Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master - Old Version ❯ Morning After ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: Morning After Dragon Master - A Ranma 1/2/ AMG and more Xover Silverbreeze <silverbreeze@softhome.net> http://cyberlife.gq.nu 20011101 Minor changes 20001107 Revision 20001103 ***Thoughts*** +Chinese+ <Mind Link between Kasumi and Ranma> The sun rises. It is the day after Ranma is linked closer to the Universe. Happosai is sleeping for once in his room. Cologne found out late last night that it was serious. And is now stirring planning to visit the Tendos. Genma is snoring. Nodoka is sleeping fitfully. In Akane's room a black pig fights for air in her bed. In Nabiki's room, well Nabs is sleeping her alarm is set plus she is counting of the sounds of sparring to wake her. In Kasumi's room two forms are stirring. Though at first one was on a futon and the other on the bed. Sometime in the night Kasumi had been so worried that she could only find peace by sleeping beside Ranma. Having the warm body near caused Ranma to cuddle and by strange cosmic joke, it looks like Kasumi and Ranma had sparred. Each move not only being blocked or dodged but bringing the two closer together.
Kasumi and Ranma open their eyes as one. They smile at each other, nothing to hide with someone who can read you so well. Kasumi kisses Ranma's cheek, "Thank you for not forcing me to go back." Ranma smiles. "Dojo then Kitchen, Deal?" Kasumi nods and smiles, "I knew I couldn't hide that from you much longer." Ranma grins kissing Kasumi's cheek and getting up to go wash up. Kasumi gets up and fixes both bed and futon. As she does so Nodoka enters after knocking once.
Seeing Ranma gone but Kasumi smiling genuinely, Nodoka walks over, "What happened?" Kasumi stretches, "What are you doing up already Auntie... er um .. perhaps I should call you mother. No not yet. Too soon." Kasumi grins at Nodoka in a female version of Ranma Satome 'I am so good looking and innocent I have to be stupid #10'. Nodoka looks at Kasumi, "I know you and Ranma pretend to be stupid. And I know it is an act."
At the moment Ranma comes back in dressed in his gi. Nodoka blinks a few times. ***He didn't knock, but Kasumi seemed to be expecting him to enter just now. And what is he doing in a gi?*** Ranma looks at Kasumi, "Ready?" Kasumi nods, "Almost Sensei, need to ..", Ranma put up a hand, "Furo being drawn and kettle is on the stove now. See you in the Dojo. Five minutes." Kasumi nods, "Hai Sensei". Nodoka blinks and looks after Ranma, "And Gemma says he is lazy?"
Kasumi giggles, "For the past year Ranma has been retraining me. Then getting back to bed for another hour of sleep before Gemma wakes him. ***True enough, though now that he knows my secret I wonder what he will teach me***. Kasumi changes into a gi and for the first time puts on the black 2nd dan belt, Ranma judged her to be a year ago, ***Now he knows I am higher in Mother's art. Well I knew he would be the first to notice***.
For those who care, in Anything Goes Kasumi is 4th dan even if she wears a 2nd dan belt. In her mother's Ninja Art well Kasumi is a First Master and needs only some special moves and to master ki to become a full Master of the Art. Yes I fully realize I am making Kasumi the closest to Ranma, please note that Shampoo and Ryoga would still push the Pre-Link Kasumi to her limits. Now?? I am not so sure. She has the experiences of Ranma to draw on and well you will see. -- Dojo 4 minutes later --
Nodoka watches as her son trains Kasumi. Within half an hour they are sparring neither sweating really. It is a beautiful thing to see. But much of it is going on mentally as Kasumi and Ranma communicate faster then words. A thought and a touch and Kasumi's Anything Goes Forms begin to blend in with Keiko's Ninja training. Ranma also flows he already trained in Ninja arts picks up the differences in the clans. Silently he shows Kasumi errors in her path and better ways to merge the two,. Hiding the Ninja in the AnyThingGoes Ryu. When they stop there is clapping as Soun and Genma have come to look on. Soun crying a water fall. "See Satome-kun, I told you I saw Ranma training her. Genma nods, "That may be but he is yet to be a Master. He shouldn't train her until he becomes one.
