Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Princess of Tennis ❯ [chapterfive] MII, MYSELF and AIRIE ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Princess of Tennis [Fan Fiction]

[chapterfive]

After sending Yukimura home, Ryuuka heads home…

RYUUKA:: Wow, tonight is so warm. [passing by a park] Wow, the star is so beautiful.. Better sit over there. Umm.. this place haven't changed at all. [sigh] Tezuka, Tomoko, Fuji and me used to hang out here all the time. I wish I can go back ther… Tezuka-kun..

TEZUKA:: Ryuuka-san, what are you doing here? It's already late.

RYUUKA:: Just hanging out. What about you?

TEZUKA:: Can't sleep so I better have a walk somewhere…

RYUUKA:: Of all places and you choose this park.. I mean this park is like miles away from your home.

TEZUKA:: Yeah, weird isn't it? I want to go somewhere else but my feet just brought me here..

RYUUKA:: Yeah. Oh… mite mite [look]..[pointing to something] A shooting star… Let's make a wish. [closing her eyes and making her wish]

TEZUKA:: [staring at Ryuuka]…

RYUUKA:: Are you done with your wish?

TEZUKA:: Yeah, I guess.

RYUUKA:: [suddenly serious] Why? Why don't you tell me anything?

TEZUKA:: What do you mean?

RYUUKA:: I mean, when I told you my real feeling, you say nothing. [almost crying] You remember when we saw the shooting star that day? I just wish you stop me from going or something…

TEZUKA:: But I…

RYUUKA:: It's kinda hurt. [suddenly smiling] That's why I'm glad Yuki is there by my side. I'm sorry that I rush like that. I guess I must have said it without thinking.. I mean it must have affect our friendship, isn't it?

TEZUKA:: [staring at the ground] No, it's okay..

RYUUKA:: Tezuka-kun, daijoubu desuka? You look different.

TEZUKA:: Yeah, I guess so. So why don't you tell me how you met Yukimura?

RYUUKA:: Did you really want to know? It's kinda boring but I'm glad I met him. It's been really hard being there alone without anyone you knew. And there he is, he help me a lot, support me. I hate it when I can't play tennis for a while and he really understand me.

TEZUKA:: I am happy for you.. [looking at his watch] It's late already. I better get going now.

RYUUKA:: Oh, yeah. I guess so..

The next day at training…

RYUUKA:: We got exactly like 8 days from our next match with Hyoutei. So starting tomorrow, we have to assemble here at 5 am every morning to have our morning practices everyday..

MIKA:: [shocked] NANI???? What are you talking about? 5 am? BAKA or what?

RYUUKA:: Umm.. let me think. What… Yeah, whatever but the main point is we got to win this to make it to the national, wakatta desuyo?

ALL:: Wakatta, captain..

MII:: [sounded sleepy] Haitt.. wakatta. Can we play now?

RYUUKA:: Yeah, but you..

MII:: [suddenly interrupted] RYOH-chan.. What are you doing here? My birthday is not until next year, you know?

RYOH:: [blur] Yeah, I know that. Just come here to give you this.. [handed Mii something]..

MII:: [ROMANTIC MOMENT] [Yeah, SO-called romantic moment] Wow, what's this? [unwrapping the thing] [shocked] What? This is my racket… Why are you giving me my own racket? I just don't understand…

RYOH:: Yeah, whatever. You left it when we're on the way home, remember? When you sleep halfway the road that I have to carry you back..

MII:: Oh, yeah. That one. That's so hillarious, isn't it?

RYOH:: [laughing] Ha..ha.. ha….[serious] No, it's not funny. Oh, by the way, you put on weight. I think you better diet. Well, I better get going now or I'll be late.

MII:: Sonna!! [Oh no] [kneeling on her knees] I don't know what to do now…

MIKA:: Ryoh-kun. Matte. There's something I want to ask you that has been bothering me for years.

