Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Across the Stars ❯ The Jurai Power ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

a: Awww well don't worry about Ryouga too much, he'll get to tell his side of things to Sasami, there are many, many, many episodes to this fanfiction.  At least 20, possibly more. 

 

SurfAngel: We won't be seeing Akane's abilities any time soon, because I like to think it would take a strong emotion for them to come out.  Like in Tenchi Universe with Ayeka, only in fear of Tenchi going to die did Ayeka's true abilities show.  So I like to think it would take a strong emotion for Akane's to come out as well.  Just be on the look for them. ;)

 

Dagorwen of Ithilien:  Well I am glad to see you are no longer being punished from the computer and welcome back! :)

 

Hades: You see I haven't read Tenchi Muyo the manga I only watched Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe and the suck ass Tenchi in Tokyo.  And I know that and was in suspended animation in Tenchi Muyo, but she didn't say anything about that in Tenchi Universe, so I just made up my own theory.  And I am not including Tenchi GXP because well I haven't found it anywhere to even consider reading or watching it.  And from what I hear, Tenchi GXP has hardly anything to do with Tenchi at all.

 

A/N:  I am currently writing a side story to my Inuyasha/Ranma fanfiction entitled Big Trouble in Sengoku Jidia, featuring Sesshomaru and an OC character.  She's kind of OC but not really since her character has a reincarnation in Big Trouble in Sengoku Jidia.   Which I took off because I had too many fan fictions going at one time.  I might put it back after I post the side story.  This side story I am trying to make it a one shot, if not it will be only two chapters.  I'll post it soon.

 

Disclaimer: Not mine at all, too bad though. But I can still do horrible humiliating things to the characters for awhile. But don't worry, I'll give them back the way I borrowed them.

Summary: Akane Tendou has always wanted to be stronger than her rivals, she does not know the potential she actually has to be even better. Another marriage arrangement comes back to bite Soun in the behind. He's got some explaining to do.

 

 

 

Across the Stars

Episode 9-The Jurai Power

 

Jin watched everyone closely at dinner, he had a feeling that his plans would not all go according to well plan, especially since these Earth people had arrived.  He groaned and lifted his wine glass to his lips taking a long drink.

 

Sasami was leaning over talking to Ayeka, when Sora noticed that the strawberry tart on her plate looked a little lonely.  He slowly lifted his fork and his hand hovered over her plate discreetly, well it wasn't too discreet since he didn't noticed Sasami looking at him and her fork was lifted in the air and came down hard on the top of his hand.

 

"Yeow!" He pulled his hand back looking at the fork marks in his skin. "That was completely uncalled for."

 

She humpfed and closed her eyes smugly, "Get your own tart, that one is mine."

 

Sora rubbed his hand, "Yeah well you weren't eating it, and it was all alone.  It needed my attention."

 

Sasami rolled her eyes, "keep your hands off my tarts or anything else of mine for that matter."

 

"You don't have to be so mean to me." Sora grumbled and Sasami merely laughed, which in turn made him smile.

 

Scanning the room, Jin leaned back in his chair surveying the dinner guests.  He watched the Earthlings much more closely, the young girls with the blue and brown hair were feasting on the fresh fruits, and they seemed delighted.  Jin noticed they kept throwing glances at one of the male guests, the one with the pigtail.  The male with the cloth around his head kept staring at Akane and looking well very depressed.  His daughter seemed to be in conversation with Tenchi, who's face was bright red, he wondered what they were talking about for him to be blushing like that.  Of course the woman next to him, the former space pirate Ryoko could have been the cause of his blushes, but Jin didn't really know.

 

If he just simply looked beneath the table he would know for sure, but he did not want to risk damaging his mental health, he did not need to see any of that!  One of the Earth males sat regally, simply lifting each bite of food elegantly to his lips as if judging it. If he didn't like something he passed it to the little man sitting next to him who for some reason resembled a small rodent.

 

His thoughts and gaze moved back to Tenchi and Akane, his plan would work out perfectly.  "Akane," He suddenly said and she looked in his direction, her chopsticks with the beef in between them stopping in midair on the way to her mouth.  "Have you been fitted for your ball gown?"

 

She nodded, "Yes," Then quickly sticking the piece of plum sauce covered beef into her mouth.  "Why the sudden curiosity?"

 

"Well a good leader is always prepared."

 

Akane folded her hands in her lap, "I have been prepared for it, for a few weeks now."

 

"Hopefully you have not gained weight."  He saw Akane's eyes narrow, but she kept her tongue.  He knew she wanted to speak out about that.

