Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Sound of Two Heads Crashing ❯ Ch. 2: Do You Dare? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow. I got lots of reviews that chapter. Thank you!
-
Chapter #2: Do You Dare?
-
“And so that's why you need to come over to my house after school,” Fuji said, finishing his long spiel. He was trying to get Tezuka to agree to help him with his plans for Momo and Ryoma. He knew Tezuka wouldn't actually help out, but Fuji liked to keep Tezuka feeling included.
Tezuka crossed his arms over his chest and glared at him coldly. “No.”
“It's for the good of the team,” Fuji tried.
“This has nothing to do with the team,” Tezuka said, “This is just another excuse for you to meddle in other people's lives.”
Fuji smiled, looking almost pleased at that remark. “You make it sound like that's a bad thing.”
Not impressed, Tezuka upped the strength of his glare. “It is a bad thing.”
Fuji waved that off easily. “Nonsense. It always turns out for the best, doesn't it?”
“One day it won't,” Tezuka said gravely. “And until then I'm warning you. Don't meddle.”
“Fine. Fine,” Fuji said, seeming to relent. “I'll leave them alone.”
Hearing this, Tezuka sighed and reached up to rub his brow wearily, knowing Fuji would do no such thing. Why he liked this boy, he'd never know.
 
 
“What do you think this is about?” Momo asked, looking down at Ryoma as they walked to Fuji's house after practice.
Not looking at him, Ryoma shrugged, not really caring that much.
“You don't think this is gonna be more like yesterday, do you?” Momo asked nervously.
Ryoma looked at him, unimpressed with the question. “Why would he bring us to his house to push us into each other? He could do that just fine at school and he didn't.”
“Yeah, but this is Fuji-senpai. He's weird like that. We could be walking into a trap.”
“We probably are,” Ryoma said, sounding bored with it all as he turned back to the path.
Momo stared at him disbelievingly. “And you don't care? Something bad is gonna happen!”
“It probably will,” still sounding bored.
“Echizen!”
 
 
Momo had gone to school the next day with some trepidation, fearing that at any moment one of his senpai would jump out of nowhere and shove, trip, or push him into Ryoma. But his paranoia had proved baseless. The others hadn't done anything any stranger than usual and the day had actually turned out somewhat peaceful. Of course then Fuji had approached him, informing Momo of the mandatory team get together Fuji would be hosting that afternoon at his house. Momo had agreed to come, but as Fuji walked away he had then been left with the strange feeling that he had just made a horrible mistake.
Either way, he still had to go and so he arrived at Fuji's house with Ryoma a little after four, hesitant and not too sure he actually wanted to be there.
“Kawamura-senpai,” Momo said upon entering the house, looking surprised at finding the other boy there. “What are you doing here?” He'd thought this was a team get together. Kawamura wasn't on the team anymore.
Not that Momo wasn't happy to see him. It was just strange.
Kawamura smiled weakly at him from the couch and waved a hand, not answering the question.
Fuji smiled cheerfully, “I happened to run into Taka-san on the street the other day and asked him if he'd like to join us. Isn't that nice? It'll be just like old times.”
Momo eyed Fuji warily as he and Ryoma walked further into the house and sat down on the couch next to Kawamura, Momo still feeling uneasy about the whole situation and not too sure he liked how happy Fuji seemed. “Yeah . . .” he said slowly and almost suspiciously, “nice . . .”
Fuji didn't know what Momo had to be so suspicious about. He hadn't done anything unusual and the festivities hadn't even started yet. Kawamura's presence wasn't that strange, was it?
“When's everybody else getting here?” Momo asked, looking for change of topic.
“Soon. Soon. Don't worry.”
It ended up being a while before everybody arrived, Eiji and Oishi (the last ones) coming through the door nearly half an hour later.
“Alright,” Fuji said, clapping his hands together. “Let's get started. Who wants to play a game?”
“Oh!” Eiji said, raising his hand and jumping up and down in his seat excitedly. “I do! I do!”
“What kind of game?” Oishi asked, dutifully following the script he and the others had worked out the night before.
