Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Right Motivation ❯ A little game of... ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A little game of…
 
During class Momoshiro passed notes to Kiruha while the teacher was asking students to read out loud..
How did you get to be buchou? (Momo)
Ryusaki-sensei asked me too. (Kiruha)
Why?
Dunno.
Did you ask?
Yeah, and she said I'll find out later.
What does that mean?
(Shrug)
So basketball seasons over?
Yeah
When Sakuno and Tomoka was in your team were they good?
Yeah, I was sad when they left.
How good were they?
I was going to appoint Sakuno as captain.
What about Tomoka?
At first Tomoka was the obvious choice for captain. She maybe loud and ditzy but she was good. However she couldn't come to every practice or game, so I couldn't appoint her.
How did Sakuno come into the picture? She doesn't seem like the type to be captain.
She wasn't captain material…well…that's what I thought. But one day I caught her one night at…
“Kiruha-san.” Kiruha afraid to get in trouble, hid the note and bolted from her seat.
“Hai!” Some of her classmates laughed. “Please proceed from where we left off.”
“Ah, hai.” She picked up her book as started reading. Momoshiro snickered in amusement.
After class it was lunch. Kiruha and Momoshiro walked out of the class and went over to the basketball courts. “So why did you decide that Sakuno should be captain?”
“She has diligence and I trust her judgment.”
“Is that it?”
“No, there is something else; it can't be described with words. I think you'll be able to see it when you see her.” Momoshiro raised an eyebrow.
“So who's going to play basketball?” She asked.
“Some of the freshmen and senior, if you don't mind.”
“I don't mind. Are they tennis seniors?” Momoshiro nodded.
“Have they ever touched a basketball?”
“I don't know. Why? Are you going to go easy on them?” He smirked as she stuck out her tongue at him.
“Just a little. So are your friends going to meet us at the courts or are we picking them up?”
“They'll meet us there, although, I do need to pick up one freshman.” Kiruha tilted to one side. “Oh?”
“If it's not tennis he doesn't give a care about anything…well…maybe food.”
They went into the Ryoma's classroom and saw him sleeping or acting because he didn't like people bugging him. Momoshiro knew he wasn't sleeping and poked his head. “Oi Echizen, I know you're not asleep! Get up!” Echizen didn't budge.
“Hey Momoshiro-kun, maybe he is asleep, just let him be and let's go.” By the voice of Kiruha, Ryoma got up and said, “Momo-senpai, lunch date?” Momoshiro put Ryoma in a headlock. “No bakayaro!” They started bickering and Kiruha was losing her patience. Frustrated she just grabbed Momoshiro's ear and dragged him while he had Ryoma in a headlock. “Itt-ti-ti-ti!”
When they reached the courts they saw quite a lot of people. There were the regulars, three freshmen and her two girls. The girls were overwhelmed by all the people who came to play basketball. Even Momoshiro was shocked. Kiruha turned to him. “Did you invite all of them?”
“No.” She just let out a sigh and ran over to them. “Sorry I'm late. Are you guys ready to play?” She turned to everyone else. Momoshiro and Ryoma joined the gang. Sakuno kind of felt uneasy playing with Ryoma, but tried not to let him distract her. `Hopefully I'm not in the same team as him.' “Konnichiwa Kiruha Soh desu, yoroshiku.” They all greeted her with name and grade. She called the girls. “We'll be back.” Sakuno was curious and asked why she dragged them out. “Doshite?” Kiruha lifted her bag.
“To change silly, we don't want nasty boys to look up our skirts when we play, now do we?”
“Oh, right oops.” Sakuno blushed from embarrassment. Tomoka giggled.
“Kawaii Sakuno!” She screamed. Kiruha laughed.
They came back all dressed in nylon shorts that came down to their knees with their regular school top. It was their old basketball shorts. “Now we're ready to play and just for today I won't make you two run.” Sakuno and Tomoka's eyes brightened. “Hontodesuka?!” in unison. Kiruha nodded. Kikumaru, Fuji, and Momoshiro smirked and chuckled, the others didn't know what they were talking about, except Tezuka, he remembered from the morning. “Okay who wants to be team captain?” Kikumaru jumped.
