Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ Entrance ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay! Another chapter up….im hoping the tournament will end in the next chapter at the latest…don't you want to know why Miru is here? 0.o I sure as hell do…she wont tell me…
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
Enjoy! …yes, I know my chapters are still short. GIVE ME REVIEWS, DAMMIT! The only one I have was written by someone I actually know, apparently…
 
 
Miru sat up in her bed, stretching her arms back as she yawned. Today was tournament day-today was the day she had to play `referee' between the three entrants. She rubbed the bump on her head and tried to smile, but instead slightly cringed at the shot of pain this motion caused. Apparently both Eiji and Fuji had thrown the Rikkaidai club house door open while she had been standing in front of it. She tried to smile again at the thought of two people who truly didn't approve of each other both worrying about the same thing-her. Pushing herself off her resting place, she strode to the window and saw that everyone was already on the court. Well, really on three different parts of the court. I should be making my grand entrance about now…I wonder what today will bring. A perfect smirk slipped over Miru's face as she grabbed what she needed and headed out to set up.
Yukimura glanced over to the other teams. They had started small warm up sessions, while his team stared at the Hyotei club house roof. A quiet smile played on his lips as he was reminded only they had been told of Miru's entrance. Last night had been good for everyone, getting to know someone who didn't hate them, love them or want to pile homework on them. The smile started to widen, but quickly waned as the memory of why they had gotten to know her clicked in. Both representatives from Hyotei and Seigaku had found her and apologized eventually, and she had seemed to take it well…It seemed to him it had been the truth as well, since Seigaku would worry about her playing their ace, and Hyotei would only care about their playing time. Not that they couldn't just buy more. The slight smile came back, and Yukimura scanned the rooftops with his team mates before noticing Sanada's worried look.
She slowly edged the rooftop door open, her hair rushing by for a moment as the wind pushed through the crack. Perfect. Not even the Rikkaidai regulars knew her entire entrance plan. She drew the thin cord from the bag on her back, raven hair dancing all the while as she shot one end to the court's door unnoticed. Eyes sparkeling in mischief and lips curving into a smile, she set the rest up, and with the push of a button the show started.
“Ladies and…ladies! Welcome to the first annual clubhouse tournament! Now introducing the-screeeeeech!” Those who had been ignoring the first part of the message had looked around as soon as the screeching had happened. Eyes scanned for the person who was announcing (some with slightly murderous intent after the first comment), and eventually all settled on the rooftop.
“Miru…” Eiji spotted the girl on the roof and identified her immediately.
“As I was saying, the tree participating teams are Hyotei, Seigaku and Rikkaidai! Welcome!” Another button was pushed and colours lit up the already blue sky, the rush of air from the miniature explosions throwing her hair up in a rage as the MC walked along her stage. “So now that you've all received your game schedules, let's get this thing started! Let the g-” Miru's sentence was cut short. All of the teams had their full attention on the rooftop goddess surrounded in lights. They watched as she strode across the top, as she stood and talked, as she…
Eiji's eyes grew wide in fear as he realized why the sentence had been ended. There was nothing attached to the microphone anymore. Miru had fallen. “MIRU!”
Kirihara's first response was even less helpful that that of Eiji. He stood frozen in his spot, his mind going doubling over on itself, contradictions running wild. His mind in a tie, he couldn't think properly. “Miru, don't fall!”
This…this isn't supposed to happen! The Rikkaidai captain ran towards the falling girl, not realizing the Hyotei captain had had the same idea. I've got to do something! I have to…
Fuji's smile widened. He watched as the `falling' girl's shape flowed, gently moving the air aside. She was dancing, but all around him he could still feel the panic and fear her entrance was causing. He had been shocked for a moment as well, but…He's not the only sadistic one you know…He watched as her graceful descent was stopped by her line curving towards them, dropping her still moving frame right in front of everyone.
“-ames begin!” Miru raised her hands and finished her speech, surprising all but one as not the slightest glimmer of fear showed on her face. She walked over to where Eiji and Kirihara had been unconsciously holding each other while they watched her fall. “You two shouldn't be so scared looking, it's not like I fell accidentally or anything. “Giving them both a quick smile, she turned around and shrugged her shoulders. “What are you all looking at?” `POP' “I thought the tournament had already started?”
 
Six games to three, Atobe!
Six games to two, Fuji!
Six games to four, Eiji!
Six games to one, Yukimura!
Seven games to six, Kirihara!
 
Miru smiled a secret; she had almost completely shed her shell in less than a week. She loved it here, she loved her new friends. But if she didn't' do what she had been sent here to do, then not only one of them, but all of them would be in trouble. Her face took on a troubled tone; she sat unmoving in her thought.
Fuji looked over to Miru. She was reffing the game, but although he had just gotten a point…She seemed deep in thought, and by the look on her face, it wasn't about something good.