Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ Arival of the three ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey! Um…sorry it took a bit long, I fell asleep on the plane, and when I got here, there was a small virus problem…anyways, its all fixed now, but ill be gone for a week on Sunday (todays Friday?) Hope you like the ramblings! ONE VERY IMPORTAINT CHAPTER IS COMING UP SOON!
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
ENJOY!
 
 
Fuji leaned back in his chair and looked out the window. The familiar sight of tree, tree, waterfall, tree, tree blocked out of his mind for the moment. He looked over to where Ryoma and Oishi where seated and have thanks they hadn't been watching where they had been going earlier. Their dulling pain was still giving him pleasure, and without them pleasuring him, none of them would have met /her/. With three of his team mates hurt, and one missing (and the replacement being Inui), he was the one who had had the most chances to talk to Miru. During the all too short ride to the hospital, she had decided to drop the formalities with him, and before `shi-kun' decided to make his lasting impression of mother/monk, they had both given up a lot of their histories to each other as well.
Miru Yamishito, Rude teenage goddess. Born in Vancouver, Canada but moved over fifteen times before the age of 6, she never truly had a childhood. At 7, her dad was taken away from her by a sudden illness, and her mother was taken away too. Well, she was still there, but now that she had taken over the company Miru never saw her. She grew up with only maids and her short term friends, her mother moving them almost every four months. She still had no time for Miru. Now, they had moved to Tokyo where the head building was. And they weren't leaving.
Fuji admired the girl from Hyotei, and hoped that he could see her again. Soon.
 
“Hoi, Miru. What are you going to do when we're practicing, anyways?” Eiji was seated next to her in the isle, and even though he was one of the regulars who knew her quite well (even though she had only been there for a few days), he found it harder to talk to her than it was to talk to most people. And he always had this funny feeling…
`POP' “Heh, I don't know, never really thought about it I guess…Hey, I know! I'll play one of you. I mean, there /are/ seven of you, ne?” At first, Miru was uninterested, only coming up because she had been invited, but when she thought about being able to play tennis with people who at least knew how to hit the ball…
“Wait, you play tennis?” Well, this would give him something to talk about for a while, hopefully.
“Well, kind of. Its always been my favourite sport besides soccer, but I know that's not to big here. Anyways, besides that fact, I've never really stayed in one place for long enough to make a team, just all private lessons and such. You know, mom owning the company and all.” She wouldn't say /who/ her private teachers had been, all that did was scare them away.
“Mou…well, I wanna play you first, okay?” That subject hadn't lasted very long…
`POP' “Ya, whatever.” Miru had reverted back to her usual self and turned to look out the window at the passing landscapes. Her mind wandered off on its own, and without her permission her body decided to fall out of consciousness. Just as Atobe announced what they would be doing.
 
`Wait, you really mean that, Fuji?!”
“Yeah, before he changed and moved to Hyotei, Kikumaru was totally /bouncy/. There was a lot of talk about bunnies, teddy bears, evil clouds that would eat the bunnies…' Fuji trailed off a moment before adding something else. `oh, and he /always had this cat thing going on. [Eiji impression] Hoi hoi!' Fuji attempted to glomp Miru while sitting. `We're gonna have fun today, ne Ochibi! The bunnies are waiting for us with the chocolate and…and…nya! You messed up my thought of trains! What was I saying, Ochibi?' Long pause. `Well, come on! We're gonna be late, any the bunnies don't like that, Nya!' [End impression] `And that was usually done in one breath too…'
Miru tried hard to think of her raven haired friend with /red/ hair and as immature as the boy beside her was sadistic. She failed miserably but burst out laughing anyways from the picture her mind had produced. `That's…so…fake!' When she finally finished laughing, she went back to her `normal' self. `POP' `you are /so/ lying. There's no way Eiji would even come close to what I saw! And…why do you call him Kikumaru anyways?
Fuji `evilified' his smile, ignoring the question. `And /what/ did you see him like, may I ask, that is so hard for him to be like?'
`Oh, well I didn't think he could really thrust like that, and I don't think he'd look quite like that without his…'
`Miru-Chan!' Oishi blushed at her comment and looked over to Fuji, who was surprisingly and uncharacteristically also blushing.
`I'm totally sorry, Shi-kun, but you know Fuji isn't the only sadistic one, ne? I just try to control myself.' `POP' Again, she didn't look sorry at all, but sent an evil looking lop-sided grin at the tensai…
 
“Ore-sama overheard that Miru can play tennis, so now that there is an even number of players, most of tomorrow will be spent in games, though there will still be some training done.” Atobe was beginning to miss Kabaji's constant `Usu's, but he was sure he'd be able to pass over that quickly, if not find some sort of replacement for it, such as a distinct `POP'. I mean, he was Atobe Keigo after all. “Two schools have vouched for the honour of playing us, so that is what Sunday will be composed of. Sleeping arrangements are the same as always. Pick whatever room you want, if you want to share you can.”
 
Eiji reached over to wake Miru, feeling awkward at disturbing her (for once) peaceful sleep.
“Hey, Eiji, are you going to wake her up or not? Gakuto leaned over from where he was standing in the isle, his hands on his hips. If Eiji noticed his smug look, he didn't show it. “You've been leaned over her for at least a minute.”
Eiji blinked once, twice… “Nya, oh my god, nya! I'm SORRY! YOU KNOW THAT, NE?!” His voice quickly went from a whisper to a near shout at he realized that he really had stayed for that long. Miru didn't flinch at his ranting. She was dreaming about her conversation with Fuji (xD)
“Um…”
“Uh, sorry, momentary relapse.” Eiji ran his hand calmly through his hair, his demeanour recovering from a moment before.
“Right…” A sweat drop appeared out of no where on Gakuto's head. “I don't blame you though. I didn't think it was possible, but she might look even /better/ when she's asleep!”
Atobe cleared his throat loudly. “I didn't bid for another Jiroh. Wake her up quickly and…” He lost his thoughts as his eyes found the sleeping girl, and he joined the ranks of her…um…the people who are watching her sleep.
[Jiroh: I take that personally! I'm a much better sleeper than her, and I'm cute asleep too, even /she/ said so!]
[Me: Um…ok then…]
 
Hyotei `arrived' an hour late. (when Miru finally woke up)
 
“So, who are the two teams, Tezuka `Buchou'?” Fuji asked the question casually, but put a mocking tone on the captains `title', so be it.
“Hyotei and Rikkaidai.” He went back to looking out the window.
Hmm…Fuji mused over the little `tournament' they where having on Sunday while eating his wasabi and ketchup chips. Rikkaidai and Hyotei…Wait, doesn't Miru go to Hyotei? She did say she liked tennis, and it seemed to me she was close to Kikumaru…I'll just have to wait and see. A fraction of a real smile passed over his face as he remembered.
 
Kirihara was deep in though on the Rikkai-die bus. I wonder if we get bed time snack now that Yuki is back…oh, and I wonder who I get to play! I'm going to kill then…I hope I don't get Fuji though, he scares the hell out of me! (literally) The boy gave an involuntary shudder.