Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What if ❯ chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Last time

"Gosh, When did you arrive?" Marui gasped as he raised his head only to find Eiji hovering above him.
"I only just arrived and since you're so deep in thoughts... I thought I wouldn't disturb you, but it had been so long and if I don't make a move to collect my cousin now... I bet I won't even have time for a shower later on. Since my cousin had a habit of pestering me all night... and if I wanted to spent time over at your house. We'll have to go now, so that we can ensure a few moments of privacy before my cousin decided to wake up from his afternoon cat nap. " Eiji answered as he leaned over to give a peck on Marui's cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chapter 16- secret reveal!

Time passes by in a flash, soon it was weekend once again. Two weeks had passes since the fellow members of the Seigaku Tennis Club deemed Eiji's behavior as weird. Oishi frowned yet again as Eiji brushing past him without any greeting and blot for the school gate.

"Ne... Oishi, how about tailing him?" Fuji suggested to Oishi after sharing a look with Ryoma.

"Matte Fuji!" Oishi protested as Fuji had dragged him along with an un-willing Ryoma as they followed Eiji behind. They watched as Eiji entered the train station and bought a ticket for Kanagawa. Entering the station they decided to keep an eye out for Eiji by entering the next cabin. They were so shocked and stunned when they found Eiji heading towards Rikaidai and even entering the school without any trouble as though he's not the first time there. The other students from the school even greeted him when he entered. They decided to wait for a few seconds before following Eiji, but instead of people ignoring their entrance they were surrounded by students who was staring at them suspiciously.

Ryoma took one look at the surrounding and sighed as he stepped up to the front of Fuji. Fuji and Oishi looked at Ryoma skeptically wondering what Ryoma was going to do, however, Ryoma did one thing which totally shocked Fuji and Oishi. Ryoma walked up to one of the student who is back-facing him and tapped the latter on the shoulder. The student turned around, take one look at Ryoma and stared at him in shock.

"Stop gaping at me, tell the rest of them to back off. I can bring my team mates here, can't I? By the way, where's she?" Ryoma snapped at the boy who was still gaping at him.
"The court..." that was all the boy could uttered, Ryoma shook his head in defeat and dragged Fuji and Oishi towards the tennis court.

They were about to reach the court when they caught Eiji and Marui behind a pillar kissing each other senseless. Fuji looked on with an amused expression, Ryoma just rolled his eyes while Oishi turns beet red and bellowed "Eiji!"
Eiji and Marui were so engrossed in their kiss when they heard Oishi's bellowing. They separate themselves so fast that Eiji almost fell but Marui managed to catch him on his waist before Eiji hit the ground.
Eiji stared wide-eyed at Oishi before yelling "What in the world are you doing here?"

Oishi shot Fuji a pleading look which was returned by one of Fuji's michievious one, Fuji was about to say something when the whole group of the Rikaidai players came over and gathered around them.

"So... what do we have here? A group of Seigaku players?" Kirihara Akaya said as he observed a red-faced Marui, a wide-eyed Kikumaru, a panicking Oishi, a amused Fuji and Ryoma with no expression on. Sanada just stared at everyone emotionlessly, yanagi frowned, Jackal just stared at them, Yukimura who just returned to the school earlier in the day just smiled as he watched the exchange.

"Saa..." Fuji made a move to answer when Eiji narrowed his eyes at Fuji and said "It was your idea, isn't it?"
Fuji, however despite Eiji's sudden change in behavior is not affected at all as he continue smiling at everyone and asked "What do you mean by my idea, Eiji?"
"Your fantastic idea of urging Oishi to follow me..." Eiji answered before shaking his head in defeat "Never mind, you will never admit it outwardly. I should have known it would be your idea..."
"A-ra! why did you say so?" Fuji continue to act naive, which only causes Ryoma to snort in disbelief and Eiji to stare at him incredulously.

