Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Across the Stars ❯ And Then He Kissed Me ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Thank you all for your wonderful reviews, now in this chapter there is lots of fluff, I know it seems like it's not really that important plot wise, but everything is, even chapters of nothing but simple fluff. This episode is a bit R-ish. Just remember I warned ya ^_^
 
Disclaimer: Not mine at all, too bad though. But I can still do horrible humiliating things to the characters for awhile. But don't worry, I'll give them back the way I borrowed them.
Summary: Akane Tendou has always wanted to be stronger than her rivals, she does not know the potential she actually has to be even better. Another marriage arrangement comes back to bite Soun in the behind. He's got some explaining to do.
 
 
 
Across the Stars
Episode 10—And Then He Kissed Me
 
Pushing his way through tree branches and leaves of green, he couldn't find the sandy path that he was just on, where did it go? “Akane?!” Ranma shouted out to her spinning around in all directions.
 
“Ranma, quiet you idiot.”
 
He spun around hearing her voice. “I can't find my way through.” Ranma then remembered that she called him an idiot, “And I am not an idiot.”
 
“Could have fooled me,” Akane's voice said in amusement.
 
Feeling a tap on his shoulder, Ranma spun around and found Akane standing there. “Why are we in here? I can hardly move.” Well he could move but he was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with all these twigs, branches and leaves poking into him.
 
“Oh stop exaggerating,” Akane rolled her eyes.
 
His fists clinched tightly at his sides. “I ain't exaggerating, look at this.” Ranma lifted his sleeve a there was a thin scratch going up his arm.
 
“Oh who cares, stop being such a big baby.” She folded her arms in front of her, against her breasts and when he stopped complaining she decided to show him her shortcut. “Come on now, follow me.” Akane pushed the branches out of the way, and Ranma followed her, they walked for what seemed like a long while and all of a sudden the landscape started changing, the brush was no longer thick, and neatly sculpted hedges of green and little blue flowers in square-ish shapes were all around them. There were tall walls of green on either side of them. “If we keep going straight we will end up in the middle.”
 
“Middle of what?” Ranma asked with suspicion.
 
“The maze stupid, can't you see?” Gesturing around, Akane spun a little.
 
Ignoring what sounded like pet names for him, stupid, idiot. It didn't seem to annoy him as much as it used to. The reason for that was because that's just how they were with each other, it would feel too strange if the two of them were all lovey dovey with each other, he rather liked the banter, it kept things exciting. Even if she did lose her temper a bit quicker than most girls he knew, but Ranma wouldn't change her for anything in the world.
 
“I found this short cut to the middle around the first week that I had arrived.” Akane said.
 
Turning the corner, the two of them found the middle of the maze, there was a long, shallow square koi pool, there were water lilies and pads in the dark waters, trees that had purple, orange, red and yellow leaves were positioned around the pool. Two benches made of stone with clawed feet sat near where Ranma and Akane were standing.
 
“Akane, why are we way out here?” He scratched the back of his head in confusion, just how far out from the palace were they? Looking around in all directions before setting his sight on Akane and seeing her fidgeting back and forth, rocking on her heels, not to mention wringing her fingers together. “Oh come on, tell me you are not that afraid of being found talkin' with me, are ya?”
 
“I'm not afraid for myself, Ranma.” She shook her head lightly. “No, I worry more for you.” Akane sat down on one of the benches, looking up at him.
 
“Why?” He then grinned rather largely. “You know it'll take more than just a stupid law to stop me from doing anything.” Ranma proudly exclaimed.
 
“Ranma,” Akane said in a sigh. “Even you can't do everything, why can't you understand that?”
 
He felt truly offended. “Akane, is that how you think of me? You know just as well as I do, that I can do anything if I set my mind to it.” Ranma couldn't believe that Akane had such little faith in him, it hurt almost just as much as when she said she hated him.
 
“Ranma, I am going to ask you again nicely, to just go home.”
 
Ranma was going to disagree with this, he was not leaving without her. “I ain't goin' home, Akane.” He answered slightly tense.
 
“What, why not?” She asked, really wanting to know the reason he would rather stay here and risk who knows what.
 
Running a hand through his hair starting to feel a tad frustrated, Ranma sat down next to Akane, turning to her he said: “Because I don't wanna.”
 
“That's a stupid reason!” Akane snapped.
 
“No it ain't!” He argued back. “You wouldn't understand.”
 
