Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ just thinking ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Boo. This is nearing the end! 0.o yes, already, so…GIVE ME A REVIEW T-T
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
ENJOY!
 
 
`POP' “Leave me alone already. I told you, I was just there to reff. Now,” `POP' “but off, unless you /want/ to die. Or be unpopular with all the guys, whichever.” Miru sent them an all to sweet smile that quickly changed into a sneer. “I said leave.” The group of girls that had attacked her at the entrance of the school scattered at the threats and the last command. `POP' “good riddance…” The guys here are awesome, but dude the girls are annoying…
The tournament had gone quite well, considering the entrants had been rival schools. Hyotei had won with Rikkaidai coming in close second. Since Seihaku had lost Eiji and the others had been injured, they only managed to pull through a few victories. She had heard that they where the best, the ones who everyone thought would win the nationals, but…After the games where reffed and done, everyone went back to ther own clubhouses quickly, even Hyotei. Atobe's chiefs had made another large meal, and although it seemed like everyone else was having fun, she could feel someone staring at her throughout the evening.
“Hey, Miru, are you alright?” Eiji's hand on her shoulder jolted her back to reality and she looked up to see his and Gakuto's worried faces.
“Ya, I'm fine.” `POP' “Just thinking.” She tried to keep cool, act like nothing was wrong, but…Miru's face gave away her concern for whatever she was thinking about, and the look in her eyes told the two boys it wasn't something pleasant.
“Miru, I…” Eiji trailed off, not completing what he had to say as Gakuto's hand on /his/ shoulder and the shake of his friends head told him this was not the time.
“We should leave her alone for now.”
Miru…what are you thinking about? You don't seem like yourself, something is bothering you, but what is it? Was it me that did something wrong?
As the two boys walked away, Miru hid again in her thoughts. I'm sorry, Eiji, but I have to do this. At least no one else will know.
 
 
 
 
“Mi-chan!” Standing at her door were the mostly cheerful looking Seigaku members, led by a large bouquet of flowers. “We came by to hang out again, if you don't mind.” Fuji had been doing the talking, as usual, and also as usual, a smile like mask was plastered on his face.
“Sure, come on in!” Her voice was cheery, but there was a hint of annoyance in it as she led them into her now well known house. In the past two weeks, her house had become the main hangout of all three schools, and even Atobe had seemed to deem it worthy. It wasn't that she didn't like the arrangement, in fact she had been having a great time, but now that her time was almost up…
“Hey, Miru, does the chief still…”
“/Yes/, Momo. The chief still makes hamburgers!” She rolled her eyes at the continuously eating player. Every time they came, that's the first place he and the chibi boy would go. “You know where to look.” She waved her hand and walked towards the room she knew Tezuka and Oishi would be in. They could never figure out how to turn `that dam hot tub' on by themselves. She laughed to herself and continued to walk through the house. Then she was finally stopped by Fuji. This time, Fuji most defiantly wasn't smiling.
“Miru, what's bothering you? You seem…” The tensai cocked his head to the side, blue eyes full of concern as he placed his hand on the girls face. “You seem really troubled today…”
I want to tell him, but I cant. Miru took a step back, away from the regular that stood in front of her. I know he likes me, and I don't want to hurt our friendship…I just can't tell him, or more than friendship will be in danger! “I…I'm sorry, it's just my mother is coming to visit and I haven't seen her in so long.” That was only half true. Her mom was coming to check up on her, but it could do.
“Oh, alright…” Fuji let his hand drop, his disappointment in her reactions clearly showing. “Can we try another round?”
“Um…I have to do something right now, but I'll be back soon. Do you think you could wait with the others for a bit?” Fuji wanted a tennis match again, as usual, but she didn't have the time. She had to do the job now, because if she didn't…
 
Eiji sat by the window, looking over at Miru's house. He knew the Seigaku members where there, but…he needed to go over and see her. He was on better terms with them now, thanks to her, though he was still angry…would it be pushing it to see her while they where still there? He /had/ to tell her, though…There where others who he knew liked her too, but he would b the first one to tell her. He had to be the first…Eiji got up and started toward the door when he heard a voice.
“Kikumaru Eiji, I presume.”
That voice…it sounds so familiar…He turned slowly in the direction of the sound to see the shadow of a girl walking out of the corner. “What…what do you want!” The girl's hair was covering her face, but the knife in her hand was all but concealed.
“I'm here for you, Eiji. Who else?” `POP' Cold silence filled the room as hair was brushed aside.
“Why.”