“I want to be team captain, nya!” Kiruha nodded. “Okay who's wants to be the other one?” Everyone except Sakuno, Tomoka, and Momoshiro looked confused. “Two captains?” Fuji questioned. Sakuno explain, “It's only to choose your players. We don't necessarily need captain in a friendly game.”
“Eh, soka, arigatou Sakuno-chan.” He smiled as he saw her surprised look. She quickly recovered from shock and smiled back. Ryoma had saw and was alittle peeved, but didn't show it.
“Buchou, you should be the other team captain!” Tomoka commented. Kiruha shook her head. “Why don't you be the other team captain?”
“Me? Okay.” After that they started choosing people.
Kikumaru's team: Sakuno, Momoshiro, Fuji, Inui, Oishi, Horio,
Tomoka's team: Kiruha, Ryoma, Taka-san, Kaidoh, Kachiro, Katou
“Okay which basket do you guys want?” Tomoka asked.
“We want the left basket.” Kikumaru pointed to the basket that was facing the sun.
“Fine with us.” Tomoka smirked with confidence.
“Osakada-san looks different.” Oishi commented.
“That's her game face.” Sakuno stated. Ryoma thought maybe this would be fun after all. He wanted to see how Sakuno would play. `Probably slip and fall half the game. She's so clumsy.' Kiruha went up to Tezuka with the ball. “Tezuka-senpai, could play as ref?” He simply nodded and took the ball from her hand.
Sakuno went up to Eiji. “Kikumaru-senpai.” He pouted.
“What did I tell you to call me?” She realized her mistake and was about the bow but stopped herself. Instead she scratched the back of her head. “Gomen Eiji, ano…”
“Nani nani?”
“Give me your ear.” He bent down to her level. Ryoma was wondering what they were planning. She whispered her plans and he nodded. “Okay, I can do that.” She turned to her teammates. “Ano…who here knows how to shoot baskets?” Momoshiro and Kikumaru raised their.
“Awww man, we're going to lose!” Horio exclaimed.
“Don't fret Horio-kun. It'll be alright.”
“Yes, but Osakada-san has a basketball buchou on her side.” Oishi stated.
“That'll be a problem.” Fuji added as he saw Kiruha explain to Tezuka the calls. “Her team has a pretty tough line up.” He smiled.
“Daijoubu-desu, Fuji-senpai. If we're lucky buchou will go easy on us.”
“So what's the plan Kikumaru-senpai?”
“I'll hand the plans over to Suka-chan.” Sakuno was surprised.
“Me?” Eiji nodded.
“O-okay.” Then everyone gathered. Fuji, Oishi and Horio are on the defense, Inui will be center and, Sakuno, Momoshiro and Eiji will be on offense.
Kiruha went over to her team and gathered. “Who knows how to make baskets?” Tomoka asked. Ryoma, and Kiruha raised their hands.
“Okay then, buchou, Ryoma-sama and I will be on the offense, Katou-kun, Kachirou-kun and Kaidoh-senpai will be on the defense and Kawamura-senpai will be center, any questions?” Tomoka said commandingly. Kaidoh was amused at her tone, but still didn't like being bossed around by freshmen.
“Are all the two teams ready?” Tezuka questioned. Everyone broke off and got into position. “Jump ball.” The ball was thrown up into the air. Eiji and Sakuno made their move. He jumped high into the air and smashed the ball towards an open space. His teammates saw this and got confused. “Eiji what are you doing?” Fuji asked.
Just then Sakuno appeared out of no where and took the ball into her hands and started dribbling toward her team's basket. Sakuno dodged people left and right. She was about to make the basket when Kiruha smacked the ball out of her hands, but thankfully Momoshiro was there to catch the smacked ball and score a slam dunk. “Dunk~.”
“Nice shot Momoshiro-senpai.” He raised a hand.
“Up high!” She gave him a high five. The game proceeded and Sakuno was playing really well. She was stealing balls from the opponent like it was nothing. Everyone was shocked, except Kiruha and Tomoka. “The Great Bandit is back.” Kiruha smirked. Katou and Kachrio heard this and got curious. “The Great Bandit?”