Jumping to her feet, Akane's anger blazed. “What do you mean I wouldn't understand? You won't even explain it to me!”
 
“Akane! I am not leaving without you!” He said also getting to his feet. “Do ya get it now? You're the reason I came here in the first place.” Glaring down at his feet, Ranma squeezed his fists tightly. “No one's gonna take you from me, no one.” His head shot up, looking her right in the eyes. “And I will kill anyone who tries.”
 
Gasping, Akane stepped back. “Ranma,” she was confused. The look in his eyes, it was different, a controlled hostility. “Listen to me Ranma, you can not go up against the entire government of Jurai, you will die if you even attempt something like that.”
 
“I don't care!” Ranma barked. “I'll do whatever it takes to get you back.” He wildly waved his hand in front of himself at an angle.
 
“Ranma, I'm not some piece of property you know!” She stomped her foot. “What if I don't want you to do this?”
 
He blinked, his sudden anger evaporating. “What? You don't wanna come back with me?” It felt like his heart was about to be ripped out of his chest.
 
“It's not that Ranma, I do want to go home.” She started pacing. “I don't like living here, I miss everyone, my friends…” Her face tinted pink. “Yes even you.” She said a bit too quietly.
 
But Ranma had heard what she said and he too couldn't help the blush that stained his own cheeks.
 
“But we can not change it, I do have to stay here.” Akane grew completely serious, “you should just go home to Earth and forget all about me, I mean you never really wanted to stay with me anyway.” She laughed a bit uncomfortably. “This was your perfect chance to do what you wanted.”
 
“I was a liar.” Ranma stated honestly, perhaps it was time to tell the absolute truth to her. Even if would in turn earn him a black eye, or called a pervert or something equally unattractive. It was time to be brave and tell the truth. “It's hard to imagine my life without ya, Akane. And I don't wanna either,” His face burned. “Before I met you, I hadn't had a real friend. Even though you thought I was a girl at first you wanted to be friends. I believed you, I accepted your friendship instantly, and it really sucked that you didn't want to be friends when you found out I was really a boy.”
 
“I was just surprised is all,” Akane said with small smile. “And I didn't like boys at the time, not because I didn't like guys, period. But you saw how those idiots were, that's all they were like. How could I not hate boys when all they do is act like jerks and that was the only influence I had on how boys behaved.” Akane stared at the ground, she felt as if her heart was ready to burst out of her chest as it was pounding so hard. She could feel the heat in her face, man she was sure she was as red as a tomato. Black shoes slowly appeared in her line of sight, which meant that he was standing much closer than before.
 
Why was she suddenly swarming with nervousness? She had been alone with Ranma before, plenty of times. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, Akane said: “Uh, I think we should head back now.”
“What, now?” Ranma blinked. “But I don't wanna go back now and I can tell you don't either.” Why did she suddenly want to leave, was it something he said?
 
“Whether I want to or not doesn't matter, what matters is that I have to go back.” Akane answered while looking towards the path that led towards the beginning of the maze and to the main gardens of the palace, before returning her gaze to the grass.
 
Ranma shook his head, glancing down at the top of hers. “You should do what you want, if you don't want to go back to that stuffy palace, then don't.” What he was thinking caused his cheeks to flame. “You can stay out here with me.”
 
Lifting her head, her eyes met his. “That is not exactly a smart thing.”
 
“You don't have to be afraid ya know, I'll protect you.”
 
“Who's afraid!?” She shook her head. “And I don't need protection.” Akane said tensely, she started to get annoyed.
 
“Hey don't get mad at me, it was you who was afraid of this stupid government, I was just trying to help you.” Ranma shot back.
 
Akane's hands planted firmly on her hips, her eyes blazing with anger. “Oh yeah?! Well who said I needed your help? I certainly didn't say that, stupid!”
 
Ranma growled loudly. “Why you…” His temper was raging, his heart was pounding, hard. She was being completely unreasonable and it was starting to have an effect on him. Why does she turn everything into a fight, it was without a doubt very irritating. And when Ranma was irritated he often said things he did not mean, like... “Man, you are so uncute!” His eyes were narrowed.
 
Turning her back on him Akane stomped her foot. “I don't have to stand here and take this, I'm going home!” Akane hollered. She didn't get further than two steps before feeling a hand grab her arm, and herself spinning around to face Ranma.
 
