Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Right Motivation ❯ First practice of... ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

First Practice of…
After school was tennis. Ryusaki-sensei had called Kiruha and Tezuka to her office. Tezuka came in first, but Kiruha wasn't. They waited which Tezuka didn't really mind, but was disappointed. They heard rapid footsteps approaching. Kiruha opened the door and immediately bowed. “Sumimasen Ryusaki-sensei.” She was out of breath.
“Where did you coming from to be so out of breath?” Ryusaki-sensei asked out of curiousity.
“Inui-senpai asked for some assistance in the lab across campus.” Both face turned kinda pale.
“Did he make you drink anything?” Sensei asked.
“I was just passing by and he asked me what plants are good for stamina restoration.”
“Oh, well I just called to introduce you two, since you two are buchous of the tennis team. I wanted to properly acquaint you.” Kiruha caught her breath in a short time. She turned to Tezuka and slightly bowed. “Kiruha Soh desu yoroshiku onegaisimasu senpai.” Tezuka gave her a slight bow also. “Tezuka Kunimitsu yoroshiku.” Ryusaki-sensei smiled and got up. “Okay introductions over. Soh come, I'll introduce you to your team. Tezuka you can return to the courts.”
“Hai, shitsureshimasu.” He left.
“He's kind of scary.” Kiruha sheepishly smiled.
“He's not, once you get to know him. Sa iko, your team is waiting.”
“Hai.” They walked out into the tennis court where the girls were rallying with eachother. “Minna gather!” All the girls gathered.
“I'll introduce you to your new team captain. Kiruha Soh.” Kiruha bowed.
“Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.” The seniors screamed.
“Ahhhh! KAWAII!!!” They ran up to her and hugged her and played with her face. Sensei blew her whistle. “Control yourselves girls, mataku!” Ryusaki-sensei smirked.
The seniors got disappointed but let go. She smiled.
“I'm glad you like your new buchou, but please listen to her and show her around. She hasn't been in this school as long as you guys have.”
“Hai!” They all yelled.
“Alright, I'll leave you with them. They might be a handful, but I'm sure you can handle it. I'll be in my office finishing up some paper works for your team's first scrimmage.”
“Hai, Ryusaki-sensei.” Ryusaki-sensei smiled and left. Kiruha went up to the team, her senpais seem happy to have her as their captain…well…most. She smiled.
“Alright, 10 laps. I'll follow from behind, if I pass anyone, they have to give me another lap, understand.”
“Hai!” They all left, except for one senior. She came up to Kiruha.
“Ne, who do you think you are ordering your elders around?” The senior's name was Ame. Kiruha was hoping this wouldn't happen, but she knew it would. Everyone stopped running. Sakuno got worried. She didn't want this to happen, but she knew it would. `Soh-senpai.'
The other seniors never really knew Ame's intentions in anything she did, only her closest friend who was absent at the moment, she wasn't the type to care much about rank and for her to say such a thing at the new captain, it worried them. All the seniors wanted was a good season to end the year with and to past down some wisdom to the young ones, since they weren't very lucky in the past. Kiruha wasn't intimidated, she understood how she felt.
“I'm the new girls' tennis team captain, appointed by Ryusaki-sensei. I did not mean any disrespect senpai. I'm just trying to get the team ready for the season to the best of my ability.”
“That's all?”
“That's all.” Kiruha kept her eyes on her senpai's. Ame couldn't see a hint of fear or hesitation in Kiruha's eyes. `What an interesting character. Hopefully she'll do a better job than the last supposed captain.'
“Hmph, this season will be the most interesting.” Ame started to run off when her closest friend came up to Kiruha and tapped her on the shoulder.
“Don't mind her so much buchou. She's only testing you out.”
“Eh? What do you mean, Kino-senpai?”
“Ame wants the best for the team, that why she's so tough on everybody. Ryusaki-sensei asked her to be buchou, but she declined.”
“Eh, nande(why)?”
“She doesn't like that stuff. She's really lazy, haha.” Ame ran past them.
“I heard that Kino! You start running or else I'll tackle you down!” Kino made a fake scared face. “Iya! Ame-kun kowaii!! (Ame scary!!)”
Kiruha smiled. “I'll do my best. Our team is going to the nationals.” She vowed. Kino looked down at her and smiled. `I hope we can this year. The guys always get the glory and it's kind of annoying.' Then Kino caught up with Ame. Sakuno passed by smiling. `I'm glad things got settled.' Kiruha started to run with them too and started to commanding, “For each person I pass during the 10 laps I'm adding another one for everybody, so you guys better start moving quicker.” Everyone got scared and started running faster, but in the end they ran more than just the 10 laps.
