Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ Driving ahead ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Peh…nothing much, and yet again im sorry for the wait. School is KILLING me, but im going to try to finish as hard as I can! Hopefully done by end of October, that means lots of writing from me!
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
“Dinner is served.”
Momo's mouth watered as the food was brought out and set on the long oak table. The boys seated around the dining hall promptly stopped their conversations as the large meal was placed in front of them.
“What,” Eiji smirked, “have you beggars never seen food before?” Reaching over and grabbing a handful of fries, his smirk widened. “And don't fill up on hotdogs and burgers, this course is here just to make Seigaku feel at home.” Though his voice made it sound like he was insulting his former team mates, everyone knew it was a joke.
Wow…if he made a course just for these Seigaku losers…well not quite losers, but still, if he made them a course, I wonder what ours will be like! Gakuto stuffed a burger into his mouth and looked around the room. The hall was bit enough to hold all of the teams easily, and was very well decorated. The statues seemed so real… “Eiji, those statues, where did you get them made?” Pointing behind him to where the statues stood, he stuffed another burger into his mouth.
“Gaku, I think you're going crazy, I don't own any statues…”
 
 
“You idiot! We could have been caught!” The two figures clad in black had quickly darted out of view. As one turned to the other to start scolding again, the crackle of their earpieces was heard.
“Kasumi, come in. Is team A in position? I repeat, is team A in position?”
“Yes, Rei, we are in place. And what about Nami and yourself, are you both ready to go?” Hand to her ear as to help her hear incoming messages, she listened for the response.
“Yes, we are. Wait for the signal and then move into place. Remember, Eiji is the one we're after, but if anyone else gets in our way…”
“Yes sir!”
 
 
“So where are you heading to, little miss?” The taxi driver looked back to where the young girl was strapping herself in.
“Crestwood. I need to get there as soon as possible, please.” The girl started fiddling with the bills in her hand.
“Aren't you just a little underdressed for Crestwood, missy? His face showed disbelief as he looked over her completely black, not to mention skin tight, outfit. “I know that you young people are into vinyl, and it looks good on you, but…” He stopped as he felt a cool, metal object slip into place against his temple.
“Drive.”
 
 
Eiji stood up at the end of the table, glass raised in the air. “I would like to make a toast. For allowing us to meet and giving us something in common, let us toast to the game of Tennis.”
“To the game of tennis!” Glass against glass was then heard as everyone toasted to their sport, everyone except Fuji.
Tezuka turned to Fuji, wanting someone who could at least keep his attention for longer that a minute to talk with, and immediately knew that something was wrong. The tensai's normally smiling mask was missing. Reaching out to `comfort' his, Tezuka put his hand on the boy's shoulder. “Fuji, are you-”
He was cut off as the tensai stood, and just as Eiji had done, raised his glass and proposed a toast. “To the person who captured our hearts, and brought us together more than our game ever could. To the one who betrayed us all, To Miru.”
 
 
“This house, thank you.” Throwing the bills onto the shaking man's lap, the girl slammed the door and started up the walk, earpiece in place. “Now to finish this off…” Muttering to herself, she quietly scaled the building and let herself in.
 
 
“Kasumiii…When are we going to /do/ something!” The whineier of the two uninvited guests stood waiting for their cue impatiently.
“Stop complaining, Mizuki. We'll be moving as soon as-” Nothing more of what she said was heard, because at that moment the warning bell had wrung.