Her glare was icy enough to freeze fire on the spot, but Ranma was not going to let that effect him, he did not want her running away from him in anger or tears. What if she decided to go to her current fiancé with her problems, which would bring the both of them closer together? The idea was just sickening, her with someone else. With that thought in mind Ranma yanked her forward, not enough to completely throw her off balance but only so that she was closer to him. Ranma saw the anger disappear from her eyes, and his pulse seemed to roar to life. “Akane,” He sounded thick and strained, his eyes searching hers. Seeing a slight blush staining her cheeks, a sudden courage assaulted him and he pulled her forward again so that her body pressed against his, and he covered her mouth with his.
 
She was tense, he could feel it as he wrapped one of his arms around her waist pulling her more against him. Oh she felt so wonderful and when he felt her relax he smiled against her lips, Ranma knew she was unsure and he was too, yet all his ill thoughts drifted from his mind the moment his lips touched hers. Ranma felt her hands hesitantly rest against his waist, then her fingers squeezed and she clutched at him harder.
 
Ranma slowly pulled his mouth from hers, he took in a shallow breath as his hand came up and gently cupped Akane's cheek, and she seemed to melt into his touch. Every inch of him felt alive, he could feel her up against him and her breathing was erratic, her breasts moving up and down with each breath she took. Ranma was drowning in her sweet chocolate gaze, while his fingers were lightly stroking her cheek as he slid his palm down her neck and around the back to cup the back of her head. Ranma couldn't wait anymore he just had to feel her, taste her, and he pulled her mouth against his. His lips brushing against hers, again and again. Then sealing over, Ranma's pulse jumped and his mouth was relentless against hers, pressing it open.
 
Hearing her sweet moans and other almost erotic noises, and Ranma felt her tighten her arms around him as his tongue dipped into her mouth sliding wetly against hers. Oh he felt as if he were heaven, the taste of her mouth, her lips, her tongue oh he wanted more, so much more. Ranma heard her soft moan and he pulled her harder against him, her breasts smashed up against his chest, her thighs pressing hard against him. He kissed her right there, so hard that he didn't even recognize himself.
 
****
 
Ryoko was soaring threw the air, laughing and smiling. She was sure glad she could do this, no one else would know the extreme pleasure of flying. The wind in her hair, the feeling of complete freedom. Seeing a figure sitting down on a bench near a fountain caught her attention. Grinning she could see that it was Tenchi, as she got closer to the ground she discovered him reading something. Mostly likely a text book for study hall she thought. She landed in front of him, her hands resting on her hips. “Hey.” She said with a slight nod of her head.
 
Pulling the book down, Tenchi's eyes met hers. “Hey.”
 
Walking over, Ryoko sat down next to him. “Reading again are you?” She leaned over his shoulder, her breasts brushing up against his arm. Ryoko watched as his face tinted crimson.
 
“Yeah, reading.” Turning in her direction, Tenchi lifted the book gesturing to it looking a bit uncomfortable.
 
In a quick movement, Ryoko reached up and grabbed the book from his hand, she pulled away from him, resting the book in her lap, looking at the pages.
 
Tenchi sighed with disappointment when she moved away from him, what was the matter with him. This was just Ryoko, so why did he feel so lost when she moved away from him. He angled his head, looking at her. “You wouldn't be interested in that book, it's probably pretty boring for you.”
 
“I knew it, it's for your schooling class huh?”
 
He nodded. “We have today off since everyone is preparing for the ball tomorrow. I just wanted to read ahead.”
 
Ryoko lifted her head, hiding a glare very well. “Who's we?”
 
“Oh, Akane and I.” He said not really knowing the effect hearing that other woman's name had on Ryoko.
 
Crinkling the page, Ryoko held in the growl that was threatening to come out. “Hey, Tenchi?” She waited till he was looking at her before she continued. “You don't like her or anything do you?”
 
Blinking with the question, Tenchi thought a moment if he did like her. “She's a nice girl, I'm glad to have made friends here.”
 
“So you're not in love with her or anything, right?” Her eyes held his.
 
Tenchi felt his heart pounding in his chest, how could she just come out and say something like that. He often wondered why Ryoko was always so direct, but would normally keep her feelings to herself. As he was looking at her, many things ran through his mind. She was crude, rude, loud…But did she behave this way as an act or could she be a nice person. He remembered that she was always nice with Sasami, they had some kind of a bond, so Ryoko couldn't be that bad inside. And right now, she seemed to have asked an honest question. No, he did not love Akane, he knew that Ryoko was in love with him, and he seemed to want to hear the words for some reason. “Ryoko, why do you want to know?”
 
