Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Sins of the Father ❯ Yet another Tease-me-do! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


The Sins of the Father


by Lord Raa


Disclaim-me-do: Can't talk, on fire.


----------


A young man of athletic build walked along a paved road towards the urban environment known as Central City. He wore a world weary look on his face and the clothes on him were of a well travelled appearance.

'I guess I'll be home soon. Not that I really want to talk with Colonel Mustang,' he thought in a barely amused way.

As he walked to the barracks in Central City, he was unable to stop himself recalling the reason for this trip. "Damn you, old man! Damn you to the lowest pits of Hell. I hope you're happy, you bastard!"


----------


Colonel Roy Mustang waited patiently for his most able operative to return. The fact that he could have taken three trains to get back to the office and still arrived some time ago lead him to suspect that his latest outing had been a failure.

"He could at least send a message to his superiors. Damn kid," he cursed.

Lieutenant Hawkeye was more sympathetic to the young man's situation, but kept her opinions to herself.

Before the Colonel could curse the young traveller again, there was a knock at the door.

"Yes," Mustang answered.

"Ranma Saotome is here to see you, Colonel."

"Send him in."

When Ranma entered the room, the Colonel took his usual mocking tone. "Ranma, so glad you could join us. I take your trip went well."

Ranma remained silent for a moment more then what would normally be considered polite. "The trip went fine. It was the mission that turned out to be a dry well."

Mustang shook his head dismissively. "I don't know why the military puts up with you and your quest, Saotome."

Ranma knew the answer for this, having been told so on numerous occasions. "Because I can transmute better than anyone in the history of the State Alchemists. Also, I think you have a vague idea how good I am in a fight."

Mustang glared at Ranma. "That was a fluke and you know it."

Hawkeye managed to keep her smirk under control and out of Mustang's sphere of attention. 'Ranma and the Colonel are so alike. It's a good thing they're around each other, they keep the other's ego from getting too big.'

It had been a major upset when Ranma, an adolesent, defeated a combat veteran in a practial assessment. Especially for all of those that had doubted Ranma's promotion to State Alchemist.

Ranma allowed himself a small smile at Mustang's discomfort. "Can I go now, Colonel? I need to get my auto-mail repaired."

When Ranma showed it to the officers, they were a little surprised that it was still attached.

"And just what did you do to do that much damage?" Mustang asked. Ranma was known for getting into scrapes, but his synthetic hand was almost a hunk of scrap metal dangling off the end of his forearm.

Ranma sighed. "Someone needed teaching a lesson about how to treat a lady. A bit like a young Lieutenant Colonel I once knew."

Lt Hawkeye was now struggling to keep in her laughter as she saw the Colonel twitch. Roy Mustang was known throughout Central City as a ladies man, unfortunately it was mainly among the female population.

And the fact that he had made a few passes at a mysterious red-head upon her arrival in Central City had not gone unnoticed by the blonde adjutant.

"Yes well, I have some bad news for you. The Chancellor has made the decision to cut back on the number of 'pet projects' the military is currently funding. Yours is one of them."

Ranma remained still. "I see. Thank you for being honest, Colonel Mustang. Is there anything else you require of me?"

Hawkeye was impressed with this discipline Ranma was showing. 'He'll make a fine officer one day.'

"Not at this time. Dismissed."

----------


"Hey, Ranma!"

The pigtailed alchemist turned round to see his old friend walking briskly towards him. "Hey Hughes, what can I do you for?"

Hughes smile was short lived. "I heard what the Chancellor's order said. Sorry to hear that they won't help you anymore."

"Yeah," Ranma looked down. "I guess with all the trouble in Lior that we can't afford to spend money on frivolous things."

"I also heard about the trouble you had with some guy," Hughes' smile returned.

Ranma glared at his friend. Holding up the damaged left artificial hand, he spoke slowly as if to a child. "Really? And what could possibly have given you that idea?"

Had Hughes not been Ranma's oldest friend in Central City, he would have felt threatened by Ranma's attitude. "Well, maybe it's because people find your alter-ego really cute. In fact were I not married or privvy to the truth, I'd be tempted to try my luck."

Ranma knew that Hughes was teasing. "And you would have been ass end of the ass kicking," he teased back.

Turning back to face the way to the repair shop Ranma was accidently splashed by a cleaner's mop water.

"Damn," Hughes commented as he saw a red haired young woman visibly count to ten in an attempt to calm down.

Once again, Ranma felt like scouring the globe for the one responsible for his condition. "Let's go, Hughes. I need to get this fixed," Ranma spoke as she held up the damaged auto-mail.


----------


To be continued.



Author's Notes.

Here is the prologue for my Ranma/Full Metal Alchemist AU. Other then the Saotomes, there won't be much of Ranma in this timeline. It will also be a bit dark in parts, which is something I like about the original Full Metal Alchemist.


Any questions?

Comments?

Criticism?

Like it? Loathe it? Let me know why, people!

If you don't tell me, then how can I know what's good and what's not?

Email is (lordraa) AT (hotmail.com)

or (lordraa) AT (digitalpimp.co.uk)