“When Sakuno played basketball with us, everyone knew her as the great bandit.” Tomoka explained. Her teammates saw how she got that title, Sakuno's been stealing a lot of points from them, but only because Kiruha wasn't doing much. Ryoma wanted to beat Sakuno, his stubbornness took over and he took a direct approach towards Sakuno. Tomoka knowing Sakuno, knew that she knew Ryoma was coming from behind her. “Ryoma-sama that won't work!” He tried to slip side her and steal the ball away from her but it didn't work. She saw through him and dodged his attempt and made a 3 pt shot. “Zanen Ryoma-kun.” She didn't even look at him and walked away.
Ryoma shocked just stared as she walked towards her teammates. “Wheeew.” Momoshiro whistled. “Maybe next time Echizen.”
“SUGOI SUKA-CHAN!!!!” Eiji gave her a big hug.
“So you're the great bandit. Sugoi ne Sakuno-chan.” Fuji smiled. Kiruha smiled. `She's getting some confidence back. That's good.' Tezuka noticed this.
“Minna-san, let's finish this game, we only have 10 more minutes!” Kiruha informed.
The game continued with Tomoka's team leading. She was making a lot of 3pt shot. “Sugoi you haven't lost your touch 3pt Wonder.”
“Of course.” The game ended with Tomoka's team as victor, but not by a lot. The girls got back into their skirts and started heading to class. ((RRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGG!!!!))
“That was fun too bad we lost nya.” Eiji said. Ryoma was kind of pissed cause he couldn't steal one ball from Sakuno, yet she stole all of his. Eiji saw this and patted him on the back. “Don't worry, you're a tennis star not a basketball star! Beside your team won!”
“I'm not mad.” Eiji grinned widely.
“Oh I get it, it's because Suka-chan kept stealing you ball, huh?” Momoshiro came from the back grinning also. Ryomo twitched when he heard Eiji call Sakuno, Suka-chan.
“Awww…but you know she isn't called the Great Bandit for nothing, Echizen.” Ryoma sped up his pace. “I have to get to class senpais.”
“Okay see you at practice Ochibi!” Eiji and Momoshiro giggled.
“That was fun! I didn't know Suka-chan was that good.” Eiji put both of his hand behind his head and grinned.
“I heard that Kiruha was going to appoint her captain.” Momoshiro informed.
“Heh~, when she become senior!?” Eiji surprised. Momoshiro shook his head.
“I think earlier.” Eiji smiled.
“Waaaa, my Suka-chan, buchou of the basketball team. Hee hee kawaiinya~.” Momoshiro looked at him for a while and then grinned.
“Kikumaru-senpai has a crush on Sakuno-chan?” Eiji blushed and took a step back away from Momoshiro. “MOMO! GET TO CLASS! I DIDN'T SAY THAT!”
“But you said, MY Suka-chan.”
“Momo's right, Eiji you don't need to hide it.” Eiji and Momoshiro jumped 10 feet into the air, only to see that it was Fuji and Tezuka.
Eiji let out a sigh. “Bikurishita~. FUJI, DON'T DO THAT!”
“Gomen, we were just behind you when Momo said something about Kiruha appointing Sakuno-chan as buchou at a young age. Why is that Momo?”
“I'm not quite sure; our conversation was interrupted by the teacher. Something about her diligence, judgment and something else. I'll find out more if she tells me.”
“Mm, I'd like to find out more, so does Tezuka.”
“Wakarimasita senpais.” Momoshiro ran to class. In class Fuji kept teasing Eiji. “FUJI STOP IT!”
“Ah. That reminds me, we forgot to tell Sakuno-chan where to meet this weekend.” Fuji said.
“Souda! Should we tell her to meet us at the same spot?” Eiji asked. Fuji nodded. Tezuka was lost. “Why are you two meeting with her this weekend?” He asked out of curiosity.
“Oh, we decided to be her coaches since the girls tennis season is coming up.” Fuji explained. Eiji got excited.
“Just think Fuji she'll get in because of our coaching!!! We're practically going to make hernya!” Eiji grinned as Fuji smiled and nodded.
“And she'll be the best too, better than Kiruha nya!” He drifted into his daydream. Tezuka found this amusing. `The best.' He imagined the coaches' daughter beating Echizen and smirked. Fuji and Eiji looked at him.
“Doushita Tezuka?” His face changed back to normal.
“Nandemonai.” The teacher came in, it was time for history.
 
 
Sorry everyone for updating sooooooo late, I warned you guys though. I hope you guys like this chapter. I tried not to make so many mistakes this time. R&R thankx!