“You know why.” Her eyes narrowed and she threw the book at him, it hit him in the chest and then landed in his lap.
 
“No I don't.”
 
Ryoko stood, staring at him. “You know, and you've known for a long time. Tenchi…” She whined. “I just gotta know if you love that other woman?!” She jumped at him and threw her arms around his neck. “She could never make you happy Tenchi, there is no way.” Pressing her forehead to his, Ryoko held him tighter. “So just tell me, do you love her?”
 
He swallowed hard as Ryoko was pressed against him. “Uh…” He couldn't think straight as she was so near so out came the truth. “I like Akane, but I…I am not in love with her.” Tenchi stammered.
 
Smiling, Ryoko leaned against him more, so that her breasts were right there up against his chest. She finally felt his arms come up around her waist. “You know Tenchi.” She purred, moving her lips to his ear. “We're all alone out here.”
 
“Ryoko!” Tenchi jumped to his feet, Ryoko would have fallen to the ground if it wasn't for her anticipation of his move and that she was now hovering. She crossed her arms over her breasts looking at him as he continued with what he was saying. “You can't keep doing this, I can only take so much.”
 
Her feet landed on the ground softly. “Why do you resist, Tenchi?” She eyed him curiously. “You're not gay or anything, are you?” She stretched herself forward, looking about his face in concentration.
 
“What? No!” Tenchi was startled with the question. “It's not that I don't find you…” his finger gestured up and down her body. “You are just way too aggressive, can't you calm down a little?”
 
She shrugged. “I can't help it, you just bring out that side in me.” Ryoko rushed forward and leaned against him. “Do you want me to change Tenchi?” she circled her index finger around his chest. “I didn't think you were the type that would want a woman to change who she is just to please you.”
 
Groaning, Tenchi ran a hand through his hair. “No I don't want you to change who you are Ryoko, but please could you not grope me all the time.” The truth was, her closeness was starting to affect him, her scent of fresh berries and vanilla tickling his nose pleasantly. It was as if he were getting drunk on her scent alone, and even as he said that he didn't want her groping him, the more he wanted her to do it.
 
Leaning into him more, Ryoko wrapped her arms around him, one arm around his waist and the other around his shoulders holding him tightly to her. “You know you want me too.” She purred in his ear. Ryoko could hear his heartbeat race as she pushed herself even closer to him. “Kiss me, Tenchi.” She licked the spot just directly below his ear, her hand moving down his chest, stroking it with her palm in big circles.
 
Turning his head slowly, his gaze connected with hers, so golden and beautiful. He was so nervous, he had never even kissed a girl before, what if she was disappointed? Tenchi didn't have any time to think more of the subject for Ryoko moved the half an inch closer and pushed her lips up against his.
 
His body was tense and stiff and Ryoko pulled back. “You need to relax my Tenchi, it doesn't hurt you know.” She purred.
 
“I—it's hard to relax.” Tenchi's heart was beating a mile a minute.
 
Ryoko's sweet laughter filled his ears as she lifted her index finger and lightly rubbed it against his lips, sculpting them gently. Her fingers moved, lightly tracing his cheek, her palm then cupping it. She smiled seductively as she pulled his mouth to hers. This time he did nothing to resist, in fact his arms wrapped around her waist, she almost jumped for joy, but she didn't want to break this delightful contact.
 
Nudging his mouth open she kissed him deeply, and Tenchi just about lost his balance at never having experienced something like this, his legs felt weak for a moment, almost like jelly. Her tongue stroked against his, lapping and getting him to respond just as eagerly. Their kiss grew harder, hotter, years of pent up frustration poured out of Tenchi as he seemed to take over control of his almost erotic moment. His hands moving up, his fingers tangling in her cyan hair, pulling her mouth harder against his. Tenchi wondered why he hadn't done this before.
 
Ryoko felt dizzy, her heart pounded the feelings of him becoming the aggressor ignited the fire within and she clutched at him harder, her fingers gripping him as her hands slid down to his waist, grabbing and pulling him into her. Ryoko felt him pull his mouth from hers, and she groaned out at the loss of contact. “Tenchi, don't be a tease.” She rubbed herself up against him.
 
Tenchi felt his eyes roll back in the pure hot passion she was bringing to life in him with the movements of her body against his. He couldn't resist it, his mouth took hers, hard, wet and deep.
 
