Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Jack and Jill ❯ Are You Sure That's Not An Alias? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter gave me so much trouble. By the way, Quackenboss is an actual last name. Also, you win a virtual pineapple smoothie if you know where "super special awesome" is from.
 
The police station was swarming with activity. Crime scene photos were plastered all over a number of bulletin boards and detectives were shouting out instructions so quickly that Gus was amazed anyone heard them all. Apparently, Shawn was right when he said something big was going down.
“Hey, Buzz!” Shawn's voice rang out with a surprising amount of volume. McNab looked up from his study of some paperwork and gave a little wave. “What's up with all these photos everywhere? Isn't the chief worried about leaking details to the press?”
The officer's expression was torn between being happy to see his friend and grave because of the latest case. “Really,” he began, “I don't think that's much of a problem. There's nothing here that you can't find in a library.”
Shawn and Gus exchanged puzzled glances. This was unusual, to say the least. They gave a quick “See you later” to the cop and made their way to the chief's office, sidestepping hassled police all the way.
 
---------
 
As the clock struck five, Shawn flounced into the office followed by a considerably mellower Gus. “Hey, Chief,” he chirped, barely acknowledging Juliet and Lassiter's presence as he came to rest in front of the desk. “You needed my super special awesomeness for something?”
Gus gave a brief nod to the two detectives as he, too, stepped up to the desk.
Chief Vick looked like she was fighting off a headache of Godzilla-like proportions as she gave the fake psychic a look. “Sit down, Mr. Spencer, Mr. Guster.” As they settled themselves into the remaining two chairs, Karen handed them one of two files lying in the center of the desk. “The victim is Mary Decker. She was murdered three weeks ago.”
Gus leaned toward his friend in order to see the now open file. On the first page was a photograph of a young woman; her blonde pixie cut contrasted with her bruised jaw and slashed throat.
Jules spoke up as they studied the picture. “She had slashes on her abdomen and stab wounds to her genitals.”
“Postmortem,” Lassiter grudgingly added.
Gus paled a little at their words. Shawn, however, raised a hand to his temple. “I'm sensing there was another victim.”
The Chief gave a grim nod before handing him the remaining file and replying, “Today we found the body of Anne Quackenboss. She had the same bruising around the jaw and her throat was also slashed.”
Burton quirked an eyebrow as if to say “Quackenboss? Really?” However, this moment ended rather abruptly as he tugged the file away from Shawn in order to see the photo. The image of the brunette's corpse, large portions of the lower body gouged out and intestines draped across the left shoulder like a shawl, sent him racing toward the bathroom.
Shawn blinked as he watched his friend go and then glanced at everyone's serious expressions. He had an idea of what was going on, but had to wait for Gus to get back first. He needed a ride home, after all.
 
The next chapter is the amazing psychic vision. Hopefully, it will be out in a decent amount of time.
Reviews are cherished like children.