Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ The Truth Behind BET ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter Twenty-Four
 
Outside Kawamrua Sushi, Seeshin and Tezuka arrive at the same time.
"Tezuka-kun?" Seeshin speaks in surprise.
"What are you doing here?" Tezuka asks, just as surprised.
"Mizu called and said they needed me down here," Seeshin explains.
"Fuji did the same thing," Tezuka sighs.
"Oh joy, I wonder what kind of trouble our teams are getting into without us," Seeshin shakes her head.
Inside, the two teams strike up a conversation while they await the arrival of their captains.
"So, why'd you guys join the tennis team at your school?" Momoshiro asks.
The girls exchange nervous glances, but Kurai simply answers.
"Our school strongly enforces tennis," she states, leaving it at that.
"Yeah, I bet, especially with the name that it has," Oishi smiles.
"Mm-hmm, I bet you guys have more members than you can count," Kawamura nods.
Once again, the girls trade nervous glances.
"So, why are you guys participating in the boy's tournaments? You do know that there are girl tournaments as well, don't you?" Kikumaru presses.
"Tennis isn't as popular at B.E.T. as you think it is, Kikumaru-kun," Kurai speaks up. "When you have a school that focuses a lot on tennis, many people lose interest in the sport. Contrary to popular belief, the eight of us that you see at the tournaments are the only members of the B.E.T. Tennis Club. We participate in the boy's tournaments because there's more recognition for that than the girl's tournaments."
"Kurai!" Shinzoo and Akari shout in shock.
"What? It's the truth. Why hide it? None of us here are really on the team because we want to be," Kurai states. "Hikaji was forced to join in order to keep her anger under control. Mizu had to join to balance out Hikaji's anger with her happiness, plus she's just too happy and has too much energy. Chikyuu and Koorai were dragged onto the team so that we would actually have a team. Captain Seeshin joined for a scholarship. These two nutcases joined because they wanted to do something together and all the other clubs only had one opening. And as for me, I joined because of my parents."
Silence falls on the restaurant at the sound of this news.
"Well now, that was a lot to share all at once, Kurai, you're not normally so open," Seeshin breaks the silence from the door.
"Captain!" both teams greet, noticing that both Tezuka and Seeshin are standing there.
"So, what's the big emergency?" Seeshin asks, eyeing Mizu.
"Um, the sushi's getting old and the time zone for playing Truth or Dare is shrinking," Mizu answers.
Seeshin sighs, "All right."
With that, the BET captain walks over and sits at one of the tables.
"What about you, Captain Tezuka?" Horio asks tentatively.
Tezuka turns around and the members of Seigaku groan. Akari and Shinzoo, however, are stubborn, so they zoom over to the door and block his path.
"You can't leave yet, Tezuka-kun," Akari states.
"No kidding, the game hasn't even started yet," Shinzoo whines.
"So, let's play!" Akari and Shinzoo shout together as they turn Tezuka around and start pushing and pulling him over to the table.
The Seigaku team watches, shocked.
"That's our two little weirdoes," Mizu teases.
"So, who's gonna start us up on this lovely game of Truth or Dare?" Chikyuu asks.