 

"Of course not," She said teeth clinching, Akane had forced a smile, and everyone could tell it was forced.  How dare he embarrass her in front of everyone like this, it was bad enough that she had to sit there and take it.  But for him to actually do this on purpose, it made her blood boil. Akane felt like stabbing her beef, imagining that it was Jin's cold heart.

 

Wanting to change the subject seeing how upset Akane was getting, Oyama from across the table cleared his throat.  "What are we going to do about our guests?" Oyama finally said, "Will they also attend the royal ball on Saturday."   He looked at each of them.

 

Sasami clapped, "Oh yes, why not.  It will be so much fun." She giggled

 

Ranma looked up in alarm, "Is this a fancy event or what?" He hated getting all fancied up for some silly party.

 

Jin's brows arched, "Why of course it is, the very important members of Jurai royalty and honored guests will be attending, it will be the social event of the season, well that is except the royal wedding between my daughter and Lord Tenchi of course."  He saw the boy's eyes narrow to angry slits for a near second.  'Ah, now this is interesting,' he thought to himself while continuing his comments.  "There is no need for one as common as you and your friends to attend; you would all be terribly bored." He waved his hand in the air nonchalantly and with a hint of snootiness, and then lifted a wine glass to his lips, taking a small sip.  "After all it's not like you'll have anything appropriate to wear for the occasion."

 

"We could get them appropriate attire." Sasami said, looking rather excited about the prospect of her new friends to come to the ball.

 

"With only one day till the event, isn't that a little rushed your highness." Jin felt his blood boiling as he addressed Sasami, he did not want these Earthlings to attend the ball; it was highly embarrassing for one thing.  These uncultured swine would embarrass him - er - Jurai if they attended.

 

"It would be a lot of work, but the tailors and seamstresses could get paid nice over time if they did this for us." Sasami said back to Jin, she could see his irritation but did not care that he was upset over this. "I think it would be nice if they came."

 

Jin was about to argue once more when a commanding voice spoke up, it was Ayeka who had coughed lightly, clearing her throat in a most regal manner. "Now Lord Jin, I think it would be a rather good thing of the Earthlings all attended the ball, after all it is in honor of their dear friend Lady Akane and surely they would not want to miss any great opportunity that might arise to see her as much as possible before her marriage.  Wouldn't you agree Lord Jin?" She looked at Jin seeing his lip curl slightly.

 

"Of course your highness, I wouldn't have it any other way."  He kept his temper in check, looking at each of the Earthlings Jin had the oddest feeling that Akane's friends are going to destroy everything he's worked so hard for, it was definitely going to be difficult to pull off the wedding without any problems now.  He could feel it prickling in his mind that it was this Earth male, this Ranma was the one should watch out for.  Oh yes he has read the report filled out by Ishi Tomo about the boy, an ex fiancé, suitor, and well although he appeared not to have any such feelings for Akane, he would definitely be keeping his eye on the boy just in case something came up. 

 

Jin pushed himself back from the table, snapping his fingers a woman appeared at his side.  "Naomi, we are leaving."  He turned to the guests and bowed, "I shall be retiring to my rooms now, good night." After standing upright he exited the room, with Naomi following behind him.

 

"My Lord, you seem upset." Naomi noticed her lord's behavior and how he held himself.

 

Jin growled low, "Nothing you should concern yourself with."

 

There was a loud bang and a rumbling noise as a piece of the wall slid aside and Ishi Tomo came out from one of the secret tunnels in the wall.  "My Lord, are we having some trouble? With the Earth guests possibly?" He smirked.

 

"Not yet, but I have a feeling."  Jin looked to Naomi, "Leave us."  He watched as she bowed and turned on her heels, heading down the hall before turning back to Ishi to converse with him, "I have worked too hard and too long for my plans to be spoiled now.  With my daughter's friends here, my whole operation might be discovered."

 

Ishi shrugged, "I didn't get that information for you for nothing you know, just need to keep a close watch on Miss Akane's former suitor, that is all there is to it.  I discovered an interesting fact about the Earth male, although he may be Earth born; there is great power and strength within him.  We don't want a repeat of what happened, you don't want to end up like your brother now, do you?"

 

The mighty lord scoffed, "Kagato, he was an over confident fool.  He did not anticipate his enemy's moves. I will not make the same mistake."  Jin said poking a finger into Ishi's chest rather hard.  "I will be keeping a close watch over all the Earthlings that way there are no surprises." A small, devious smirk curved against Jin's lips, "You will assist me in my surveillance of course?"

 

Bowing low, the Ambassador's assistant smirked just as wickedly, "But of course my lord, as long as I am handsomely compensated."

