Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Halo 1/2 ❯ Mystery Officer ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything related to Halo or Ranma ½.

Halo ½

Chapter 1: Mystery Officer

Written by: Final Knightmare



Cairo Station: B1 Observation Room

"His name is Lieutenant Ranma Saotome ONI Section three, he'll be joining your Spartans as an observer from now on." Hood informed Dr. Halsey as they stood by an empty hall way aboard Cairo Station.

"And what exactly will this Lieutenant be observing?" Halsey asked a little frustrated, this was not the first time some one else tried to intervene with her work.

"Even I don’t know the details of Saotome's mission, what I do know is that some one high up in ONI thinks they can improve upon what you have done with your Spartans. Hell Saotome him self might not know the full extent of his mission as well, as far as we all know he is to observe the Spartans and write a report, after that who know what else ONI has up their sleeves." Halsey said nothing, thinking about this turn of events it could in fact mean that even this new Lieutenant knew nothing more than the next guy.

"What about his rank? They wont complain but my Spartans wont like it."

"As far I understand Lieutenant Saotome is there strictly as an observer and will most likely directly order them while on the battle field." Halsey nodded reluctantly, she may have a lot of pull with the top brass, but they were still in charge and when they wanted something they usually got it.

"Very well I'll go inform them of this, I'm not sure it's a good idea though." Admiral Hood nodded, and Halsey turned to leave. The meeting over no one really noticed the two men around the corner hearing everything said.

"Looks like the project is on schedule." the first one said.

"Yes but if it falls behind at any time we may have to go with plan B, and if that fails as well we might just have to force the project threw the hard way." the second one answered. There was a moment of silence.

"What of the two Spartans? Are they ready to begin the project?"

"They should administer the serum soon, they wont know right away, but just in case we slowed the effects down some to allow for more time before they notice anything." the second answered.

"And Saotome? How much does he know?" the first asked.

"He has his mission orders, he'll follow them through, we may have some problems if he figures out what is going on but I’m confidant the plan will go smoothly." The first man nodded and with that they walked away, no one ever realizing that they were there.

*********************************************************** *************************************************

Cairo Station: Spartan's Quarters


The elevator doors opened to reveal Halsey. She stepped out and made her way hastily to the Spartan’s room. The Master Chief took notice to her presence and stood quickly to salute.

"Ma' am is there something wrong?" he asked. The look on her face told him enough to know he might not like it. Dr. Halsey turned to him and struggled
to hide her expression.

"As a matter of fact there just might be." Will, Fred, Kelly, and Linda were now at attention. Looking unaffected by her announcement, the truth was that curiosity and concern was very much present.

Halsey decided to be straightforward with the Spartans and convey a confidence that was being over shadowed with annoyance.

"ONI section three is sending some one to join the team."

The Spartans shifted, not one liking the sound of that. "His name is Ranma Saotome, Lieutenant Ranma Saotome, he will be joining your team as an observer for a classified project that ONI has going on."

Surprising it seemed anything at all bothered them. Superior beings that were more robotic than the AI Cortana chose that time to arrive; appearing over a holo station near the room.

"hmm Lieutenant Ranma Saotome? I'm having some trouble finding his CSV." Halsey cast an eye to the curious AI.

"Oh I thought you said ONI could keep nothing hidden from you?" she said, irritating Cortana somewhat.

"It's not hidden, just a little.... wait I got it." Cortana and everyone else in the room turned to a large monitor on the far side of the room. A picture of a young man in a black ONI officers uniform popped up along with a rather short CSV, strange since even a lowly private would have more information than that.

"Is this all?" Halsey asked beginning to read the information.

"Yes that's it. According to this, he only joined the military two years ago. Enlisted as a Private first class in the marines then a month after that there are reports of and incident then he was taken form his unit and disappeared for a month, later appearing again as an officer." Halsey read on disliking it even more and more.

"This cant be right even the most basic of information is missing." Cortana gestured concern as well.

"Yes and if there is anything else it's not in the records, usually I can easily detect hidden information, if there’s anything else it's certainly not stored electronically that's for sure."

"Ma'am how long will this Lieutenant be in our unit?" John asked, already getting bad feelings about all of this.

"Most likely quite a while, not even Admiral Hood knew that much, whatever he is here for it can’t be good. We can only hope things go smoothly, In any case the top brass are ordering it, and an order is an order."

"Yes Ma'am." John nodded.

"Well I better be going, Cortana see if you can find anything about this project of ONI's and this Saotome person." Cortana nodded, quickly getting to work trying to crack this latest mystery.

"Well Hood should be down here himself later to brief you in person." However as she started toward the elevator her quick strides slowed, turning back to face them. "By the way, did you guys report to medical this morning?"

“Yes Ma'am, the doctors administered some new shots, they are apparently an improvement on the old ones."

"Very well then." With that Dr. Halsey turned to leave. And it seems no one really knew with the new information received, nothing would be the same anymore.
-------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

AN: Pretty short chapter, but I wrote this kind of quickly. As far as I know this is the only Ranma Halo crossover out there. I do have some what of a story line for this, but will see were it goes from here. As for how Ranma got to the year 2552 I might write it in a future chapter, but don’t expect something grand, probably something like all the other ranma crossovers out there. Well Review if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.


New AN: Ok this is an edited version that is hopefully better done than the first. Now I know that this is at least the second Halo Ranma crossover. Story line is finally looking good, and future chapters should be coming on a weekly basis. Remember to visit my profile for news of the status of chapters, and any future stories. My new beta reader added some words below. She address the point I make in my bio, if there someting you don't like and think are wrong well then to bad, it's my fic and changes to the real Halo and Halo book's story line will be made whenever I want.

EC: The basic grammar and sentence structure was enhanced and what not but nothing extreme. I think if we collaborated better on the story and where it was headed I could create a subtext of emotion and feeling to a cold story of Spartans and such. For those of you who love to complain about every single detail that might be tweaked in order to satisfy the author’s “artistic” view can and should remain silent. It’s fan fiction. Don’t like it? Make your own. Kthanx.