“Seven Minutes in Heaven!” Eiji suggested, still following the script.
Ryoma looked somewhat curious. “What's that?” he asked, honestly not having a clue.
“Erm.” Momo looked uncomfortable at the subject. How to explain the game to his rather innocent best friend? “Nothing.” That worked.
He'd known Ryoma would have no clue what the game was. Fuji smiled and continued with the script. “Any other suggestions?”
“I wanna play Seven Minutes in Heaven,” Eiji whined, having fun with his part.
“Yes, but I think we should play something that everybody knows the rules to,” Fuji said gently.
“Plus there's no girls here,” Momo said. “How would we play?”
“How about I Never,” Inui said, watching to see the reactions to his suggestion.
“Oh, yeah,” Eiji said, acting like he liked that idea. He turned to Fuji. “Do you have any alcohol?”
Oishi tried to look alarmed. “Alcohol? Eiji! We're too young to drink!”
Fuji ignored Oishi, turning to Eiji. “Only if you are willing to explain to my parents why they have eight drunk teenagers in their living room when they get home.”
That idea shot down, just like it was supposed to be, Eiji put on a grimace. “Oh yeah.”
Ryoma turned to Momo, not having a clue what his senpai were talking about. “What's I Never?”
“It's a drinking game,” Momo said simply, thinking that all he needed to say.
“I know,” Fuji said happily, continuing with the script. “How about Truth or Dare?”
Momo blinked when it seemed like the others were actually thinking about that suggestion. “Don't we need girls for that too?” he asked, looking around the room. “We're all guys.”
He'd known Momo would make that protest. Fuji smiled again and said cheerfully, “To only make the game all the more interesting!”
“Well, okay . . .” Momo said, not too sure about this but willing to go along with it. “But I'm not kissing the Mamushi.”
Kaidoh growled. “Like I'd want to kiss you anyway.”
“You're right. I forgot. You're too busy fantasizing about Inui-senpai.”
Just getting more confused by that comment, Ryoma blinked.
Kaidoh blushed and hissed in embarrassment, looking down at his lap.
“Yes, well,” Inui continued with his part, adjusting his glasses and looking a little pleased, “if we are going to play, I believe we should begin.”
“Um,” Kawamura, the only one besides Momo and Echizen not in on the plan, spoke up hesitantly, “If it's alright with you, I think I'm going to sit this one out.”
“Nonsense,” Fuji said, pulling him back down before he could stand. “We all have to play.”
Rather enjoying his next line, Inui smiled evilly. “And if anyone doesn't wish to participate or refuses to do what they are asked then they must drink this.” He brought out a pitcher containing his newest juice. “Happy Happy Fun Juice V. 2.0”
Seeing the juice, everyone but Fuji flinched and looked frightened. Even those that had already known that Inui was going to bring it didn't have to fake their worry. They may have decided to use the juice to guarantee Momo and Ryoma didn't back out of anything, but that didn't mean they wanted to drink the juice themselves.
Kawamura grimaced and sat back in his seat. Why had he come again? He wanted to see his old teammates? Next time he'd think twice before saying okay to anything Fuji asked.
“Where's Tezuka-buchou?” Ryoma asked, flinching away from the juice and wanting a change of topic. He'd just then noticed the captain's absence and wondered how Tezuka had gotten out of coming. He wished he hadn't had to come.
“He had a few things to do and couldn't make it,” Fuji said easily, having expected that question to come up at some time. “Now come. Everybody make a circle.”
Ryoma nodded, accepting the answer, and reluctantly moved to sit on the floor of Fuji's living room in a circle. He ended up sitting next to Momo with Oishi on his other side and Fuji straight across from him. Fuji gave him a smile and Ryoma frowned.
“Now who wants to go first?” Fuji asked, continuing with his part and looking around the circle.
“Oh! I do! I do!” Eiji said, just like the script had told him to, raising his hand and waving it in the air excitedly.
Fuji laughed at his antics. “Very well. Eiji, you can go first.”
