Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Ragnarok-Conquest ❯ Lost of Friend ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Part 3- Lost of Friend

A brown haired boy rushes through the city heading north. He falls and hits the ground hard. He looks up, he sees a red haired boy, with a bloody knife. A man lying on the ground, bleeding profusely screams in agony. The first boy tries to get a look at the red haired boy. The boy had bloody clothes. He turned around…His face changed rapidly and looked like the boy on the ground. The man lying down was now dead, the father of a murderer.

Ginzu wakes up with a sweat, he was in an alley, his sword removed from its sheath. It lay a few feet away from him. He was still in Geffen, at least he thinks so. A boy was looking at him.

“Hey mister, whatcha doin? Why are you lying down there?? Huh?? Why? Why???” asked the boy. He looked like Ginzu when he was younger .

Ginzu walked p and went straight to the inn, leaving the boy. When he got back he found the others worried sick. Then he noticed that his hands were soaked with blood that was dried.

“What the heck happened to me?!?!?! I don't even remember going out. All I remember was that four guys were following me, I went into an alley and thwam, and I'm out cold. Where is Usher? I have to ask him something.”

“He went out,” replied Ryogi, “I think he went t the tower to look for you.”

“AND YOU JUST LET HIM GO!?!?!?”

The four of them had to brave the Geffen Tower. As they entered its Dungeon, the noticed many things, the whispers don't attack. They continued forward. Deep in the Third Floor, they saw countless bodies, unable to be resurrected as they were mutilated beyond repair. Finally, the fourth floor, it was empty, nothing could be seen. The continued walking, Belthezor readied his blessed his friends, Ryogi casted energy coat, a spell that protects the caster from harm but reduces their ability to cast longer as the caster takes damage.

Within a dark Corner of the floor they saw a blue light moving away from them.

“That's him! Usher must be down here. Kill the Doppelganger first, maybe it got Usher,” said Ginzu


The Blue aura was rapidly moving from one place to another, perhaps trying to evade the party. As they got closer, the light stopped shining. The smell of death was close.

“HEY YOU! WHAT ARE OU DOING HERE?? RUN NOW!!” A voice yelled to the party from within the darkness. It was the voice of the Hunter they had met earlier.

“Who are you?? What are you doing here alone???” asked Nazreen.

The Hunter ran to them. “Be careful, the doppelganger is here, he is too fast in the darkness. The only indication is his blue light. Anyway my name is Judgeman, my party was captured by the doppelganger, could you help me find them?”

“Err….well…we were looking for a knight, have you seen him??”

“Yes I did. He tried to fight off the doppelganger alone but it was too powerful. He retreated, leaving me to deal with this thing.”

“Join our party, well find them together,” asked Ginzu. The Others were still looking around if anything was moving.

An hour of waiting and still no Doppelganger. The party, including Judgeman the Hunter, was getting edgy. A blue light emerges from the darkness, lighting up the dark room. It was Usher, at least it looked like him. The Party was exited but Judgeman shot an arrow at Usher which hit his shoulder.

“What the hell are you doing?!?!?” Belthezor was enraged.

“That's not your friend, it's the doppelgnager,” Judgeman replied while shooting his arrows. They didn't seem to effect the Usher form of the doppelgnager. The doppelganger charged but was a little clumsy because a spear is to be used on a mount, not on foot. It quickly noticed this and the blue aura was shining so bright that everyone was momentarily blinded.

The Usher-Doppelganger was gone but it was now looking like Ginzu! It still was glowing blue. Ryogi started to cast Soul strike, which hit the doppelganger with such ease. It started to cast something. A huge cross-appeared on the ground, centering on the Doppelganger. It was copying Ginzu's Grand Cross Skill. Ginzu ran forward, the cross would have killed anyone but not crusaders, as they have some immunity towards holy attacks.

Once again the blue light engulfed the room, now with a Ryogi like Doppelganger in the middle. It casted spells that Ryogi knew by heart. The party was somewhat out numbered. They could not defeat themselves.

“If Usher were here, that thing would be dead. We cant win against this thing,” said Ryogi hopelessly.

Throughout the dungeon, a loud squawk was heard. A peco peco came charging with Usher on top. The doppelganger turned back into its swordman from and charged towards Usher. Judgeman now shot the doppelganger with His Arrow Charge skill. It hit the doppelganger squarely on its back. Like before it flew away but now towards Usher! Usher readied his spear and the doppelganger was poised to stab Usher on impact.

No one would have imagined what happened. As the doppelganger advanced, his sword pierced through Usher's Peco Peco and cut Usher at his Stomach. Usher's Spear was stabbed into the Doppelganger's head, killing it on impact. Usher's Peco Peco fell to the ground. Usher fell of his mount hitting the ground with such force that his armor was dented. Judgeman went deeper into the room, looking for his friends, while the others rushed to Usher's aid.

Usher awoke as Belthezor Healed him. He turned to find a horror committed. His Peco Peco was almost dead. It was weak and could barely make a sound. Usher stroked its feathers while saying, “Please don't die, don't die.”

The Peco tried to live but alas, all things whether great r small have to end one day. Usher's cries and yells could be herd from all over Geffen. Usher got up , took his spear and stabbed the doppelganger's body which was now lifeless.

“WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL HIM!?!?!? WHY WHY!?!?!? I'LL KILL YOU!! I'LL KIL YOU!!!…Why…Why…”

Ginzu and the others comforted Usher. They returned to the surface where they were celebrated on killing the doppelganger. Usher though never smiled, that day he changed, he would kill anything that wasn't human, even if it was just a Poring. This was Usher's turning point in life, but life must go on…

To be Continued…