Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ First Kiss ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter 26
First Kiss
 
Round and round the bottle spins, where it stops nobody knows. Will it land on a B.E.T. regular, strong and brave? Or will it land on the regulars of Seigaku, determined and durable? Yet, there is still the chance of it stopping on one of the younger Seigaku members, curious and clue.
All eyes are on the bottle as it spins. Round and round, round and round. There seems to be no end in sight to the spinning.
"One hundred, one hundred and one, one hundred and two, one hundred and three," Akari's voice suddenly sounds.
"One hundred and four, one hundred and have, one hundred and six, one hundred and seven," Shinzoo continues.
"What are they doing?" Momoshiro asks, curiously.
"Counting the rotations," Chikyuu smiles with a shrug.
The ticking of the clock is the only sound heard, with the exception of the breathing, the WHOOSHING of the bottle as it spins and Akari/Shinzoo's voices as they count. Beads of sweat begin to form on the heads of Kaidoh, Horio, Sakuno, Kachiro, Katsuo, and Kikumaru.
Suddenly, a low growling sound joins in the ranks of noises as Hikaji's face begins to scrunch up and her hands ball into fists.
"WOULD SOMEONE SHUT THAT DAMN CLOCK OFF!" she shouts in high annoyance. "AND YOU TWO, STOP THAT REDICULOUS COUNTING! YOU'RE DRIVING ME INSANE!"
"Hikaji," Akari whines. "I'm getting dizzy!"
"Me too! I think I'm gonna be…" Shinzoo agrees as her face turns extremely pale.
"OH NO YOU DON'T! IF YOU'RE GONNA GET SICK YOU'RE GOING OUTSIDE, DAMN IT!" Hikaji demands as she gets up and grabs Shinzoo by the wrist, dragging her towards the door.
"I'm not gonna make it," Shinzoo complains.
"Oh yes you are," Kaidoh shouts as he gets up and starts pushing her out the door.
"Kurai, where's a bucket?" Akari asks as she attempts to stand up. "My stomach feels all bubbly."
Suddenly, she begins to fall backwards a bit.
"Akari," Kurai gasps as she gets up and grabs her friend by the shoulders.
"Gotcha," Fuji's voice comments.
Kurai looks up to see that Fuji had also jumped up to catch her.
"I've got her," Fuji assures Kurai.
"No kidding, you're not going anywhere, Kurai," Koorai states. "If you go anywhere, Akari and Shinzoo will be sad when they feel better."
With that, Fuji carries Akari to the restroom area and Kurai is forced to sit back down.
Through all of this, the bottle just keeps on turning.
"Hey, guys, it's stopping," Momoshiro points out.
Sure enough, the bottle slows to a stop. It lands on the empty place where Akari once sat.
"Well, we can't very well start a game with someone who's not here," Chikyuu points out.
"So, let's spin it again," Mizu smiles as she spins the bottle.
This time, the spin doesn't last long, and it stops on Tomoka.
"All right!" she celebrates.
"Let's see, according to the rules that Akari and Shinzoo put into place, you're supposed to kiss the person you want to start the game," Mizu points out.
"I know, I know," Tomoka says, annoyed. "And I know exactly who I'm going to pick, too!"
"Tomo-chan," Sakuno stutters, as she tends to do when her friend is getting too excited about something.
Tomoka stands up and walks around the table to where Momoshiro is sitting. Then, with a huge smile on her face, she throws her arms around Ryoma's neck and plants a kiss right on his lips.
"I choose Ryoma-sama!" she announces as she clings to him and rubs her cheek against his with a big smile on her face.
Due to the added weight on Ryoma, the first-year falls backwards with a blush on his face; that had definitely been his first kiss.
"Tomo-chan," Sakuno blushes double-time, unable to believe that her friend had just done that.
"What? Ryoma-sama's the best!" Tomoka points out, now practically lying on top of Ryoma.
"I can't breathe," Ryoma comments as he attempts to straighten out his white hat in order to hide his blush.
"All right, Echizen," Momoshiro laughs as he reaches down, grabs Ryoma by the shoulder and lifts him into a sitting position again, leaving Tomoka on the floor.
"Well now, that was rather enthusiastic," Koorai points out.
"No kidding, plus Echizen got his first kiss out of it," Momoshiro teases.
"Who said it was his first?" Mizu asks.
"Oh, come on, Mizu, you can tell by that cute little blush of naïve-ness," Chikyuu points out.
"Blush?" Mizu cocks her head.
"Yeah," Momoshiro laughs as he rips Ryoma's hat off, "see?"
"Oh, you're right," Mizu smiles.
"Momo-senpai," Ryoma complains as he attempts to snatch his hat back.