“Great!” Eiji smiled then turned on his boyfriend. They had decided to not go straight to Momo and Ryoma in order to make everything seem much more natural. “Oishi! Truth or Dare?”
“Er,” Oishi faked looking undecided then said. “Truth,” just like he was supposed to.
“Is it true,” Eiji began, looking deadly serious. They hadn't been able to come up with a truth for him to ask so he was mostly winging it. “That if you mix soda and Pop rocks it will explode?”
Oishi sweatdropped, unable to believe that that was actually Eiji's question. “Um . . . Yes.”
“Really?” Eiji asked happily then sat back with a smile. “Cool.”
Oishi smiled weakly at his boyfriend's action, but then turned back to the game. “Alright,” Oishi said, looking around the circle as though he couldn't decide who to ask. Finally he picked on Fuji, just like he was supposed to. “Fuji. Truth or Dare?”
“Truth,” Fuji said, smiling.
They hadn't come up with a truth for him to ask either so Oishi decided to use this chance to satisfy some of his curiosity. “What did Tezuka really say when you told him you liked him?” Oishi had been curious about this for awhile. The way Tezuka told the story just didn't seem real.
Fuji laughed lightly, remembering. “He stared at me in shock for a long time without blinking then mumbled, “They were right,” almost as if he couldn't believe it. And then he turned and walked away.”
“That's not the way he tells it.”
Fuji smiled. “Of course it's not. Kunimitsu wouldn't admit to having an unguarded moment in his life”
Ryoma leaned over closer to Momo and whispered, “Why is Fuji-senpai using Buchou's first name?”
Momo blinked at him, almost unable to believe Ryoma hadn't noticed. “They're together.”
Ryoma blinked right back at him. “Together?” he echoed, not understanding.
“Yeah,” Momo said, remembering who he was talking to and getting over his shock at Ryoma's obliviousness. “Didn't you know that?”
“You mean together as in . . . together?” Ryoma asked, looked shocked and making a rather vague motion to signify romantic coupledom.
Momo nodded. “Yeah.”
Looking even more shocked, Ryoma's eyes widened. “Guys can do that?”
“Is everything alright over there?” Fuji asked and Ryoma and Momo turned to find Fuji watching them with some amusement.
Still shocked over what he had just learned, Ryoma just stared at the older boy.
“I'm just explaining to Echizen that guys can be together just like girls and guys can,” Momo said, sticking a casual thumb in Ryoma's direction.
“Ochibi didn't know that?” Eiji asked, looking at the younger boy curiously. Not that he hadn't expected this. Ryoma could be really dense. Ryoma turned to Eiji and wordlessly shook his head.
“Eiji-senpai and Oishi-senpai are together like that too,” Momo told Ryoma casually, “And so are Inui-senpai and the Mamushi.”
Kaidoh hissed angrily at Momo for the name, a little pink at the mention of his relationship.
“So everyone's gay?” Ryoma asked, still looking shocked.
“Well, I'm not,” Momo said and then ignored Eiji as the older boy tried to stifle his giggles. He didn't know what Eiji was laughing about anyways. “And neither is Kawamura-senpai, I don't think.”
Kawamura laughed weakly, uncomfortable with the topic. “No. You're right. I'm not.”
Ryoma looked like he would need a moment to fit this all into his worldview.
“Ochibi's okay with that, isn't he?” Eiji asked, still looking at the younger boy curiously.
“What?” Ryoma asked blankly. Then the question registered. “Oh, um. Yeah. It's fine.”
Meanwhile, Fuji turned back to the carefully planned game. “Taka-san,” he chose. The other boy didn't know it but he had been put into the script as well. “Truth or Dare?”
Knowing that whatever dare Fuji came up with would be bad, Kawamura said, “Truth.” Hopefully the truth wouldn't turn out to be just as bad.
Fuji smiled. He'd hoped Kawamura would choose that. “Can you honestly say that you have never had a homosexual thought regarding Akutsu in your life?”
Kawmura abruptly blushed. “Um . . . what?”
“Answer the question, Taka-san.”
