Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ Somthing wrong ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

HEY! Im so so sorry the update took this long…I had a giant case of writers block, plus back to school shopping trips and back to school…anyways, im hoping it will go smoother now, because even I want to know what the heck Miru's going to do! Thanks a ton to Eva for the review, this chappie is dedicated to you for giving me an idea…
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
Enjoy! Im so sorry its short T-T don't hate me, my muse is on vacation T-T
 
 
Fuji listened intently, gathering every piece of information he could. Everything fit together perfectly, just like clockwork, but he wouldn't believe it, /couldn't/ believe it. It seemed like some made up tale, one that had happened to someone else far, far away. This was the first time everyone had been together since Miru and Kikumaru had disappeared, this was the day that Kikumaru came back. A week had gone by with no knowing where he was, then they had all received the same message. `My house, 6pm. Eiji.' Everyone had shown up, and in the large room now exchanged their stories. It seemed everyone had something to contribute, except for him.
So…Myself, Eiji, Kirihara and the in denial Atobe all liked Miru…We should have been the first to notice if something was off…/I/ should have noticed something… He turned his gaze to the large bay window and continued to think. If Miru just needed to kill Eiji - Kikumaru, then why hadn't she done so sooner? Did she want to, or was she being forced to…
Getting up, he pushed back his chair and, unaware of the stares he was getting, made his way towards the window. Reaching out his hand, he allowed himself to reach for Miru's place, for what they had had before, only to be abruptly stopped by the reality of the glass pane between him and his goal. The inevitable separation. His frustration was let out in a sigh, his eyes wandering over the expanse of unused land as he remembered the many times in the short weeks they had been there. He still expected her to be standing in the doorway, the first thing giving her away the loud popping of her gum. He turned around to face the room, sadistic smile back in its place, as he heard Kikumaru approaching. If nothing else, I should help get everyone's mind off of this. Maybe I can find Inui and then…the punch will never be the same. I love that juice…
Facing the other way, the unknowing Fuji missed the brief sway of the curtains in the all but empty mansion.
 
“The target isn't going anywhere, but we may have a problem, Rei-san. It seems that not only are the police still patrolling the area, but he has all his friends - from all three schools - with him.” The speaker momentarily pulled back the curtains in the room she had been stationed in, risking a glance at the gathering of boys though the space. A malevolent look stretched her features, she knew no matter what Rei decided, it would be FUN.
“K-chan, good to hear from you.” A smooth voice drifted into her earpiece, Rei had finally made his decision. “I told you, why the formalities when we're on our private line, K-chan.”
“Reeeiii…” Just hurry up ad tell me what we're going to do!” Kasumi paced the room, whining to Rei on her headset.
“Well, there's a bed in the other room and since we /are/ alone for a while, we-”
“REI!”
“Mou…sure, sure. Well, since there…”
 
Miru sat, unmoving in her dimly lit room. Eyes closed, she was thinking about her future, or now lack thereof. She had betrayed her friends, but she had also betrayed the KC. Now she shared the same fate as Eiji-kun…they would get rid of her as soon as they found her. She had told Eiji to disappear, and judging by the paper he had done just that, but something was still bothering her…