Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Game is Cat and Mouse ❯ game 2b ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
the Game of Cat and mouse

I’ve had a couple of reviews talk about honor and character. Shampoo has shown, in multiple stories, a willingness to use mind control. Shampoo’s goal in this story is to destroy Akane’s will to fight. It could &, I think , would be within character for Shampoo to use mind control to do that. Or... Shampoo could use the Jusenkyo water to shake Akane’s sense of self and then try to use overwhelming force to destroy Akane’s will to fight. Personally, mind control isn’t honorable (although since she has used it, Shampoo obviously thinks mind control is honorable), so while this method isn’t in character for Shampoo, this is a more honorable method than Shampoo’s behavior in some stories. This is my opinion, I’m sure others will disagree.


Remember Ranma fought a mail order mecha in one story... So... Mail order special devices, like from the traditional Acme toy company are possible...



______________________


Akane-nonezumi starts looking at the crates as she runs. She stops in front of a crate. The stencils on the crate read: "ACME TOY COMPANY JAPAN BRANCH" in Japanese and English. "I always did like Tom and Jerry anime as a kid."

Akane-nonezumi smiles.



begin part2b Akane vs Shampoo

Shampoo-neko is looking for Akane-nonezumi.

A small black, metal bomb falls beside her.

The cat dodges out of the way as it goes off. As several more bombs begin falling around her, the cat sees the mouse on top of a nearby crate. The mouse has a stack of bombs next to her.

The cat charges the crate and destroys it. This scatters bombs all over the place and some of the bombs are still lit.

"Akane is cheating! She must be learning from Happosai." Shampoo thinks as she tries to look for Akane through the cloud of debris.

"I just wish the technique for destroying walls did not leave a cloud." The mouse is gone by the time the cloud fades.

The cat continues to look for the mouse.

Suddenly there is an explosion on the roof.

Looking up the cat sees a hole in the roof and a streak of white smoke leading from the roof to a nearby TALL crate.

On the crate is the mouse, she is holding a mouse-sized bazooka. She is turning it around.

"Stupid instructions! Turned it the wrong way!" Akane fumes as she points the bazooka at the cat.

"I'm the one that should have the overwhelming advantage." Shampoo peevishly thinks as she dodges behind a crate.

Shampoo-neko begins to head toward Akane-nonezumi. She is using the crates to hide behind as she sneaks up on the mouse. She approaches the crate the mouse is on.

Luckily for the cat, when she gets to that crate, the mouse is looking the wrong way.

The cat jumps on the crate and knocks the bazooka out of the mouse's paws, damaging it.

The 20 year ago crate collapses as they fight. The falling cat swipes the mouse away before they hit the ground.

The mouse is gone again when the cat gets up.

"Should I go to the roof and get the hot water up there?" Shampoo considers as she tries to rethink a plan that has gone _slightly_ crazy.

"My head hurts!" Akane looks into a piece of broken glass and sees that Shampoo's claws have ripped her right ear.

"I did not want to use this, but."

The crate next to Shampoo-neko suddenly turns to dust.

In front of the cat is the mouse.

The mouse is holding a ray gun.

The cat quickly and agilely hides behind another crate, and heads to the roof.

"Why didn't work? DEAD battery? Spare batteries NOT included!!". Akane angrily destroys the ray gun.

"I'll change back and get that mouse." Shampoo thinks in frustration as her plan has totally gone haywire.

Shampoo-neko is on the hot tin roof. She is walking toward a bucket.

Shampoo sees this scene in her minds eye.

Ranma is saying, "You had to be human to get a mouse! HAHAHAHAHAH"

Something in Shampoo stirs. Something that says, "I ran from a mouse!" Something adds, "I RAN FROM AKANE!!"

The cat flips her tail at the bucket and goes down into the factory. As the cat is looking for the mouse she passes under a broken piece of machinery.

Akane-nonezumi jumps onto Shampoo-neko's back. The two roll over several times before the cat shoves the mouse off.

They get up and start circling each other.

This is when one of the bombs, that were scattered around earlier, goes off.

The small blast, itself, is not a problem, but this one causes a chain reaction. When many of the small bombs explode at the same time, however, that is a problem.

This large explosion throws broken crates, and pieces of machinery everywhere.

When the dust clears both are trapped under wreckage.

Akane-nonezumi's small size allows her get free.

Shampoo-neko's strength would allow her to escape if she had leverage.

"Now I've got you, Shampoo! I will get you for cursing me!" Akane bitterly thinks as she walks up the helpless Shampoo.

The cat's and mouse's keen sense of smell catches the aroma of fire. The explosion that trapped them has also started a fire.

Both girls look at the fire. The crates that are burning are stenciled with the word: "EXPLOSIVE" The stencil is in Chinese, English and Japanese.

They look at each other. The mouse turns and walks away.

After a couple of steps, Akane-nonezumi turns around and charges the machine that is trapping Shampoo-neko. Her strength is not enough. She tries again with Shampoo helping this time.

The cat is free. They begin running to the outside wall. The cat is running toward a hole she knows and the mouse is following. When the cat gets to the hole she turns around and sees that the mouse is still only halfway there.

The injuries from the fight are catching up.

Shampoo looks outside, looks at the rapidly growing fire, then runs toward Akane. She picks up the mouse and runs to the hole.

Shampoo, almost, makes it outside.

The explosion that levels the factory catches Shampoo. She is blown out of the hole.

The cat flies over the grass fields surrounding the factory. She goes through the fence shielding the factory from outsiders.

She creates another hole in a fence surrounding a nearby house and falls to the ground, stunned.

end part2b end ch2


thank you for reading
jeff shelton