MII:: Oi.. Mika-san. Eventhough you don't have a boyfriend that doesn't mean you can steal other's, okay?

MIKA:: Who want to ask THAT kind of question? Well, I've been wondering how did you guys met?

RYUUKA:: Yeah, how did you guys met? I am not trying to be rude, but Ryoh-kun with Mii? I feel somewhat strange.

TOMOKO:: Wow, you think so too? I thought so. It must be Mii threatens Ryoh to be her boyfriend.

MII:: [angry] Hoit.. Chotto matte. What kind of girl did you think I am?

Ryuuka: Did you really want to know?

MII:: [her expression change] Not really.

RYOH::[interrupted] Okay, guess you guys also want to know.

All fell silent. Only Ryoh's voices could be heard.

RYOH:: Well, it's started in the winter, when the ice started to melt making way for the flowers to blossom..

RYUUKA:: [smacking Ryoh's head] Oi… stop talking about Geography. Can you start your story now?

RYOH:: : Okay… Well, it's start one day when I was walking home. I use the same road everyday, you know passing by the forest or something like that and that's when I heard a girl screaming for help. [imitating a girl's voice] `Help me'…

RYUUKA:: And then, what happened?

RYOH:: So I check it out and I found out three girls and a guy….

TOMOKO:: [interrupted] Oh, let me guess. You save the girls and one of the girls happen to like you and that's Mii, right?

RYOH:: No.. it's not like that. You know the girl I mention just now is actually a part of our school biggest gangster. So…

RYUUKA:: You try to beat them but you are the one who get beaten up at the end?

RYOH:: No… I tried to run away and a tiger came out of nowhere started attacking me...

NAOE:: [confused] So, it's that why you ask Mii to be your girlfriend?

RYOH:: Not really. She's my girlfriend because….

ALL:: NANI?? NANI?? NANI??

RYOH:: … because I ask her for a date..

MIKA:: Because you ask her for a date?

RYUUKA:: So, what is it going to do with that girl, guy and tiger, then?

RYOH:: Oh, that one. It's got nothing to do with our meeting actually..

[All in disbelief]

TOMOKO:: Why did you even bother telling us story that got nothing to do with how you guys met…

RYOH:: Oh, that just for fun. My story is too short so I think I want to make it a little longer..

ALL:: [still in disbelief]

RYUUKA:: So that's how you guys met? Unbelievable…

TOMOKO:: [feeling disgusted] You guys are so weird that I don't even feel like smacking you guys right now.

RYOH:: Mii. Bye. Got to go now. See you tonight at the theatre at 7.

MII:: Bye.

8 days finally passed by and there comes the semi-final match against Hyoutei Gakuen…..

TOMOKO:: Ryuuka-san, did you already decided our team line-ups?

RYUUKA:: [`please forgive me' face] …..

TOMOKO:: [gotten angry] NANI??? You mean you haven't decided yet? What were you doing last night when I ask you to?

RYUUKA:: Don't blame me. I was on a crisis last night. I can't decide whether to wear the blue sneakers given by Yuki or the the blue sweatshirt given by Yuki..

TOMOKO:: Why did you even think about that? Why don't you just wear both of them?

RYUUKA:: Yeah, that's genius. I can wear sneakers and sweatshirt all at the same time… Thanks Tomoko-san. You just solve my biggest crisis.

TOMOKO:: Whatever. Forget about it. Well, Mii, what you think?

MII:: I don't know but their single players are really awesome especially the captain. I never played her but she's really good. I can tell.

TOMOKO:: So, what about me and Mii-chan play the first double, Mika-san and Naoe-san play the second double and finally Ryuuka-san playing the third single. I mean if we win in the first three sets, we don't have to play their captain, right?

RYUUKA:: Yeah, I love that. That's brilliant.

MII:: Yada. I don't want to play doubles. Please let me play single. I don't care. Please.

