Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ no one here ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey hey, sorry for the wait -_-` we took an unexpected trip to seatle to visit a relative -_- why am I staying away from home so much this summer…I just want to sit and write! (although…this is getting to be really bad xD
Well, enjoy!
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
ENJOY!
 
 
“I'm sorry it had to be this way, Eiji. I really like you, but this is something that I have to do.” Miru walked towards the petrified tennis player, head cocked to the side with an almost trademark smirk. The only difference was the pain filled eyes. I'm sorry…this, this… “Don't scream, it will go better if you don't.” Throwing her head back to rid her face of the fallen hair, she let the knife catch the little light that was in the room. She continued stalking forward, an unpleasant smile moving onto her lips.
“M…Miru? But why…” His voice was barely audible, the confusion not letting him think straight. She's here; I should tell her I like her. What the hell am I thinking! She has a knife pointed at me! He took a step back, trying to get away from the girl in front of him but stumbled, falling into the floor. Dragging himself across it to distance himself from her, he found himself pressed upon the wall.
“It seems you can't go any further. Eiji…” She bent over him and raised the knife over her head before changing it to a place right above her victims heart. “This is because you're a deserter, Eiji. The mark hidden on your face, we know.” She smiled, eyes widening in sadistic pleasure before filling with grief. For the first in along time, a solitary tear slid from the safety it had known. I've gotten to attached to you…you've all changed me so much, everyone, but Eiji, you the most of all…Her face turned down, hair cascading over it and then flying out as she turned away. “I…I'm sorry. I'm not going to do this. Eiji, I like you. I like you a lot. You helped me to open up, you all did…stay safe, they know where you are.”
He could hear her crying as she ran from the room, leaving the knife on the ground beside him. “Miru…” She was part of `them'. She was never really here, never really real…She just wanted to…His frustrated yells echoed down the halls, the knife in plain site for the next person to wander into the room.
 
Fuji paced in the hall, his smiling mask in pieces. Miru had been gone for over two hours, and although neither Tezuka nor Oishi had noticed the absence of their hostess after the tub had been turned on…He started wringing his hands, a worried look darting through his bright blue eyes. It wasn't like him to be so much like Oishi, but he had wanted to tell her something important. She had left just as he was going to tell her that he liked her, and learn if just maybe she liked him to, but she hadn't come back. He started off to find Momo and Ryoma, wanting to know if they knew anything, when the doorbell wrung and dragged him out of his worry for Miru.
That's got to be her now! I'll head down to catch her as she comes in…He turned around and walked towards the front door before the bell went off again. It usually doesn't take this long for the maids to get the door…He hurried his pace, reaching the door just as the bell rang again. He pulled it open to find Hyotei minus Kikumaru-kun standing impatiently on the step.
“Ore-sama /demands/ to know why the opening of the door was delayed.”
 
“Hmm…I wonder where the chief is with those burgers…” Momo and Ryoma sat in front of the large TV, waiting for their eleventh burgers to show up.
“Mada mada dane, Momo senpai. You have to be more patient. Baka.” The pint sized player pulled his hat down, covering his face to emphasize that he didn't really care about getting the burgers. His growling stomach said otherwise, and as a slight blush crept up his face, he found himself in a headlock.
“Hahaha! Whatever you say, oh great and mighty O-chibi!” Momo ruffled his hair a bit, then let go, a serious look passing over. “But seriously, we've been waiting for him for about an hour, and I haven't seen any other personelle since then either…and you heard how many times the bell rang before one of the maids got to it, right? Maybe something happened…”
Ryoma simply turned away, motioning that he didn't want to talk about it. Momo is right though, something is wrong here. Not only aren't there any staff, but I haven't seen Miru since we got here, either. I have a strange feeling that…
 
“So, where's Miru?” Gakuto peered around Atobe, his face lit up at the idea of seeing his most pretty best friend. He jumped forward, his face now less than a foot away from the awkwardly standing Fuji. “I have to tell her something!” He grinned, and after a second looked over Fuji and into the house. “Why did /you/ open up the door, Fuji? Where are the maids? I want a…a…” No special drink came into his mind, so he decided to try something that Miru had referred to. “I want a pina colada!” He yelled this into the large entry way, but his call wasn't returned. Curious, he pushed passed Fuji and into the room, looking around a bit. Every once and a while, he called for a drink, but his answer never came. Eyes widening in shock, he turned slowly to face Fuji and the others. “Fuji, there's no one here but us…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fuji: Wait, since when did he start calling me Fuji!
Me: This chapter? 0.o
Gaku: Well, Fuji-kun is /way/ annoying to say, and since we're friends, Fuji is appropriate, no?
Fuji: And since when where we friends?
Gaku: Friends, acquaintances, as long as we're not enemies, we're friends! -glomps Fuji-
Me: Wow…Gaku's turned into the old Eiji…
Gaku: -screams and hides- I don't wanna be like hiiiiiim!