Girls wouldn't want to date guys like you if you keep thinking like that..

RYUUKA:: Tezuka..[pointing at a kid who was crossing the road] That kid. OMAE WA.. CAREFUL….. [jump to save the little kid]

TEZUKA:: Ryuuka, it's dangerous.

[Fortunately Ryuuka manage to save that little kid]

RYUUKA:: Kids, what's your name? Where's your mother? Why are crossing the road alone?

KID:: [crying]…

RYUUKA:: [touching her knees] Itte… it's hurt.

TEZUKA:: [worried] Daijoubu desuka? It's better to take both of you to the hospital.

One week after the accident. When they were training….

TOMOKO:: Ryuuka, your play today is very bad. [worried] Are you 100 percent sure that you're okay???

RYUUKA:: I'm okay. I think I'm just a little tired. [monolog]: But it's weird, I feel a heavy burden on my left leg. Is it because of the bruise that day? No way, that's just a small cut and even the doctor said it was nothing. Forget it, I'm just worrying over nothing.

RYUZAKI-sensei:: Saehara-san, can I talk to you privately in my office?

RYUUKA:: Haittt, sensei…

In Ryuzaki-sensei's office…

RYUZAKI-sensei:: Ryuuka, about your knees… um..

RYUUKA:: What about my knees. If you're going to ask me whether it's okay or not, I'm perfectly fine. I think I only need some rest cause I'm tired. Sensei you're like the 100th persons today who ask me that but thanks for worrying.

RYUZAKI-sensei:: No.. it's not that. [sigh] I am really sorry to say this but the x-ray report shown that there's a crack on your knees' bone. You can't play tennis for quite sometime unless you…… [suddenly stop]

RYUUKA:: [shocked] What? I mean… the other day…. The doctor… My knees… [crying] I can't believe it. Tomoko, you know about it?

TOMOKO:: Yeah, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier cos I think it's better is Ryuzaki-sensei told you herself. I'm sorry…

RYUZAKI-sensei:: [try to calm Ryuuka down] Ryuuka, it's okay. Take this…[handling a brochure to Ryuuka] This is a speciallist hospital for atheletes all around the world in Germany. I really hope you can go there because I don't want to lose you as my best player in the future. You can discuss this with your family.

RYUUKA:: Demo… what about our team? I don't want to let them down like that…

TOMOKO:: Ryuuka, what's the point of you being here if you can't help us win the championship. If you go, I'm sure you can catch up with us and lead us to the championship one day. And don't worry, trust us. We are not kids. Beside, Rie-senpai [captain at that time] is really an outstanding player. Sure, it will be quite hard without you around but I'm pretty sure she can handle this and I'll promise I'll help her as much as I can.

RYUUKA:: [smiling] Yeah, I guess so. I should never doubted Rie-senpai.. Thanks and I'll promise I think about this. Ja, itekima..

RYUUKA:: [monolog] I have to go there or else…[holding her tennis racquet] I can't play tennis anymore… But how am I going to tell this to everyone else…especially Tezuka… [shaking her head] Why am I thinking about him? He's nothing more than a good friend…. Even if I tell him my true feeling, nothing's gonna change… I'm sure he never thinks of me that way… Wonder if he's going to stop me from going? [sigh] Never going to happen, I guess. Better forget it…