Sakuno hadn't ran that much since her practice in basketball. Kiruha saw everyone wiped out and kind of got worried. `This might take awhile.'
“Okay everyone, let's stretch out!” They gathered, trying to catch their breath. Kiruha started stretching her leg and arm muscles.
“Try to keep it for about 20 seconds, stretch your muscles well or else they'll cramp while you play. After stretches we'll do some balance exercises.”
After all their balance exercises Kiruha decided to let them rally with each other. She observed them from afar. They were all decent players, but not good enough to get them into the nationals. Ame-senpai and Kino-senpai were the best out of all of the girls. The freshmen girls were nervous and couldn't play to their potential, but what was disappointing was Sakuno's performance. `((heavy sigh)) I guess you can't be good at everything, ne Sakuno?'
The boys' tennis finished up their practice early. It was unusual for them to end practice early, but they didn't say anything. The regulars were in the locker room changing. Eiji was sooo happy he couldn't wait to see Suka-chan. He loved Suka-chan's cookies. “How does Suka-chan do it? It melts in my mouth nya! Fuji, hurry up, I want to see Suka-chan at practice.”
Fuji smiled. “I'm almost done. The new girls buchou seems interesting doesn't she?” Fuji looked around and didn't see Tezuka and smirked. `Tezuka, you have an interest in her too, ne?' Echizen was annoyed but Momo-senpai bugging him about being jealous or whatever. He was kind of pissed at the fact that he was showed up by a girl. `When did she have such a skill? Maybe it was just a fluke. She couldn't be that good, could she?'
Eiji and Fuji walked over to the girls' court and saw Tezuka, Oishi and Inui observing the new buchou. “Ah! Tezuka, Oishi, Inui! When did you guys get here?!” Fuji put his finger over his lips.
“Shh, Eiji, be more polite.”
“Kikumaru additional 10 laps tomorrow.” Eiji pouted. Kiruha didn't like the distraction the girls were receiving. They were losing their concentrations. She couldn't finish taking her notes and time was up. Kiruha gentling bit her bottom lip and let out a sharp whistle that caught everyone's attention.
“Clean up and go change, we're done for today. Good job guys.”
They swiftly cleaned up, as they cleaned, Tezuka came in to apologize to Kiruha. “Sorry about the distraction.” Kiruha just bowed.
“Iie, it's fine, senpai.” Ame past by him, they were same grade.
“Taku, keep your boys in check Tezuka-kun.”
“Aa gomenna Ame-kun.”
“Che.” Kino followed behind but stopped in front of Tezuka.
“Ah, Tezuka-kun, our group is meeting today at Ame-kun's house, okay, remind everyone in our group just in case, they listen to you more than I.”
“Ah, wagata, what time?”
“I'm going with Ame-kun right now so we can get started while we wait, do you want to come with us?”
“Ah.”
“Hai, chotto matte tene.” Kino jogged over to the girls' locker room. Kiruha looked around, she was looking for Sakuno. `She's not playing her full potential. I know she can do better than what she showed today. What's distracting her? Could it be…? No, it can't be, that incident should have blown over. She couldn't be… could she? I hope not.' Kiruha decided to call Sakuno tonight. Tezuka was still standing in front of her and she saw other senpais waiting for someone. She bowed to them and jogged into the locker room.
Sakuno was done changing and was about to leave, when Kiruha stopped her.
“I'll call you tonight, we need to talk.” Her buchou whispered into her ear. Sakuno kind of got scared, `Oh no something's wrong.' Sakuno simply nodded and walked out.
She was immediately greeted with a big bear hug from Eiji.
“Suka-chan! How was practice? That new buchou didn't go too hard on you, did she?”
“Eiji let go of her, she can't breathe.” Fuji commented. Sakuno was flushed, but she was okay.
“Saa, ikogka.” Fuji smiled. Eiji and Sakuno nodded.
“Hai Fuji-senpai.”
“Minna mattane!” Eiji yelled as he guided Fuji and Sakuno out the gates. They headed out to the courts.
 
Sorry so late. I've been sooooo busy. Sorry, there will be more sakuno/eiji than kiruha. Kiruha is only an inspirational character, no couplings with her, just Eijuno/Sakuji whatever. I try to update as soon as possible.