TOMOKO:: Demo…

RYUUKA:: Wow, she's so energetic today. Let her be. Let her play the 3rd single, it's okay.

TOMOKO:: Demo, who's going to pair up with me?

RYUUKA:: Me… I mean it has been a long time since we last play doubles together, right? It would be fun.

TOMOKO:: Yeah.. That would be like old days, right? Is it okay with you guys?

ALL:: Hait..

RYUUKA:: [energetic] Yeah, so let's grab our ticket to the final TOGETHER…

While Mii…

MII:: [monolog] I am going to prove it to you, Airie. I am not going to lose today. I am going to win along my new team…

So, they are walking toward the court when…

AIRIE:: So there you are, Mii-chan. I thought you were not going to be here with your `new' team considering you have runaway once…

MII:: It's a pity that I'm here and my `new' team is going to kick your butt..

AIRIE:: Yeah, whatever. If you're that good, show it to me…

MII:: [ignoring her and walk away] I am not going to waste my time here with you when I got a championship to fight for…

AIRIE:: Teme…

RYUUKA:: Who's that butt-ugly girl? She's so rude..

TOMOKO:: Wait, isn't she Hyoutei Gakuen captain?

MIKA:: Yeah, I think so. After all she was wearing Hyoutei's uniform.

MII:: Yeah, she's Hyoutei captain.

RYUUKA:: So, why did she's talking to you like that? I mean, you guys are originally teammates, right?

MII:: No, she never thought me as her teammates. She treat me like garbage.

HANA:: You mean, she throw you into a dustbin once? That's really rude

MII:: [smacking Hana] Chigau.. that's not what I mean.

A while ago, in Hyoutei Gakuen school ground…

MII:: Airie-san, just please let me play singles. I don't care which one. I mean, I passed the the test and defeat all the former singles player. Why can't I play singles?

AIRIE:: You can't. I told you, you're not qualified enough to be a single player.

MII:: So, play with me.. You never play with, how can you decided I'm not qualified enough?

AIRIE:: I said no.. I mean it..

MII:: Really? Or maybe you just scared that I might defeat you one day and take your position as a captain. You just can't stand there might be some other people who is better than you, am I right? And you are still mad about Ryoh-kun asking me out instead of asking you…

AIRIE:: How dare you said that to your captain.. From now on, you're expelled from the tennis club.. You understand me? I never want to see your face here again…

MII:: Yeah, it's better than being in this useless tennis club, anyway… I promise I will defeat you one day…

AIRIE:: Yeah right. If that day happen, I am going to kneel right in front of you.. But that's never going to happen…

MII:: You'll never know..

MII:: So, that's why I want to play as a single player this time. This is important to me. And thanks for giving me a chance..

RYUUKA:: Wow, I never thought there would be such a person alive.

TOMOKO:: Yeah, as for that, we promise we will defeat Hyoutei Gakuen no matter what it takes…

ALL:: [full of enthusiasm] DEFEAT HYOUTEI GAKUEN….

Umpire:: The first match is starting. The second doubles palyer please step into the court. The second doubles between Seigaku, Naoe Nase and Nakano Mika and Hyoutei Gakuen, Takamichi Shela and Mizutani Kin, please step into the court..

NAOE, MIKA:: Hajimemashte…

SHELA, KIN:: Hajimemashte…

UMPIRE:: One set match.. Hyoutei, to serve.

The match end very soon than expected…

UMPIRE:: 6 games to 2. Seigaku win..

RYUUKA:: What? The games already ended?

TOMOKO:: Wow, that's fast.. Is that team only that good?

MII:: Yeah, that just WAY too fast… What happened to them?

MIKA:: Naoe-san, don't you feel weird? The match seem so short..

NAOE:: I know.. To me they seem pretty weak that any other girls I ever fight before..

RYUUKA:: Congrats, you guys.

MIKA, NAOE:: Thanks.. Good luck to you guys, Ryuuka-san, Tomoko-san..