 

"Indeed." Jin's brow was arched.

 

 

Akane still seated at dinner, lifted her fingers to her sinuses, rubbing them.  "It has been a long day for me; I think I'm going to call it a night too."  She started to rise from the table, when Yosho called her name and she turned in his direction.

 

"Tomorrow, Lady Akane I would like you and Tenchi to meet me in the east gardens, for more advanced training."

 

Her brows arched, "Sir, I haven't even scraped the barrel of normal training, what makes you think I could even attempt a more advanced class?"

 

Yosho rose to his to his feet, calmly folding his hands behind his back he started walking away, "I will be expecting you at eight sharp." He left through the golden archway.

 

"He doesn't take no for an answer," Tenchi said looking up at Akane as she was definitely looking confused.

 

"Just what exactly does he have in mind?" Akane was pointing to the archway that Yosho left through.

 

Tenchi shrugged, "I suppose we'll find out tomorrow," he jumped suddenly and his face flamed crimson.

 

A look of concern crossed Akane's features, "Hey, you all right?  You look a little flushed."

 

"Fine!" Tenchi said a bit high pitched, he cleared his throat, his voice settling down.  "I'm just fine, just a little warm is all."  He looked over at Ryoko who was looking at him innocently, "Stop that," He whispered and then looked back up at Akane, "Everything is great, never better, I feel just fine."

 

"I'll bet." Akane was grinning.  He laughed silently to herself as Tenchi turned to reprimand Ryoko for whatever it was she was doing.  She was an interesting woman, Tenchi had spent time talking to Akane about each of the girls, but Ryoko's exploits were definitely something to hear about.  Boy was the woman ever wild, especially when it came to Tenchi.  But she really couldn't blame the woman, when you're a woman in love, nothing should stand in your way, even rivals. 

 

After taking a hopefully unnoticeable glance in Ranma's direction, she was starting to feel even more depressed now that he was here, him seeing how docile she had become.  She sure hoped that Sora found what they needed quickly; she had to get out of here no matter what her father had said.  She was not meant for this.   Silently, Akane moved away from her chair and headed through the archway.

 

****

 

Inside her dimensional lab, beneath her computer console, Washu reached up for the spray glue.  "Spray glue where are you?" She felt around the smooth surface for the can.

 

"Here you go Washu." A familiar bubbly feminine voice said, handing the mad scientist a can.

 

Washu grinned, "Ah yes, thank you." She squirted the substance and part of the computer exploded.  A rather fried looking Washu scooted out from beneath her now somewhat wrecked computer, she coughed out smoke.  She looked up and saw… "ACK! Mihoshi! How'd you get in here?!"

 

"Oh did I do something wrong?"  Mihoshi put her finger to her chin in thought, "I'm so sorry Washu. Please don't be mad at me."  Her bottom lip started quivering and her eyes grew about two sizes and started tearing up.  "Here let me fix it." She started pushing buttons and Washu jumped up from the floor, the computer started making noises that sounded rather like crunches and gears shifting roughly.

 

"No! Get away from that!" Washu shouted trying to get to Mihoshi to push her away, when a mechanical arm came down and grabbed Washu about the waist and tossed her across the lab.

 

"Ooops, Did I do that?"  The blonde young lady twirled her fingers together.

 

From the floor, Washu pointed to the door.  "Out, out, get out!!"

 

The door to the lab was thrown open and Kiyone stood there, "Mihoshi! What have you done?  I know I heard an explosion, and wherever there is an explosion there is a MIHOSHI!!" Her face was scrunched up in anger.

 

"I'm so sorry Kiyone; I didn't mean to do it." Mihoshi cried out as she ran to her.  "I tried to fix it, really I did."

 

"Just get her out of here." Washu growled, lifting her hands into her pink hair, trying to straighten it.

 

Kiyone sighed and groaned then grabbing Mihoshi by the arm and dragging her from the lab, "I told you not to go in there."

 

"I only wanted to help." Mihoshi sniffled, wiping her eyes.

 

Taking a deep breath, Kiyone let go of her anger.  "Mihoshi if Washu wanted help she would ask for it, you know that."

 

Mihoshi nodded, "Yeah, I guess so."  She headed with Kiyone towards the west wing of the palace. She assumed Kiyone knew where she was going.  "We've already been shown to our rooms."

 

"Oh yay." Mihoshi cheered, "Do we get to share one, oh do we Kiyone?"

 

The Galaxy Police officer's eye began to twitch, "not this time.  We get our own."  She smiled thinking 'thank goodness for that.'