Turning to Ryoma, Eiji exclaimed "If that's the way he behave all the time, how did you survive? Nyah... Ochibi, please enlightened me." Shaking his head he snapped his attention back to Oishi who's still gaping and Fuji and sighed "Fuji, you know you are a sadist right? Oishi, snapped out of it already! It's not like you haven't seen two guys kissing before, Ochibi and Fuji did it all the time."

"Iya... Eiji, I'm just surprised..." Oishi mumbled softly but still loud enough for Eiji's sense of hearing. Eiji was about to response when they heard it, footsteps running and heading their way. Suddenly, someone yelled "Ryoma-kun!" and a flash of red attached herself at Ryoma's refusing to move. Everyone stared at Ryoma while Ryoma just stood rigid to the spot and crouched down to the height of the girl.

"Melissa... What are you doing here?" Ryoma gritted out in frustration trying to keep himself calm.
"Ryoma- kun, I'm here because Carl brought me here..." Melissa, the girl answered as she looked at Ryoma with innocent eyes.
"How did you know I'm here?" Ryoma asked again.
"Hikoichi announced it at the conference room in front of everyone." Melissa answered cheerfully, while everyone could feel Ryoma's irritation at his peak.
"Melissa, you say Hikoichi practically announced it?" Ryoma asked coldly.
"Yes, and Carl almost dropped his mug of coffee in shock." Melissa continued happily.
"Melissa, go and play somewhere else... I am having a conversation with my friends here." Ryoma said as he glanced around at the group staring at him.
"Okay!" Melissa bounced off happily.

The moment Melissa disappeared from view, Ryoma let lose a string of colorful curses shocking everyone. Even Fuji was caught off- guard for a moment, he'd barely recovered from shock when Ryoma stalked past Sanada to reach a first year hiding behind Sanada and cowering in fear.

"Hikoichi, What in the bloody hell are you trying to do? I thought I already told you to back off, did you not hear what I say? Of all things to do, Why did you just have to announce my presence to the whole lot of them? Worst still, you just had to do it in front of everyone when they're in the conference room, isn't it?" Ryoma glared at the boy who's shaking in fear.

"I didn't mean it..." Hikoichi whimpered.
"Didn't mean it, and pray tell why did you do that? Fine, announce it for all I care... but why did you have to do it in front of Carl...I'd been trying to avoid him desperately. Hell, now I would have to spend the night at the bloody mansion which I'd absolutely refused to live in just to explain my absence from the annual family dinner last week to my grandparents. To make it worst, Carl will take the chance to poke fun at me." Ryoma continue to rant until he paused and eyed Hikoichi and announced "If I had to suffer, you shall not be spared as well..."

"But..." Hikoichi started only to have Ryoma cut him off, "No but! You're going and that's final!". Hikoichi looked as if trying to speak some more but was silenced at the sight of Ryoma's death glare. With a sigh, he left the scene dejectedly. That was when Hiroshi strolled into the school compound, he took one look at the group who's still gaping at Ryoma and sighed.

"I take it that this is the first time you guys ever seen him with so much emotion?" Hiroshi interjected causing Oishi to jump with fright.
"Hiroshi, is that what you're trying to warn me from?" Ryoma shot Hiroshi a glare.
"Well... I did warn you when I spotted Carl at the street tennis court the other day... but I certainly hasn't expected this scenario. I would have warn you yet again if i'd known you are going to be here today..."

"Yeah... but the problem is I never expected myself to be here today, it was unexpected." Ryoma answered with a sigh and shot a look at the culprit, Fuji. Catching the hint Hiroshi said "Well... in that case I can only hope that you'll survived through dinner tonight without any torture. "

"You are going to be there?" Ryoma raised an eyebrow skeptically.
"Well... unfortunately, I am not your father who'd been given the priviledge of missing the dinner without reason. I am expected to be there as well... If i were given a choice, I'll chose to stay home as well." Hiroshi answered with a shrug.

to be continue~
date completed: 08/03/05