****
 
They were walking much too close together for being just friends, Jin watched his daughter and that Earth male, Ranma, walking back from the maze, their arms occasionally brushing up against each others, the slight crimson to Akane's cheeks. Jin was not a rash man, he never acted swiftly. Taking his time to ponder and search and gather correct information so that he may succeed in his ultimate plan. Plus he didn't have any iron clad proof that his daughter and the Earth Male were on anything more than friendly terms. There could be no wrong turns with his plan, he must be completely sure.
 
Akane was heading in Tenchi's direction, they both heard her and Ranma's approach and they turned quickly in their direction. Akane could see the pure embarrassment on Tenchi's face as she had caught them in a very compromising position. Her brow was arched and she had that all knowing look in her eyes.
 
Reaching up and rubbing the back of his neck nervously, Tenchi cleared his throat. “She just had something stuck in her throat.” Tenchi was grinning, and rather foolishly at that.
 
Looking thoughtful, Akane nodded. “So you decided to try and remove the offending object with your…oh I don't know…with your tongue?” Her smirk was devious as she crossed her arms over her breasts and popping out her hip.
 
Tenchi stepped closer to her and leaned more towards her ear. “Oh as if you're any more innocent than I am.” He saw her face flame and he knew. “See,” With his index finger extended, he pointed to her red face, teasing.
 
`He is standing too close to her.' Was Ranma's inner thoughts as he watched the two of them interacting with each other, he was uncomfortable because to him it seemed that Akane and Tenchi got along a little too well. Ranma had to hold himself back from going in right between them and making them step back from each other at least a few steps. Why was he so insecure when it came to Akane and Tenchi? It didn't make any sense, especially with what happened back in the maze she was willingly letting him hold her and kiss her, and she wasn't even calling him a pervert or trying to clobber him. She wanted it too, she wouldn't let go of him, he recalled how perfectly she fit against him, like the missing puzzle piece to complete the picture that for so long had gone unfinished. Losing her to someone else, even as he only thought about that, he felt as if there were a hand closing around his heart and squeezing it, the pounding pressure, an internal ache.
 
“Is this bothering you as much as it is me?” Ryoko stood next to Ranma also watching Tenchi and Akane, her eye twitching.
 
Shrugging and folding his arms in front of his chest, Ranma shifted a bit. “Maybe,” Irritated as the bitter taste of jealousy seemed to fill him, he looked away from the friendly pair, what he saw was two men coming towards them from the veranda.
 
“Akane,” When she looked at him, Ranma gestured to the two men running towards them.
 
Looking over her shoulder she saw the two Juraian officials heading in their direction, and they rushed over. Standing before Akane and Tenchi the two of them bowed to the future rulers of the planet.
 
“We do not mean to disturb you, but the reporters are here.”
 
Tenchi nodded. “Uh, thanks.” He had forgotten about all the reporters coming today, he wasn't even prepared to answer their questions. Taking a quick glance at Akane, he could tell that she had forgotten as well. After the officials left them alone, Tenchi turned around to Akane. “Did you forget about the reporters?”
 
With a long sigh, Akane nodded. “I did.” She hoped that whatever the reporters asked it wasn't going to be too embarrassing and that she was prepared with good answers that at least sounded intelligent.
 
“Well we might as well get this over with,” Tenchi started moving forward towards the palace with Akane by his side, Ranma and Ryoko were following in their wake. While passing through the gardens for the veranda that led inside they were met by Jin.
 
“I hope you two are prepared.” Jin said with a finger extended in the air with a hint of condescension. “This is the first impression you two will make as its future rulers, how you answer your questions will tell the people how good of a ruler you will be.”
 
“They are just simple questions, how hard can they be.” Tenchi's eyes were narrowed slightly in annoyance, he really did not like Jin, to him Jin seemed a little too controlled. It was very unnerving. He was not about to let this man push him around and make him feel less important than he is. Tenchi may not end up ruling the planet but he was a human being and deserved respect whether he was royalty or not.
 
Entering one of the meeting rooms on the first floor of the palace, Akane and Tenchi approached a black podium. Ayeka rushed up the three steps to the small raised floor, she looked a bit apprehensive as she covered the microphone on the podium with her hand. “I know one of them is going to ask up the uprising in the mining industry, you two haven't been to one of the meetings yet, tell them you will be attending the next one which is in a week.” She noticed the two of them looked totally blank. “Oh please tell me you two are prepared for this?”
 
