Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Ragnarok-Conquest ❯ Meeting of Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Part1-Meeting of Friends

“So Ginzu, what brings you back here? The other crusaders are still wondering if you had died. That druid you killed is proof that you have greatly increased your powers. Anyway, that druid is not native to this area, so only one thing could have brought it here,” says Belthezor in a serious mood.

“Yes Belthezor, a branch of a the dead tree. At least it was just an evil druid, if a Dark Illusion had turned up, there's no telling what will happen.”

Ryogi and Usher walk in. Usher looks as if he had just got up. Ryogi though was with someone, a wizard. He looks up at the others.

“Hey guys! This is Nazreen. Call him Naz for short. So, uhh…did we miss anything?” asked Ryogi.

“Well, I was headed for the drainage, you guys want to come? How about you Naz?” Ginzu asked.

The others looked eager to go but Nazreen seemed uninterested and kept quiet. “Fine, it's settled that we'll go there. So… are you coming Naz?” asked Usher.

“Err…well, I actually …” mumbled Nazreen. “Aww…why don't you come along??” asked Ryogi. “Later…” Nazreen walked out the door of the inn.

“Weird guy isn't he…” said Ryogi with a frown.

*********************************************************** *************


In the drainage, Ginzu led his friends to the heart of the Drainage, where the Golden Thief Bug resides. On the way there, they saw many a novice hunting Porings.

“Remember when we were like them? You kept attacking that pupa and it broke into a Creamy and you ran for it? Lucky thing that knight was there, if not, you might not be here Belthezor,” said Ginzu.

“Did you have to remind me?? I had bruises all over,” retaliated Belthezor.

They approached the drainage and readied their equipment. Ginzu removed his sword, a blue hilted flamberge, readied his shield and entered the drainage. Usher rode his Peco Peco. Ryogi walked in casually. Belthezor walked in and readied his spells. He cast spells like `Gloria' `Magnificat' `Angelus' `Increase Agility' and `Blessing on his comrades.

The first floor was deserted from any sign of life. “Where are the Thief Bugs? I thought this place was infested,” said Usher. “Hey, what's a thief bug look like? I heard of them but never really saw one…” said Ryogi. “Well it looks like that!” Usher charged towards a larger than average cockroach. His spear broke the Thief Bug into pieces. “That was weak…” Ryogi walked up to the insect and examined it. “I cant tell whether its male or female.” “Its impossible to see whether its male or female when its young,” said Belthezor.

They walked on. To the second, the third, and finally the fourth floor of the Drainage. Much larger thief bugs were encountered, though they had no chance against the party. Deeper into the last floor they saw a glow coming from around a corner. “I think we've found what we are looking for.” Ginzu walked slowly towards the corner. More than twenty Male Thief Bugs were found, in the middle, The Golden Thief Bug.

Ryogi sarted casting her spells. “ Thunder Storm!!” A lightning cloud appeared above the insects, a lightning bolt came down and killed the Male Thief Bugs. Only the Golden Thief Bug was left. Usher charged the bug but missed. Ginzu flung his shield and hit the Golden Thief Bug and returned to him like a boomerang. Ryogi started to cast a spell. “Deluge!!” she yelled and the ground was emanating an aura of water and ice. She casted spells like “Cold Bolt”, “Frost Diver”, and “Water Ball.”

The Golden Thief Bug wasn't finished yet. More Thief Bugs came to its aid, overwhelming the party. Usher raised his spear in the air and yelled “Brandish Spear.” He spun his spear around; killing the thief bugs but only damaged the Golden Thief Bug.

The Golden Thief Bug was now on an offensive. It attacked Ginzu but his shield deflected the attack. Ginzu now charged, while Ryogi casted frostdiver…. It never seemed to get frozen…. The Golden Thief Bug never seemed to flinch…

The party was at its ends. Anymore Thief Bug attacks they would be totally overwhelmed. Ginzu was getting frustrated, Usher's Peco Peco was tired, Usher himself was still steadfast, Ryogi was getting dazed, Belthezor couldn't hold on much longer. Ginzu had to make a choice, continue fighting and lose the party or retreat and admit defeat.

“Guys, run… Usher and I will hold them off.” Said Ginzu. “What?” Ryogi was shocked Although they just met, they had felt that they couldn't leave their friends. Belthezor was casting his Holy Light skill and yells “We wont leave you two out here…” “Yes you will!” Usher yelled as he evaded an attack.

The four of them had turned out to be the best of friends. As the Golden Thief Bug marches along its children to defeat them, a light appears from across the tunnel. The light stopped but a blizzard started. Freezing everything within range. Nazreen walks and yells “Ice wall!!” Immediately, pillars of ice form around the frozen Thief Bugs, trapping them, including The Golden Thief Bug.

Usher and Ginzu didn't miss this opportunity, Ginzu started chanting and suddenly, a huge cross appeared on the ground, centering on Ginzu. A bright light was emitting from the cross. All around him were obliterated. Usher charged towards the Golden Thief Bug. His spear was sharp but, as he tried to pierce the insect, he yelled “Spear Stab!!” The second the spear hits the Golden Thief Bug was hit, it was flung by the impact of the spear. It flew across the drain and crashed on the wall, and died on impact.

“Did we do it?? Have we defeated the legendary Golden Thief Bug?” asked Ginzu in his heart. Would they have killed something that threatened the life of any who entered the drainage?

Ryogi examined the carcass. It had dropped something. “What the hell…this thing…it looks like…Golden underwear… I won't wear this even if its pure gold!”

“No one `s asking you to Ryogi. Anyway…I guess we owe thanks to our hero here…thanks Naz, you did it.” Said Ginzu

“No prob, I just wanted to see how you guys fight before I join…Anyway…. you four have killed more than 500 thief bugs in this level. Why don't u pick up some junk and sell them??”

The others wee exited that the legendary Golden Thief Bug is dead. Ginzu noticed something in the sticky bodily fluids of the golden thief bug. He picked it up. It was a normal piece of paper. He cleaned it with his cape. The paper was glowing. They had found the fabled Golden Thief Bug Card. There are things in this world that are known as cards. Each card has its own effects when used correctly. The Golden Thief Bug Card when applied to a shield via a slot would nullify all forms of magic.

“GUYS!! LOOK!! IT'S THE GOLDEN THIEF BUG CARD!!!! WE GOT IT!!! WE GOT IT!!” yelled Ginzu.

They celebrated, having earned the best card they had ever seen. Is this the end of the journey?