RYUUKA:: Thanks.

TOMOKO:: Let's go fight for our national dream…

UMPIRE:: The first doubles pair, Seigaku Saehara Ryuuka and Himawari Tomoko and Hyoutei Gakuen Miyamoto Yuna and Kinomoto Kana, please step into the court..

YUNA, :: Don't cry when you lose later.

KANA:: We'll bring back some postcard from the national for you guys..

RYUUKA:: Thanks but no thanks. We'll buy the postcard ourselves, nee Tomoko-san?

TOMOKO:: Hait.. There's no way we're going to lose here. We still have a long way to go.

UMPIRE:: One set match. Seigaku Himawari to serve.

Eventhough the match just started, both teams already use their best and fatal skill to bring their opponent down.. Then..

TOMOKO:: High drops.. Ryuuka, CHANCE..

RYUUKA:: Hait.. Tomoko-san, IKOU [GO!!] ….

Unbelievably, Tomoko step onto Ryuuka's palm that give her enough push to jumps high into the air to return the high drops….Tomoko without hesitation, then using her fatal skill, `Bullet Smash' where the ball was smashed 90° [I mean almost 90°] vertically sending it straight onto the ground giving no chance to the opponent to strike back…

UMPIRE:: 6 games to 3. Seigaku win.

RYUUKA:: [excited] We did it.. I can't believe we pull that stunt out. It's so dangerous..

TOMOKO:: Yeah, did I step on your hand too hard?

RYUUKA:: Not hard enough to crack my bones… [suddenly] ITTE, my bones..

TOMOKO:: Are you okay? Oh my gosh, don't tell me, you hurt yourself by pulling that skill..

RYUUKA:: I don't know, I guess so. ITTE.. it's hurt..

MII:: Ryuuka-san.. Tomoko-san, we better take her to the hospital right away.

TOMOKO:: What we? There is no we.. You still got a match to catch, remember? Just let me send her to hospital.. You guys stay here and call me once the match ended. GANBATTE, Mii-chan..

MII:: [smiling] [Yeah, it's a first time I saw Mii actually really smiling] Umm.. I never let you down..

UMPIRE:: The third single match is starting. Both players, Seigaku Echizen Miihara and Hyoutei Gakuen Yuri Airie please step into the court..

MIKA:: NANI? AIRIE is their third single?

YURIKO:: I thought she is their captain. Why did she play as the third single?

HANA:: I think that their strategy too. Stopping our win in the middle of the match..

NAOE:: Yeah, like that going to stop us..

MIKA:: Yeah.. [screaming] Mii-chan, GANBATTE…

While in the court…

AIRIE:: Shocked?

MII:: Why would I? I should be happy that I finally can play you…

AIRIE:: Yeah, hell with that. I am going to make you lose..

MII:: Not before I win..

UMPIRE:: One set match. Seigaku Echizen to serve..

Mii serve an unbelievably powerful ball…

MIKA:: Isn't that…

YURIKO:: SCUD SERVE???

NAOE:: But look at that…

But Airie easily return the ball to Mii. Mii try to return the ball but her grip suddenly weaken by the speed of the ball and her racquet fall onto the ground…

AIRIE:: So, giving up already?

MII:: This match is far from over. Mada mada..

Yeah, as the match continuous on, Mii show such an excellent play and determination that she won the match after a long -rally like match..

UMPIRE:: 7 games to 5. Seigaku win.

UMPIRE:: Seigaku qualified to enter the national after winning 3 match to 0.

MII:: How about that? Still going to kneel in front of me?

AIRIE:: [still feeling proud] What are you talking about? Kneel? You just improved a bit… You still not my rival. Still far from it.. Next time, you're not going to stand a chance against me, you'll see.

MII:: No next time again for you. You're too weak for me. I don't have time for someone pathetic like you.

AIRIE:: You're going to regret it, believe me..