 

Bright and early the next morning, Ranma managed to stop Tenchi in the hall and ask about the lesson.  Kuno who had also been passing by sounded interested in it as well.  With a shrug of his shoulders, Tenchi really didn't think there would be much of a problem If these two wanted to watch, it was probably going to be mostly him and Akane getting smacked around by his grandfather until they got something correct.

 

The three of them headed out to the east gardens where Akane was already warming up, she was wearing a more appropriate sleeveless green tunic over thin blue cotton pants, which looked like she could move much easier in it. Yosho was sitting down on one of the stone benches, he seemed to be meditating.

 

"Ranma, Kuno, what are you two doing out here?" Akane asked, she didn't want them to see her looking like a weakling.     

 

Shrugging, Ranma answered. "I just wanted to take a look, you know I'm interested in all kinds of martial arts."

 

"Just don't get in the way." Akane said, eyes narrowed at him.

 

"Oh I wouldn't dream it if Akane." Ranma rolled his eyes and sat down on the grass, Kuno calmly walked over and took a seat next to him.

 

Tenchi finished his warm up and then he stood next to Akane, waiting for his grandfather to start the lesson.  Yosho rose to his feet and approached the two teenagers.

 

"The Jurai power." Yosho said.

 

Akane's brows narrowed in thought, and she looked at Tenchi who merely smiled and nodded.  Her gaze shifted back to the elderly man, "What is the Jurai power?"

 

Yosho pushed his glasses up higher off the bridge of his nose, "The power to use the planet's energy.  We have ways of harnessing such a power." Yosho cleared his throat and looked at Tenchi, "Show her."

 

"All right Grandpa."  Tenchi took out his bladeless Tenchikin and held it up for Akane to see.  "It has no blade because the energy of Jurai transforms this simple hilt into a weapon."  Suddenly a blue light, which fizzled with energy shot up from the hilt.

 

"Wow." Akane was amazed as she looked on in awe, "I have never seen anything like that, well except for in movies."

 

Tenchi grinned, "Star Wars, right?"

 

Akane giggled and covered her mouth settling down, she nodded, "Yes."

 

He nodded and swung it around, the blade seemed to thicken as he demonstrated some of his moves.

 

"I can't do anything like that," She looked at Yosho, "I don't even have something that can do that."

 

Yosho nodded, "Actually you should, all the royal family bloodlines have a weapon, just your line's has been lost for… well I can't really recall how long it has been, but it's been awhile."  He pushed his arms behind his back folding his hands.  "All right Tenchi that is enough."  Yosho watched as his grandson's blade fizzled out.  "Now how have your lessons been going, have you at all worked together?"

 

Both Akane and Tenchi looked at each other, both shaking their heads no. Tenchi scratched the back of his head, "No we haven't, Akane isn't as skilled as I am as of yet, of course I've been doing this since I was five.  So our trainers don't feel that it's necessary to teach us combined skills right now."

 

"Now one of the major keys to these techniques is elegance." Yosho said.  They heard a scoff from the observers.

 

Akane's head jolted around looking right at Ranma, She didn't need to see him to know it was his noise that he made. "Oh be quiet Ranma."

 

Holding his hands up defensively, yet smirking he said, "I didn't say anything.  But Akane you and elegance, its rather like a bull in a china shop, that just shouldn't happen, it's a disaster."  He shrugged his shoulders.

 

Her hand squeezed tightly, her rage starting to surge.  Akane was about to lash out at Ranma when she felt something hit her on the head, "Ow!"  Her hands had come up and cupped her now sore spot.  She saw Yosho had a wooden stick in his hand and had hit her on the head.  "What did do you do that for?"

 

"Control your temper." Yosho simply said calmly, "you need to be in control of yourself no matter what is being said or done."

 

Akane heard Ranma snickering and she squeezed her eyes tightly shut and counted to ten slowly.

 

A grunt came from the sidelines and Kuno jumped up, his own bokken extended towards Yosho, "How dare you sir, how dare you attempt to injure the fair Akane Tendou."

 

Rolling her eyes, Akane sighed.  "Kuno, not now."

 

"I did not hit her hard, she is just fine." Yosho answered, "Now either quiet during my lesson or leave.  I will not ask you again."

 

Reaching up Ranma grabbed a hold of Kuno's kimono and tugged on it. Kuno fell to the ground.  "Quiet you jerk." Ranma glared at the bokken boy, who merely crossed his arms in front of himself.

 

"Saotome, I will not let you order me around, I Tatewake Kuno, will never bow to you."

 

Ranma felt a headache coming on, didn't that guy ever talk normally, and he turned his attention back to Akane and Tenchi.  He saw Yosho instructing the two of them, with both of them nodding, they were listening closely.

