Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ Lost ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lost
 
Ashitaka slowly released himself from Sasuke's grasp and walked towards San.
“Ashitaka no!” “
“It's alright Sasuke; I know what I'm doing.” He reassured Sasuke, and resumed walking up to San, but stop at a quite far off distance, as the two humans stared into each other's eyes. “I…I thought I knew…but know I do…you were cursed too weren't you?” Then wind brushed pass San's face as it swept her hair into her face. She then slowly walked up to him, but Ashitaka still stayed put. He saw her face grew darker, the smile that what use to be there, then mutated into a horrid frown, but when she finally stopped, he saw something that was nonetheless the same; her eyes were still grey and innocent. Ashitaka breathed in deeply as they looked at each other intently.
“Please…tell me…did you bear the curse too?”
“What does it matter to you? It's none of your business.” San sneered at him and looked away.
“It is!” Ashitaka heavily stated, which made San look at him strangely. “Of course it is!” He cried out once more and sighed. “Why…why didn't you tell me this before? Is it because you're afraid that I wouldn't lo-
He saw the expression on San's face, it was shadowy, but sad, so sad it made Ashitaka want to cry a little; he still couldn't' bring himself up to say “I love you” to her. But then he flung himself on top of San when then a gunshot nearly hit her. They rolled round in each other's arms until they came to a stop with Ashitaka still on top of her.
“Ashitaka!” She gasped into each other's eyes and they both started to blush. But they then looked at Asano with a gun in his hands, and he then pulled out a young girl in a pink kimono.
“Kaya!” they both inhaled.
“Ashitaka! San help me!” Ashitaka then rose up from San and began to run towards Kaya, but stopped in his tracks when Asano pointed the gun to her head.
“Ah, careful Emishi.” Ashitaka growled at him when he stepped back. “Now give me the wolf girl.” But then Asano's head departed from his body as the blood soared away from his arteries; leaving Kaya to escape. Ashitaka turned round and saw one of San's vectors tore Asano's head off.
“That's why I didn't want to tell you; because you would think of me as a monster.” San trembled a little.
“San, that is not true.” He ran back to her and held her up. “You are who you are and I love you for that!” San then gasp at him with a small sense of light.
“What did you say?” San asked him frantically.
“I said I…” Ashitaka stuttered at that moment, but then disrupted by Keirtoro and his remaining men. They encircled them both in a corner as Ashitaka clutched San close to his heart.
“We can't let the boy escape with Princess Mononoke.” Keirtoro embarked.
“Then what shall we do?” asked one of the soldiers.
“Waste him!” They then let loose their bullets from their guns and fired at Ashitaka, but neither bullet touched him.
“It's alright Ashitaka.” He then looked down at San and then saw the bullets levitating stilly. They then slowly dropped and then the desecrated limbs and intestines started to float, and were then thrown at the soldiers as they backed away in terror.
“Damn it! I can't let the girl runaway with those powers.” Keirtoro cursed and then looked at one samurai. “Fire the Emishi in the head.”
“Right.” The soldier then sneakily went round the back unnoticed.
“Ashitaka, there's something you should know.” San looked at him quite tearfully.
“What is it?”
“It's about your father.” Ashitaka then looked at her with confusion.
“What about my father?”
“The man who murdered him is…” She then looked behind her and saw the soldier pointing the gun at Ashitaka. But then, she pushed him away from her, and then suddenly…
BANG!
…a gunshot was fired. Ashitaka watched San collapse to the floor, as gasped a little looking down at her. Her blood spilled to the floor from her head, she then looked pale, and there was no movement in her eyes. She was, in fact, dead.
Ashitaka heart thumped faster, his breathing stopped for a moment, and his eyes grew small and withered to what he saw.
“AAAARRRRGGHH!!” He screamed out, as he plummeted to the floor and held the frozen San in his arms and shook her. “Wake up! Please wake up! You can't leave me here on my own!” He shivered and shook with horror.
“Idiot! What have you done?!” Another samurai shouted at him.
“It was her fault! She got in the way!” the one who shot San argued back.
Actually he's a genius!” Keirtoro chuckled with glee. The others looked puzzled to what he had just said. “I'll tell you later.”
Ashitaka then flicked his head up to the sky with tears running down his face.
“What's the matter with me?! I can't even save a girl in my arms!” Then a gunshot was fired once more; it didn't hit Ashitaka but it did slit his cheek a little.
“Give up the body now.” Keirtoro ordered.
“Why?!” Ashitaka turned to him with anger and torment on his face. “She is no use to you anymore!”
“She still is!” Then another gash of wind swept past. Ashitaka couldn't feel the touch of San at that point, so he looked down, but San wasn't anymore. He turned back to Keirtoro to see San in his arms instead of his.
“Give her back!” he cried out.
“I afraid I can't do that.” Keirtoro replied coolly. Ashitaka growled at him and tried to attack him, but stopped at Keirtoro pointed the gun to his head.
“After you've seen her death, are you willing to see yours?” Ashitaka choked with his tears still pouring down. “Sorry boy; but you got to die.” But then there was a huge explosion coming from the other side as it created a sandstorm around them. Ashitaka was left alone in this mud-colored fog, but was then fallen into the vectors of Sasuke as he was pulled away from where he was standing, and into his arms.
“Let me go! I need to save San!”
“No, not now!” Ashitaka began to move around violently as he, Sasuke and Motoko were forced to leave Irontown with haste. The sandstorm then cooled down as Keirtoro saw that Ashitaka was gone.
“Dammit! He's gone; all of them are!” one samurai cursed.
“They will be back, and when they are, I'll be ready.” Keirtoro chuckled as he and the others lead back inside the forge with San in his arms.
 
The other three managed to get back to their house, and panted heavily for air as they escaped from Keirtoro and his grasp. Sasuke still had Ashitaka wrapped round his arm and looked down upon him.
“Are you alright?” Ashitaka then harshly shoved Sasuke to one side, ran away from him until he stumbled from about a meter from him, and vomited aggressively until he choked on his own blood.
“Ashitaka that's enough!” Sasuke ran to him and rubbed his back.
“We need to get inside; it's not safe out here.” Motoko spoke out to them, as then Sasuke brought up Ashitaka's broken body into the house and slid the door shut.
“She's gone Sasuke.” Ashitaka silently whispered to him.
“I'm sorry.” Ashitaka then threw Sasuke to one side and growled at hi viciously.
“No you're not! You just feel sorry for yourself!” Sasuke then turned his expressions to guilt and looked at Ashitaka with sympathy.
“Ashitaka…”
“No! I said we should get back, but you ran away with me liked a coward!”
“Ashitaka, we were outnumbered; we wouldn't have stood a chance.” Motoko intervened.
“You all just care for yourselves! You care nothing for others! So just LEAVE ME ALONE!!” Ashitaka ran out of the house and collapsed again, veiling his face with tears as the rain began to pour down on a dark sundown.
“We should leave him for a bit.” Sasuke softly spoke to Motoko.
“Will he be okay?”
“I don't think so.”