Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ Together or Not? ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Together or Not?
 
Ashitaka was left in the room with a fur blanket covered up to his chest, and sweat off his tension as he sleeps in a blank dream. Sasuke on the other hand, walked out of the room where he saw Motoko with her arms and facing out of the window.
“Are you mad with me?” Sasuke asked with some confidence but little sound. Motoko then turned to him along with her face.
“Why?”
“Because…if I didn't ran off like that…and didn't trail you and the others along with me…then San would still be alive.” She then turned her full body to Sasuke and drew a quite angry, but withered and weak façade.
“Some things are meant to happen; maybe San was one of them. But actions I sometimes see from you are quite irrational.” Sasuke then huffed out a bit a breath and pulled a quite stern face at her.
“18 years I have been a subject of irrationality.” He then started walking up to her firmly. “18 years I have killed a lot and saved very little.” Motoko then tried to look away from her but Sasuke refused to read her body language. “So why, after 18 years of my life…aren't you dead?” Motoko then defiantly but softly looked at him in the face.
“You still have sentiment.” Sasuke then twitched and stepped back a little. “Would you love me, if you just have a heart of stone?” Sasuke then sharply turned away from her and into the reflection of the moonlight within the midnight shadow that poured over the room.
“I do not…love you.” He coldly hissed back. But then Motoko decided to confront the matter with him as she walked back to him.
“There were many things you once were…” She then got Sasuke to look at her with a softer look upon him. “…But never cruel.” Sasuke then looked down at her with worry. “You have corrupted your purpose.” Motoko spoke back in a firm tone. “And so yourself.” She added the last bit, and then delicately reached out her hand to him. “And you have hidden away, what makes you once human.” She then touched his chest where his heart was buried in, and then Sasuke gasped in a big heap of breath and panted out in little ragged spells. Motoko then couldn't realize what she saw of Sasuke; his hair was dark chocolate brown, his eyes were gleaming of hazel, and there were no stripes across his cheeks; just nothing but tanned smooth skin. Motoko then raised her hand higher and touched his cheek and felt the warmness of his hairless pelt, as Sasuke stuttered from the change.
“H-How…?”
“It must be you; your own magic maybe.” Motoko replied. He then slowly raised his hand and stroked her cheek gently with his fingertips.
“Motoko, you…” Motoko then lifted her eyes towards him.
“You will be free, and when you are; I would give you my heart, and we would be together always…” She then let go of Sasuke, as he then began to return to his inhuman, and most hated appeared back again. “…If only you believed in love.” Motoko finished her sentence. But then Sasuke returned his emotions of ignorance and neglect, as he then clutched onto her throat quite tightly. Motoko gasped in some amount of air before she ran out of it. “Why do you stay?” Motoko demanded. Then Sasuke loosened his anger, and gradually let go of her. But then he felt some slithering in his veins dues to his snakes of hate. He clenched his fists in order for them to go away, and then he clutched even more as he squinted eyes with more pressure. Motoko looked at his arm and see what he was trying to suppress. Sasuke then looked at Motoko, with quite an alarming look, and then back her up against a wall behind her as she looked at him with a bit of worry.
“And if I say I do love you…what would be your reaction?”
“I don't know.” Motoko firmly stated him, Sasuke then let Motoko pass and let her lean her body against an open window with the moonshine gleaming down on them. “I guess the only way to find out, is if you stop hiding now!” She quite loudly spoke back. Sasuke sighed melancholy and opened the slide in front of him to let himself out, but Motoko stopped him as she turned back to him.
“So are we together or not…Sasuke?” Sasuke then looked at her from behind.
“My heart will always belong to you.” He quite poignantly spoke back; Motoko then smiled a little and resumed watching the night sky flourish in the air, as Sasuke walked out of the house. Motoko then heard grunts coming from Ashitaka's room. She assumed that it would be another bad dream, so she quietly walked into his room, and saw his body sweat intensely, and moan worryingly as he slept restless.