Both Akane and Tenchi looked at each and then back at Ayeka, guilt was clearly written on both of their faces. Ayeka closed her eyes tightly and leaned forward. “This is going to be a disaster.”
 
“I'm sorry Ayeka, I completely forgot.” Tenchi placed his hand softly on Ayeka's shoulder, and the purple haired royal princess flushed, smiling sweetly.
 
“Good luck then Tenchi, Lady Akane. Just don't make us look bad.” Turning, Ayeka hid her look of pure worry as she headed back down to where the observers and the reporters were standing. She saw Ryouga, Kuno, Ranma and Ryoko walk in, they pushed their way through the crowd do come to stand next to Ayeka. She wondered where Sasami was, that girl should be here for this. Turning around Ayeka hung her arms at her sides and crossed her fingers for luck.
 
Questions were flying at Tenchi and Akane, left and right, like Ayeka anticipated the Mining question came up and Akane answered just like Ayeka instructed. One reporter lifted up her hand and she called upon.
 
“Hello your highnesses, Tae Kishi from the Daily Suns,” She pushed a strand of her red hair behind her ear before continuing. “What do you plan to do about the homeless situation once you've gained control of Jurai?” Akane and Tenchi turned to each other to converse.
 
Akane paled. “Homeless, I had no idea about this.”
 
“Me neither, it seems like certain members of the board have been keeping things from us.” Tenchi chanced a glance over at Jin and the few men that stood around him, looking back at Akane he lightly shook his head. “I bet you that it was your father who decided to keep all matters to themselves rather than discussing it with us.”
 
“We don't want to seem ignorant on this issue.” Akane leaned forward a bit hanging her head. “I don't like pressure, especially when I am really surprised and have to deal with it.”
 
“I'll answer this question,” Tenchi reached over and patted her soothingly on her back. “Don't worry.” He stood upright as did Akane.
 
Turning back to the podium, Tenchi grabbed the sides with his hands and leaned forward on it. “We will observe the homeless and some how make a decision that will be beneficial to them.” Tenchi was watching as the reporters were writing down what he was saying on their pads or pushing record on their recorders.
 
A smaller man in the crowd lifted his pencil. “Rei Hisa, Gossip Circle, I have a few questions for you lovely pair,” His voice was rather high pitched and flamboyant, he adjusted his square but stylish framed glasses on his nose more, “You know that the royal ball that is being held here at the palace tomorrow night is the social event of the season.” He waved his hand holding the pencil in the air as he spoke. “It is in honor of your joyous engagement, yes?”
 
`Engagement!' Akane's mind shrieked, it was more like an arrangement into prison rather than a joyous engagement.
 
“Yes that is correct,” Tenchi smiled believably as he put his arm around Akane's waist, as he too was thinking along the same lines as Akane without knowing it.
 
Rei was smiling like he had just found a million Jurai and was floating on air. “Are you two happy? You sure look it.”
 
Akane was mentally cursing the reporter for these ridiculous questions, who really cared if they were happy or not, it's not like it was an important factor in this arrangement. Looking at Tenchi for an answer, she knew he could see her question of well are you going to answer him or not? She was then pulled a lot closer so that it looked like they were conjoined. They both turned to the reporters with large smiles on their faces and at the same time answered… “Yes.”
 
“We are very happy,” Tenchi lied through his teeth, this was all about image was it not? His head turned in Akane's direction. “Aren't we, Darling.” He could have sworn he saw her cringe slightly with that pet name.
 
“Oh but of course, Sweetie, the happiest,” Akane smiled, but anyone looking at them could not tell that it was forced.
 
An unsure sounding loud humpfh was heard from somewhere in the crowd, the reporters all turned their heads and their bodies to find that it was Lord Jin who had made that sound, his eyes were closed and he was shaking his head back and forth. Once opening his eyes he pinned Akane and Tenchi with his cold, icy stare.
 
“Happy are you two?” He crossed his arms in front of his powerful chest. “I am a bit skeptical of this so-called happiness between you two.” He put his finger against his forehead like he was in deep thought and trying to come up with something important. “I and I am sure along with the rest of the people in this room could use a little proof of this happiness.” Jin looked around at the few bodies around him. “I mean am I right, don't we want to see if they are willing to prove what they boast?”
 
Several `Yeahs and, I know I woulds' were shouted through the room.
 
Akane squeezed her hand tightly at her side, trying not to show any emotion on her face, her teeth were clinched. “What exactly did you have in mind?”
 
