Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma no Go? ❯ A Journey into the Future Part C ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ranma no Go?

Summary : Hey! I never thought that I'll write another chapter tonight. You're welcome to read everything that has went on up to this point. Anyway on the last chapter Ranma and his father began their training journey. They went to an antique shop to sell something that Genma stole and Ranma met Sai for the first time. After that, Ranma and Sai continues to influence each other and finally Ranma resolved to learn Go. They finally arrives in a temple with monks that plays Go. Sai finally plays with opponents other than Ranma. How will it goes? Now let's go on with the show!

Disclaimer : I do not own nor do I take any profit from this and also I am NOT the owner of the following series 'Ranma 1/2' and 'Hikaru no Go'. If I do I won't be writing this fic am I?

"..." Dialogues

'...' Thoughts

'...' Special emphasis


Chapter 03 : A Journey into the Future Part C


Ranma, 12 Years old

Often memorable times ended too soon, such was the thought filling his mind as Ranma walks away from the temple that he had stayed for a longer duration compares to his momentary stop to learn from other masters in his journey. He would always remember this place as a home away from home with all those kind monks and all of the wisdom that they had parted to him. Even though most of them are based from Buddhist teachings, he knew that they are also a fruit of knowledge and experience who had lived in the past to be passed on into the future, that itself has made those teachings worth more than money or gold. The most important thing to him however, is the fact that those monks has decided to teach him many advanced meditation techniques that his father scoffed and labelled as useless even though he ignored what his father said and a lot of Go matches for Sai. Thorough those advanced meditation sessions, he was able to attain serenity of mind and reached the fabled next stage of his training. The access of Ki that was usually unlocked only after a lifetime of dedicated training. The monks had never been so amazed seeing such small child able to do the thing he did.

An unforgettable experience, Sai closed his eye for a moment to savor the moment and records it into his vast memory as he had a feeling he would never return to this place again. Those go games were a lot more challenging than the standard level of go that he had played in his past, games that could only be compared to several of his best games as Honinbou Shusaku. The monks Go are solid and there are no apparent weakness to be exploited. Only by being better he could win. He could feel that his Go has entered into a new level of mastery. Even though he knew in his mind that the 'Hand of God' is still far from his reach. He was glad that he had the chance to meet those monks, for Ranma and for himself.

All those games that Sai has played with the monks were flowing in his memory, Ranma could not bring himself to forget each move that seems to carry a special weight that he could not put into words but he find that he started to understand better of Sai's Go. He kept those in his memory along with all the katas that he had memorized in with his mind and body. Finally, Genma brought them into the next leg of their training journey.


Ranma, 14 Years old

Sai had heard proverbs that humanity's stupidity knows no bound but he still could not believe how far can Genma's stupidity goes. Even though recently he suspected that he would not be able to measure it with scales available to human, Genma's truly seem to be the epitome of that proverb. Genma's with his son swam across the ocean to the land beyond Japan that he remembered called China. He was amazed with both Genma and Ranma as they swam for almost a day until they reached the shore.

He can't believe the gall of his father to actually think of swimming across the ocean after wasting their cash that he reserves to buy ship ticket to China on a Bar! He had earned that money after working part-time when Genma is away to get himself drunk. Ranma swore to himself to never let his guard down even in his sleep as his father had brought himself into a new low to steal from his own son.

No matter what kind of hardship that they had gone through, games of go is still their favourite pastime. Ranma and Sai never used their old tools using stone and the ground as Go-ban and has trained themselves to be very proficient at 'Blind-Go'. After one day gotten an inspiration to increase the difficulty level of their game and Genma has thrown away Ranma's hard-earned portable go set that he had bought saying that it's not needed for a martial artist to learn anything other than martial arts, not that he still listen to what his old man has said other than martial art itself.

Sai is truly grateful to be able to meet and stayed with Ranma and he will continue to do so as long he exist. Ranma has proven himself as a very capable pupil and last year Ranma has reduced his handicap to zero. Recently he has gotten close in skill to his level and he is glad to be able to play with Ranma as he proves to be very unpredictable in his Go which is from the base tenant of his martial arts' core principle. He never thought that martial arts could be applicable in Go though who was he to complain? Ranma had also proven himself to be a much better person in almost all situation than that 'father' of his and he thank Kami-sama for that.

Acting as a martial arts jock with his father and his fight with others proves to make a very effective complements his martial art style and he only let his mask off during his late night go with Sai and when he interacts with other without his father around. Yesterday his father acquired a map to more rare training spots in China saying that it will be the last leg of they journey. He is glad to know after being on the road for more that 8 years is kind of tiring without being able to avoid his father's idiocy although he felt that it has worth it that now that his ki capacity grows at an accelerated pace and his martial arts is as close to mastery as he could get until he could break through an unseen limit that still bound him.


Ranma, 15 Years old

Today is the day they will reach their last destination before they will return to Japan. They are close to Jusenkyo and listening at his father excitedly talking about it all night serves to only aggravates his bad mood. Sai also agreed with him as he is more in tune to the atmosphere around him. No matter what he said to his father, Genma would not listen to his precaution and decided that the more dangerous the training is, the more effective the effect the training will bring to the user, though Genma conveniently forgot how the result of training with the Neko-ken goes.

Sai could not be more high-strung than this moment. All his senses are screaming to him to leave this place and all those wailing that he could heard from the direction to their destination also adds to his nerves. He could not help it however as Ranma is going there and he need to make sure that Ranma will be alright although he could do nothing, the least he could to is to look out for Ranma. Nevertheless he had a feeling that this day will be very bad and Genma walks with extra springs in his step is not helping any. He could only hope that everything would be alright and every deity that is looking at them give them mercy. If he only knew what is in store for them.


End of Chapter 03

Another installment to this wacky fic though it's getting along a lot better than I thought. Soon it will reach the more harder part as he will finally arrives in Nerima and starts to interact to the rest of Nerima's Wrecking Crew. I hope I have enough skill to portray their meeting without making the rest of the Crew OOC. Please tell me if the characters are action too OOC and I'll see what I can do about it. Hope you guys enjoy this fic. Revised to V.2


:Omakes:

Omake A: A night under the stars

Ranma, 9 Years old

Ranma feeling bored watching the stars decides to start a conversation with Sai. "Hey Sai... why do you like to watch the stars with me? Is there any special reason for that?" He asked.

"A special reason? not really... I was not thinking of the stars when I look at the stars" Sai replied, 'I was watching you' he continues in his mind. Wink Wink

"Eh? so what are you thinking Sai?" Ranma starts to get curious.

Sai started to get pressured seeing the adorable expression on Ranma's face trying crank his brain to came up with a reply as he couldn't say that he is looking at Ranma after all, finally he said "I was thinking... Insert the junk about playing go is like the stars shit" 'BOAHAHAHAHAHA! I ROCK! Ranma will surely be impressed with my deep thinking!'

"I... see..." Ranma finally replied after a long silence.

Now we finally knows what is on Sai's mind as he made Ranma's life changing speech huh?