 

"You two must learn the steps first, before mastering it with a weapon." As if on queue Sora was walking over carrying something.  Yosho turned around and Sora came towards them, as he got closer they could see it was some kind of player.

 

"Welp I brought my stereo, what did you need it for Cuz?" Sora said placing it on the stone bench.

 

Ignoring Sora, Yosho moved over to the bench and put in a round disk, it was smaller than an average compact disk.  He then pushed play and a pretty, classical piece from composer Tchaikovsky started to play.

 

Sora's face scrunched up as he looked at Yosho, "You actually like this kind of music?"  

 

Once again, Yosho ignored his young, foolish, arrogant, and uncultured rube of a cousin and walked back to Tenchi and Akane.  "In order to master such moves, you must move like water, float like a butterfly." He pranced around with his hands waving in the air like a ballet dancer.

 

"Uh…" Both Akane and Tenchi said at the same time, trying to hold themselves back from laughing.

 

"Did you have to go through this kind of stuff?" Tenchi asked his grandfather, who stopped his demonstration and nodded.

 

Yosho chuckled lightly, "I did in fact, now no more stalling." He moved over to Akane and positioned her feet, one extended forward, while the other was slightly behind it.  "You will need to rely on your partner, if you don't have trust there is no way you defeat the enemy."   Yosho pushed Tenchi behind Akane, right up against her backside, both teenagers flushed.  He nudged Tenchi's right foot to come up behind Akane's extended one and his left foot to come back behind himself, to a similar stance as Akane's.

 

"Uh…" Akane started to say feeling uncomfortable.  "Does he have to be so close?"

 

Not answering her Yosho continued to position the two, he brought Tenchi's arm around Akane's waist, and placed the boy's hand against her middle.  He could hear silent grumbling from the ground, he looked briefly over to see Ranma hunched over glaring at his students.  It took a lot for Yosho not to laugh loudly at the boy's antics.  "Now you two are going to need to move together in four steps. Forward, east, west and back.  The idea of these moves are not just because they make you quick on your feet is because you are protecting each other from a hit.  Yosho continued to demonstrate each of the moves with Tenchi and Akane following along nicely, "You'll want to be in contact with your partner at all times.  There should never be a time when you are apart during these techniques, if that happens you will loose."

 

The technique in a way seemed to resemble the tango the moves were very similar, and as Yosho attempted to hit Akane with his stick, she was dipped down and missed.  Yosho would swing his weapon at the pair but they were too quick for his hits.  Yosho twirled around to bring the stick down hard on Akane's back but a blue light had quickly formed around Tenchi and in lightning speed surrounded the two of them knocking Yosho off his feet when he struck.   Yosho was to say in the least stunned as he looked up at the clouds.  Tenchi and Akane were soon in his line of sight.

 

"Grandpa, are you all right?"  Tenchi asked, very concerned.

 

Yosho sat upright, "Tenchi, I am fine." He smiled.  "You did that?"

 

He shrugged, "I don't know, what happened?"

 

Getting to his feet, Yosho could not say as of yet.  But if Tenchi was able to harness the power without a weapon, then well they were certainly in for something huge that was for damn sure.  Tenchi was strong, he always thought that one day his grandson's power would surpass his own.  He did not think it would be so soon though, the boy was only eighteen years old.  He would definitely be speaking with Washu.  "That is enough for today."  He turned around slowly and started walking away.

 

Tenchi scratched the back of his head feeling very confused, "What did I do?"  He broke out into a run trying to catch up with his grandfather.

 

Staring after them Akane was also thinking the same thing, what happened and how did Tenchi do that?  She could feel the power radiating off of him and she knew the older man was shocked at what had happened.  She felt a light touch on her arm and turned, to find Ranma staring curiously at her.  Akane jumped away.

 

"Ranma, don't touch." She looked around cautiously.

 

"Why not?" He had touched her many times already, and there was no one around anyway.

 

Akane groaned, annoyed, "Do you want to die? I didn't think you did."

 

Looking around, all Ranma could see and hear were birds and the possible wind through the trees. "There is no one out here."

 

"You don't know that."  Turning around, Akane headed further into the gardens, further into the trees.  Being out there in the open like that, it worried her.  She turned her head over her shoulder, seeing Ranma start to follow her, slowly as if he wasn't doing anything wrong, she smiled lightly and looked straight continuing on her path.

 

=====

Well that's it for this episode, I hope you all liked it.  Remember to review because well I like to know what you all think. 

 

Thanks,
Ryoko Blue.