Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ Falling ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello and welcome to my first fan fic. Its nothing great, but im trying n_n reviews, constructive criticism and flames are all very much welcomed n_n Ill try hard to update frequently until its finished, because I know I hate waiting, but everyone gets writers block sometimes!
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
I just wanted to start by saying Eiji's been to a few other schools, not only seigaku. Ah well
 
 
ENJOY!
 
 
He lifted his head skyward to stare at the now orange clouds, reflecting on everythinganything. Within two days the best friend of the no longer seigaku regular had lost so much. His place within the team, his friend, his trust in the world. As his hope seemed to fly off into the setting sun, he sighed, head dropping. They had made a huge mistake, and what could he do for his friend now? Nothing, all because of a simple band-aid, one simple mistake.
 
 
“Ochibi!” Kikumaru attached himself to the unexpecting Echizen in greeting, just as their captain strode into the room.
“Kikumaru, after this, groundo, 20 laps!” At the warning of laps, all but the currently tied up Echizen had turned their attention onto Tezuka. “This morning you will have the chance to play short matches against one another. Echizen, Taka-san, you'll be the first pair, so head to the farthest block A court. Oishi and Fuji, you'll be on the next court, and Kikumaru and Momo, you're on the last court.” Tezuka glared at a certain red headed member of the last pair before continuing. “Everyone else, we will all be running to avoid Inui's special juice.”
A loud “fshuuuuu…” was heard from one of the uncalled regular members, resulting in another round of laps from the captain.
 
“Hey, Kikumaru senpai, if I win, your taking me for burgers!” Momo served the ball, but Kikumaru easily returned it.
“Nya! The only thing you think about is food!” Pause. “Ok then, if I win, you're getting me a big, fluffy, teddy bear! Ne, Momoï¼” He returned this ball backwards to spite the second year student.
“Oka….wait, a what?!” The flustered Momo was no match for the easy ball Kikumaru had hit him, and it plopped purposefully onto the ground beside him.
“15 - 0, Kikumaru”
“Th…That's not fair senpai! You distracted me on purpose!”
“Nya! Alls fair in tennis and war!” The slight breeze caught in the teens hair as he stuck out his tongue to taunt his friend. “Nya!”
“It's `alls fair in love and war', senpai…love and war…” mumbled Momo as he, yet again, served the ball. Kikumaru happily dove for the serve, and soon misfortunes followed suite.
“Buahahaha! Meet the doom of…DUNK SMASH!” Momo ran through his ritual of jumping to absurd heights and hitting it down as hard as he could. Everyone knew better than to try and stop the gravity-drawn ball, but this wasn't everyone. This was Kikumaru Eiji, so he set up his attempts to fight the inevitable doom. The force of the ball soon met his racquet, sending a jolt of pain through both his arms before sending it flying, and clipping the senpai's face.
 
A sudden cry came from Kikumaru as he brought up his hand. He slumped over, looking for that which was missing. He needed to find it, needed to smother what it usually concealed with its presence.
“Gomen, Kikumaru senpai!” Momo swiftly jumped the net, concern for the red haired senpai flashing in his eyes.
“No! Don't come any closer!” The uncharacteristic cry from their own cat-like player drew even more attention from the rest of the team. Kikumaru looked up, his hand covering his face. A stray tear took the path less traveled down his face, terror dulling his eyes. He knew what this meant. They always took it wrong, never gave him a chance to explain. Abandonment.
“Fshuuuu, bakabakashii!”
“It wasn't my fault, right Kikumaru senpai?! It wasn't my…” Momo's voice trailed off as he stared blatantly at his senpai's right cheek. When Kaido had arrived, Kikumaru had gone back to searching for what was lost, forgetting to keep the offending hidden. Maybe it had been the false hope of attention being drawn off that made him forget, but…His hand flew back to his back to his face. He didn't see it, he didn't see itMomo's eyes widend in horror, then his features contorted into disgust as the new learned truth has sunk in.
“You!” He sneered. “You're…You're!...” His searing words cut short by the arrival of the rest of the regulars.
“Momoshiro, groundo, 30 laps!”
“Tezuka, look at him! Don't you see its…”
“50.”
“I'll do 100, just look at him!”
He grabbed Kikumaru and tore his hand away from its resting place. As their eyes grasped what had once been confined, no one made a sound. No one needed to, their disbelieving stares telling the stories flashing through their minds. Oishi slowly backed up, a single tear falling from its prison. He turned and walked away. So did everyone else.
Just like last time.