Turning away from Ryoma, Eiji smiled eagerly and leaned forward to hear, while Oishi looked embarrassed for Kawamura and Ryoma just looked faintly disturbed. Momo laughed at Ryoma's expression and pounded him on the back. Rocked forward by the hit, Ryoma turned to Momo with a glare.
“I . . . I . . .” Kawamura stuttered before finally saying, “No! Never!”
“Are you sure?” Fuji questioned.
“Yes! He's just a friend! I don't think of him like that, I swear!”
Inui smiled, sensing a victim. “There is an 88 percent chance that you are lying.”
“No! I swear! I don't!” Kawamura waved his hands in the air frantically to ward off the other boy, desperate for them to believe him.
Inui still smiled and held out a cup. It didn't really matter if Kawamura really was telling the truth or not. They had planned for Kawamura to be the first one to drink the juice and so he would regardless of his answer. “Drink up.”
“I . . .” Kawamura quieted, but took the cup and looked into it dubiously. Inside the small paper cup, the juice bubbled once, looking like black tar. Kawamura gulped. But then, taking a deep breath to prepare himself, he tossed the drink back. Immediately, he fell back unconscious, the cup dropping from lifeless fingers to roll across the floor, hitting the foot of the couch.
Eiji shook his head regretfully, just like he was supposed to. “Poor Kawamura. He should've told the truth.”
“Well, seeing as Taka-san can't take his turn, I suppose it's my turn again,” Fuji said almost cheerfully. Everything was going according to plan, why wouldn't Fuji be cheerful?
Everyone but Inui gulped nervously, eyeing the downed Kawamura and then Fuji. Eiji and Oishi had to fake being nervous, but Kaidoh really was. They had decided he would be next and he didn't know what Fuji had planned for him.
“Kaidoh,” Fuji finally said after a moment of faked deliberation.
Kaidoh gulped again, beginning to sweat.
“Truth or Dare?” Fuji asked.
“Uh,” Kaidoh acted like he was undecided, looking at Fuji and then around the circle frantically for some kind of answer. Everybody watched him evenly, Eiji acting like he was eagerly waiting for his answer, and Momo obviously truly looking forward to his embarrassment. “Truth,” he finally said.
“Aw,” Eiji complained, even though he knew that was what Kaidoh was going to say, “Somebody pick Dare already.”
Fuji smiled and Kaidoh regretted ever becoming part of their plans. “Tell us. What was your first thought when you and Inui first had sex?”
Face immediately going dark red, Kaidoh gaped wordlessly at his senpai, absolutely horrified. “What?” he asked. He glanced quickly at Inui, who was looking almost embarrassed as well. There was no way he was answering that. He didn't care about the script. He turned back to Fuji. “Can I pick dare?” he asked almost desperately.
Fuji nodded agreeably enough, not mad that he was changing the script, and said his dare. “I dare you to give Inui a lap dance right here, right now.
Kaidoh, if anything, only got redder and a quick glance at Inui showed him looking like for once he might blush. Kaidoh didn't want to do that either!
“Give me the juice,” Kaidoh said.
Looking faintly relieved, Inui passed him a cup and Kaidoh immediately downed it, falling back into welcome unconsciousness. It was better than staying awake.
“Hm,” Fuji frowned, looking puzzled, “I didn't think that dare was too bad. I wonder why he did that.”
Everyone but Inui exchanged a rather speaking looking. If that wasn't `too bad' what was? Eiji had to hold back his giggles though as he acted nervous. This was so much fun! He liked being sneaky.
“Well, I suppose it's my turn again,” Fuji said and everyone but Inui started to look scared again, either for fake or real. “Hmm,” Fuji looked around the circle as though his choice hadn't already been decided. “Momo,” he finally said. They had stalled long enough and it was time to get down to business. “Truth or Dare?”
Momo sweated, unsure of what to pick. He didn't want to pick Truth but he didn't want to pick Dare either. Who knew what Fuji might make him do!
“Dare,” he finally said, choosing to be brave.
Fuji smiled. “I dare you to kiss, Echizen.”
