Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Hitomi's Song ❯ Wings of a Girl ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2: Wings of a Girl

*I can't keep this up!* Hitomi thought after 10 minutes of fighting. "EVERYONE GET OUT OF HERE!" Hitomi yelled at the crowed. They split when they saw a green aura flare up. Only Van and Yukari remained.

"Shall we take this to the sky, Kanzaki?" Skye asked with venom.

"Lets." Hitomi replied, "I'll meet you at...Dragon's cliff in 10 minutes."

"You'd better be there!"

"I swear on my honor, I'll be there."

Skye sprouted white wings, and took off. This left Van totally shocked, *Another draconian?* He thought.

Hitomi jumped down, "Yukari, you got my wing armor?"

Yukari dug through her bag.

"Hurry up, I got 9 minutes to get to Dragon's cliff. I need my wing armor." Hitomi said.

"CHOTTO MATTEYO!" Yukari responded angrily, "Here they are. Better blow your wings, oh kick-ass-one."

"H-H-Hitomi?" Van said coming out of his shock.

Hitomi turned to Van, "V-Van?"

"Is that you?" Van asked.

Hitomi nodded, "I have a fight to get to. You can come to, Van. We'll talk on the way." Hitomi's wings burst out, and Yukari helped put on her armore. She did a test flap, "Perfect. Did you do the mods I wanted, Yukari?"

"Yes, but you have not tested them." Yukari replied.

"Come on, Van. I need to get to the cliff. I'll let you know how it goes, Yukari."

Van nodded, and let his wings loose. *She didn't miss me.* Van thought sadly. Hitomi took to the air, and Van followed. "I missed you, Hitomi."

"I missed you too, Van. More than you'll ever know." Hitomi replied.

"Why did that girl attack you?" Van asked.

"Skye has problems. She blames everything bad that happens in her life on me, and try's to kick my butt for it."

"Where did you learn how to fight?"

"I started training a week after I came back from Geia, and after I finished school I trained non-stop until a month ago." Hitomi replied

"What about that feather?"

"Oh, I use that as a shield, and for a few of my attacks. It's a feather from my wings. The one you gave me before I left is at my home." Hitomi locked her gaze forward, "There's the cliff, it's the tallest one in the world." They approached a very tall cliff. "Catch the wind." Hitomi started to rise up along the wall of the cliff.

"Be careful, Hitomi. I don't want to see you get hurt or killed."

"I always come out of this with a few injuries. But, you need to be careful too, she fights unfair. I wonder if she has any honor at all."

They came up over the edge of the cliff and landed, "I like that song you sung."

"Oh, thank you. I wrote that 5 years ago. Once and awhile I sing it to the public. The last verse is true, I did make a mistake when I left you 10 years ago." Hitomi looked up; her green eyes met red-brown ones. "I've cried every night. I want to back, I want to go home." Van stared at her in shock, this did not go unnoticed by Hitomi, "I knew 3 months after I left that Geia, and Fanelia were my true home. I just have to complete my training then I can go back to Geia."

"How long will that be?" Van asked, with a cute boyish excitement that Hitomi instantly adored.

"Two maybe three day." Hitomi looked around, "Well we might as well go, Skye is not going to show."

"Why?"

The worst sense of direction on earth and Geia, I shouldda guessed earlier she won't make it, she never dose." Hitomi replied, as she dove off the cliff.