MII:: I hope I can believe that but you've lied enough…

HANA:: Omedeto, Mii-chan.

MIKA:: Yeah, we make it into the final finally.. [dialling Tomoko] Hey, Tomoko-san, we won. We make it into the national. So, how's Ryuuka-san?

TOMOKO:: [in the phone] She's fine. I think maybe just a twist or something. She overdid it a little in the match just now..

RYUUKA:: Hey, I heard that. Where did I overdo? You putting on weight, then you try to blame me instead…

TOMOKO:: Just shut up or I'll break all your bones. Okay gotta go now. Bye.

MIKA:: Ja matane..

The next day…

NAOE:: Tomoko-san, where's Ryuuka?

TOMOKO:: [sad expression] I have bad news for you guys..

MIKA:: Nani?

TOMOKO:: Ryuuka-san, she's…

FUJI:: [suddenly appear] How's yesterday match? Sorry none of us could come.. [realizes something is wrong] What's up with you guys? Something's wrong?

TOMOKO:: It's Ryuuka-san. Apparently, doctor said there's a crack on her hand.. She need operation again…

ALL:: [too shocked to talk]…

TOMOKO:: I feel bad for her. I don't want her to go through that all over again. That's all my fault..

MIKA:: Stop blaming youself…

That evening, after Fuji tells Tezuka about Ryuuka's injury…

RYUUKA:: How did you know about this?

TEZUKA:: Fuji told me. Are you okay?

RYUUKA:: Not really. Feels really bad. But thanks for coming, it's really make me feel better.

TEZUKA:: Where's Tomoko-san?

RYUUKA:: I thinks she's out to buy some cookies and stuff for me… She keeps blaming herself for what happened to me.. I just don't want her to feel bad about this. After all, it is my own fault..

TEZUKA:: She's just worried about you. She is your bestest friend, right?

RYUUKA:: Yeah, demo… [suddenly someone interrupted]

TOMOKO:: Ryuuka-san, here is the passport and the tickets to Germany, tomorrow morning flights for yuu… Oh, Tezuka-kun, you're here. What a surprise..

TEZUKA:: [asking Ryuuka] Passport and tickets to Germany for you? TOMOKO:: Chigau.. it's a misundersta…

RYUUKA:: [interrupted] Yeah, I am going back to Germany tomorrow morning.. I need the operation as soon as possible, because I've been hoping to play in the national…

TOMOKO:: Ryuuka-san..

TEZUKA:: But tomorrow morning is just too sudden..

RYUUKA:: No, it's not that sudden. If I stay one more day here, what can I do? It's not like there is something important that left here for me to do..

TEZUKA:: Demo..

TOMOKO:: Tezuka-kun, enough of that.. Are you trying to stop her from going?

RYUUKA:: Yeah, are you?

TEZUKA:: [nervous as both of them staring at him] No. not really. I'm just saying that you haven't told anyone yet esp. your friends, right? So, I think that kinda rushing.. Why rush, it's not like the hospital is going somewhere..

RYUUKA:: [Ryuuka holding her laptop while Tomoko holding her cellphone] Not really.. That's why we need technology.. I can call or mail my best friends whenever I want to.

TEZUKA:: Yeah, guess so. [looking at his watch] It's late already, I have to go. So, good luck there and ….

RYUUKA:: And what?

TEZUKA:: … and hope you heal soon. Can't wait to play you again.

RYUUKA:: Yeah, me too. [shaking hand with Tezuka]

After Tezuka leaving…

TOMOKO:: The passport and tickets for you? That's genius. So, at what time are you going to the airport tomorrow?

RYUUKA:: [laughing] Plane take off at 8 am, so I'll guess we will be going to airport at 6 am..

TOMOKO:: Okay, I'll inform everyone else. Hope this one work..

RYUUKA:: Yeah, hope so..

Hanazaki Ueno

~the freaks crew~