Which wasn't that bad considering, but still. “I can't do that!” Momo squawked.
He'd expected that too. Biting back on a smile, Fuji tilted his head curiously. “Why not?”
“It's Echizen!” Momo said as if that explained everything. To him it did.
At this, Ryoma frowned. What did that mean? Why didn't Momo want to kiss him? Was there something wrong with him or something? Not that Ryoma wanted Momo to kiss him, but he didn't think Momo should be so opposed to the idea just because it was him.
“So?” Eiji said, now ad-libbing.
“So?” Momo said, “So it's Echizen. He's my best friend! And he's a guy! You just don't kiss your best guy friend. Especially since he's a guy.”
“Interesting,” Inui said, getting out his notebook to note this down. “You are rather focused on gender.”
“Because I'm straight!” Momo said.
“Idiot,” Ryoma muttered, “Kissing me doesn't make you any less straight.” Saying this and helping their plan along a lot more than Fuji had expected Ryoma to.
“I'd be kissing a guy,” Momo said, turning to him to explain, “I don't care what anybody says, in my book that's a little gay.”
“You were just fine with the idea of an all guy Truth or Dare game before,” Fuji said mildly. “You even mentioned kissing Kaidoh. Why is it that kissing Echizen is any different?”
“Yeah, Momo-senpai,” Ryoma said, looking up at him with a frown, “Why is it?”
Momo looked down at him with a frown, a little confused by Ryoma's insistence, “Do you want me to kiss you or something?”
“No,” Ryoma said, “I just think you're being stupid about this. It's not that big of a deal.”
“Yes it is! I'd be kissing you. That's not—mmph!”
Finally getting tired of Momo `s protests, Ryoma sighed and pulled Momo down, cutting him off by planting his mouth on his. It wasn't that bad. In fact it was kind of nice. Wrapping an arm around Momo's neck, Ryoma pulled him down further and deepened the kiss. Momo didn't complain, leaning forward willing.
Looking at Momo and Ryoma with a raised brow, Eiji turned to Oishi and smiled, pleased with their work, thinking this would be the end. Oishi politely turned his head away from the two younger boys and coughed. Fuji kept watching, a pleased smile on his face, and Inui noted down their success in his notebook.
Finally Momo and Ryoma broke away from each other. Ryoma smirked and pushed Momo off of him. It took a moment for Momo to catch up with what was happening, but then he turned to Ryoma and cried, “What'd you do that for?!”
Ryoma shrugged. “It got you to shut up, didn't it? And now it's your turn. Go.”
Momo grumbled but turned back to the game. “You little brat.”
The others thought that this would be it. That this would be the thing that made Momo and Ryoma realize their feeling s for each other. But instead they seemed to go on like nothing had happened.
The game continued and with each interaction between the two Fuji's pleased smile dropped. Nothing had changed.
Finally it came to be Fuji's turn again and he called on Ryoma. The script was now out the window but that didn't mean the plan was over. “Echizen. Truth or Dare?”
“Dare,” Ryoma said, long since starting to look bored with the game.
“I dare you to kiss Momo,” Fuji said.
At that, Ryoma gave him a weird look. It wasn't like Fuji to repeat himself. But then Ryoma turned to Momo, regarding the older boy curiously, and finally shrugged.
“What?!” Momo said, looking at Fuji in shock, and then turned to Ryoma. Seeing Ryoma look at him then shrug, apparently willing and not bothered by the dare, he sputtered. “Ech - Echizen! You can't—
He wasn't able to finish, Ryoma dragging his head down and cutting him off a second time with his mouth. This time Momo yanked himself away hurriedly after a barely there brush of lips.
“Stop doing that!” Momo cried, looking embarrassed as he wiped at his mouth.
Ryoma smirked at his reaction, amused, but Fuji frowned. This wasn't going like he had planned. And they couldn't ask the two to kiss again without it being suspicious.
They weren't going to get together like this. Apparently they would need another plan.
An idea coming, Fuji smiled. He had just the thing.
 
TBC?