Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Hitomi's Song ❯ Chapter 3: Catch ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3: Catch

"Hitomi!" Van yelled as he followed Hitomi off the edge.

Meanwhile, Hitomi was lost in thought, *How am I going to tell Van that I love him to death? Plus, I have to deal with all my enemies, and suitors.* In the back of Hitomi's mind she knew she had to pull up soon, and that Van was yelling at her to do so. *I'll confront Kuno(yes from Ranma), Zoe, and Kizoki, and tell them to leave me alone. Well, Kuno I might have to beat him up. Maybe I can Get Akane to help me. OPPS! I better pull up.* Hitomi spread her wings, and pulled up.

Van also pulled up, "That was close. What's up? And where are we going?"

"Sorry. I was just thinking. We're headed to my home."

"Thinking about what?" Van asked.

"Just stuff I have to take care of. We better get to a higher elevation; we have a long flight. It'll take an hour to get to my city." *Oh nice going, Hitomi! Just tell him that you love him. Who am I kidding? I'm scared that Van will reject me.*

Meanwhile, Van was thinking along those same lines as well, *...She'll reject me.*

One long, silent hour later.

"I hope you're ready for a dive. Because were right above the city that I live in." Hitomi said braking the silence.

Van looked down, but all he saw were clouds, "Are you sure we're here?"

"Yep. Catch me, if ya can." Hitomi said as she folded her wings in, and tucked her legs under her. *This should be fun.* Hitomi thought as she dropped into the cloud cover.

"HITOMI!" Van yelled, as he dove after her. Van flew downward as fast as he could, somewhere in the back of Van's mind he knew Hitomi was just playing, but still scared him out of his mind.

*I hope Van is ready for a game of catch. I know this scares him, but he has to remember I can use my wings now.* Hitomi looked down, *Hehehe. This is going to be really fun.* Hitomi looked up at Van, *I know the prefect way to tell him.* "Hey Van, if you can catch me, I'll give ya a kiss." Hitomi didn't wait for a response from Van. Her wings burst out, and she took off above the city.

Unfortunately, Van only heard 'Catch me' but took off after Hitomi anyhow. Van took a moment to marvel at the archatechule wonders Hitomi's city, then took off after his fast-flying love. Not only, as Van discovered, was Hitomi fast on her snow-white wings, but she was also very agile. They flew around the tall buildings, and under bridges. * Hey, this is fun.*

*I guess Van's not as fast as I am. Better slow down.* Hitomi thought as she slowed her speed.

Van saw this, and grabbed her ankle, "Got y..."Van could not finish his sentence, because Hitomi twisted so where she was facing him, and Van found himself lip locked with the girl in front of him, his love.