Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Game is Cat and Mouse ❯ set-up ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Game is cat and mouse

disclaimer All the characters in the story belong to Takahashi Rumiko and I have no right to use them


I am trying to place this story right before vol.23 of the manga. This occurs right after the OAV "Desperately seeking Shampoo".

____________________________________________________

The Game is Cat and Mouse


Chapter 1 setup

"I'm here Shampoo! Where are You?!" Shouts Akane.

"Shampoo here, Violent Girl," comes the reply from out of the rafters above Akane.

Akane looks for Shampoo, but all she sees is more of the abandoned factory Shampoo sent her to. The factory has been deserted for years, ever since cheap toys from Japan went out of style. The dust, shadows, crates, and broken machinery make finding Shampoo hard.

"Why did you challenge me in this place, Shampoo? Why challenge me in the first place?" Akane asks while looking around for Shampoo.

"Here is good place for game. Pervert Girl know why challenge. Pervert girl destroy Shampoo's anniversary date." The reply echoes through the factory.

Akane remembers the last time she saw Ranma and Shampoo together. It was just after Ranma was released from the hospital following the Contrary Jewel episode. Shampoo in a very tight, very revealing dress was all over Ranma. Akane saw the sweat on his brow, and heard the stutter in his voice, and something made her throw water on the pair. She giggled as she watched Shampoo-neko try to escape her dress and Ranma-chan trying to escape Shampoo-neko.

"Was 6 months since Shampoo got Husband date. Shampoo wanted very much have good date. Shampoo VERY mad at Akane. Shampoo find perrrfect way to get revenge."

"Shampoo I didn't realize..." Akane starts.

"Shampoo not finished. Shampoo make sure challenge just between Shampoo and Akane. Great-grandmother is at Cat-cafe. Old pervert given stack of playboys. Told Mousse, Shampoo and Husband have date at park today. Crazy Girl and bother told same. Spatula Girl and Umbrella Boy told also. Mercenary Sister given fake challenge letter to give to Husband. Letter say Shampoo and Violent Girl fight at park today." The direction Shampoo's voice comes from changes as she bounces from place to place.
Akane remembers Ranma telling her about the fake letter. She went to her room to get the real letter. When she got back, Nabiki and Ranma were talking about the odds for the fight. Ranma was insulting her skills and Nabiki was lowering her chances for victory. She got sooo mad, she never told them about the real letter.

Akane tightens her gi, and assumes her standard battle position. Her face froze in a very serious frown. "Well then, stop moving around and fight!"

There is a small pause as Akane begins twisting around to make sure Shampoo can not come up behind her. "Come down and fight, or are you afraid of me?!"

"Shampoo never afraid of Akane. Today Shampoo _make_ Akane afraid of Shampoo." Shampoo states, then she says, "LISTEN!"

The two girls stop moving around. Even though the walls of the factory and the distance between it and the park, they hear the sounds of combat. It takes very little imagination to make out the classic battle cries.

"Now Game begins." Shampoo says as she steps out of the shadows.

Akane instantly shifts her position to be in front of Shampoo.

"Game is Cat and Mouse." Shampoo says as she throws a red water balloon at Akane.

Akane reflexively breaks the balloon with a chop. The water spills all over her.

Shampoo watches Akane's gi fall to the floor,

Shampoo grins and says, "Akane is Mouse."

While Akane is struggling to get out of her gi, Shampoo thinks, "stick with the plan, and Ranma is mine."

As the little reddish brown field mouse stares up at her, Shampoo smiles a feral smile and says, "Shampoo is Cat." Shampoo takes out a blue water balloon and breaks it over her head.

end ch 1

thank you for reading
jeff shelton