Ranma looks at Kasumi, "Go wash up and make breakfast. It looks like today I will have to make the challenge. Kasumi nods, "Oh my", <Be careful Ranma>.. Ranma smiles as Kasumi leaves. "Don't worry Kaschan."
Kasumi cooks as Cologne hops off the roof. ***A puzzle. This is good and bad. Good as I now know who Ranma chose. Bad because it is not my Xain-pu. Must make plans to change that***. Cologne looks at Kasumi and suddenly sees her toss carrots up in the air to chop all five midair causing the pieces to fall into boiling water. Kasumi blinks as she realizes she has an ally now, a handsome loving ally.
Ranma had already made half the breakfast the Chinese stew simmer on the stove as Kasumi entered was proof of that. Before she leaves Cologne sees Happosai perch on the window of the Dojo, ***What's Happi up to??***. Without thinking about it Cologne joins the ancient founder of AnyThingGoes in watching Gemma face Ranma. And for once Ranma seems to not hold back, Happosai looks over, "You know what scares me Kon-chan?" Cologne blinks and looks over. "You admitting a fear? What could cause that?" Happosai points to where Ranma is still moping the floor with Genma, "Genma is using his sealed techniques already and the boy is not even trying to go all out."
Cologne blinks and looks at Happosai, "Are you sure old man??" Happosai nods and sighs. "Time for him to take the Master Quest.. But he is so young." Cologne stares at Happosai and gasps, ***This can be trouble***. Ranma stops and bows to Soun. Soun bows back deeply. "Welcome to my home and dojo Ranma- sensei." Ranma answers, "Thank you Sensei." Ranma then looks toward the window, "+Well old freak and old ghoul what's the next step?+" Happosai and Cologne hop down to stare at Ranma. "+When did you learn to speak+", asks Cologne. Happosai looks at Ranma, "Tomorrow you start the Quest of Masterhood.
Ranma nods, "+So be it.+" Kasumi is at the door of the dojo. "+Ranma- sama, Breakfast is ready well my part in it.+" "Oh my, Uncle looks like he needs a doctor. Auntie, Father, Nabiki, Breakfast is ready. Where is Akane?" Kasumi looks at Cologne, "+Will you be joining us Honored Elder?+" Cologne nods her head. "Yes Ms. Tendo, I believe I will. At least now I know how Ranma learned Chinese. The two of you had me fooled for one. Never did I think I would be facing you as a rival." Kasumi looks over. "+Excuse me, how are we rivals, Honored Elder?+" Cologne smiles strangely, "You have learned much from Ranma, if he is training you. I have a feeling that you have replaced Akane as Our Rival" Kasumi looks at Cologne and shrugs going to get the tea. Cologne moves to tap Kasumi on the shoulder with the tip of her staff. Ranma notices, <Kasumi, profile right NOW>. Kasumi without thinking obeys rotating on her right foot to stand in profile, the training over the years and the new training with Ranma for the past year showing as the motion is fluid and easy.
Kasumi looks at Cologne over her right shoulder. Cologne smiles at Kasumi as Ranma steps up to Cologne his ki masked, he clears his throat. Cologne turns toward Ranma then jumps back in shock at how close he is but not before his hand shoots out at Chestnut fist speed and taps Cologne on the forehead where the third eye is said to be, "+Hands off Kasumi, Old Ghoul. You do not want to start a war with me+." Cologne chuckles. "But Son in Law you are about 200 years too young to beat me." Ranma cracks his knuckles, "Try me Old Ghoul, No one attacks Kasumi. Haven't you noticed that? And you call yourself wise. She treats you with more respect then anyone I have ever seen and you still try to disable her arm."
Cologne thinks to herself, ***How did he get close enough to tap me like that***, "How do you know that's what I was doing Son-in-law." Ranma stares at Cologne. Cologne puckers up, "Do you like me so much Son-in-law?" Cologne expected Ranma to jump back and is surprised as he continues to stare at her. Ranma sighs, "Childish". Ranma turns and walks away going to help Kasumi with the serving bowls, "Go home Elder you are not welcome here." Cologne smirks and hops away. "We will see Son in law. " Chapter End