Crossing his arms over his broad chest, Jin's right finely sculpted brow arched. “Show us that you are truly happy together with a kiss.” He heard cheers and yeahs all around him. Jin thought he saw their jaws drop, and he felt him internally smirk.
 
“I think that is kind of inappropriate in public,” Akane thought quickly and she saw Tenchi nod from next to her.
 
“Explain your reasoning for this,” Tenchi eyed Jin suspiciously.
 
Lifting his hand in the air, seeming regal and noble. “It is probably best you go through with my request, you claim you're happy together, so if that's the case, just prove it to us.” His eyes slid over both of them. “Or is it that you are lying and you are not truly as happy together as you let on, you wouldn't want to people of Jurai to know that their future rulers are liars now would you?”
 
Tenchi's anger and irritation was controlled, even though he felt like shouting out at Jin that he was a big jerk and that he had no right to request something like that as proof. The feelings Tenchi was getting from this Jackass were he was setting them up for something, but what? It sure felt like if he and Akane didn't go through with this then it would show the entire public of Jurai that they were not to be trusted. “Fine then,” turning slightly he saw Akane stiffen completely. She was uncomfortable, he knew it. So he just leaned over and pecked her on the cheek.
 
Jin laughed, but it wasn't a laugh of humor, it was shallow, cold and mocking. There was still a hint of cruel amusement in his eyes as he lifted his head up high. “No, no, that doesn't prove anything my young ones.” Tilting his head almost innocently, he said: “I think the public deserves a real kiss, on the lips.” His smirk started small but grew as he kept in the chuckle that was threatening to emerge.
 
Akane swallowed hard, looking at Tenchi she could see the apology already in his eyes as he took one step forward leaning closer, knowing they really had no choice in this matter. Her heart thundered hard from nervousness and discomfort.
 
“I'm sorry,” He whispered in a soft apology.
 
“Me too,” Akane replied just as gently. The next thing she knew was that Tenchi had moved quickly, his mouth brushing gently against hers, before his hand came up cupping the back of her neck and tilting her head back.
 
Tenchi thought as he noticed her cheeks tint pink. Well if he was going to do this, he might as well do it correctly, and might as well give those reporters and the other royals something they wouldn't soon forget or question ever again. And his mouth covered over hers. He kissed her right there in front of everyone, he could vaguely hear the sounds of pictures snapping and people conversing, most of his thoughts were on the warm female pressed almost a little too intimately against him. But he was male and how could he not react to a pretty female. He felt a twinge of guilt for what he was doing, knowing that in his mind, heart and soul it was close to betraying the one he really cared about, even if it was just for show.
 
This isn't so bad, Akane thought to herself, but still it wasn't what she really wanted, they were just doing this for the public. When his tongue dipped into her mouth, deepening the kiss she gasped, surprised at not really expecting it, yet it sounded like to the public that she was enjoying this. `this is wrong!' her mind shouted at her, it was so wrong. She felt sick to her stomach with worry and guilt, somehow she knew that the one she cared about was in the crowd, watching this, watching her. She felt the prickling of tears of guilt and sorrow start to fill her eyes, but she tried to keep them down.
 
Both Tenchi and Akane pulled away from each other, Tenchi felt worse than ever as he gazed down at Akane who's head was pointed towards the floor. “Akane…” He sounded hoarse, he cleared his throat, “If you want I can take care of the rest of the interview, I can tell you probably want some time to yourself.” He hated it when she cried, he felt her tears against his cheeks, and he knew that if she lifted her head, it would be a disaster if the reporters saw her like this.
 
“Thank you.” She was so quiet that the crowd did not hear her, but Tenchi could.
 
Turning, Akane quickly fled the room, she could hear Tenchi's voice, saying that, `she needs to go collect herself, I think we got a little carried away.' His tone was teasing and the crowd's laughter filled her ears.
 
During the interview and what Ranma saw and heard, made his stomach burn, it all appeared to him like it was in slow motion, the enemy moving toward Akane and then the attack, he wanted to go up there and rip off Tenchi's head and shove it up… He groaned uncomfortably and simply turned leaving the room, he could not stand there and watch that, but as he leaned against the wall waiting for the interviews to end, the more the thoughts ran through his head. Especially about Akane, did she enjoy that, it sure looked and sounded like she did. His fist clinched hard at his side in anger and frustration. Feeling a breeze Ranma lifted his head and saw Akane walking at a very quick pace, she was heading towards two double doors behind a blue velvet curtain that led out to the veranda, Ranma's eyes narrowed bitterly as he followed after her.
 
