Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ Warm up invitation ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kinda a filler…get from one place to another. Next chapter is quite important, I think 0.o
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
ENJOY!
 
 
“…Everyone got it? Good. Start playing.” Since there where three courts, one pair had to wait for the other games to finish up.
“Hoi, um…Miru? You want to take a look around? I've never been here either, so…” Eiji rubbed the back of his head and hoped he didn't sound like to much of an idiot.
`POP' “Eh, sure, let's bring our stuff, though. We might find somewhere actually worth warming up at.” She walked over to her bag and pulled out her black racquet, Eiji following.
The two where just about to walk away from the clearing when - “Eiji, you must stay and watch the games. It will give you more experience playing with us. Ore-sama demands you come back.” Atobe turned and went back to his game.
`POP' “Guess I'll see ya in the game later then, Eiji. Tell ya if I find anything fun to do without you.” With that, Miru walked down the path and disappeared into the forest.
 
“Momo, go get my ball. Now.” The very annoyed Ryoma growled at his senpai. He had been perfectly fine training alone, that is until the stupid power player hit it through the fence and into yesterday.
“You get it freshmen. Anyways, it's to far away, I'll never get back in time for lunch. That just won't do!” Momo took the younger student in a headlock, not really caring that he was in a foul mood.
“I'll buy you burgers, not Momo-senpai, GET MY DAM BALL!” Ryoma glared at the older player menacingly from under his hat.
“Mou…okay, okay!” Momo backed up slowly. An angry freshman tensai was a /very/ bad thing. Anyways, there where free burgers involved! He ran off in the direction he hit the ball, dreaming of burgers all the while.
“Mada mada dane, baka.” The regular took another ball from his pocket and started again. He was pretty sure Inui would have a perfect candidate to try his new juice now…A characteristic smirk formed on his face. Perfect.
 
Miru continued to walk towards the noise. The steady bop, bop, bop of a tennis ball, or seven, was starting to drive her insane. She couldn't escape the sound, so she had decided to find where it was coming from. Walking forward a while more, she was an end to the forest. `POP' “Finally…now lets see where that noise is coming from.” She stopped on the edge of the forest and saw what appeared to be yet another tennis team. Since she didn't recognize them, her mind told her that this must have been Rikkaidai. “Peh, what a waste of time.” `POP' waving her hand over her shoulder to no one in particular, she turned to leave but was interrupted by a tennis ball flying from the sky-and another one hitting her in the back of the head. For a moment, she felt as if she was flying. That is, until she hit the ground.
 
Kirihara grumbled to himself as he walked around in the foliage behind the courts. Why did /he/ have to get Niou's ball? Sometimes it just made hi…His eyes widened as he nervously called for his team mate. “Um…Niou? I think I found your ball…”
The two players stared wide-eyed at the fallen girl. She looked ready for a tennis match, or a walk in the park, or…well, hanging out in the mall for that matter. They had decided not to worry the rest of the team, so just the two of them waited for the girl to wake up. Not that they did anything to speed up this process, of course.
“Niou, get back here. Your partner is waiting.” Oh, great. Sanada was calling for him…He'd have to leave Kirihara alone with the girl… “And you'd better not have made any trouble.” How close to the truth he was…Not that he'd ever know.
Kirihara turned from Niou back to the girl to see if he could wake her up, but she was apparently already awake - and gone. He peered into the forest, hoping to see where she'd gone, but…
`POP' “What'cha looking for?” Miru leaned against a tree behind Kirihara, arms crossed across her chest and popping her gum loudly. “If you where looking for me, you're not very smart. This is where you where looking when I got up.”
Kirihara jerked his body around to where the voice had come from, a bit of annoyance glimmering in his eyes from the way she had talked to him. She was pretty, and he had worried about her, but no one talked to him like that.
`POP' “Baka. Say something, don't just stare. You're that Rikkaidai kid, Kirihara, ne? Murderous techniques and such?”
He glared at the girl in front of him. What did she say?! He would do what he wanted. “So what if I am,” he growled.
“Oh…” Her face seemed to fall from bored to completely unimpressed. “I guess its worthless to stay here then. I mean, all you do is hit the ball around, like I do when I'm not playing seriously. See ya, then.” `POP' Turning around and starting to walk away, Miru put on a smirk. He'd be good for her warm up match, nothing else. They never where.
“WHAT?!” Kirihara roughly grabbed the girl by the shoulder and spun her around, noticing the smirk on her face as she faced him. She had planned it…
“I guess you can help me warm up then.” `POP' Even through her bubble gum, the smirk stayed in perfect place.
 
Momo stepped out of the forest, hearing familiar voices but not being able to place them. As soon as he did, he stopped in his tracks. Turning, he ran back to tell the others. Miru is going to play Kirihara…I've got to get them, I've got to help her!