Akane felt terrible, Jin had no right to make them go through with that display. What was he trying to accomplish with that anyway? Shaking her head, Akane had pulled the doors open and just stepped out onto the gray stones of the veranda, the nicely mowed grass was a few feet in front of her. She wanted to get lost in the almost never ending sea of green, her finger tips lightly touching the wall next to her. “Stupid Lord Jin.” She muttered moving outside completely, the curtain slipped closed behind her. She stood there for a few moments, thinking, wondering what Jin was up too, something seemed fishy about his behavior today.
 
“Akane…”
 
A familiar masculine voice disrupted her train of thought, spinning around Akane saw Ranma standing there, what was odd to her was that she could not read his emotions at all. Her brows knitted together, confused. What was the matter with her? She didn't even hear him come up behind her, not even the shifting of the curtain, or the sounds of his footsteps. She opened her mouth to speak but Ranma took one step, standing in her personal space. Taken by surprise, Akane would have taken a step back but in that split second Ranma had cupped her face and pulled her mouth to his, taking advantage of her shock by thrusting his tongue in between her parted lips. He knew she was not expecting him to kiss her right here.
 
Desperate and needy he kissed her and Akane did not resist, it just felt too good, but somewhere in the back of her mind, she commented on wondering why Ranma was acting so aggressive all of a sudden. But it didn't matter, not right now, the only thing that mattered was what she was feeling. It was different, new, as she wanted to drown in this hot fire. Akane groaned feeling his hands were in her hair, running down her back, pressing her against the length of his body. Ranma swallowed her delectable moan, as his lips sculpted and molded hers.
 
Losing their balance, Akane fell back against the wall with an uncomfortable grunt, but Ranma did not lose the electricity of his contact with her, he was still pressed against her soft sweet, warm body. He didn't know when he had decided to kiss her like this, but somewhere in his mind, Ranma's need to prove something seemed to be more evident now as his hand swiftly moved down from her waist to her hip, gripping it pulling her lower half against his. Ranma heard her whimper slightly as she was so right and so perfect fitting against him. Her thighs parted a little and he moved forward that last inch and was standing between them. He could feel it the heat of her core through her thin clothing pressing against the growing harness in his pants and he groaned out at the contact. His hands seeming to have minds of their owns drifted, moved downward, his palm then flattened against the side of her thigh and she squirmed a little. She felt his fingers move to the underside of her leg, lifting it up and pressing it against his hip.
 
There was a pleasant ache coming from between her thighs, a feeling she had never ever felt before, and Akane couldn't help the tiny mewl like sound that she made by feeling herself pressed against him, the pressure of him against her warmth, hard and yet pleasant startled her, she pulled her mouth from his. “Ranma? What are you…” She couldn't find the words to speak as he attached his mouth to her throat, her hands stretching open as her arms wrapped around him. Akane felt like she was on fire, every nerve tingled and was aware of how he was kissing her, touching her. `No! Wait!' Her mind shouted, causing Akane to open her eyes she glanced down, alarm and nervousness seemed to swarm around her. How did she get like this? Swallowing a shallow and harsh breath, Akane pushed him from her a little, trying to get a little breathing room. “Ranma, please…this…I…” Why couldn't she form one normal sentence, it's like her brain was on holiday or something.
 
Hearing some strange concern in her voice, Ranma stopped and blinked. He was so hot and she was so…so oh boy was she ever arousing. But was this going too far? Ranma shook his head, no of course not. He had kept his feelings in check for far too long. Giving her thigh a small squeeze he then let it fall slowly, brushing against his as it slid down, her foot touching the ground once more. “Akane, please just let me…I want to…” His blue eyes roved over her face noticing that her cheeks were flushed, and her moist swollen lips were parted as she breathed heavily. “Akane, I love you.” He breathed out and couldn't hold his emotions in any longer. He didn't even see her reaction, Ranma couldn't see it, he was so hot and she was so soft and inviting, his feelings needed to be said, and right now the need to touch her, to kiss her again was overwhelming. Ranma bent slightly, his mouth taking hers in a demanding, searing kiss as she welcomed it.
 
“Lady Akane?” A voice gasped out in shock…
 
=======
Well that is it for this episode, I hope you all enjoyed it. And stay tuned for the next one. ^_^ Thank you for reading and all your wonderful reviews ^_^
 
Until next time readers,
Ryoko Blue